Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i dont expect the Heat to keep their pick but in the off chance they do, are there any folks who'll be around at 18 who exude Heat Culture from every pore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Midrange catch and shoot, he'd be a cutter, almost all of his 3 point shooting came off assists. He was ball dominant, but without the ball you still had to pay attention to him in ways you don't need to with Amen (though a lot of that may be G-League). His skillset looked more complete on draft day, but he was a #1 pick.

I don’t recall Wall doing much cutting or moving off ball at Kentucky but I suppose it has been a while. He certainly wasn’t creating threes himself but almost no one does and he never took very many. I don’t think his off ball game was ever advanced or a positive

I don’t know what you mean about it being G-league, Amen didn’t play in the g-league but yeah it’s of course hard to judge what the competition in OTE is like this early on

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This. This is the tweet to end all tweets

https://twitter.com/ToddHamptonIII/status/1668368106945667073?s=20

Gimmick account but I’m expanding my vocabulary by following

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 14, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

i dont expect the Heat to keep their pick but in the off chance they do, are there any folks who'll be around at 18 who exude Heat Culture from every pore?

I'm not sure which player in this draft is the next Len Bias

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Aye Doc posted:

There are some people who have Hawkins projected in the 20s but probably not.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sidy is not a Monte pick but I wouldn’t hate it

https://twitter.com/SwipaZorro/status/1668343016711675906

This guy is just bad and has trex arms right?

https://twitter.com/Sactown1140/status/1666566019802955776

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
After Bane I dunno if the T-rex arms is as damning an attribute.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DeimosRising posted:

I don’t recall Wall doing much cutting or moving off ball at Kentucky but I suppose it has been a while. He certainly wasn’t creating threes himself but almost no one does and he never took very many. I don’t think his off ball game was ever advanced or a positive

I don’t know what you mean about it being G-league, Amen didn’t play in the g-league but yeah it’s of course hard to judge what the competition in OTE is like this early on

I meant OTE, as in not a college system so I am not sure what it looks like both in terms of competition but also what they are asking players to do.

So do you think Amen is as good of a prospect as Wall or Morant? I just don't see a player with that level of skill.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Most likely one to get stuck for an uncomfortable amount of time?

quote:

Nineteen players have received invitations to attend the 2023 NBA draft and sit in the green room, sources told ESPN.

Victor Wembanyama, Brandon Miller, Scoot Henderson, Amen Thompson, Ausar Thompson, Cameron Whitmore, Jarace Walker, Anthony Black, Taylor Hendricks and Gradey Dick received the first batch of 10 invites this past weekend, followed by Bilal Coulibaly, Cason Wallace, Nick Smith, Dereck Lively II, Kobe Bufkin, Jalen Hood-Schifino, Jett Howard, Jordan Hawkins and Keyonte George on Tuesday

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

The second twin

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

probably a tie between Jett and Keyonte George

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Sidy is not a Monte pick but I wouldn’t hate it

https://twitter.com/SwipaZorro/status/1668343016711675906

This guy is just bad and has trex arms right?

https://twitter.com/Sactown1140/status/1666566019802955776

He's actually grown a +2 wingspan since that initial damning measurement.

problem is he's still not good at basketball

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/1668970733890859014?s=46&t=3d9JmXOJWgE8nozHLwUyjQ

Still has Miller at 2 though

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

It would be really Charlotte for the Hornets to take Miller and have him bust

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ewww

quote:

Some trade scenarios could be in play for the Pistons with the No. 31 pick as well, for example, packaging Bojan Bogdanovic for Tim Hardaway Jr. and the No. 10 pick, sources tell ESPN. -- Givony

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Anything is possible but one of Miller's better qualities is that it seems like he's got a pretty high floor. More likely scenario is he's just the worst guy in the top four while still being like a seven-year starter

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dallas should say gently caress it and field an entirely Slav team around Luka lol

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

oops wrong thread

morestuff fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 14, 2023

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

We need a center, what the heck.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Is Bojan even worth all that much more than THJ?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hehehe hehehehe

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

I'd say so as he's actually good at basketball still and didn't mysteriously forget how to play

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

Luka likes him and his dad didn’t go on national tv and call Luka part of the problem.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Lockback posted:

He managed 3.5 Win Shares on a 17 win team.

Bojan is above average. THJ is at best, average.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah Boja is definitely a top 100 player, I'm still shocked he went for so little.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

He's 34 turning 35 next season. I dunno I feel like trading a #10 for that is selling that pick short.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

He's 34 turning 35 next season. I dunno I feel like trading a #10 for that is selling that pick short.

Should not use a top 10 pick on a 34/35 year old guard.

At least use it on a center who will disappoint me.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You can have Nikola Vucevic no takebacks

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Would the pacers give up Turner to get another top 10 pick?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Calidus posted:

Would the pacers give up Turner to get another top 10 pick?

I don't think so, I think they're more likely to package 26,29,32 for something like 22, if they could. Turner is a rim protector who can stretch the floor. the original meaning of "unicorn" and it's still very hard to find. Name 3 other players who do it at a high level

As for The Pistons at 5, I really would like them to draft Cam Whitmore. The fell question is his biggest red flag, and I think drafting low feel players is a great way to end up with Anthony Bennetts. But I believe in Monty's ability to help guy's play winning basketball, see Devin Booker.

However Cam has 2 big red flags. His hand length is only 8 inches, hand width is 8.25 which puts him at the bottom of the pile of the top prospects.

wow this is really bad news

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 15, 2023

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Let me tell you about Amen Thompson's athleticism.

Amen Thompson is so athletic that his highlights are boring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quzgg4N-emU&t=137s

He has no gather to his jump, it just happens. In his transition dunk highlights, there's no load up then monster jam, he's just floating and in goes the ball.

His first step is so fast that it's like, bloop, one behind the back dribble and he's beaten 4 guys to his spot. He doesn't need to forearm shiver them away, doesn't need to turn sideways to slide out of their grip. He's just there that much faster.

He is a Michael Jordan level run jump athlete. Maybe a bit lighter on strength and length.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 15, 2023

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

One of the main Blazer beat writers hinted that if the Blazers kept their pick, they might pick Amen over Miller.

Based on how the Blazers draft, it would not surprise me.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Cam has tiny hands. he's a good ball handler and I like the way he finishes but there are some problems in certain areas. This explains everything.

Man I was so hyped for him to be a Piston. Now they're absolutely drafting him and he will bust as a result

Remember how emoni bates's hype train derailed when they found out he had tiny hands? His hands are the same size as Cam's

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 15, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Let me tell you about Amen Thompson's athleticism.

Amen Thompson is so athletic that his highlights are boring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quzgg4N-emU&t=137s

He has no gather to his jump, it just happens. In his transition dunk highlights, there's no load up then monster jam, he's just floating and in goes the ball.

His first step is so fast that it's like, bloop, one behind the back dribble and he's beaten 4 guys to his spot. He doesn't need to forearm shiver them away, doesn't need to turn sideways to slide out of their grip. He's just there that much faster.

He is a Michael Jordan level run jump athlete. Maybe a bit lighter on strength and length.

First highlights I've actually seen of him and holy hell, that dude's moving like sonic the loving hedgehog

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 15, 2023

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Measurement wise (WEMBY CAVEAT) I think Leonard Miller is the most impressive prospect. He has true center size, down to his hands, but he has guard skills (even if he's clearly a 4/5 in the NBA, he's no Anthony Davis ), wonderful touch, and a relentless motor. I have no idea what his role is in his prime, but I think he's contributing to winning basketball. That touch is why I think he will end up as a 3pt shooter. I hate projecting that skill but I think he has the ingredients.

Shear Modulus posted:

First highlights I've actually seen of him and holy hell, that dude's moving like sonic the loving hedgehog

His turbo bar is always full. He doesnt smoke layups like certain prospects

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 15, 2023

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

if anyone wants a really long Scoot vs. Amen breakdown
https://draftpunkofficial.substack.com/p/xxplosive-scoot-henderson-vs-amen

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/richierandall/status/1669367433495232514?s=20

I feel like this is good for Scoot landing in Charlotte but also never underestimate Jordan being terrible at management

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jordan just wants to challenge them to 1 on 1

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It says jordan wants to bring both back though, clearly he wants to play 2 on 1 and humiliate both of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mean Baby posted:

One of the main Blazer beat writers hinted that if the Blazers kept their pick, they might pick Amen over Miller.

Based on how the Blazers draft, it would not surprise me.

That would be hell of a gamble. Amen also seems to have a redundant skill set with Sharpe. I know Portland loves to swing for the fences on athleticism, but Miller's low floor at the wing has to be very appealing.