Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Crowetron posted:

What's the difference between the two evil Supermans?

Very, very little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Crowetron posted:

One of them is an alien.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

One has laser eyes, the other doesn't

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

JamMasterJim posted:

This looks so stupid.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Crowetron posted:

One is from Image and the other is from WildStorm/Dynamite Entertainment

I'd say it's a missed opportunity to have Superman fight Evil Superman as reinforcement of OH THE BATTLE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL, poo poo'S ETERNAL but they're never letting you rip of Supes' head

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Crowetron posted:

one is the main character's evil dad and wants to destroy the world (or something idk)
the other is donald trump and just wants to be racist and/or fascist

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the racist one also had a lot of chud fans of his tv show that were completely incapable of reading subtext who got really mad when they realized he was supposed to be the bad guy

Orv
May 4, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the racist one also had a lot of chud fans of his tv show that were completely incapable of reading subtext who got really mad when they realized he was supposed to be the bad guy

Was this before or after the congealed breast milk

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I know it wasn't a secret, but it's still funny that they released a DLC trailer before another base roster reveal

Edit: I was wrong, there's also a trailer for a new character

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 22, 2023

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Everything about this game screams "we were making Injustice 3 and were forced to abruptly change course"

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Lol, leaks were so dead-on that they didn't bother keeping it a mystery.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

one is the main character's evil dad and wants to destroy the world (or something idk)
the other is donald trump and just wants to be racist and/or fascist
Yeah, basically.

Omni-Man (moustache older guy) is an alien raised in a civilization of conquering warlords who was given Earth to rule and decided to slow-burn the conquest because it turns out he liked the place, so he played superhero for a few decades first (his species is insanely long-lived). He's absolutely a bad guy, but doesn't think he is, because he truly believes that life will be better on Earth after he rules it and brings it into his species' galactic empire and also he cares about humans, but only as, y'know... basically pets? They're cute and all, but they come and go and he's the one in charge.

Homelander (flag guy) is an absolute fascist nutbag. He lives in a world where people can get superpowers, but nobody else got superpowers like him. He's orders of magnitude above the rest of the superheroes, which puts him that much more above normal unpowered humanity, and, y'know... it just... gets to him. Why he has to care about any of these yelping little... things that he can kill by staring at too hard, or touching too fast. Why he shouldn't have anything he wants, because who could stop him. Why he should have to pretend to be anything other than what he is, which is... better than everyone else. And why, when you think about it, it makes any sense that he has to live by any rules at all set by his lessers.

Aaaaanyway, there had better be Friendships in this game, because if I can't make Peacemaker do the opening dance, I riot.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Finally loving figured out what country bamco sent me a code for, it was Singapore. Dipshits.

Meanwhile lmao they brought Li Mei back alright. Hopefully she still does Bajiquan, that's a really cool martial art

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lol, guest characters are kinda stupid, unless it's Tifa in Tekken or Rival Schools characters in Street Fighter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

good guest character: akatsuki in under night

bad guest character: the For Honor Knight

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

2B in soul calibur was pretty funny

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

teagone posted:

Lol, guest characters are kinda stupid, unless it's Tifa in Tekken or Rival Schools characters in Street Fighter.

I think Link should be in every fighting game.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Mr E posted:

I think Link should be in every fighting game.
First thing I thought of was Tears of the Kingdom Link putting Mortal Kombat characters in the Contraption. Or should that be the Kontraption?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I have no issue with Omni-Man and Homelander being in the same game considering NetherRealm was able to differentiate Superman, Zod, Supergirl, Shazam, and Black Adam.

It does remind me of how Death Battle did an episode about Omni-Man vs. Homelander where upon the announcement, fans all agreed that Omni-Man would obviously destroy Homelander easily, but it's okay because Homelander's the worst and deserves the beating. They might as well just make the ending of it one of Omni-Man's Fatalities.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Final fight, rival schools, and street fighter all kinda have the same vibe so I barely consider those crossover characters.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Veev posted:

Final fight, rival schools, and street fighter all kinda have the same vibe so I barely consider those crossover characters.

Pretty sure they're all in the same universe/continuity, which is why having guest characters from those doesn't feel stupid lol.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Poison is kinda more a Street Fighter character at this point than a Final Fight character, yeah

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SF6 needs to bring in at least one Slam Masters character. Make it Gunloc, complete with Blade from SF: The Movie costume.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Veev posted:

Final Fight was even originally going to be a sequel to Street Fighter (1).

And Hinata was childhood friends with Sakura, so Rival Schools didn't really try too hard to stay away from the Street Fighter universe.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Lol, leaks were so dead-on that they didn't bother keeping it a mystery.

Yeah, basically.

Omni-Man (moustache older guy) is an alien raised in a civilization of conquering warlords who was given Earth to rule and decided to slow-burn the conquest because it turns out he liked the place, so he played superhero for a few decades first (his species is insanely long-lived). He's absolutely a bad guy, but doesn't think he is, because he truly believes that life will be better on Earth after he rules it and brings it into his species' galactic empire and also he cares about humans, but only as, y'know... basically pets? They're cute and all, but they come and go and he's the one in charge.

Homelander (flag guy) is an absolute fascist nutbag. He lives in a world where people can get superpowers, but nobody else got superpowers like him. He's orders of magnitude above the rest of the superheroes, which puts him that much more above normal unpowered humanity, and, y'know... it just... gets to him. Why he has to care about any of these yelping little... things that he can kill by staring at too hard, or touching too fast. Why he shouldn't have anything he wants, because who could stop him. Why he should have to pretend to be anything other than what he is, which is... better than everyone else. And why, when you think about it, it makes any sense that he has to live by any rules at all set by his lessers.

Aaaaanyway, there had better be Friendships in this game, because if I can't make Peacemaker do the opening dance, I riot.

Yeah, there's a reason Homelander is floating above the others in a Jesus pose

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Put BlazBlue in Guilty Gear. Put Platinum the Trinity in Guilty Gear -Strive- Season 3

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

good guest character: akatsuki in under night

bad guest character: the For Honor Knight

for honor knight is funny
especially since iirc all his special moves are basically unusable so as a guest character he's just a pile of good normals
just the blandest white noise character possible

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 22, 2023

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Couldn't find a T8 match after like five minutes but Lili still feels fun to spin with

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What prestige TV drama is Tekken 8 gonna have a guest from

Friggin' Gus Fring or something

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The gay cokehead hotel manager from white lotus season one

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

When are they gonna add Tony Montana to Mortal Kombat

Orv
May 4, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Liu Bei complete with you know exactly what move

It’s plus on block of course

Orv fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 22, 2023

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Mr E posted:

I think Akuma should be in every fighting game but especially Tekken 8

fyp tia

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

In collaboration with The Last of Us Season 2, they're going to put Abby Anderson in the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gex would own. "Its tail time"

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Gex would own. "Its tail time"

Gex sweep imo

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Are there the playable barakas special or are they just footsoldiers or something

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

poe meater posted:

Is this the original Baraka? Or is it like Baraka-7 or something?

liu kang remade the world at the end of 11 so this is the new baraka

Orv
May 4, 2011
Except now Baraka is just some dude with Blade Arm Disease

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Orv posted:

Except now Baraka is just some dude with Blade Arm Plague

bro new baraka is so sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU