Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ethics_Gradient posted:

The influencer/vlog vids on his YT channel are a real treat if you haven't checked them out already.

absolutely not but thank you for the suggestion lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Doctor Malaver posted:

Serious question, why do people hate him that much? I don't like his antivax stance but other than that... What, he's Serbian so warcrimes, and... he's better than your favorite player?

He plays a boring style of tennis (baseline/defense), which is hard to watch after being blessed with Fed's beautiful game for so long. He's also annoying and a blowhard and I hope he never wins anything else.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
OK I get the issue with his style. And he's supposedly doping but never got caught?

Bip Roberts posted:

He's always been a smugface

nikosoft posted:

He's also annoying and a blowhard

fancyclown posted:

When I think about it I’ve always hated Djokovic and his gamemanship.

Are there any egregious examples or just generally lacking modesty?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

Doctor Malaver posted:

OK I get the issue with his style. And he's supposedly doping but never got caught?

Are there any egregious examples or just generally lacking modesty?

jesus loving christ

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

nawilo_420 posted:

jesus loving christ

You gave the Kosovo example but that's from 2023 and people seem to be hating him for decades so there's gotta be more.
I appreciate the responses so far.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

sheri posted:

Hasn't she been tested more than pretty much anyone ever?

Everyone was "tested more than anybody" before they got caught. The only way to get caught by an actual test is by being stupid. Those who are good at doping get caught by like years of police investigation.

Doctor Malaver posted:

You gave the Kosovo example but that's from 2023 and people seem to be hating him for decades so there's gotta be more.

Honestly I think it's just that the three best male tennis players in history happened to play at the same time and one of them isn't very likable and he's also the one who plays the least exciting tennis out of the three.

Peggotty fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 13, 2023

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Doctor Malaver posted:

This was in 2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4_JImnibhA

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Peggotty posted:

Everyone was "tested more than anybody" before they got caught. The only way to get caught by an actual test is by being stupid. Those who are good at doping get caught by like years of police investigation.

also tennis players do not get tested as much as they should anyway.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Doctor Malaver posted:

Sorry, the rest of us are currently taking a 24 hour medical timeout.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Doctor Malaver posted:

Okay, Novak. You won the US Open. Isn't that enough? You're not going to win over this crowd you big jerk.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
for another fun example of djokovic being djokovic have a look at the very first post in this thread

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Here’s the issue with you, dJoker:

https://youtu.be/1nY-wyIwWls?si=1ha9r6G63XGsX1sB

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
federer and nadal are from the good western europe but djoko is from the bad eastern europe

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Doctor Malaver posted:

It's boring that he wins all the time and he's a bit of a prick op. My dislike of Djokovic increased exponentially since Fed and Nadal stopped competing and Djokovic' dominance reached a peak. So for me it's about how he's making a game I like to watch boring as gently caress.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021

Sway Grunt posted:

Imagine all the fun we could have had posting about Novak's claim from earlier this year that positive thoughts can transform contaminated water into clean water.

Iol i forgot about this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also his doctor making him hold up a piece of bread 'notice how your arm is weaker now? you are allergic to gluten'

also that hes mommys special boy and he doesnt need a vaccine because she said so

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I liked the bit where he had a Serbian doctor give him a fake doctors note saying he had a recent Covid infection and then he got deported from Australia

oh, also the hypocrisy of being Mr. "I care so deeply about what goes into my body that I refuse to get a vaccine and only eat leaves" while being doped out the gills like all the other tennis players except Andy Murray probably

another very strange Djokovic experience was the time he was losing a match really badly and then yelled at his box and someone ran through the crowd to hand him a bottle of mystery pink drink from the stands and then he drank it and recovered and won the match in five sets, that was deeply weird and I always wondered why it was allowed

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Oh man, is there video of mystery pink drink from crowd?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sheri posted:

unfortunately I don't remember which tournament it was and when I tried to look it up I couldn't find the specific one I was remembering in among a bunch of other videos of him getting passed various drinks from his player box

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/thetwinkwolff/status/1702289765935321469

Lol remember her “nose job”

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

This is anti-Aromanian discrimination!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

vyelkin posted:

another very strange Djokovic experience was the time he was losing a match really badly and then yelled at his box and someone ran through the crowd to hand him a bottle of mystery pink drink from the stands and then he drank it and recovered and won the match in five sets, that was deeply weird and I always wondered why it was allowed

i remember this as well and also forget which tournament, it was within the last two years tho

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
man that sucks, i liked simo a lot

does her coach or whatever get fined too ?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Shame, I liked Halep.

"Her first (and as it turned out last) at the US open was on 29 August 2022" lol

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

graph posted:

man that sucks, i liked simo a lot

does her coach or whatever get fined too ?

Mouratoglou will likely go unscathed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Mouratoglou will likely go unscathed

thats loving garbage tbh

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sheri posted:

this isnt it but nah, nothing going on here either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqr2pl1pwJ0

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Never seen mixing an electrolyte drink look so suspicious

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
jabeur/trevisan (wta guadalajara) is p compelling at the moment

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
dang kudermetova takes out iga at wta tokyo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
How do you guys watch non-major tennis in general?

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Streaming sites

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

If you figure out which sports network has the rights in your country, they might have access to the ATP and WTA world feeds available on whatever streaming service they use, like ESPN+ in the US or TSN+ in Canada.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Roger Federer is the GOAT.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

nawilo_420 posted:

Roger Federer is the GOAT.

Reading a book on generalists and chuckled at this mention of The Fed (who apparently dabbled in many different sports/pasttimes as a youth and his tennis coach mum basically didn't encourage him to do tennis at all early on):

quote:

When Federer was a teenager, he became good enough to warrant an interview with a local newspaper. The reporter asked what he would buy with a first hypothetical paycheck from playing tennis, and young Roger answered, 'a Mercedes.' His mother was aghast to read that."

"She was relieved, however, when the reporter let her listen to a recording of the interview, and she realized there had been a mistake. The boy had said 'Mehr CDs,' in Swiss German. He just wanted 'more CDs.'"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Bip Roberts posted:

tennis channel via my cable box. discovered it since lockdown and ive been all-in ever since

if i didnt have cable tennis channel plus exists for a reasonable price

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
kudermetova/pavlyuchenkova is ripping atm

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
whoops!

https://x.com/TheTennisLetter/status/1709123155468648616

graph
Nov 22, 2006