Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Devor posted:

I thought if the game tries to drop a T15 map, and your atlas is all T16, the drop just disappears, right?

So 5% chance to be 1 tier higher means you convert 5% of the T15's into T16, so a drop of nothing can turn into a T16 map.

You get map equity, so if you would drop enough sub T16 maps you eventually get a T16 to drop from that (assuming you have 4 voidstones.) Basically those nodes always improve map sustain, so if you start dropping them and aren't sustaining maps anymore, add them back, if you get more value out of other nodes then don't add them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Devor posted:

I thought if the game tries to drop a T15 map, and your atlas is all T16, the drop just disappears, right?

So 5% chance to be 1 tier higher means you convert 5% of the T15's into T16, so a drop of nothing can turn into a T16 map.

This is confirmed for older versions of the atlas by GGG and I believe it's true today too from both my and the community's anecdotal experience, but it's even better than that.

From the wiki: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Atlas_of_Worlds

quote:

When a map drop's tier is rolled and no maps of that tier currently exist on the atlas, a map isn't dropped but instead adds to a "Map Equity" system that helps higher tier maps to drop. Each Tier grants a different value of Equity that accumulates. The values are tripled per tier (powers of 3), so the amount of equity granted by a Tier 1 Map is 1, and thus a Tier 2 map is 3, Tier 3 Map is 9 etc. Map Equity checks possible map drops in descending order - by first checking if it's high enough to drop a Tier 16, then Tier 15, then Tier 14, so on and so forth. A Tier 16 Map requires 14,348,907 Equity to drop. There is equity cap - 143,489,070 Equity (10x Tier 16 maps).

edit - beaten!

M. Night Skymall posted:

You get map equity, so if you would drop enough sub T16 maps you eventually get a T16 to drop from that (assuming you have 4 voidstones.) Basically those nodes always improve map sustain, so if you start dropping them and aren't sustaining maps anymore, add them back, if you get more value out of other nodes then don't add them back.

night yorb
Apr 21, 2023
Hey all you PoE people out there. Just a last minute reminder that BPL is starting up once again on Friday the 22nd, at 8pm UTC running through 9/26 8pm UTC. If you have never heard of it or never dipped a toe in before: BPL is basically a team-based scavenger hunt style event. A few hours from now will be the first team sort, slotting players into the teams they will participate in during the event. There will be more team sorts coming, the only time it is too late to join is after the event fills up and starts. Each team is allotted a set of ascendancies to build characters with and should have a handy list of recommended builds for you once you figure out where you'll be! There are four teams this time around and 1400 total slots in the league. Teams will participate in a multitude of event-long races, daily bounties, interesting collect-a-thons, and unique item collecting. Most of all, it has the potential to be fun! And with the focus being on collaborating with your comrades first and foremost, it presents a good opportunity to volunteer for parts of the game you find intriguing or interesting (blight? bossing? beasts? deep delve? RITUAL?). In my past experience, the team leads and co-leads have been active in helping teach various game systems to players who want to help with a task but aren't sure how to go about it. Like Heist! There's a full page in their scoring document just for all the stuff needed from Heist!

Some handy links:
https://bpl-poe.com/ - the web page itself, where you will sign up and link your PoE/discord accounts. Once the event is live or team sorts happen, there should be more info here. But a lot of the info lives in the discord linked on the website.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q2lQSBTDGI - the official announcement video, just a general idea and vibe of the event along with the ascendancy splits.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jZ163oeGiWOyr-3KweWD85TUcar-ownQ1ZLxdDogYtQ/edit#gid=0 - their public scoring sheet, for an idea of what things will be worth points. Races, bounties, and collection goals.

I've participated in two BPLs so far, one back in Ultimatum league that I don't really remember and the last BPL, during Crucible league. I think it is neat and would love to see more new blood. Characters are created in a private, softcore current league, so they are transferrable to softcore Ancestor league after the event is concluded and scores all tallied up. This means you can keep anything you want to keep, league challenge progress is still enabled, etc. It's just a fun diversion for a weekend where you get the opportunity to mess around and be a part of something bigger than yourself while also not having to solely rely on yourself. Last BPL, our crafters had a handy google form where you could request items and it blew me away to get traded what I requested the day after the event started. Then I was contacted multiple times by crafters to make sure I was using the best weapon available throughout the rest of the event. :3: BPL kind of owns.

The fun "league" stand out race this time around is having someone on your team reach rank 50 in TOTA without leaving Lioneye's Watch. That means feeding one player everything they need to succeed and finding out just what is good at the tournament at such a low level. Seems cool to me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Good timing, I'm just basically done with my current character (kinda hard to go past level 100) and was looking to make an alt. I'll let the draw determine what build I make to eventually finish out the rest of the challenges.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

External Organs posted:

Terrible fact: the built in lightning warp from Moonbender's Wing doesn't just trigger on attack, but also triggers whenever your static strike chains zap someone. It makes it so you're like... sticking to the mobs. It made it impossible to do a betrayal transportation event yesterday, lol

I just realized that theoretically i could slap spell totem support inside the axe and it may fix this.... things to try tonight

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hey does anyone know if the exp bonus that Huck confers during heists also applies to when he appears in your maps if you take that atlas node?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Looks like the answer is "no": https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Huck,_the_Soldier#As_an_ally_in_maps

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Bummer. Oh well.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
he absolutely cannot keep getting away with it :argh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

External Organs posted:

Terrible fact: the built in lightning warp from Moonbender's Wing doesn't just trigger on attack, but also triggers whenever your static strike chains zap someone. It makes it so you're like... sticking to the mobs. It made it impossible to do a betrayal transportation event yesterday, lol

We call that static cling.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Frank Frank what did you do with your mirror? Allow me to live vicariously through you and your endless wealth.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

He’s probably still trying to find someone who can actually afford it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I think I'm over Extreme Archeology and Expedition in general. It was cool that the very first logbook I ran dropped a 3-stack of raw Divines, but otherwise it feels too time consuming to get value out of (i.e. haggling with Tujen, running logbooks, etc). Plus Crimson Temple is a bit too many narrow corridors for Expedition.

So that'd be 13 points I could free up on my Atlas tree, but I'm not sure where else to invest them.

Currently farming City Square & Crimson Temple with Harvest as my main money maker. Using the top hat + Growing Hordes and Rusted Scarabs, with Eater altars and rushing the boss I end up with 120-160% quantity by the time I enter the Grove. I have the Scarab and Sextant wheels skilled now, and just made the switch to 7th Gate to force Harvest on the map device (plus double plant juice watchstone).

I have a few Shrine nodes, are Strongbox nodes a good bonus filler? Or maybe the increased chance for map boss to drop Maven invite/Conqueror/Elder/Shaper maps?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

bawfuls posted:

I have the Scarab and Sextant wheels skilled now, and just made the switch to 7th Gate to force Harvest on the map device (plus double plant juice watchstone).

You do realize Enduring Influence means "Sextants you apply yourself to Watchstones get 1 additional use" and not "Compasses you apply to Watchstones get 1 additional use", right?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

whypick1 posted:

You do realize Enduring Influence means "Sextants you apply yourself to Watchstones get 1 additional use" and not "Compasses you apply to Watchstones get 1 additional use", right?
I do yes, I had points leftover and figured maybe I can drop some more sextants and fill the other 3 watchstones with random effects to boost monster density.

The only charged compass effect I'm paying for is double plant juice.

But if that wheel and the rest of my setup isn't enough to average 3 sextant drops per 4 maps (and so far it looks like it is not), then maybe I ditch that wheel to. Just brings me back to my original question of what to do with the rest of these nodes.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Is The "33% of Chaos Damage taken does not bypass Energy Shield" from The Burden of Truth additive with the 30% from ES mastery?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

bawfuls posted:

I do yes, I had points leftover and figured maybe I can drop some more sextants and fill the other 3 watchstones with random effects to boost monster density.

The only charged compass effect I'm paying for is double plant juice.

But if that wheel and the rest of my setup isn't enough to average 3 sextant drops per 4 maps (and so far it looks like it is not), then maybe I ditch that wheel to. Just brings me back to my original question of what to do with the rest of these nodes.

I think it'd help if you linked your current tree so we'd know how many points you have and what you (presumably) like doing.

External Organs posted:

Is The "33% of Chaos Damage taken does not bypass Energy Shield" from The Burden of Truth additive with the 30% from ES mastery?

Should be additive since it's the same wording.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 18, 2023

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Current tree is here: https://poeplanner.com/a/TsR

It's basically Harvest, Expedition, 7th Gate, the top hat and some map sustain. Ditching Expedition would free up 13 points and dropping that Sextant wheel would be another 5. Might be able to drop another 7 map sustain nodes (Shaping the Skies etc) if I went into strongboxes but I'm not familiar with how much impact those make.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 18, 2023

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Found myself at level 98 with 95% xp, figured I'd go the safe route and finish it off in Tota, got my first Hinekora's Lock at 99% at rank 1100 :D

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

bawfuls posted:

Current tree is here: https://poeplanner.com/a/TsR

It's basically Harvest, Expedition, 7th Gate, the top hat and some map sustain. Ditching Expedition would free up 13 points and dropping that Sextant wheel would be another 5. Might be able to drop another 7 map sustain nodes (Shaping the Skies etc) if I went into strongboxes but I'm not familiar with how much impact those make.

Right off the bat you can free up 6 points by getting Shaping the Skies from your the gateway instead of through the starting node and removing two nodes from the Bountiful Harvest/Bumper Crop wheel since you have another parallel path and you're forcing Harvest with the map device. https://poeplanner.com/a/TsD

Here's something I came up: https://poeplanner.com/a/Ts3. Dropping Expedition, Enduring Influence wheel, Shaping the Skies and optimizing the pathing a bit, I put in Beyond, since it seems like you want to blow up poo poo loads of monsters and directly sell the results to other players, based on your opposition to dealing with Expedition NPCs. I grabbed the "more div cards" Beyond node because you're running Crimson Temple, but the currency one might be better if you're not investing in div card drops (using div card scarabs w/out Growing Hordes, always selecting that Eater altar option). Also, grabbed Eldritch Gaze because that's quite huge for maximizing those rewards...if you don't go splat because of the downsides.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

hawowanlawow posted:

also I been playing sacred gold, which is a great fuckin game. would probably never work in PoE but the "monsters die on sight" and "split" affixes rule

I like Sacred 2 cuz you can be a robot dog in it.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Nur_Neerg posted:

Found myself at level 98 with 95% xp, figured I'd go the safe route and finish it off in Tota, got my first Hinekora's Lock at 99% at rank 1100 :D

Dang grats! I haven't seen one yet but I've got plenty more to go.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

PoEStack is blowing my mind, especially since nothing like this really exists on Mac (except for I guess an Exilence port that works on a couple OSes)? Made 2 div just from playing stashtabs this morning.

Something it's not doing that I hoped something like this would is help me price my jewels. It seems like it's not even picking them up (cause I have one I know is >20c). Does anything like that exist? Or anyone have any tips? I know to look for crit multi & %life, and like 4 different overlapping attack speed mods, but I'm kind of clueless past that.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Right off the bat you can free up 6 points by getting Shaping the Skies from your the gateway instead of through the starting node and removing two nodes from the Bountiful Harvest/Bumper Crop wheel since you have another parallel path and you're forcing Harvest with the map device. https://poeplanner.com/a/TsD

Here's something I came up: https://poeplanner.com/a/Ts3. Dropping Expedition, Enduring Influence wheel, Shaping the Skies and optimizing the pathing a bit, I put in Beyond, since it seems like you want to blow up poo poo loads of monsters and directly sell the results to other players, based on your opposition to dealing with Expedition NPCs. I grabbed the "more div cards" Beyond node because you're running Crimson Temple, but the currency one might be better if you're not investing in div card drops (using div card scarabs w/out Growing Hordes, always selecting that Eater altar option). Also, grabbed Eldritch Gaze because that's quite huge for maximizing those rewards...if you don't go splat because of the downsides.
I had forgotten about Eldritch Gaze, good call.

I have never messed with Beyond, but more mobs to kill without additional stuff seems good, will give it a shot.

edit: the one you linked doesn't have Shaping the Skies but ideally I'm sustaining without it, will have to test a bit.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 18, 2023

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

JamesKPolk posted:

Something it's not doing that I hoped something like this would is help me price my jewels. It seems like it's not even picking them up (cause I have one I know is >20c). Does anything like that exist? Or anyone have any tips? I know to look for crit multi & %life, and like 4 different overlapping attack speed mods, but I'm kind of clueless past that.
Any algorithm that claims it can reliably price basically any rare item in poe is either a brilliant one or a lie.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

JamesKPolk posted:

PoEStack is blowing my mind, especially since nothing like this really exists on Mac (except for I guess an Exilence port that works on a couple OSes)? Made 2 div just from playing stashtabs this morning.

PoEStack doesn't work for me, sometimes it says things are worth 10c and I look them up on the official trade site and they're 1 alchemy orb even with the same exact stats. I'm in the same situation with pricing jewels. I kind of have an idea what's worth something and what's worth absolutely nothing, but cluster jewels are right out. I list all of them for 20c and I'll never get more than one whisper at a time, so I don't think I'm selling too low.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No Safe Word posted:

Any algorithm that claims it can reliably price basically any rare item in poe is either a brilliant one or a lie.

:hmmyes:

As OP alluded to, pricing rare items is asking "is this combination of mods valuable?", which is rather query intensive and requires a lot of context that's hard to automate. Take a Minion Damage cluster jewel. There are some Notables that are a good combination because they synergize with each other. But then there are combos that are desired because of how the nodes are arranged (my build uses 2 Call to the Slaughter/Rotten Claws because that's the only combo that puts the former before the jewel sockets, which I don't allocate past). But you always want it to only have 8 nodes...except if it's ilvl >=83 then 12 nodes becomes really valuable because you can get 35% increased effect of small passives. Do you carve out those exceptions for that specific jewel? The meta might change and now a similar set of tricks becomes highly desired on Axe/Sword damage jewels. And this is just an item with 1 implicit and 4 explicit mods.

Best you're going to be able to do is lean on item filters and see if you can compile Awakened PoE Trade for yourself to manually price check stuff (or get a real gaming system).

J
Jun 10, 2001

JamesKPolk posted:

In general for rare items I am skimming them very quickly for obviously great mod combinations, and 99.9% of the time those aren't there so I end up tossing it into an expensive tab and lowering the price on that tab over time until the item sells or gets vendored. I'll let you decide how expensive "expensive" is. For jewels, I am skimming for life+multiple good mods, or multiple lines that contain the word "multiplier" + other useful mods.

Trying to price everything semi-accurately is just not worth your time for things that aren't super valuable. You never know who is playing some weird off-meta build that needs some odd combination of mods, or when someone is trying to balance resists for their wise oak flask, or trying to balance attributes for leadership's price, and they need exactly the rolls your item has.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just don’t pick up jewels

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

whydirt posted:

Just don’t pick up jewels

or if you do just vaal all of them indiscriminately and hope for one of the good corruption-only jewel outcomes (Rain of Splinters, Fortress Covenant, Quickening Covenant, Energy from Within) or a banger implicit like corrupted blood immunity.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
First BPL team sort dropped. Hi whypick1, looks like we're both on Porcupine

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I have no clue what I'm going to do or how I'm going to help and I will spend the rest of the week deciding both of those things.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah I have no clue and hope to just be told a build/spec that the team needs lol. Also like a fool I have two irl commitments this weekend

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

if you can cap your own personal player score and maybe list some good items for other people to help them do the same, that's one of the bigger impacts you can have in BPL without signing up for an explicitly more impactful thing like the races

i will see you on the battlefield from team hellions' perspective :)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

night yorb posted:

Hey all you PoE people out there. Just a last minute reminder that BPL is starting up once again on Friday the 22nd, at 8pm UTC running through 9/26 8pm UTC.

gently caress, I have 24 hours of IRL stuff that I've already committed to this weekend :(

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

12 rats tied together posted:

if you can cap your own personal player score and maybe list some good items for other people to help them do the same, that's one of the bigger impacts you can have in BPL without signing up for an explicitly more impactful thing like the races

i will see you on the battlefield from team hellions' perspective :)

Is there a breakdown of the personal player score?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://bpl-poe.com/rules

quote:

Players gain 3 points for completing each of the following objectives. You can only obtain each objective once per account.
  • Reaching Level 80
  • Completing Uber Lab
  • 60 Atlas Completion OR 300 Trial of the Ancients Tournament Rating
For atlas passive and fully ascending objectives you must allocate those passive points for the objective to be counted.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Neat, that's pretty chill

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

IRL commitments trimmed down somewhat, I'm signing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

HopperUK posted:

I like Sacred 2 cuz you can be a robot dog in it.

You can pat a robot dog in poe now, or I think it looks like a robot, I don't think it's supposed to be.