Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

latinotwink1997 posted:

Hackett has his work cut out for him if he has to figure out how to combine banging your mom’s friends with football to win games.

1. Bang mom of key player on opposing team.
2. Make other player find out during the game, they get mad and do something dumb and get ejected.
3. Jets offense does anything and they score points.

Now, 1 and 2 are variations of a tactic shown effective in the 1977 documentary Slap Shot, but 3 will never happen with Zach Wilson at QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

abelwingnut posted:

tannehill might be worse, actually? i don't know. it's close to a coinflip to me, but i think i'd barely take tannehill over wilson.

Come onnn. Three game sample size where Tannehill struggled against two of the best defenses in the league.

Zach Wilson has never ever ever been good. Tannehill has been at minimum FINE the last few years and was very good as recently as 2020.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Shrimpy posted:

In 2020, Donald Trump received more votes in New Jersey than Missouri.

And Florida and Texas had Biden’s second and third highest vote totals. And California had the most Trump voters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Titans should really try to move Tannehill or one of the two other QBs on their roster. They're all bad so get what you can while other teams are desperate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Codependent Poster posted:

The Titans should really try to move Tannehill or one of the two other QBs on their roster. They're all bad so get what you can while other teams are desperate.

They would probably give him for free to any team that is willing pay him. He's due like 20MM more this year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SpaceDrake posted:

On other weeks, I might agree. But the Broncos are coming off getting hosed for seventy points. There's "shake it off baby, broncos nation lets ride" and then there's the players taking obvious psychic damage from putting up the worst result in the NFL since the Johnson administration.

One of these is a bad team. The other is a broken team. It is going to be absolutely fascinating to watch, no matter what happens.

I’m not even sure which team is meant to be which because the Bears are extremely bad and also broken.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AndrewP posted:

Come onnn. Three game sample size where Tannehill struggled against two of the best defenses in the league.
You can't really use "but they played hard defenses" when the Jets are facing Buffalo, Dallas, and New England.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Good god

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Okay that second to last tier is cruel and mean and not productive.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The Browns defense is the best in the NFL. That said, that stat is bolstered by a sample size of Titans, Steelers, and rainstorm Bengals.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Dolphins only had 30.

They ran 71 offensive plays. On 56% of their snaps they either got a first down or a touchdown. :lol: jesus.

TDs (at least offense ones) are already considered first downs, at least for official stats, so you can't add them together like that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Lol this rules

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Bills are so loving hilariously overrated.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

AndrewP posted:

Still, you can’t start Zach Wilson every week. Trevor Siemian is a perfectly cromulent QB to finish the season with

A noble spirit embiggens the online

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AndrewP posted:

Yeah, the Jets made a massive bet and it went bust. It happens, I don’t know that I’d blame them for it and start firing people.

Most teams would be pretty bad if they had to rely on their backup QB. And they play in a division with 2.5 good teams. Season’s over, bummer.

Still, you can’t start Zach Wilson every week. Trevor Siemian is a perfectly cromulent QB to finish the season with

The Jets are going to test this theory lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I doubt the Titans are gonna blow it up mid-season. They'll keep tweaking with the OL and ride with Tannehill barring injury to another 7-10 season.

They're gonna cut loose Tanny next season, see if Willis or Levis have anything then, and go from there. Don't think there will be a full-on rebuild unless next season is a complete disaster, which is certainly possible!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mega64 posted:

I doubt the Titans are gonna blow it up mid-season. They'll keep tweaking with the OL and ride with Tannehill barring injury to another 7-10 season.

They're gonna cut loose Tanny next season, see if Willis or Levis have anything then, and go from there. Don't think there will be a full-on rebuild unless next season is a complete disaster, which is certainly possible!

I don't understand this.... They are going nowhere, Tannehill is not coming back and the roster is bad. Might as well get Willis and Levis some experience.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

I don't understand this.... They are going nowhere, Tannehill is not coming back and the roster is bad. Might as well get Willis and Levis some experience.
I think the OL and, to a lesser degree, the weapons are so bad that they are taking their time while they rebuild the barren roster, so they're letting Tanny take the hits while they try to figure out the OL.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Gully Foyle posted:

TDs (at least offense ones) are already considered first downs, at least for official stats, so you can't add them together like that.

I appreciate that information. Let me correct my previous post. The dolphins got a first down or a touchdown on 42% of their offensive snaps - so just under half of every snap of the ball was a first down or a touchdown.

They had 9 third downs. The offense scored more touchdowns than they had third downs.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think the OL and, to a lesser degree, the weapons are so bad that they are taking their time while they rebuild the barren roster, so they're letting Tanny take the hits while they try to figure out the OL.
I mean, if Tanny continues to play like poo poo then there’s no reason not to bench him and see if Willis or Levis can give you a spark. He’s definitely earned himself a little rope, but he seems thoroughly washed and you’re not gaining much by playing him unless he can give you his trademark above-average level of production.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I mean, if Tanny continues to play like poo poo then there’s no reason not to bench him and see if Willis or Levis can give you a spark. He’s definitely earned himself a little rope, but he seems thoroughly washed and you’re not gaining much by playing him unless he can give you his trademark above-average level of production.
What I'm saying is that the coaches probably worry that putting anyone else out there right now will be a net negative for that player. They wont find out what Willis or Levis have if they're instantly getting sacked. I think we will see one or both eventually, but not until the Titans are more than a game out of the division lead and/or the OL stops sucking really bad. Their RT who should be respectable is suspended for, I think, 6 games so once he's back things may turn around. These Vrable teams always compete and the AFCS is rear end so they could end up in the playoffs if the OL gels/improves and Burks takes a step forward.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Kurgarra Queen posted:

He really just needs an OL.

Week 1 was statistically his worst professional performance. Week 2 was statistically his 2nd best career performance, and he had like a 128 rating.

Week 3 was completely stifled, but on dropbacks where he wasn’t pressured he maintained something of a 86 rating and connected on the majority of his throws. The problem was the OL was a sieve and Myles Garrett ate them alive.

It’s extremely possible he’s washed. But if you put any pocket passer behind the line he’s had, they’re getting their poo poo pushed in. :shrug:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

WaffleZombie posted:

This is a fair thought, but I will always go back to Washington signing Josh Johnson in 2018, 7 years since he last threw an NFL pass. He was never as good as Kaepernick, and yet he still manages to keep bouncing around as a backup and practice squad guy. Will Kaep suck if he tries to play again? I'm very confident that the answer is yes. But I think he might suck less than 20 some guys that are currently employed as backups/practice squad guys.

yeah it's surprising how far ostensibly pro-Kap guys will go to argue that no, he definitely doesn't even deserve a workout from any NFL team ever, just look at how rusty Watson still is!!

and even if he does suck poo poo out loud he's still a better option than Wentz because he won't be loving hated by the majority of his teammates

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

indigi posted:

and even if he does suck poo poo out loud he's still a better option than Wentz because he won't be loving hated by the majority of his teammates

No. He is not a better option than Wentz (if you want to actually try to win). Stop telling yourself this.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he very obviously is

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
You're delusional.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well GMs clearly think they're comparably valuable

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

indigi posted:

well GMs clearly think they're comparably valuable

Wentz was employed and starting game in 2022. Kaep hasn't been employed since 2016. Very comparable. Yes.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This always sucks but it must especially suck while trying to maintain NFL shape

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38505840/titans-lg-peter-skoronski-recovering-ruptured-appendix

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Wentz was employed and starting game in 2022. Kaep hasn't been employed since 2016. Very comparable. Yes.

and how about in 2023. which of them has a job

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
In actual news, tiny QB should be back this week. Just in time for a Thielen revenge game!

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1707111012032217452?s=20

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Thank you Jesus

https://x.com/jamisonhensley/status/1707095505962946729?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

indigi posted:

and how about in 2023. which of them has a job

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You're all looking at this wrong.

Who would make the owners more money playing on a team in 2023, Kaep or Wentz?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tim Tebow, and yet the religious persecution persists

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I have no issues with the play but for those that do, this could be your angle.

https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/1707104339221967279?s=20

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Both should be allowed

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Tush push should be banned because it's boring

Bring in the Blood Bowl player toss so Kyler and Bryce be useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

wandler20 posted:

I have no issues with the play but for those that do, this could be your angle.

https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/1707104339221967279?s=20

Them calling it “tush push” makes me think of Blazing Saddles and want to call it the French Mistake.