Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf7T6la3jtM

Views:
We'll see if we get a moment like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl4f0yNcWrI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well one good thing about human beings nuking the planet's climate to put the earth on an unavoidable path to becoming an uninhabitable hellscape is that right now chicago gets a few extra nice weather sundays to not watch the bears.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Isn’t it week 4

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ut oh

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

bows1 posted:

Isn’t it week 4

news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmgice3ieZ4

views:
:mods:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I hope we beat the Packers in this week 3 and Derek Carr stays healthy

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
y’all ever watch “ football”

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

a patagonian cavy posted:

never

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

sounds hosed up

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

as a bears fan,,, no

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I'm worried about the Seahawks rematch with the Lions now that we're in week 3. Last year's shootout was only sustained by an epic Geno Smith performance and I don't know if he's got it in him again :(

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

bows1 posted:

Isn’t it week 4

good point

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it is very amusing to me that there's like 31 goody two-shoes QBs in the league and then there's McCorkle

I've been watching the NFL for decades and I'm trying to remember another outright dirty* QB and having trouble. I guess Watson was shoving players around yesterday?

*: like, on the field.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

It’s not week 3 btw

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BrownThunder posted:

It’s not week 3 btw

you're not wishing hard enough

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
it’s week 3

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Space is warped and time is bendable!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Marty, it’s me, Doc. I just got back from the future. You gotta bet all the money you can scrape together on the over in Dolphins/Broncos and Cardinals moneyline! No time to explain

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

being well-rested and well-prepared is overrated bullshit, see you on Thursday

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1706401883504381987

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

This SNF matchup is going to be a bloodbath, I'm expecting Mahomes to be pulled in the 3rd.

I'm still going to watch it to laugh at how bad the Jets' offense is (plus I'm a sicko), also it will be amusing to listen to the commentators either jump through hoops to not criticise Zach too much or go full mask-off and spend the whole game dumpstering him

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

SKULL.GIF posted:

it is very amusing to me that there's like 31 goody two-shoes QBs in the league and then there's McCorkle

I've been watching the NFL for decades and I'm trying to remember another outright dirty* QB and having trouble. I guess Watson was shoving players around yesterday?

*: like, on the field.

Just a friendly ball check.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
For myself, I am ready for Bears/Broncos to be hilarious. I so desperately hope the Bears can beat and embarrass the Broncos further.

It's me, I'm the sicko pulling for the week 5 Denver Meltdown.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

For myself, I am ready for Bears/Broncos to be hilarious. I so desperately hope the Bears can beat and embarrass the Broncos further.

It's me, I'm the sicko pulling for the week 5 Denver Meltdown.

after the bears the broncos play the jets

:stonklol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's no in-between. Denver will either clobber both the Bears and Jets back-to-back and delude everyone into thinking they're back just to increase the disappointment, or they'll lose to both and Payton will have lost all his potential Hall of Fame votes

The funnier option is the one where the Bears only have one top 5 pick to ruin instead of two, but given how they've regressed in every way from last year I don't see that as the most realistic option

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Vertical Lime posted:

after the bears the broncos play the jets

:stonklol:

And then it's a month of Chiefs-Packers-Chiefs-Bills. The best-case scenario for them, going into Nov. 19, is 2-7.

Mostly I just want losses to the Bears and Jets for 1) hilarity and 2) to speed up the true meltdown so the team can actually be ripped to the studs to fully rebuild. Or just literally collapse because the ownership refuses to let go of Peyton but the players refuse to actually play under him. Whichever.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

SpaceDrake posted:

And then it's a month of Chiefs-Packers-Chiefs-Bills. The best-case scenario for them, going into Nov. 19, is 2-7.

Mostly I just want losses to the Bears and Jets for 1) hilarity and 2) to speed up the true meltdown so the team can actually be ripped to the studs to fully rebuild. Or just literally collapse because the ownership refuses to let go of Peyton but the players refuse to actually play under him. Whichever.

Hear me out: not only do the Broncos lose to the Bears and Jets, they lose by double digits.

If that happens you might go ahead and put the entire team on sale, because there'll be no recovering from that

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Sure are a lot of news threads to poo poo post in this week

News: Chargers v Raiders

Views: which coach can make the dumbest decision this week? tune in and find out while your brain liquefies itself from the stupidity!

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 26, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is it weird to think that Josh McDaniels looks much worse than Sean Payton?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Chris James 2 posted:

There's no in-between. Denver will either clobber both the Bears and Jets back-to-back and delude everyone into thinking they're back just to increase the disappointment, or they'll lose to both and Payton will have lost all his potential Hall of Fame votes

The funnier option is the one where the Bears only have one top 5 pick to ruin instead of two, but given how they've regressed in every way from last year I don't see that as the most realistic option

Yes, four bad games will undo twenty years of perpetual playoff relevance and multiple offensive reinventions and Sean Payton will no longer be a hall of famer. Jesus loving Christ

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Name another coach that got the Saints anywhere close to a Super Bowl. That in itself is HoF worthy.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

MJeff posted:

i don't think it's that crazy, two close losses and an unfortunate buzzsaw maiming is a lot better than being unable to count to 8

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MJeff posted:

On one hand, Payton would have gone for 8.

On the other, he already lost to McDaniels, so

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
McDaniels should never be allowed to do anything but draw up plays. The mans' an idiot savant.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Do we have any evidence that Josh McDaniels is good at offense without Tom Brady

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ehud posted:

Do we have any evidence that Josh McDaniels is good at offense without Tom Brady

He got good seasons out of Mac Jones and Matt Cassel

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ehud posted:

He got Mac Jones to the pro bowl.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They scored 50 points twice with Mac Jones at QB

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MrLogan posted:

As a replacement. So many backed out or just couldn’t go that 11 quarterbacks were named to the Pro Bowl that season which is :aloom:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

They scored 50 points twice with Mac Jones at QB

70 is the new standard

MrLogan posted:

the pro bowl is fake

Nodoze posted:

He got good seasons out of Mac Jones and Matt Cassel

missed the playoffs in 2008 to the wildcat dolphins, invalidating any other accomplishments, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
NFL needs to learn that just because someone is good at one job doesn’t mean they should be a leader or good at other jobs.