Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Matt Zerella posted:

Lmbo the Giants brought back Pugh.

Florence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Matt Zerella posted:

Lmbo the Giants brought back Pugh.

He’s still playing?!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Justin???

The guy the Giants drafted super early who was shocked when they called him because he himself thought he was a day 3 pick?

Went and had a middling careear in Az? That one??

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1709238155600122268

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

For a second I was like 'poo poo, didn't he used to be really loving good' and then i realized I was thinking of Chris Snee

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2022 coach of the year on the hot seat

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/ritaoak_art/status/1705237478469160999?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Could you post screen shot or may copy paste the content

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FYI, you need to change the link from X to Twitter for embeds to work

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's worth a shot. They can have her date Daniel Jones and their cute couple name can be "Danny? Pugh!"

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Quiet Feet posted:

It's worth a shot. They can have her date Daniel Jones and their cute couple name can be "Danny? Pugh!"

Do you have any idea what this would do to Euphronius?

Hmm? >:[

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

FYI, you need to change the link from X to Twitter for embeds to work

God, how lame, just put that poo poo site out of its misery already

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Like the nfl would ever conspire to help the Giants

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

davecrazy posted:

Justin???

The guy the Giants drafted super early who was shocked when they called him because he himself thought he was a day 3 pick?

Went and had a middling careear in Az? That one??

4th round grade but was kind of underrated at the time. He did a lot right he just wasn't very strong. Having a middling career is still pretty great for anyone in the NFL.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rogue Elephant posted:

I'm with you on the stupid rear end sacks but the line is so bad that he doesn't get to push the ball downfield

Both can be true.

The Giants don't even have the worst line in the NFL. Carolina is getting Bryce Young killed, Trevor is regressing because they can't block anything, Joe's getting all out blitzed and the Bengals can't do poo poo about it. Tua literally has like 2 seconds flat to throw (2.2 just looked it up but I want to pretend I'm free form typing this) but he's killing it.

The reason is because there is such a glut in DL talent and sacks are so important that guys who used to have to do run fits are told to just go all out at the QB now. Some QBs like Tua are just saying gently caress it and hucking it to fast WRs, some QBs like Mahomes just look for the quick hit. The problem is Daniel Jones is garbage at a very hard position to not suddenly be garbage at. He stares down his first read and has lovely accuracy. The pick to Witherspoon was thrown directly at him on a slant/hitch concept which HS QBs can hit. You either throw it to the hitch or throw it to the sidelines. Jones stepped back, read it, and threw it with lovely accuracy directly to where the WR was when the read began.

The only reasonable excuse I can give the guy is the amount of OC's he's been under but even then Garrett gave him an Air Croyell offense that we're supposed to be running right now and Shula gave him a quick hitting WCO that he constantly made mistakes in. Those are both offenses his play style fits in perfectly yet he can't run it with any sort of talent or without turning the ball over from a complete lack of awareness. I understand feeling bad for the guy and wanting him to succeed but this is a position of football that requires an It factor that he'll never have.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the most interesting stat I heard about Tua is that his time to throw is the league lowest and his depth of target is highest, a tough combination to defend (unless you can make them one dimensional)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

She deserves much much much better than this team

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

indigi posted:

the most interesting stat I heard about Tua is that his time to throw is the league lowest and his depth of target is highest, a tough combination to defend (unless you can make them one dimensional)

Same. That's some video game poo poo right there. Those stats don't really go together. Usually, quick strikes are slants, button hooks, quick outs, screens, (some) fades and designed passes to the flat. Typically, that combination you posted isn't even possible but, like the old adage goes, you can't coach speed. It's a big part of why what Miami and Tua are doing are so interesting. I've genuinely never seen anything quite like it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Change the thread title from Washington to New York.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Same. That's some video game poo poo right there. Those stats don't really go together. Usually, quick strikes are slants, button hooks, quick outs, screens, (some) fades and designed passes to the flat. Typically, that combination you posted isn't even possible but, like the old adage goes, you can't coach speed. It's a big part of why what Miami and Tua are doing are so interesting. I've genuinely never seen anything quite like it.

Maybe Marino to Duper/Clayton/Moore back in 1984-85

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Seconded.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/ThePhillyPod/status/1709216447996522979

imagine if *this* is why the play gets banned

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

lmao ban this cheating play!!!! IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP VERY UNFAIR

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/status/1709575744660115580?t=_ lol

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Third. Motion carries.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can't say that

https://twitter.com/DarrylSlater/status/1709662335344808288

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Love the casual classism he throws in. Great pick Jim, well done.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You can’t call yourself a lion when not only are you losing but losing badly

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm sure this will slide under the radar with so much going on with the Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Rangers, Islanders-- wait hold on I'm getting word in my ear

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The way to solve the Tush Push "problem", assuming there is one, is to put the Eagles in third and 3. It's not a loving Madden glitch/money play. It's a goddamn bulldozing offensive line carving out a yard for a freakishly athletic QB that no one else in the league can replicate. I can see why it's annoying for other teams but so is trying to chase down Lamar Jackson or attempting to cover Travis Kelce, Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill. Let's outlaw Justin Tucker kicking 55+ yard FG's on the regular since no one else can do it and it's not fair.

We saw last year (and around the league this year) that this poo poo doesn't work with someone like Gardner Minshew running it. All you'd be doing by eliminating it is handcuffing Jalen and taking away something he's uniquely good at.

It'd be like when the NCAA eliminated the slam dunk because guys like Wilt and Kareem were owning motherfuckers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can’t call yourself a lion when not only are you losing but losing badly

I dunno, that describes most of the history of the Lions pretty well

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao that didn't take long

https://twitter.com/TMKSESPN/status/1709676438935216186?s=20

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Neal is actually not the worst OL on the team this year and is pretty league average

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

NattyBo posted:

As a Washington fan, 2 things:

1) hahahahaha
2) get a grip, Giants fans. You have 2 super bowls in recent memory. Let’s talk when you go 17 years and counting without a playoff win.

Hey I remember the last super bowl we won because my mom still has a six pack of those coke cans... from when I was six.

I also fondly remember waiting three hours for pizza almost every Monday at Domino's in 99.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 5, 2023

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

This guy takes my it's okay to boo Andrew Luck to levels that I'm not capable of

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Motherfucker did you just quote Tywin loving Lannister as though his opinions are meant to be justifiable?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

Motherfucker did you just quote Tywin loving Lannister as though his opinions are meant to be justifiable?

I think this means hes gonna die on the toilet.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
aren't we all

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It worked for Elvis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/16zqbxo/highlight_dan_orlovsky_claims_only_411_sacks/