Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

MakaVillian posted:

Show me a sexier F1 car than a McLaren MP4 with the Marlboro livery. You cannot

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I know practically nothing about Formula One racing, but even I know this is a downright erotic livery.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Gonz posted:

I know practically nothing about Formula One racing, but even I know this is a downright erotic livery.

That's the car that Mario Andreetti drove in 1979 - a Lotus Cosworth. Still the most bad rear end livery in the +40 years since that car was on a track.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What loving thread is this?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What loving thread is this?

The one where we discuss the :schotty:

Cars :schotty:, therefore talk of speeding cars is valid. :q:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Instead of calling it livery, just say “car uniform,” and no one will know it’s not about football.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/KevG163/status/1738286927747383524

I don't know what's more 80s about this -- the shoulder pads, or the concrete Astroturf, or the giant MARLBORO billboard.

Also shout-out to fullbacks wearing a 40s number. God's football.

Jim Plunkett with a two-bar face mask in TYOOL 1984

trilljester posted:

This was my childhood growing up. I also remember when F1 cars had cigarette sponsors. Yeah, I'm old.

I remember when they couldn’t run the tobacco ads in some countries, which is how I learned what cigarette brands were in other countries.

Also, the bright gently caress-off yellow Camel color scheme is underrated. Rothmans Williams was a decent look too but better on the Group C Porsches. The West McLarens ushered in Ron Dennis’ anodyne sterile corporate look, while the Benson & Hedges Jordans had fun with the look and were also bright yellow.

algebra testes posted:

Sure as gently caress isn't any passing in Modern F1

:vince:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

F1? No thanks, I'll take the bus :smuggo:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I prefer NASCAR because I'm always left thinking that I'm going in the right direction

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

The one where we discuss the :schotty:

Cars :schotty:, therefore talk of speeding cars is valid. :q:

They also pass so :shrug:.

i know the joke was made on the previous page

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 23, 2023

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Forrest on Fire posted:

F1? No thanks, I'll take the bus :smuggo:

Did you have fire in your gut? Did you?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

algebra testes posted:

Sure as gently caress isn't any passing in Modern F1

Could you speak more to this? I get, from context, the joke. But I don’t watch F1 so I’d love to learn more.

Is it basically just that the order they start the race in is the order the race finishes in?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I'm not a huge F1 expert but passing has become difficult due to a combination of the size and aerodynamics of the modern cars. One team and driver in particular (Red Bull and Max Verstappen) are nearly unbeatable.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
NFC West really did unite for one night

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/kyle-shanahan-seahawks-eagles/1684167/

quote:

"That was awesome because we had an eight-day week ... So that was the first time I was home by halftime and got to sit and watch the game with my family," Shanahan told KNBR. "It was probably one of the most exciting games I've been able to watch because it did pertain to us a little bit, with what everyone was looking for, and I didn't have to do work at the time so I got to sit down and enjoy it.

'However, I didn't enjoy it very much because I was so frustrated, because it didn't look like Seattle was going to win. So I was starting to check out a little but, and then all of a sudden that last drive it was like, 'How the hell did that just happen?' And my wife was cheering and we were pretty excited."'

Full interview with Shanahan, if you're interested: https://omny.fm/shows/the-shanahan-and-lynch-show/12-22-kyle-shanahan-joins-kerry-crowley-john-dicki

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
The best thing about concrete astroturf is you could spike the ball into the stratosphere after a touchdown. The most pure form of TD celebration.

I remember that team well because it was my first sports heartbreak. I didn't really understand the game but my dad was excited and I could sense the Seahawks had a legit chance to win it all that year. We went on to lose on a heartbreaking instant replay that took away an interception in I believe the AFC championship against the Oilers. My hatred of the refs and Seattle sports persecution complex was born that day. I don't actually know today if the int should have stood or not.

Edit: my memories are all scrambled and the Oilers game I am thinking of was in 1988 and it was not the championship. I was really young in 84 so it makes sense I couldn't have cared that much at that time, heh.

DancingMachine fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 23, 2023

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

My first MLB game was at the Kingdome. Griffey hit two dingers, Mariners lost.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

The authentic mariners experience

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Mine as well, I think it was while McGwire was still with the A’s because he hit a dinger over that scoreboard in right field during BP, which happened to be where I was standing at the time.

MakaVillian posted:

I'm not a huge F1 expert but passing has become difficult due to a combination of the size and aerodynamics of the modern cars. One team and driver in particular (Red Bull and Max Verstappen) are nearly unbeatable.

F1 has rarely been as pass-happy or focused as say NASCAR, partially because of road courses, partially because the cars are so divergent in ability; that’s been the way forever. There is actual good battling, it’s just happening for like 5th place or lower and sometimes doesn’t make the broadcast.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Papercut posted:

The authentic mariners experience

Last game I went to I was an authentic Mariners experience because prime Felix was pitching against the Yankees and lost because the offense only managed 1 run

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Mustached Demon posted:

They also pass so :shrug:.

i know the joke was made on the previous page

I somehow missed that joke, so I had to go back to read it. So, thank you, Internet football fan person.

And the joke was on point.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Could you speak more to this? I get, from context, the joke. But I don’t watch F1 so I’d love to learn more.

Is it basically just that the order they start the race in is the order the race finishes in?

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-there-hardly-any-passing-in-modern-Formula-1 I was curious too and looked it up, this guy gives the best answer I found

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
never in doubt lmao

:hawksin:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Now this is some Seahawks football.
:hawksin:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
This team is bullshitting its way to a Wild Card blowout loss, but who gives a gently caress :hawksin:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought that game could get ugly since the Titans love dragging teams down to their level. For a 10 AM road game, you just get the W however you can.

And now they control their destiny for the Wild Card. All going as planned. :toot:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
lol this is last season all over again and I’ll have it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MikeBarwin/status/1739039447633866798?t=eE4GPefU39shifSpfs3beA&s=19

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Seattle Football Seahawks.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Manoueverable posted:

This team is bullshitting its way to a Wild Card blowout loss, but who gives a gently caress :hawksin:

Hell yeah, winning games is more fun than losing them and playing in January is good.

Cat Hassler posted:

lol this is last season all over again and I’ll have it

If you had told me at the beginning of the season that Seattle would end up with somewhere around 9 wins I would have said "yeah probably".

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

DeimosRising posted:

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-there-hardly-any-passing-in-modern-Formula-1 I was curious too and looked it up, this guy gives the best answer I found

This was an insightful explanation, thank you for sharing.

Also makes F1 seem lame as gently caress.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
1 49ers victory

+

1 Eagles loss or 1 49ers victory

=

49ers #1 seed.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

amen

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Also makes F1 seem lame as gently caress.

F1 is a political soap opera with extremely cool engineering, and sometimes an interesting race happens (often because of unscheduled rain)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That is very correct. Also inhumanly skilled drivers. This season was actually pretty fun if you just ignored Verstappen.

Anyone that is interested in F1, I would honestly suggest watching Drive to Survive on Netflix. It is probably the best place to start if you want to understand the sport and decide if you want to follow and watch live.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 25, 2023

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DancingMachine posted:

Hell yeah, winning games is more fun than losing them and playing in January is good.

If you had told me at the beginning of the season that Seattle would end up with somewhere around 9 wins I would have said "yeah probably".

In fact...

DancingMachine posted:

I will be pretty surprised if they end up anywhere outside 8 or 9 wins, yeah.
If somehow everyone gets healthy at the same time and stays that way after the bye, they could go higher. But I guess that is true of every NFL team.

How about that.

E. The OP has Seattle's win o/u at 8.5 so that's a petty reasonable take for September anyway.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Leperflesh posted:

In fact...

How about that.

E. The OP has Seattle's win o/u at 8.5 so that's a petty reasonable take for September anyway.

Haha nice. Given that we have the Steelers and Cardinals remaining 10 wins is a realistic possibility at this point, but not too far off whatever happens.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When you eat bird 4 weeks in a row and someone serves it to you week 5 you eat that, too.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

On Running to the House, they saw the Playcard with his offensive coordinator, and they bowed down and worshiped The Run. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of blocking receivers, churning legs, and ball security.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Leperflesh posted:

In fact...

How about that.

Seems like most of the NFC West thread recognized that Seattle would be around 9 wins and make the playoffs and then lose in the wildcard.

It was mainly Twitter and Reddit where I saw takes of “Seattle is making a deep playoff run!!!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lifespan posted:

That is very correct. Also inhumanly skilled drivers. This season was actually pretty fun if you just ignored Verstappen.

Anyone that is interested in F1, I would honestly suggest watching Drive to Survive on Netflix. It is probably the best place to start if you want to understand the sport and decide if you want to follow and watch live.

If he’s so good at racing his name should not be Verstappen it should be Vergoing