Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Oxyclean posted:

Hm, it feels like once you get access to bees, putting those in a pasture might be an easy way to manage food? Doesn't expire, and restores sanity without any processing step, could let you cut out watering and planting out of your base unless you need to make cakes I guess? The bees do have other things they can do so they might get distracted though.

Don't think they produce in the quantity needed, you would need more bees than you do watering/planter pals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
It would be neat if you could assign pals as couriers to deliver items between boxes, so you could make bases 100% dedicated to certain resources without worrying about food, and without having to manually carry everything yourself

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Oxyclean posted:

Hm, it feels like once you get access to bees, putting those in a pasture might be an easy way to manage food? Doesn't expire, and restores sanity without any processing step, could let you cut out watering and planting out of your base unless you need to make cakes I guess? The bees do have other things they can do so they might get distracted though.

yet another game where bees are OP

sick of this poo poo!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Pigbuster posted:

It would be neat if you could assign pals as couriers to deliver items between boxes, so you could make bases 100% dedicated to certain resources without worrying about food, and without having to manually carry everything yourself

What if you could take on courier missions with your pals though. What if Palworld incorporated Strand-Type Gameplay?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
more like Strand-Your-Ground-Type Gameplay

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I managed to kludge my base (thanks to some syndicate captures) into a sense of order where most of the pals are doing something useful when they're not getting sick/injured/lazy. Raids have been turned off after the third way-over-base-pals level raid that ripped through everything. Capture rate maxed, though the slider only lets you go to 2x, so I can finally get like 30% on near-dead ~30-35 pals with giga balls. Some day I'll have the oil to finally make a gun and then the world will be sorry.

I think most of any complaints I have could be firmly answered with the Early Access identifier. It has got this weird feeling of constantly being behind the times so that every new upgrade is more about barely holding on and most of the pal-specific tech sounds like something that'd be cool but is long outdated by the time I might be able to use it. There's also (after googling) the normal videogame weird thing where they lock traversal speed around being late enough in the game that you're already done. It's got a lot of rough ideas that could be really cool if polished.

pentyne posted:

There's a massive dual coal/ore nodes at 190 -40 on a plateau you can wall off so none of the pals walk off and die.

I hit the 9999 ore max in a couple of hours.

Thanking you.

Tarezax posted:

Hold on, has anyone tested if Vixy drops depend on the ground item spawns the ranch is in? Because in higher level zones 2nd tier pal balls and stuff like handgun ammo can spawn.

Wish I was high enough level to test this out because shoving a bunch of Vixies and farms up on a high-level cliff area somewhere to produce assault rifle ammo and max tier spheres would be both funny and good.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Tarezax posted:

Hold on, has anyone tested if Vixy drops depend on the ground item spawns the ranch is in? Because in higher level zones 2nd tier pal balls and stuff like handgun ammo can spawn.

Currently at work but will be testing this after my shift since I'm futzing around on where to stick my third base. Preliminary reddit research suggests they still just dig up basic spheres/arrows however.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Mailer posted:

Some day I'll have the oil to finally make a gun and then the world will be sorry.

Yeahhhhhh. I've got some bad news for you.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder if the space for your base is a sphere or a cylinder. I was building my room today on the third floor of my house, the first two floors being 3 walls high. They can path to the second floor if they need to, but never seem to wander up there themselves. Doesn't help all the giant beds probably make it impossible to pathfind, most don't sleep in their beds at all, just wherever they lay when working. But aren't complaining? Other nights they all show up in bed just fine, idgi.

In any case, either the third floor is too high or too close to the edge because only one devilgoat can make it up to my bed to build it... Except he just gets confused in an idea loop. Then I started building it myself like a clown, and he finally jumped in, so I dragged someone else up there and he got confused too, plus the other guy stopped working. So I started building myself again, and then 4 builders got assigned to it and some managed to build through the floor below.

I suppose it might also just be so distant it's not in their auto work radius. Anyway, not a big deal but probably not third floor factory action if you've got stuff on ground floor outside or further away.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Khanstant posted:

I wonder if the space for your base is a sphere or a cylinder. I was building my room today on the third floor of my house, the first two floors being 3 walls high. They can path to the second floor if they need to, but never seem to wander up there themselves. Doesn't help all the giant beds probably make it impossible to pathfind, most don't sleep in their beds at all, just wherever they lay when working. But aren't complaining? Other nights they all show up in bed just fine, idgi.

In any case, either the third floor is too high or too close to the edge because only one devilgoat can make it up to my bed to build it... Except he just gets confused in an idea loop. Then I started building it myself like a clown, and he finally jumped in, so I dragged someone else up there and he got confused too, plus the other guy stopped working. So I started building myself again, and then 4 builders got assigned to it and some managed to build through the floor below.

I suppose it might also just be so distant it's not in their auto work radius. Anyway, not a big deal but probably not third floor factory action if you've got stuff on ground floor outside or further away.

a goon checked, it's a sphere

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

2MB posted:

Currently at work but will be testing this after my shift since I'm futzing around on where to stick my third base. Preliminary reddit research suggests they still just dig up basic spheres/arrows however.

Managed to get some downtime to check while at work. Unfortunately it seems to still drop basic spheres/arrows even in Volcano region. Could be tested further in the mountain top and desert areas but I think it's safe to say Vixy is not the solution to high end ammo/spheres.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Rinkles posted:

Vaelet. Same text as Katress except for Ground pals.

Having just tried a bunch of earth types for oil.
Specifically the Dummuds and Digtoises on the beach, I consistently get the same amount without Vaelet, but with it I sometimes get 1 more, but sometimes not.
I tend to get the same amounts when farming with Katress, but this is definitely off.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wonder if the increased drop skills drop even more if you were to rank up a pal with the condensation machine

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

2MB posted:

Managed to get some downtime to check while at work. Unfortunately it seems to still drop basic spheres/arrows even in Volcano region. Could be tested further in the mountain top and desert areas but I think it's safe to say Vixy is not the solution to high end ammo/spheres.

I made a base near the spawn right next to the bottom of the waterfall, and one time Vixy dug up a single green sphere that got dropped off in the chest along with like 50 blue ones, so I think it might just be very rare.

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021
A bunch of syndicate wieners rushed my base and got disintegrated by Noodle the Chillet, after which I found a hand embedded in the ground:

I wasn't fast enough to record it before it despawned, but it was rotating very slowly like a Hot Pocket on a microwave turntable.

Anyone else having slowdown/fps issues after doing a bunch of dungeons? I know there's a known memory leak somewhere, but doing dungeons seems to accelerate the rate at which it starts to have problems. I can easily go hours without trouble just sticking to base, but dungeon diving drops that to less than an hour.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I'm growing tempted to put this down for a couple updates until they sort some poo poo out. Getting really tired of having to micromanage a bunch of injuries and incapacitated workers every single god drat time I leave my base to do anything

waking a pal back up should take ten seconds, not ten minutes, christ

e

Yesterdays Latte posted:

Anyone else having slowdown/fps issues after doing a bunch of dungeons? I know there's a known memory leak somewhere, but doing dungeons seems to accelerate the rate at which it starts to have problems. I can easily go hours without trouble just sticking to base, but dungeon diving drops that to less than an hour.

this is a major issue for me, too. I'll load up my save, be in my base, and play just fine, but once I go anywhere else things go downhill.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Javid posted:

I'm growing tempted to put this down for a couple updates until they sort some poo poo out. Getting really tired of having to micromanage a bunch of injuries and incapacitated workers every single god drat time I leave my base to do anything

waking a pal back up should take ten seconds, not ten minutes, christ

e

this is a major issue for me, too. I'll load up my save, be in my base, and play just fine, but once I go anywhere else things go downhill.

Pull them back out of the box immediately, they'll flop over unconscious next to the pal box. Your other pals will drag them to a bed to recover and they'll be back up in like a minute.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
I'm v happy that I found not one but TWO different goats in the game so far.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I think the game needs more wood and stone sinks at higher tiers, to keep them relevant as resources. Maybe have refined versions of them that are used instead of basic versions for higher tier crafts and better-looking constructions (honestly the real reason behind this thought)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
So pals mounts get faster if you level up their star level with condenser, and if so, do they all top out at a max? I got a cool lucky Maraith and I like it as a mount but it feels sluggish compared to Rayhound. Hoping some pets aren't just forever slower than others just because it's hard to go back to a slower one.

I should maybe time them too because Lucky Maraith being larger might seem slower?

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Can't recommend pal condensing enough.

Rank 1-2 is only 1+4 pals total, and it seems to effect every partner skill

Nitewing is significantly faster on level 2

Chikipi produces 1 egg per level (so 2 at level 2!)
This seems to track with every ranchable Pal

I have two rank three chikipis I bred with Artisan and other work buffs for about 150 work speed and I'm drowning in eggs!

LeisureSuit Canary
Dec 27, 2012

Do ranked up guys still only count as 1 for condensing into someone else? I'm wondering if I'd be starting from scratch if I condense someone and then get a better one down the line.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

LeisureSuit Canary posted:

Do ranked up guys still only count as 1 for condensing into someone else? I'm wondering if I'd be starting from scratch if I condense someone and then get a better one down the line.

I tested this and they do, stupid I know.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tarezax posted:

I think the game needs more wood and stone sinks at higher tiers, to keep them relevant as resources. Maybe have refined versions of them that are used instead of basic versions for higher tier crafts and better-looking constructions (honestly the real reason behind this thought)

They do. Stone turns to paldium which is used for the highest rank metal alloy recipe.

Wood turns to charcoal, useful itself, then charcoal can be turned into carbon fiber.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

pentyne posted:

They do. Stone turns to paldium which is used for the highest rank metal alloy recipe.

Wood turns to charcoal, useful itself, then charcoal can be turned into carbon fiber.

Yeah everytime someone mentioned mining paldium I wanted to post CRUSH ROCKS but also got distracted by other poo poo in the thread

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Just go in a dungeon and throw a digtoise at the giant paldium rocks, it's even faster than crushing it! And sometimes those dungeons have like 8 large paldium rocks in them.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
8 large paldium rocks is like 400ish paldium. You're much better off just running a stone mine or two and periodically throwing a couple thousand stone into the crusher to keep topped up before you run out.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Yeah it's definitely an apples to oranges scenario. One stone pit and a tombat and it's off to the races. I'm not waiting for anything, I'm exploring and coming back to another 1k stone and 100 paldium

Two stones pits sounds crazy. Is that a limiting factor in multiplayer, trying to support multiple players off one base?

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
-209,250 has 9 crystal and 1 ore if you're trying to avoid cave diving for crystal.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Shuka posted:

Yeah it's definitely an apples to oranges scenario. One stone pit and a tombat and it's off to the races. I'm not waiting for anything, I'm exploring and coming back to another 1k stone and 100 paldium

Two stones pits sounds crazy. Is that a limiting factor in multiplayer, trying to support multiple players off one base?

One of the big flaws of multiplayer is that playing in a guild with multiple people doesn't increase your base capacity in any way while increasing resource requirements enormously. Having to supply multiple people with an endless supply of incredibly expensive pokeballs is incredibly resource-intensive and it's really easy to have a couple players go through to top up on hyper/legendary spheres and see a seemingly insane resource pile puff into nothing.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 27, 2024

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pigbuster posted:

That's what the Transporting work type is. Get yourself something that doesn't have many other work types, like these fellas:

Place the desired containers next to your resource generators and the problem is handled.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Heck yeah!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

pentyne posted:

There's a massive dual coal/ore nodes at 190 -40 on a plateau you can wall off so none of the pals walk off and die.

I hit the 9999 ore max in a couple of hours.

Yea dunno what I'm doing wrong; this is actually where I initially set up my first Second Base. It is a fine supply of Iron, though sure as hell not getting it as fast as you describe 🤨
But my real problem is the Coal. It doesn't seem to respawn fast enough, and I just destroyed all the foundations I placed so I'm definitely not blocking any spawn points and all I ever get are just 2 nodes that seem to be a lower priority than the Ore for my Mining Pals.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Coal is either mining 3 or bugged because my Pals at that base ignore it as well. Fair enough I guess because I dont need it for anything and I can just do it myself easy enough. Maybe once I get to coal tier I'll find coal miners

I even throw a pal onto it and it says X pal is assigned to coal, then they just immediately gently caress off :shrug:

No clue if it respawns in slower tho

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
What are peoples opinions on flame skills? I’ve got a ritzed out Flamehowl Noct and figuring out what skills to load him up with. I can’t resist Dark Laser but I definitely want two fire skills given that I bred Flame Emperor onto him.

Curious if there’s any stronger than they look bread and butter type fire skills I might not be aware of.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Generally I've struggled with having my pals do any sort of good damage. So far I think my best is Vanwyrm who has fire skills, but I have no idea what kind of skills I should be putting on them. From ground attackers I've been using Katriss who seems alright? But earlier someone said that my role is just to throw balls while my pal does damage, but so far both of us have bad damage, this around level 40 or so pals, on higher-level or on-level encounters. I did experiment a bit with sliders more in my favour, so let's see how much that helps.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
At level 39 I finally got a gun. Thankfully cranked drop rates and wanting to farm all the Digtoises forever has led to a fair amount of oil... just in time to not really need it because now it's all about polymer and the new ingots. At least I've got some good lv2 handicraft now so when they don't decide to spawn in midair and stand there until they starve stuff actually gets done.

Given the maximum of three bases and a cursory glance at what's needed it's looking weird. You appear to need ore, coal, sulfur, and crystal (which I assume is a respawning node like coal) in infinite amounts. You also need stone. Given the bad AI and how stone pits are infinite that would mean you'd consume one base for the stone and the other two would need an exclusive double combo. I guess there's also a hypothetical where you get a triple combo and then have a free base slot for whatever but that doesn't seem to be how they placed the deposits.

How are people at high levels managing to handle needing four mined resources in addition to stone?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TeaJay posted:

Generally I've struggled with having my pals do any sort of good damage. So far I think my best is Vanwyrm who has fire skills, but I have no idea what kind of skills I should be putting on them. From ground attackers I've been using Katriss who seems alright? But earlier someone said that my role is just to throw balls while my pal does damage, but so far both of us have bad damage, this around level 40 or so pals, on higher-level or on-level encounters. I did experiment a bit with sliders more in my favour, so let's see how much that helps.

Sounds like you’re either using bad skills, not condensing, not using pal souls, or all three. Seriously do not neglect the condenser and pal souls. Vanwyrm for example I regularly fought things ten levels higher than me with by just using Dark Laser, Nightmare Ball, and Ignis Blast. I was sneaking into Pal Santuary 3 in the mid 30s and catching stuff. Spirit trees are a great source of skills.

The player character absolutely is not there “just to throw balls”. Do some mid range dungeons to get good weapon and armor recipes.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Sounds like you’re either using bad skills, not condensing, not using pal souls, or all three. Seriously do not neglect the condenser and pal souls. Vanwyrm for example I regularly fought things ten levels higher than me with by just using Dark Laser, Nightmare Ball, and Ignis Blast. I was sneaking into Pal Santuary 3 in the mid 30s and catching stuff. Spirit trees are a great source of skills.

The player character absolutely is not there “just to throw balls”. Do some mid range dungeons to get good weapon and armor recipes.

What does Condensing do other than increasing their Partner Skill level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Mailer posted:

How are people at high levels managing to handle needing four mined resources in addition to stone?

Ore and Coal are really the only two you need tons of, and stone can easily be farmed in the thousands just by having a quarry or two in your bases.
For Sulphur and Quartz, you never really need that much. Sulphur can be found in huge amounts around the volcano, and quartz on the northern snowy island. A single 5 minute trip to mine some manually can probably last you for 10+ hours.

Sab669 posted:

What does Condensing do other than increasing their Partner Skill level?

It also increases their stats by around 5%, I would say?