Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm using the purple deer as the mount and found out if you use ANTLER UPPERCUT to charge off a cliff, you won't take fall damage no matter how high the drop is. Even better, if you keep falling even after the uppercut animation, you still carry all the momentum forward and then you can use the deer's doublejump to continue carrying your momentum in the air, and it still doesn't give you fall damage as you cover 500 meters in one swoop. Try this on mount obsidian!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
do you take fall damage with any mount? I used to always use eikthyrdeer and fenglope's second jump near the ground to not take fall damage until I hit the ground at max speed and nothing happened

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It's going to be fixed eventually, just like flying pals not draining stamina when crossing water, but no, mounted/flying pals do not take falling damage currently when you're mounted on them.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

What are the best passives for a flying mount? I have a Nitewing with Runner and Swift, what else should I get?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

The French Army posted:

What are the best passives for a flying mount? I have a Nitewing with Runner and Swift, what else should I get?

Those are the only speed ones you can get (barring Legend), so Musclehead and Ferocious

e: oh yeah there's Nimble too I suppose

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 6, 2024

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

sushibandit posted:

It's going to be fixed eventually, just like flying pals not draining stamina when crossing water, but no, mounted/flying pals do not take falling damage currently when you're mounted on them.

are those confirmed bugs, though?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The French Army posted:

There's also nimble

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

padijun posted:

Dunno about confirmed but there sure as poo poo no reason to ever take a swimming pal over a flying one.

So either way, it's bad design.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Noticed that a bunch of members of Hololive, one of those Vtuber groups on youtube, have been playing this apparently almost non-stop since release.
Wouldn't be surprised if that's at least one reason for the explosion in sales.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Broken Cog posted:

Noticed that a bunch of members of Hololive, one of those Vtuber groups on youtube, have been playing this apparently almost non-stop since release.

Welp now I know why a friend has been playing because this did not seem like his type of game at all.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

They're all gonna catch Frostallion with 1% chances at this rate.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Things I want
Paltowns. They are clearly intelligent and can use tools. the ones with crafting at least.
Palympics. contests for each activity, plus air, land, sea races. a battle royale against a horde of chuff pals. can you win against 100 chikipis in under x time?
a quest system pointing you at points of interest like skill fruit trees and dungeons. tied to pal or human quest givers.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

Those are the only speed ones you can get (barring Legend), so Musclehead and Ferocious

e: oh yeah there's Nimble too I suppose

Those are good, but I would go for Burly Body. Hitting hard is great, and Musclehead gives a huge boost to attack, but I wouldn't want to leave my transport Pal out where it can get shredded. I've had my flying Pal eat poo poo while I was out in the boonies and nowhere near a fast travel point, and it sucks. Making it tougher gives you enough time to go "oh poo poo" and throw out something a little more expendable.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Inzombiac posted:

Dunno about confirmed but there sure as poo poo no reason to ever take a swimming pal over a flying one.

So either way, it's bad design.

that doesn't have anything to do with ground mounts not taking fall damage

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

padijun posted:

Something doesn't have to be a bug to get "fixed". Suboptimal or unintended-but-technically-not-broken functionality also gets fixed regularly.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Having played a fair number of early access games, there's a whole lot of "oh they'll patch that jank out soon" and "obviously a bug that'll be fixed promptly" going on with this game (not just in this thread), and that is far from justified thus far.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

PittTheElder posted:

Having played a fair number of early access games, there's a whole lot of "oh they'll patch that jank out soon" and "obviously a bug that'll be fixed promptly" going on with this game (not just in this thread), and that is far from justified thus far.

Pocketpair has a pretty decent track record and their last update on their previous game (Craftopia) came out like two weeks ago. I think people are pretty safe in assuming stuff will get patched in this game.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

sushibandit posted:

Something doesn't have to be a bug to get "fixed". Suboptimal or unintended-but-technically-not-broken functionality also gets fixed regularly.

can you explain why ground mounts not taking fall damage is detrimental? if they took it out I'd either get a mod or quit the game, because flying over the landscape on a blue cloud deer is one of the best parts

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

padijun posted:

that doesn't have anything to do with ground mounts not taking fall damage

Yeah but it does have to do with the first part of their post, smartass ;)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
deer don't fly

you are looking for a bird

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Third World Reagan posted:

deer don't fly

Have you tried a swift runner double-jumping fenglope? It’s not flying but it sure feels like it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Third World Reagan posted:

deer don't fly

Oh yeah? Then how does Santa's sleigh fly smart guy?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah but it does have to do with the first part of their post, smartass ;)

you're right, I shouldn't have engaged with something welded on that lazily

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Spanish Matlock posted:

Pocketpair has a pretty decent track record and their last update on their previous game (Craftopia) came out like two weeks ago. I think people are pretty safe in assuming stuff will get patched in this game.

I read that post more as a comment on things like mounts avoiding fall damage or hovering over water being unintended features.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Firearms Expert Reacts To PALWORLD's Guns because this game have a dev who is obsessed with gun reload animation.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

pentyne posted:

they need pvp zones, where you can choose to flag yourself for pvp or not, and bring in some kind of battle arenas where people can wager materials on just pal v pal combat.

I think it'd be fun if one of the things you could do was build your own tower where other players (Or NPCs if no one else is around for long enough) can challenge you as if you were one of those gym leader dudes.

sushibandit posted:

Fixing those "bugs" seem actively detrimental to the game. Fall damage sucks and water mounts are lame, I hope they never add underwater combat.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

AHAHAHA mentioning underwater combat just unlocked ancient memories of Monster Hunter Tri and its incredibly jank underwater fights that they tried to make a big focus of the game, man it'd be absolutely rear end if they tried to add water combat to palworld but I'd definitely laugh my rear end off.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

They've got MORE than enough work above the water to do before considering some underwater friends poo poo.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Nuebot posted:

I think it'd be fun if one of the things you could do was build your own tower where other players (Or NPCs if no one else is around for long enough) can challenge you as if you were

cute idea i like that

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

others have echoed the sentiment, this game having supply lines manned by your mons and guards to allow total resource use between bases would be very cool. id like to see the merchants and other npcs wander with caravans and beefed up security as well. has anyone ran into mercs yet? i found some standing statue getting shot by a local gang and captured them. they still thank me for the rescue before getting back to work slaving away at my belts

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I went into Best Buy today and every monitor/PC had a Palworld screensaver running lol

Mightve just been a Gamepass advert or something but it was funny seeing like 30 monitors in the department running Palworld videos, seems kinda big!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
so there's just straight up no way to remove someone's palbox, even as a server admin huh? I tried loving with the game in single player, didn't help either.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1623730/view/4013339239712681243?l=english

Today's update claims to fix the capture rate bug!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Palworld posted:

・Fixed an issue where if a Pal that was manually assigned to a breeding farm went to sleep, it would not wake up forever.

Thank christ for that. I'd have double the eggs if I didn't have to camp the base to yoink pals back into the box then chase them around mashing V.

Palworld posted:

・Implemented countermeasures against some cheats and exploits.

If they remove my black marketeer killbox this will officially be a 0/10 do not recommend.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

AHAHAHA mentioning underwater combat just unlocked ancient memories of Monster Hunter Tri and its incredibly jank underwater fights that they tried to make a big focus of the game, man it'd be absolutely rear end if they tried to add water combat to palworld but I'd definitely laugh my rear end off.

What if you go UNDER the water? Literally.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

This is it. This is the day I'm gonna cap a Frostallion. I've got maxed defense, I've got a small army of killer Blazamuts I've been breeding and leveling. They're flanked by two 50 Suzakus and a 50 Ragnahawk. I've got 350 legendary spheres so who cares about a 10% chance. I'm gonna bring the pain on this stupid horse.

They all died doing zero damage because there was a rock there and they really loving wanted to mine. :regd09:

Still got her, though. Just took a real team effort, by which I mean I can throw a surprisingly large number of 45-47 team members at the problem.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Thumbtacks posted:

so there's just straight up no way to remove someone's palbox, even as a server admin huh? I tried loving with the game in single player, didn't help either.

yeah im wondering this myself. i wouldnt mind being able to delete other people's buildings (not necessarily just the palbox, but like, glitching stuff) the same way you can deconstruct your own buildings, so long as you toggle on some admin mode thing

im googling and it seems nobody really has an answer yet, i thought you could delete the player save file in a pinch but someone posted that it doesnt actually delete their buildings, so.. welp

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm not sure if anyone's noticing a significant difference in catch rate, but the 1.4.1 patch allegedly fixing the lifmunk statue buff hasn't done anything to help the problem where my dude as a level 42 is getting abysmal capture odds on stuff from lv.30 up with the highest level sphere I can make.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

sushibandit posted:

I don't think it'll change. "Crossing water" is essentially just being on the ground and you can still drain your stamina by sprinting. If they made it so you forcibly dismounted once out of stamina, a) that would be super annoying just to make things worse and b) you would end up in the water without stamina to swim to shore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i didnt notice a difference after leveling up my effigies twice. my god, the patch needs a patch