Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BCC Vs EKFTR 31 52.54%
Orange vs Wayne 11 18.64%
Skye vs Stat 14 23.73%
Jericho vs Atlantis Jr. 3 5.08%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
God I'm so mad I moved out of Greensboro a few years ago. I used to work for the city and get free tix to the coliseum all the time.

Edit-- when did Wardlow get good at promos? He absolutely killed it at Collision.

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Count Thrashula posted:

Edit-- when did Wardlow get good at promos? He absolutely killed it at Collision.

Honestly, his promo felt like he watched a lot of WCW Scott Steiner over the weekend, and it's working for him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

at this point im calling it - Sting is having the best retirement of any wrestler ever. Just this outpouring of love and support for a guy who by all accounts is just a great human being. I will always be a lil stinger

It will be hard to top Kobashi for me but it sure could.

Also Kevin Kelly had a meltdown today blaming Ian for being demoted, oblivious to the fact that he sucks.

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/1764047461360783495

He had been threatening to sue an unnamed individual for libel who was pretty clearly Ian so now he's being more open about it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Judge listening to the booth and having to legally declare that Collisions with Ian are superior.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kevin Kelly has constant "mad while at Disneyland" energy. Always miserable and grumpy while living a charmed life.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seeing as he has been an unentertaining sulky butthole all collision long(tonight at least), maybe they should tell Kevin Kelly to pound sand

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It’s such a bummer where Orange and Switchblade were compared to where they are now. Main event level guys can just have main event quality feuds. You don’t need to do this.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DeepDickPizza posted:

It’s such a bummer where Orange and Switchblade were compared to where they are now. Main event level guys can just have main event quality feuds. You don’t need to do this.

PPV cycle ends tomorrow, new stuff will kick off on Wednesday (although pacing wise this Acclaimed/BCG will probably resolve no sooner than Big Business).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Orange is feuding with the best wrestler on Earth, he needs to do this.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Orange is feuding with the best wrestler on Earth, he needs to do this.

did erick stevens mix it up with orange at all during his comeback a few years ago?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

did erick stevens mix it up with orange at all during his comeback a few years ago?

He actually beat him for the IWTV title.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I don't want Orange Cassidy to lose the belt to Roderick Strong. As good as it would be for the Undisputed Kingdom to get their hands on some more gold, I love the idea of Trent Barretta making the save when Matt Taven and Mike Bennett try to help Roddy.

Then, as soon as O.C. gets the win. The Undisputed Kingdom starts absolutely wailing on O.C. and Trent Barretta turns and walks away. On Dynamite, the show starts with Trent in the ring, mic in hand, and says that since O.C. has an open challenge policy, Trent thinks it should be his turn.

O.C. comes down, obviously in no condition for a match. O.C. accepts, and just gets dismantled in between some hope spots. Trent wins the belt, and O.C. is so distraught that he starts to revert back to his old self. He still wins, but nowhere near as much as he did in 2022 and 2023. This goes on for a 3 or so months.

Kris Statlander meets O.C. in the back while he's being interviewed, and she points to him, then to herself and just says two words: "Tag champs?" She gets the lazy fist bump, and I'd have them win the straps at Winter Is Coming.

But if Roddy wins, that's fine too.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Pretaped Collision any good?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Pretaped Collision any good?

Really liked the first 45 minutes, the rest of it wasn't as good except for the main event.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm watching now and I think this is the most important part so far

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Time_pants posted:

Kris Statlander meets O.C. in the back while he's being interviewed, and she points to him, then to herself and just says two words: "Tag champs?" She gets the lazy fist bump, and I'd have them win the straps at Winter Is Coming.
OC's trembling fist just barely rising from the stretcher where Doc Sampson is frantically working on him

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

My Lovely Horse posted:

OC's trembling fist just barely rising from the stretcher where Doc Sampson is frantically working on him

Perfec'.

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend

MassRafTer posted:

It will be hard to top Kobashi for me but it sure could.

Also Kevin Kelly had a meltdown today blaming Ian for being demoted, oblivious to the fact that he sucks.

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/1764047461360783495

He had been threatening to sue an unnamed individual for libel who was pretty clearly Ian so now he's being more open about it.

How did Ian libel him?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hunter Leopardson posted:

How did Ian libel him?

Said some stuff on a Discord about Kevin posting QAnon stuff. https://x.com/Dazelel/status/1697333111510487505?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ian rules, Kevin sucks.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ian rules, Kevin sucks.

simple as

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ian rules, Kevin sucks.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

My takeaways from Collision.

1) Deeb all but said 'hey Mercedes come at me bro'.
2) Somebody needs to teach Deeb what emotions are so she can incorporate them into her promos. It was like watching somebody in a black and white film try to demonstrate how blue the sky is.
3) Roderick Strong is like Kris Statlander. I constantly forget he's actually good because he's so lame when he's not wrestling. So he has to win me over all over again every time he wrestles a match.
4) Here's hoping Jay White is just spinning his wheels until Okada shows up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

pains me to say it but that was a bad ep of collision

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Just called in for my shift today, ready to watch Revolution!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ChrisBTY posted:

3) Roderick Strong is like Kris Statlander. I constantly forget he's actually good because he's so lame when he's not wrestling. So he has to win me over all over again every time he wrestles a match.

At least Kris looks like an absolute unit. Roddy just looks like a dweeb.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its stinger sunday

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

its stinger sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y1jRWpFr_4

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

xbilkis posted:

I'm watching now and I think this is the most important part so far

After watching the whole ep i agree with this

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

pains me to say it but that was a bad ep of collision

I liked it! Mark Briscoe's brawl/pyrotechnics extravaganza was awesome, the three-way match was awesome, the Brian Christopher and Matt Sydel vs. Private Party was awesome, the main event was awesome, Hangman's and Swerve's promos were awesome.

Unfortunately, I think it's an inevitable consequence of the PPV being today. They probably don't want to set up new storylines with the PPV so close. No idea why many of the ongoing storylines didn't have a final beat before Revolution. Mark Briscoe, the man who doesn't have a match on the PPV or friends, apparently.

I like Mark Briscoe a ton, but there wasn't any reason to grant the only person who doesn't have a match at Revolution to advance his story. You couldn't do that for everyone? It literally costs them nothing.

edit: oh, and I guess the BBSG storyline moved forward

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 3, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Time_pants posted:

edit: oh, and I guess the BBSG storyline moved forward

did it though

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Time_pants posted:

Brian Christopher and Matt Sydel
Maybe I'll have to watch an episode for once

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Imagine thinking Statlander is lame outside of wrestling ability

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok, what next

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mean it definitely did. They’re showing more dissension and Max seems checked out, not being on the same page when they tried to do the big group scissor in the center of the ring mid-match.

I wish we had gotten to this point sooner so the blowoff match was tonight instead.

Pretty meh Collision. The opening was fun but the rest of the show was just kind of uninspired. A weird episode for a go-home show, especially having three segments devoted to pushing matches that are on the preshow.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It felt like a double rampage. The crowd was both dead and non-existent

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Ian rules, Kevin sucks.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

It felt like a double rampage.