Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/skaven/comments/1b2f5ph/new_spruethings_leaked/

A sprue for a new Skaven unit has apparently escaped from a gnawhole and into the wild. And while looking around I found that there's some rumors about Skaven getting a massive update for AoS 4th ed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
It makes sense and has been something folks have speculated about for a while. Skaven are one of the relatively few unique(ish) big concepts GW has come out with. They had huge support in WHFB and their relatively low profile over 3 editions of AoS is pretty noticeable. There’s also been a few references in recent fiction so it’s not a massive surprise.

That sprue is interesting, looks like a mid-sized glowup to the weapons team concept. Like a compact multi-barrelled warp lightning cannon.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Here's the rumor post I saw:

quote:

New 4th edition rumours

DANGER:

Plague Censer

Rat Swarms

Giant Rats

Gutter Runners

Refresh:

seer、warlock、moulder

clanrats、stormvermin

ALL WEAPONTEAMS

Jezzails、Globadiers

Rat Ogors

NEW:

new warlock

new warlord

new verminlord

new artillery

new behemoth

new wolfrats

Curious to see if there's going to be a WarCom article or not, there's been a couple of other sprue leaks that haven't gotten one. While potato pictures of other units have prompted posts at the same time.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

If it’s meant to be part of a new edition starter kit, they might just ignore it until the big reveal. They most likely have fancy animations and a whole set of marketing pushes already planned.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
A friend pointed out that the sprues appear to be push-fit style which leads credence to it being part of a starter set. I'd love to see a multipart kit for Skaven Weapon teams but I'm not going to complain about new Skaven models.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

all the Skaven models from UW have been great, so it should be a banger of a refresh

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GhastlyBizness posted:

If it’s meant to be part of a new edition starter kit, they might just ignore it until the big reveal. They most likely have fancy animations and a whole set of marketing pushes already planned.

Well they're likely revealing it tomorrow or Saturday and then going in depth at Adepticon.

Though if Skaven are getting that size of a
range refresh it seems less likely chaos dwarves are anywhere near the horizon.

Unless they decided to be merciful and the other side of the box isn't Stormcast.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 29, 2024

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Unless they decided to be merciful and the other side of the box isn't Stormcast.

Ahahahaha…ha…. :smith:

I hope they’ve made some new weird critters for the Stormcast at least

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Nah, the rumors are saying Stormcast as the other faction.

quote:

Recent word is mix of refreshed Thunderstrike units like we saw in Realms of Ruin and Ruination Chamber elites which are seemingly like Marines death company as empowered super stormcast on their last reforging after near a thousand years of battle.

Makes sense, because at this point the first edition models have aged really poorly compared to... most other Stormcast release after that. :v:

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Here's the rumor post I saw:

Does 'DANGER' in this instance mean in 'danger of being removed/discontinued'?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Possibly, never saw an elaboration on that.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

The Skaven roster really needs a refresh, of all the old stuff... and hopefulñy we see new things with the new edition. At least, there's one now!

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

nostrata posted:

Does 'DANGER' in this instance mean in 'danger of being removed/discontinued'?

It would not surprise me based on that list with the exception being Plague Censer Bearers. They are a big hitter right now in the faction and lots of tournament lists will have as many as they can fit. They are old metal models though, albeit extremely easy to convert from the Plague Monk box if you want plastic.

The others are pretty old and kind of redundant. Giant Rats being turned into Wolf-Rats makes perfect sense to consolidate the line, same with rat swarms. Gutter Rutters going away would be odd, but they may be redoing the Eshin line so the old strata of Night Runners to Gutter Runners to Assassins may not really be a thing. I imagine a single unit of assassin rats would be more than enough.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Had forgotten it was Warhammer World Anniversary today, and one of the reveals is a new Darkoath band. For regular AoS and not Warcry oddly enough.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/02/warhammer-world-anniversary-gunnar-brand-leads-the-oathbound-into-the-mortal-realms/

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Cooked Auto posted:

Had forgotten it was Warhammer World Anniversary today, and one of the reveals is a new Darkoath band. For regular AoS and not Warcry oddly enough.

The did the same with the Blacktalon set, right? They eventually released Warcry rules.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/02/warhammer-world-anniversary-gunnar-brand-leads-the-oathbound-into-the-mortal-realms/

Oh I love that weird little shaman guy

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Shaman girl. Her name's Broken Nadja.

Desfore posted:

The did the same with the Blacktalon set, right? They eventually released Warcry rules.

Probably, just surprised they're doing it the other way around.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I want to steal that weirdo wizard for my tzeentch army

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
There's some new generic AoS marauders (sorry, Darkoath whatevers) coming as well. Cavalry and infantry both spotted in a video that seems to have been released by mistake ahead of schedule.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Darkoath bestoath

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

Strong Pathologic vibes from the creepy shaman. Love the wider Darkoath aesthetic, just the pinnacle of sword & sorcery. Like a Frazetta painting.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Exactly what I was thinking, a Frazetta painting right there.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Too many clothes for Frazetta.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Darkoath Chieftan is there for you, unless you want to go into the fyreslayer territory.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Blew the whole outfit budget on helmets

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Was really hoping for some Skaven surprises but the new Darkoath stuff looks incredible - there are a few more models that got shown briefly on stream but didn't get their own highlight / closeups - some more cavalry, a mounted Darkoath champion, and a big demonoid looking thing with a bunch of porcupine quills on its back. Love that they've become their own whole faction.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

Darkoath bestoath

Then you'll be happy to know that someone at GW goofed up and the Chinese version was a completely different video from the one shown yesterday and reveals that they're getting a lot more models in the near future.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/1b4rj3r/the_leaked_video_for_the_new_s2d_stuff/

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 3, 2024

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Too many Conans

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

not enough Tulsa Dooms

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/03/sunday-preview-the-dawnbringers-crusade-continues-as-the-croneseer-circles-above/

Lots of AoS pre-orders next weekend.

But the big things is the next Dawnbringers book, Shadow of the Crone.

And then Saviours of Cinderfall.

And Krethusa’s Cronehost.

On top of there's the Spearhead boxes for SCE, CoS and FEC.
Then to round things out, some Warcry terrain.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, obviously this is a long term thing, but why would you start the new boxes with three armies with cheaper, better starting points available on amazon?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Because those are part of the current production run and all they had to do to make those boxes was print some new cardboard.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/04/darkoath-army-set-meet-the-dark-mirror-of-the-cities-of-sigmar/

Might be time to go back to painting my S2D soon

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The fact that they're doing a Battletome supplement is interesting.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I think they did it for Space Marines towards the end of 40k 9th with the Strike Force Agastus box but this is the first time I've ever seen it done for anything other than Marines.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Looks good. Loving the Wilderfiend in particular.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Sigh, do I need another army box?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if this is where the marauder refresh rumors were coming from.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Darkoath…bestoath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

AnEdgelord posted:

I think they did it for Space Marines towards the end of 40k 9th with the Strike Force Agastus box but this is the first time I've ever seen it done for anything other than Marines.

They did a PDF one for Ironjawz when the big pig and his friends came out, but I don't think they've done another for AoS.
Model and flavor wise those look great, love to see some less obviously corrupted chaos worshippers and I like the Franzetta aesthetic.