Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Dans Macabre posted:

I'm not a utensil :smug:

I am a utensil so this is weird

I just want it noted for later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

sharkmafia posted:

is 'keats are you for real' just a fixture of every single game with keats in it, or what

Yeah.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm going to dinner but I'll catch up after

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

So Opop Maer are both town? Both scum? Or scum doesn't give a poo poo that one of theirs is tied because it's still minus 5?

Discuss in your confessional but not here (I deem this not for scum ears)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Two hours left, need a lot more people to vote wins.

Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (3): yuming, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, yuming, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, sharkmafia, Johnny Keats
Maerlyn (3): Opopanax, wins32767, Opopanax, wins32767, Opopanax, wins32767, Rhymes With Clue
CubicalSucrose (1): yuming, Rhymes With Clue, yuming, Rhymes With Clue, yuming
Grandicap (1): fool of sound
shwinnebego (1): Dans Macabre, wins32767, wins32767
wins32767 (1): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, CubicalSucrose
sharkmafia (1): yuming, Sandwolf, yuming
yuming (1): Grandicap, CubicalSucrose, sharkmafia, shwinnebego, sharkmafia, shwinnebego, CubicalSucrose
Dans Macabre (1): shwinnebego, Tired Moritz, shwinnebego, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Tired Moritz (1): Grandicap, Maerlyn, Grandicap
Johnny Keats (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
AFancyQuestionMark (0): yuming, yuming
Rhymes With Clue (0): shwinnebego, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, shwinnebego
Sandwolf (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (1): AFancyQuestionMark

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 09th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 59 minutes.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I really am not a fan of the nominal case on Maer at all; my meta read on their play is town and they are an easy target. I'd buy RwC in particular as scum joining momentum early. I'm ambivalent about opop at best, especially given that

fool of sound posted:

I hate this Grandi post that provides cover and support for the burgeoning Maer bandwagon without actually committing to a vote, AND in the same loving post throws sus on a second person without committing to that vote either, in favor of voting for someone who came to them in a dream. I'm pretty confident this isn't town posting.

Grandicap posted:

I am suspicious of Maer, which is why I am suspicious of TM.
Reasonable people are sus on Maer today. But TM jumped to a 3p accusation. He knows Maer isn't on the scum team, so the only reason she has to be playing like that is 3p (in TM's mind).

Vote Tired for great justice!

##vote Grandi

this grandi post alongside their described voting pattern is the scummiest thing to happen today.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Grandi

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I don't know if it's the scummiest post ever, but it is a post where Grandi both says he's suspicious of Maer (which in normal times would mean Maer scum I guess?) and then says TMoritz "knows" Maer is not scum.

Which means Grandi knows...what?

I mean, I am thinking we have a 3:3 scum:scum tie here but I will agree that's a very suspicious Grandi post.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fool of sound posted:

I really am not a fan of the nominal case on Maer at all; my meta read on their play is town and they are an easy target. I'd buy RwC in particular as scum joining momentum early. I'm ambivalent about opop at best, especially given that

this grandi post alongside their described voting pattern is the scummiest thing to happen today.

Wasn't I already voting TM at that point?

Grandicap posted:

Because you know she isn't scum?

##vote TM

Yes I was. I was trying to get additional votes on TM becuase I thought it was where scum was. It was a surface level read that he was 3p hunting. He saw odd behavior in Maer, and instead of attributing it to scum, he attribited it to 3p. I though (and think) that it was worth a vote. I was elaborating on why TM was scum.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i could vote wins, he's currently doing his best impression of a potted plant after dropping a vote on maer, who i don't think is particularly scummy.

i'd prefer to kill the guy what i'm voting though

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

opop > wins > grandicap > maer out of the people who are currently being pushed

but we dont really have much time so we should probably make an effort to coalesce

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

sharkmafia posted:

i could vote wins, he's currently doing his best impression of a potted plant after dropping a vote on maer, who i don't think is particularly scummy.

i'd prefer to kill the guy what i'm voting though

Here I'll help

## throw out opop

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

I'm going to assume that's a vig

##vote wins

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Dans attempts to throw out Opop!

Nothing happens.

The day continues.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

##vote opop

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Dans Macabre posted:

Here I'll help

## throw out opop

failed vig here?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i don't think fool's case on grandi is remotely convincing

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

saladscooper posted:

Dans attempts to throw out Opop!

Nothing happens.

The day continues.

drat

Well there’s my one shot

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

You're a trash can?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

or the insinkerator

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Rhymes With Clue posted:

You're a trash can?

trash cans don't throw things out, people throw things out

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Was that supposed to be a daykill?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

anyway sounds like that's confirmation that that was an attempted regular vig

opop apparently being bulletproof does make him slightly less scummy. im down to swerve onto wins actually ##vote wins

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

I'm going to assume that's a vig

##vote wins

shwinnebego posted:

failed vig here?

yuming posted:

^^^ being the third person to say the same really obvious thing is scummy

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

yuming posted:

Yes but it didn't work FOR SOME REASON. I am the chef and I was able to throw out one utensil in the game. Or at least try to.

I don't know what I can glean from this failing but probably opop is town.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I prefer ## vote grandicap over maer

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Opop is not a utensil, perhaps?

I don't know what that means though.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Opop is not a utensil, perhaps?

I don't know what that means though.

Sorry let me clarify: my role pm says I can throw out a PLAYER, it doesn't say utensil specifically. my fault

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow that was loving rude.

No part of my role should protect me from a vig so I can't speak as to why it failed

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Uuuhhh okay

Maybe wins isn't a utensil

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

No hard feelings I hope, opop.

hopeop.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

shwinnebego posted:

^^^ being the third person to say the same really obvious thing is scummy
Then vote me <:mad:>

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sorry, opop. I'm hard skimming (I'm at work ironically!)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I'll be around at deadline. I guess I'd rather go Maer over Grandi.

##vote Maerlyn

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

yuming posted:

Then vote me <:mad:>

no, we must kill opop

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

okay i went back and read to make sure i hadn't missed something and it does appear that the maer case is just that she made a 'scumslip' with this post

Maerlyn posted:

No because I didn't talk about who I'm going to kill nor do I have insider info

Obviously

that's dumb, actually. and she's made a bunch of posts that i would consider to be a good effort at d1 scumhunting:

Maerlyn posted:

This is a scummy post/vote. It's a fakey reasoning for voting someone.

Cube's hedgy post that RWC refers to:

##vote RWC

Maerlyn posted:

I'd also vote TM for his weird hand wringy post

Maerlyn posted:

third vote scum vote

That's the common trope but I DO think RWC could be scum. Initially she mentions how Opop and I could be aligned but then votes Cube saying he was being hedgy...about a knife. It feels like reluctance to vote me until wins does, and her rationale doesn't make sense

So I'm right to get after TM for flavor hunting but that makes me scummy because "it's too obvious"? It's a pretty odd reason for voting me...an OMGUS would make more sense.

maer does not deserve to be killed. i guess i'm fine with grandicap although i am indifferent to the case on him as a whole

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

(by the way, one of the people who jumped on maerlyn for this was wins. another one was opop)

wins32767 posted:

I mean, that is a scum slip, isn't it?

##vote Maer

Opopanax posted:

Ah, so you're going to kill someone? Aha! ##vote maer

im currently inclined to think that whatever's going on with opop makes him less likely to be scum than i thought so i'd rather get wins

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

no, we must kill opop

why. I think it's more likely for town to be bulletproof than opop. Good enough reason to wait IMO.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dans Macabre posted:

why. I think it's more likely for town to be bulletproof than opop. Good enough reason to wait IMO.

Let me say that correctly:

why. I think it's more likely for town to be bulletproof than scum. Good enough reason to wait IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

join me on wins, the guy who followed opop onto maer for what i consider to be a totally bullshit reason and then disappeared