Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Opopanax seems scummy to me, I think. It doesn't really feel as if they're earnestly engaging with the case made against them

##vote Opopanax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

fool of sound posted:

2) the wins votes happened organically from town because of the general lack of consensus and dwindling time, in which case scum would prefer to not join the vote if they weren't already part of it. considering how fast the momentum built at the end

Sure but we had how long to check the thread and vote in the time between Wins becoming an option and hammer? And not a single person posted in that time without voting.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Tired Moritz posted:

If I randomly get day action'd, I would be a bit paranoid that I did not get rolecopped or bombed or poisoned

An action can't do anything if it failed. Actually I think that if it had hit a BP it would have succeeded, yet result in nothing visible happening.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

fool of sound posted:

so, to that end: in scenario 1 shark cube mortiz, in scenario 2 opop, keats, sand, grandi, and you.

I'd like to point out that scenario 1 relies on scum not wanting one of Maer or Opop to die. That means they should be added to the sus list for scenario 1 and what have we here? Opop is on both lists.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk why but my guts are saying Dan and oppo are on the same (evil) team

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

fool of sound posted:

I do no think that opop is clear because they survived a shot. One scum with bulletproof in a game with a vig isn't an uncommon counter. I fairly firmly read keats as town. Null on sand atm, not enough to go on.

ok fine

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

This is a salad game and I have seen them give people false leading day actions before

what does this mean - like salad told me I have a vig but knew it would for sure never work?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

My gut says yuming is Problematic

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

I could see voting for Opop or Sand, both give me light scum pings (Sand is lurking, Opop feels kinda disengaged vaguely.... It's hard to define)

I'm not opposed to a Fancy vote but I feel like that's less likely to result in scum, the last game I played in Fancy got booted D1 because of just their behavior/lurking and were town

Maerlyn posted:

Grandi is town, I feel like I've got a good read on him in this game
Cube and dans - lean town

Yuming - null, rereading her and Opop tomorrow to see if that changes my read of them
Null on fool and shark too atm

Really disliking these posts.
Not just because I don't see me playing a strong town game, so anyone who has this strong of a town read on me has to be faking it.
I mean, my vote count analysis came to no solid conslusions.
But also because the scum calls here are both light and surface level, with a side of hedge.
Her d1 was tonally weird too.

##vote Maer

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Dans Macabre posted:

My gut says yuming is Problematic
Well take some probiotics because you’re off here.

What do you think of Opop and Fancy?

Fancy coming in and dropping a vote on Opop as their only content is not a good look. Their perspective is so different from last game and I can see them killing shwinn.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Not liking how oppo did not answer my questions tbh!

It was nighttime, I was sleeping. Also there's not much to answer there without getting bogged down in the same pointless discussions I'm currently voting Keats for

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Opopanax seems scummy to me, I think. It doesn't really feel as if they're earnestly engaging with the case made against them

##vote Opopanax

What does that even mean? How does one earnestly engage with the cases on them? Especially when they're pretty much all terrible?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Well.... Are you an utensil?

Do you believe Dan when they claimed?

Thoughts on why you got chosen to be shot?

Ok I guess there's aren't super hypothetical, just dumb and pointless so whatever.

1- Kind of, at least as much as a pot lid is anyways, but that's moot as we discussed yesterday and wouldn't matter
2-he didn't get killed for a fake day action so yeah
3-i was one of 2 vote leaders near EOD

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
It's very difficult for me to get any kind of read here, but I am strongly leaning towards Opop being scum.

I think yuming is town. Shark as well.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

yuming posted:

Well take some probiotics because you’re off here.

What do you think of Opop and Fancy?

Fancy coming in and dropping a vote on Opop as their only content is not a good look. Their perspective is so different from last game and I can see them killing shwinn.

Opop - I stand by my opinion that it is LESS LIKELY that he's scum because he survived by vig attempt. I'm not ruling it out but I'd rather focus elsewhere.

Fancy - this is my third game with them, and I didn't have good reads last two rounds. I'll agree with you the content isn't good. I would vote for Fancy over Opop today, and in fact over Keats as well (which is where my vote is now) so I will move

## vote AFQM

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

It's very difficult for me to get any kind of read here, but I am strongly leaning towards Opop being scum.

I think yuming is town. Shark as well.

Because I'm not "earnestly engaging with the case made against me"? How about you start, summarize the case made against me in your own words, because right now this is just a bizarre tag-along vote

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I'm voting Opop for mostly the Shwin kill which admittedly he can't possibly argue against

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Opopanax posted:

3-i was one of 2 vote leaders near EOD

I will confirm this is why I picked him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote so many people are voting me for boneheaded reasons and I want to omgus them all, I think it’s best if I have coffee before committing to anyone rn

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Fancy

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Johnny Keats posted:

I'd like to point out that scenario 1 relies on scum not wanting one of Maer or Opop to die. That means they should be added to the sus list for scenario 1 and what have we here? Opop is on both lists.

Oh this is actually a good point that I completely overlooked: maer and opop feature in both scenarios. I'd def vote either, leaning a bit more towards maer atm for their buddying up to grandi and their reasoning, and ignoring my post where I specifically point this out.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

2. fool of sound, what do you think of my read on opop based on how a scum would be likely to act re: a bulletproof? he has not actually claimed bulletproof and is in fact doing the opposite

Unless we get a claim that opop got a night 0 gift or some poo poo that would secretly give them bulletproof I think there's no reason to believe that they're not just lying.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
How is pot lid a utensil?? That's like half a utensil at most

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Honestly I might need to look up the definition of utensil because I'm here thinking like forks and spoons and sporks

Like if I ask for a utensil and someone gives me a stockpot, I'll go wtf

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay I looked it up and I still don't think pot lids are considered utensils!!!

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

fool of sound posted:

Unless we get a claim that opop got a night 0 gift or some poo poo that would secretly give them bulletproof I think there's no reason to believe that they're not just lying.

for what purpose, then? saying 'yeah im bulletproof' would be very low-risk, as its unlikely an roleseer or whatever would use a night to investigate a claimed bulletproof who did in fact resist a vig shot

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

saladscooper posted:

At dawn, the saucepan was found rusted in the compost bin.

shwinnebego, The Saucepan, TOWN-aligned Vanilla, was found dead N1!

It is now Day Two. Deadline Tuesday night, 9 PM EST.

For TM

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

which is to say that opop willingly forewent an easy out. the most obvious reason he would do this is he wanted to tell the truth. telling the truth even when it seems more suspicious is town behavior

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

for what purpose, then? saying 'yeah im bulletproof' would be very low-risk, as its unlikely an roleseer or whatever would use a night to investigate a claimed bulletproof who did in fact resist a vig shot

to sow confusion and make results untrustworthy?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I still want to check Grandi's dream.

Shark seeming townie but I don't think I've seen scumShark.

Dans could potentially be scum on a really specific scum team, like one with me. I'd need to think about other scenarios.

Opop being alive is weird. Feeling non-scum.

Grandi null. Even if Yuming flips scum I don't think that would clear Grandi. The whole dream thing could be a manufactured bus which would be... pretty great, actually.

I'll do more later.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

I still want to check Grandi's dream.

Shark seeming townie but I don't think I've seen scumShark.

Dans could potentially be scum on a really specific scum team, like one with me. I'd need to think about other scenarios.

Opop being alive is weird. Feeling non-scum.

Grandi null. Even if Yuming flips scum I don't think that would clear Grandi. The whole dream thing could be a manufactured bus which would be... pretty great, actually.

I'll do more later.

Me me me

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

fool of sound posted:

to sow confusion and make results untrustworthy?

not buying it. it's drawing unnecessary heat for an unclear benefit. it doesn't even really implicate dans, because that was clearly a real vig.

it's not impossible its a ploy but any townie cred they gain from it is clearly less than what they'd have gained by simply claiming a townie role, given this conversation.

opop could be scum. this isn't that strong a read and scum could easily decide to tell the truth about this as well to seem town, but i think regardless of his alignment he's telling the truth

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

If Opop was scum with BP then they would be lying for absolutely no reason, and if he's town he wouldn't lie about that for no reason so there was no BP

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Where does info take us? (Idk I'm thinking out loud)

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

*that info

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
"Town would never lie for no reason" said Johnny Keats

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Like I don't buy that Opop is likely town at all but lmao at that supposition.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Thinking about this... I can see a town or a scum opop lying about not knowing how he survived my attempt. Could be to cast doubt on whether future exec or nk attempts would succeed. I still am leaning towards likely town.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Opopanax posted:

Because I'm not "earnestly engaging with the case made against me"? How about you start, summarize the case made against me in your own words, because right now this is just a bizarre tag-along vote

The case made against you is that you've reacted in a strangely non plussedcway about being shot and not dying, without having any kind of BP.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

fool of sound posted:

"Town would never lie for no reason" said Johnny Keats

You are generalizing SO MUCH. I would probably know better than most when it feels appropriate for town to lie about something. That's not one of those times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Dans Macabre posted:

Thinking about this... I can see a town or a scum opop lying about not knowing how he survived my attempt. Could be to cast doubt on whether future exec or nk attempts would succeed. I still am leaning towards likely town.

i don't think this line of play would actually do anything to dissuade an elimination so if you're correct that's a townie thing to do

regardless i don't think opop is a particularly good target at the moment. he's not cleared but 'he could be scum lying just to spread chaos!!!' is something i've heard people suggest far more than something i've actually seen happen