Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

sharkmafia posted:

Well then I'm sure you appreciate this hot tip

Anyway I think we should help shwiffles kill bigfoot because then we'll never have to think about this ever again AND the nature boy will be conf town. Cough up the goods afqm

I am going to protect the identity of my large footed friend until my dying breath. A town victory is all well and good, but an enhanced victory is bigger and better, it feeds my narcissim and immense self-importance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh hey the game started :sun:

##vote binus

Long time no see!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Shwinn, do you still think Zoya is town?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

yuming posted:

Oh hey the game started :sun:

##vote binus

Long time no see!

What's your take on human cuisine?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

what would the purpose of this hypothetical gambit even be?

fine, i'll admit it, it's pretty obvious at this point

seeing as you RUINED IT

the purpose is:

i do not have a D1 dayvig, but i wish that i had a D1 dayvig, and if i had a D1 dayvig, i would use it on TPC as vengeance for baseball game

and so i concocted a SCHEME to trick the 3P BH into acting as my D1 dayvig, wasting their shot in the process, thus foiling both TPC and a 3P killer at the same time, inadvertently protecting innocent beloved bigfoot in the process, who could openly claim and work with town once the hunter wasted their shot

but then it turns out that bigfoot hunter is shwinne, and that was just unfortunate cuz he's like maybe the least likely here to have fallen for my ploy anyway

boo hiss gently caress you all

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

note that bigfoot can literally only be killed by being voted by town, or by being shot by the hunter, so once the hunter misses bigfoot is an immortal friendly giant with no reason not to open claim and work with town

this analysis of the setup was the main basis of the gambit

i'd hoped that whoever was the real nature boy would just stay quiet about it having seen this as an opportunity to gently caress over the bigfoot hunter, who they are at least vaguely aligned against

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Nothing scummy about all of the day one conversation revolving around a third party...sike!!!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

##vote Shwinn

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Now that I read it again... if the hunter captures a target that is not Bigfoot, they just stay in the game with no chance of winning.

Evil.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wologar posted:

Shwinn, do you still think Zoya is town?

Emphatically, yes.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

shwinnebego posted:

Emphatically, yes.

Got it.

##vote shwinn

I still think you're an alien, btw.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

wologar posted:

Now that I read it again... if the hunter captures a target that is not Bigfoot, they just stay in the game with no chance of winning.

Evil.

no, they'd still hypothetically win if town voted out bigfoot for some reason

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

wologar posted:

Got it.

##vote shwinn

I still think you're an alien, btw.

You don't need to tell me, it's day one and I'm TPC of course you do

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

I still think best practice here would be to let shwinn shoot bigfoot and then leave, thus confirming a town and removing a 3p that can win with scum, but it's entirely dependent upon afqm's cooperation so absent that the plan cannot proceed. oh well

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Zoya posted:

he's like maybe the least likely here to have fallen for my ploy anyway

this is sweet of you, but i'm pretty sure that no one here would, as hunter, be silly enough to take a claimed natureboy, who Super Wins by protecting bigfoot, at face value when they "out" bigfoot

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

but that's unlikely to happen at that point like i said, because bigfoot would have no reason not to openclaim and work with town, so town would have no reason to vote them out... leaving the bigfoot hunter trapped in the game with no way to win

that scenario being exactly why i answered you with:

Zoya posted:

because it's funny

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

I still think best practice here would be to let shwinn shoot bigfoot and then leave, thus confirming a town and removing a 3p that can win with scum, but it's entirely dependent upon afqm's cooperation so absent that the plan cannot proceed. oh well

If we condone murder we are just as bad as scum. No, we kill through official channels here

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Zoya posted:

but that's unlikely to happen at that point like i said, because bigfoot would have no reason not to openclaim and work with town, so town would have no reason to vote them out... leaving the bigfoot hunter trapped in the game with no way to win

that scenario being exactly why i answered you with:

maf-edit: this is replying to these

wologar posted:

Evil.

Zoya posted:

no, they'd still hypothetically win if town voted out bigfoot for some reason

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

anyway in conclusion

Zoya posted:

boo hiss gently caress you all

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

if i had been nature boy you better believe that immediately would have outed bigfoot and demanded that the bigfoot hunter end his existence

'enhanced victory' sounds like some nonsense to me anyway, kill bigfoot win with town

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

if i had been nature boy you better believe that immediately would have outed bigfoot and demanded that the bigfoot hunter end his existence

'enhanced victory' sounds like some nonsense to me anyway, kill bigfoot win with town

Scum detected

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm confused but i've only skimmed today while I build a gate to stop my dog annexing the worksite in the back yard

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

he's doggone mad about it

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Beep beep beep scum detected scum detected

Oh sorry that's just my scum detector it's-

Beep beep beep beep beep scum detected super scum detected

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Beep beep beep scum detected scum detected

Oh sorry that's just my scum detector it's-

Beep beep beep beep beep scum detected super scum detected

why do you want to protect a third party with an automatic PGO, tea party crasher

that poo poo's annoying, its probably going to end up taking out a power role. kill kill kill

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

sharkmafia posted:

i think nature boy (or town in general) is well served by either loving over bigfoot or loving over bigfoot hunter and then openly working with the remainder

bigfoot existing, but not being openly known, is a big danger for town to accidentally self-delete their invests on the PGO passive

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

although as i said the point is moot in any case since afqm is the lynchpin of Plan Kill Bigfoot and they don't want to cooperate

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i wonder if afqm reacted to my gambit the way they did because i accidentally correctly identified bigfoot (TPC)

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

why do you want to protect a third party with an automatic PGO, tea party crasher

that poo poo's annoying, its probably going to end up taking out a power role. kill kill kill

You just don't get Bigfoot like I do

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Like yeah I call him lame, and say I don't care... But really it's because we're best friends.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Like yeah I call him lame, and say I don't care... But really it's because we're best friends.

:goofy:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

sharkmafia posted:

What the gently caress. Are you Infinitum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I think if I was nature boy I’d go for both wincons. It’s challenge mode.

Ignoring it and just beep booping a boring town wincon is a pretty lame.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I hope the aliens abduct Fancy so he never gets to reveal Bigfoot.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

wologar posted:

I hope the aliens abduct Fancy so he never gets to reveal Bigfoot.

but is fancy even nature boy? we've now got like 4 nature boy claims

mine (retracted)
afqm
keats? i think?
tpc?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

hambeet posted:

I think if I was nature boy I’d go for both wincons. It’s challenge mode.

Ignoring it and just beep booping a boring town wincon is a pretty lame.

Yeah selling out Bigfoot just for a potential town win feels very teacher's pet. What's more fun than having a secret in this game

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Zoya posted:

but is fancy even nature boy? we've now got like 4 nature boy claims

mine (retracted)
afqm
keats? i think?
tpc?

TPC is clearly not Nature Boy. C'mon.

Believing Keats is akin to believing Zoya.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

wologar posted:

What the gently caress. Are you Infinitum?

i dont know who or what that is so probably not

i don't care for leaving third party survivors alive and i am 100% favor of shooting them, which is something we CAN make happen in this game. don't have to use an elimination on a third party? sign me the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

wologar posted:

TPC is clearly not Nature Boy. C'mon.

Believing Keats is akin to believing Zoya.

tbh i actually kind of think TPC really is bigfoot lmao

but sure, fair enough

anyway who scum