Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adimeadozen
Apr 6, 2004
Not That Guy

-Fish- posted:

I need the prettiest guns. They can be real or illustrations, as long as they can be used with one hand.
I don't have anything modern, but here are a few guns with wildly varying degrees of flavor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

-Fish- posted:

I need the prettiest guns. They can be real or illustrations, as long as they can be used with one hand.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Lincoln's Repeater! My favorite gun in Fallout 3. Also really handsome in real life.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

History has you covered. These are German wheellock pistols.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
any specific time period?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Motherfucker posted:

any specific time period?

Any time period will do but old West to modern is preferred.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

-Fish- posted:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=decorative+revolvers

Although you don't need to look much further than this:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

-Fish- posted:

Try google image searching for "custom colt 1911", a lot of fancy ones turn up.

EDIT: For example.

Zereth fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 23, 2014

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Zereth posted:

Try google image searching for "custom colt 1911", a lot of fancy ones turn up.

EDIT: For example.

This search yielded exactly the results I was looking for. Thanks!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

ConfusedUs posted:

Lincoln's Repeater! My favorite gun in Fallout 3. Also really handsome in real life.

Imagine my surprise as a dumb nerd who plays too much Fallout when I was in DC a couple months ago and came across it in person.

That trip was awesome.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

-Fish- posted:

This search yielded exactly the results I was looking for. Thanks!
What did you pick?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Best custom pistol:

Also, the perfect instrument for any bardic necromancers out there:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I'm setting my next game in Detroit and the PCs are going to be the local Ghostbusters.

Please give me your spooks, specters, wraiths, and vampires.

Haunted cars would also be a plus.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

dragon_pamcake posted:

I'm setting my next game in Detroit and the PCs are going to be the local Ghostbusters.

Just out of curiosity which system are you going to be using? West End Games, the GURPS conversion, Savage Ghostbusters, or what?

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Lallander posted:

Just out of curiosity which system are you going to be using? West End Games, the GURPS conversion, Savage Ghostbusters, or what?

Fudged WoD, ignoring morality rules. I like the skills and attributes system.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I have a request.

Give me all the Halfling Pirates you've got.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

dragon_pamcake posted:

Personally, I think the last one is perfect for a ghost car in Detroit. Mercury Marauder, fully blacked out. Being close (identical) in body style to the Crown Vic just lends it a kind of twisted authority that mirrors darkly the police presence (or lack of).

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

dragon_pamcake posted:

Bonus: a mothman photo

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Fiend Computer posted:

Some spooky poo poo

Oh god, that Mothman and that black witch thing on the bridge are so in!

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

dragon_pamcake posted:

Whenever I run somebody through the magic that is a Ghostbusters One-Off, I have them start by checking out the basement from the prolouge of John Dies at the End. poo poo fills the room, the doorknob turns into a limp penis, and a meat monster comes out of the freezer, among other things.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Arx Monolith posted:

Whenever I run somebody through the magic that is a Ghostbusters One-Off, I have them start by checking out the basement from the prolouge of John Dies at the End. poo poo fills the room, the doorknob turns into a limp penis, and a meat monster comes out of the freezer, among other things.

"Detroit" and "ghosts" makes me think that the place would be an almost endless phantasmal torrent of dead homeless people who froze to death during the cold winters. :smith:

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Just found this today, figured someone might appreciate it.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

dragon_pamcake posted:

The old Boblo boats are looking pretty spooky, and the ruins of Boblo Island might make a cool setting for a haunting.

http://youtu.be/xrg_K3e7uyk?list=PLwrJZ0nVPUdr3syBkQbaTStgxToc3wR3V

Of course Detroit is ripe with spooky places to explore, I set my first (and only) WOD campaign on Zug Island. But there's plenty of settings for busting ghosts around Detroit that aren't abandoned factories, though. Like imagine if poltergeists took over the Heidleberg Project...

...or the ghost of millionaire egomaniac James Scott rose up from his throne overlooking the fountain he built on Belle Isle to wreak havok on the city.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
That second one is the stuff of nightmares. It's so actually disturbing to me.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
I've been slowly pushing myself into the potential abyss of GMing a game of Lacuna, AKA That One Storygame Thing About Dreams and Russian Spidermen And Stuff. Thing is, I don't have many good pictures for the main antagonists, the Hostile Personalities that are supposed to be like subconscious parasites or whatever that pop out of their hosts chestbuster style. I have some decent pictures, but most of the stuff that could apply either ends up all looking too human with little difference or is all gory and "edgy" rather than legitimately terrifying.

So basically, I need horrifying and potentially grandiose forms of subconscious horrors/Personas that turn people into Law & Order/CSI criminals, in all their varied glory.

Also, while we're at it, feel free to slide me your best weird Inception-scapes and the most Bureaucratic Nondescript Government Agency Members you got...as well as other appropriate strangeness. Also potential mugshots for dossiers would be nice, but I can probably fish for some myself that could work.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

AlanWhats posted:

subconscious horrors/Personas
Did someone say Mara? I think I heard someone say Mara.

(Both links tremendously :nws:, of course)

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Found some awesome illustrations of Norse myths here. Caution: there are horned helmets.

-this is Loki as a god of flames, I think
- a :smug: Snorri Sturluson

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Dear Hot Modrons thread, I am having trouble finding a really good picture that isn't a still from a film (or an obvious copy of a still from a film). I'd just like someone carrying or firing two pistols. So, please give me your most awesome Hard Boiled folks posing or leaping sideways while dispensing vengeance. Man, woman, wild-eyed or serene, any creed or colour, any time period!

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
No problem

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Coward posted:

Dear Hot Modrons thread, I am having trouble finding a really good picture that isn't a still from a film (or an obvious copy of a still from a film). I'd just like someone carrying or firing two pistols. So, please give me your most awesome Hard Boiled folks posing or leaping sideways while dispensing vengeance. Man, woman, wild-eyed or serene, any creed or colour, any time period!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 12, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Coward posted:

Blizzard's got Steve Blum Reaper.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Coward posted:

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Two pistols.

At least two pistols:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Having extra matches in his hair/hat is a nice touch.

Fake edit: wait, he's using flintlocks, though, not matchlocks. What the hell? :psyduck:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Dick Burglar posted:

Fake edit: wait, he's using flintlocks, though, not matchlocks. What the hell? :psyduck:

Blackbeard was known for tying slow-burning fuses into his beard and hair that he'd light when going into battle, because the smoke and fire made him look like the devil.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Dick Burglar posted:

If you're talking about the fuses in his hair: Blackbeard would put slow-burning, high-smoke fuses in his hair just to add to the intimidation factor. Imagine being boarded by someone perpetually clouded in smoke. Pretty scary!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Dick Burglar posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackbeard

E;f,b.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Edit; gently caress, Blackbeard

alternately Edit; gently caress, broadside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I did not know that. And yes, I was referring to the fuses in his hair. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_match