Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So I was just out walking the grounds and heard a very, very low rumble in the sky and looked up to see a monstrously large, silver plane flying maybe 20-25K above me seemingly attached to a much smaller, yet still big, silver plane. If they weren't attached they were flying directly together very closely. Never seen anything like it.

I live under a Europe - Montreal/Toronto/Detroit/Minneapolis flight path, and these two planes were heading due east towards Europe. What the hell did I just see? Something military, I assume.

For reference, I see transatlantic flights all the time, and those flights are higher (guessing maybe 10-15K feet higher) and the planes are notably smaller, though I'm sure that has something also to do with the higher altitude.

Post itt strange things you've seen in the sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

post a picture or close the thread

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I actually saw that too (maybe 10 min ago)- did it have bright lights like a rocket engine instead of a jet?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Christmas Miracle posted:

post a picture or close the thread

I wish. No camera on me and I didn't have time to run in and grab one.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

I actually saw that too (maybe 10 min ago)- did it have bright lights like a rocket engine instead of a jet?

I don't think I can say yes or no. I saw nothing like bright lights.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
I was drunk one time and I thought I saw a UFO and then my friend pointed out that it was actually a satellite.

pretty sure he's a reptillian.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So I'm clear, this was a smaller but still large (maybe like a 747) plane directly above the front nose of an incredibly larger silver plane.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FYI Europe, there's a super plane due to arrive on your shores in approximately 6 hours.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I believe the plane, upon further research, was a Consolidated PBY-5a Catalina OP. Does that sound right?

No idea why it had rockets on it. Maybe it was firing JATOs mid-flight?

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
You know that scene at the end of air force one where the presidential jet is refuelled mid-air by the army fuel plane? you probably saw that exact situation occurring.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

I believe the plane, upon further research, was a Consolidated PBY-5a Catalina OP. Does that sound right?

Er, no.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
hmmm. nope. i can't think of any type of flight maneuver where a small plane flies up behind a larger plane and attaches its nose to it. why would they do that it just sounds dangerous and there isn't anything that a big plane could have that a smaller cooler plane wouldn't

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I am about 98% sure it was a PBY-5a firing JATO rockets to reach a higher altitude than its max flight ceiling.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

when a plane loves another plane very much sometimes he can stick his penis in the other planes vagina

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

John Denver Hoxha posted:

hmmm. nope. i can't think of any type of flight maneuver where a small plane flies up behind a larger plane and attaches its nose to it. why would they do that it just sounds dangerous and there isn't anything that a big plane could have that a smaller cooler plane wouldn't

No the other way around - the small plane was in front with the big plane directly behind it.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
P sure I've seen pictures posted on this very forum that depict similar acts being done by two consenting planes.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

redshirt posted:

No the other way around - the small plane was in front with the big plane directly behind it.

ahh so something like this?

must be aliens

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

John Denver Hoxha posted:

ahh so something like this?

must be aliens

Yes, but let me emphasize the size of the larger plane. It was enormous.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

Yes, but let me emphasize the size of the larger plane. It was enormous.

it was engineered specially for your mom the second plane was providing additional thrust

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

it was engineered specially for your mom the second plane was providing additional thrust

lol. burn.

Are you goons familiar with the ISS?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
probably something like this OP?

in-flight refuelling; the jet probably making the fuel plane seem larger than it is?

e: nevermind, just saw that you said the small plane was infront

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
It was almost certainly swamp gas, a weather balloon, or a Samsquanch. If you saw a Samaquanch, then happy days! Stay safe, Samsquanch ghost

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

redshirt posted:

So I was just out walking the grounds

the grounds of your "assisted living" community?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

the grounds of your "assisted living" community?

No like my awesome mountain compound.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

If I was a god I would totally do this whenever I was about to smite the poo poo out of some one

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Sounds like one of the older models of the 9-10 Brezhnev IV series utility carriers.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Tortuga posted:

Sounds like one of the older models of the 9-10 Brezhnev IV series utility carriers.

you know that looks oddly like the missing Malaysian airliner....

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
Who cares? We're all going to die anyway.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

This is what is was.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.
Swamp gas. Or Venus.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ManlyWeevil posted:

Swamp gas. Or Venus.

that's what she said when I wanted to have sex

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Has anyone said the planes were having sex yet? They were UFO planes full of aliens having plane sex.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Has anyone said the planes were having sex yet? They were UFO planes full of aliens having plane sex.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

that would suck to have a jet engine sticking out of your rear end i bet it gets hot

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

this means god is going to gently caress your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

this means god is going to gently caress your rear end

a miracle!

• Locked thread