Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

EugeneJ posted:

I doubt Meltzer knows how Tweeting even works

Dave's Twitter is actually pretty hilarious, especially when he live tweets events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
I guess I'll finally ask these related questions. I expect no clarity, this being TNA:
1. Why does anyone speaking in the ring address the camera and not the crowd?
2. Is there a rule forbidding wrestlers to work the crowd? To the point of not acknowledging them? It's like they almost pretend they are in an empty arena (sometimes they don't have to pretend).

Just these two things alone might change the quality and excitement of their product.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE stresses working the camera and not the crowd. Most of their agents and talent have some WWE experience.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah, several stories have come out involving people getting yelled at for working the crowd instead of the camera. They're supposed to ignore them for the most part.

Y'know, just like Aust- er... Roc- uh... Hul-...

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

LividLiquid posted:

Yeah, several stories have come out involving people getting yelled at for working the crowd instead of the camera. They're supposed to ignore them for the most part.

Y'know, just like Aust- er... Roc- uh... Hul-...

When it's the whole crowd doing what Vince wants, you interact with them. If it is less than the whole crowd or not what Vince currently wants to highlight, you are just working for cheap pops and that isn't the professional product we want to display in this company.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
1.40 million viewers for last night

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

ChampRamp posted:

1.40 million viewers for last night

I bet thats good for like 50th spot in the top 100.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

What sort of percentage gain is that? Seems pretty dramatic. Though I'm sure there's some mundane (likely scheduling-related) explanation. If this keeps up it's gonna take a lot of doing to dislodge Russo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Basic Chunnel posted:

What sort of percentage gain is that? Seems pretty dramatic. Though I'm sure there's some mundane (likely scheduling-related) explanation. If this keeps up it's gonna take a lot of doing to dislodge Russo

Up nearly 150,000 over last week.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I think the start of the New York shows had some interest. It should probably fade until Destination X.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I think the start of the New York shows had some interest. It should probably fade until Destination X.

I kinda doubt that many people knew when the New York tapings started airing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Currently attempting to watch the NYC Impact show. It's insane how bad the editing is. Not only do they shoot an empty chunk of seats in the intro, but the way they cut the show is just done so poorly.

Taz comes out when Angle is talking, but the obvious overdub of the music and the quickness at which everything happens is just so bad.

Angle is talking and the crowd is sort of making noise and audibly not chanting ANYTHING, but the camera cuts to a shot of the crowd wildly chanting "TNA! TNA! TNA!".

EC3 calls NYC "the big crapple" and the crowd erupts into an insanely loud round of boos while the actual crowd you can see with your eyes is basically just standing there for the entire length of the terrible booing.

The only saving grace so far is that Jameson seems to be sitting in the front row:

Edit: It's also sad that they use stock footage of NYC for their bumpers. Makes it look so amateurish (duh, it is) compared to WWE going out and filming 30 seconds of B-roll in the cities they broadcast from.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 19, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ok so according to Meltzer Wrestle-1 is only a minor concern for TNA when it came to hiding Russo. The major concern is SPIKE TV who hates Vince. Oh poo poo. Remember no renewal has been announced. Also TNA out right lied to the locker room about Russo's involvement too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

What's spike's beef with Russo? Not that I doubt they hate him or anything but why specifically?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DJExile posted:

What's spike's beef with Russo? Not that I doubt they hate him or anything but why specifically?
Racism, misogyny, pushing the limits of what's allowed on TV, blatantly ignoring their instructions

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
We just need to put the only thing keeping us alive (our TV deal) at risk to bring back Vince Russo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DJExile posted:

Meltzer said he didn't know.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

We just need to put the only thing keeping us alive (our TV deal) at risk to bring back Vince Russo.

We joked about Magnus riding the Dixie Train, but maybe he wasn't the one after all... :magical:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/statuses/490851905602850816

quote:

TNA WRESTLING
‏@IMPACTWRESTLING

Big news coming later today! #TNANYC #IMPACTonSPIKE

6:33 AM - 20 Jul 2014

For the love of Christ...

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I assume the TV deal is finally done, and Impact will be on Spike until the heat death of the universe.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Sunday is a very odd day to make an announcement about a deal. If I had to guess, I would think they have a nothing announcement about the non hardcore justice parts of the next taping.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Please be a Team Challenge Series.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

Racism, misogyny, pushing the limits of what's allowed on TV, blatantly ignoring their instructions

fair enough, I just didn't know if it was a buildup of things or if it was one blowup thing

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

I personally think a better question would be "Why does TNA love Russo so much?". I get that he claims to be responsible for the Attitude Era, but that line HAS to wear thin after a decade.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I was going to watch the WWE PPV tonight, but I'd better keep an eye on TNA's Twitter feed instead.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rotinaj posted:

I personally think a better question would be "Why does TNA love Russo so much?". I get that he claims to be responsible for the Attitude Era, but that line HAS to wear thin after a decade.

vince russo loves sex gimmicks

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

oatgan posted:

vince russo loves sex gimmicks

I demand photographic proof of such a statement.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Now now, Russo was a moderating influence on Vince. Vince wanted to write incest angles.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Phenix Rising posted:

The only saving grace so far is that Jameson seems to be sitting in the front row:

:stare:

my god...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
5 years ago yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4MceD3fHHU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MINUS. FIVE. STARS.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

I demand photographic proof of such a statement.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64CizpeXtyU

That entire show was a tire fire. Daniels bobbing and weaving at nonexistent strikes still slays me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

isn't all of this what spike TV was founded on?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Endorph posted:

You never go full misogynist.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph posted:

Its first wave of original shows included Striperella, and Ren and Stimpy literally buttfucking each other

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Did anyone ever toxx themselves over the "TNA WILL SHUT DOWN THIS YEAR I GUARANTEE IT" thing?

EugeneJ posted:

Its first wave of original shows included Striperella, and Ren and Stimpy literally buttfucking each other

I seriously doubt they're interested in reliving that particular part of their history.

Angular Landbury fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 20, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCi-fytEQO8

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

A good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flameingblack posted:

If you might want to tell Spike you don't like that TNA employs such a man you could always go here:

http://www.spike.com/about/contact-us

• Locked thread