Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Table For 3: Foochs Thinks A World Title Is Just Around The Corner For These Guys And It's Heartbreaking edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Is it the dean/cesaro/reigns episode already?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Is it the dean/cesaro/reigns episode already?

Close.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want a Shield table for 3 so bad my back teeth are floating.

Also a 3MB.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I saw this and it's why the John Cena open challenge is bullshit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3n1ml6/john_cenas_losses_on_free_tv_in_the_last_10_years/

John Cena has not lost clean by pinfall on free TV in a one-on-one match in the last 2172 days. He has lost clean on Raw 4 times in the last 10 years (excluding one countout). He did not lose a one-on-one match at all on free TV for 494 days between June 6, 2013 to October 13, 2014.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I didn't see that, just Dean, so I thought it was gonna be a SHIELD reunion and now I'm sad :smith:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tezzor posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3n1ml6/john_cenas_losses_on_free_tv_in_the_last_10_years/

John Cena has not lost clean by pinfall on free TV in a one-on-one match in the last 2172 days. He has lost clean on Raw 4 times in the last 10 years (excluding one countout). He did not lose a one-on-one match at all on free TV for 494 days between June 6, 2013 to October 13, 2014.

More people should be booked like John Cena.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Alain Post posted:

More people should be booked like John Cena.
For example, the current WWE Champion, who has been pinned clean as a whistle at least twice on Raw and probably a bunch more times.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman Reigns, too, should not be dropping matches clean on TV if they still want him to be pushed as the top face in the future.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Senerio posted:

According to the trailer, that one is labelled "The Brass Ring"

i do not find the use of irony in the title very funny :argh:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Roman Reigns, too, should not be dropping matches clean on TV if they still want him to be pushed as the top face in the future.
The first time Roman Reigns ate a pin was the climax of that amazing match with the Wyatts.

The second time, and the first in a singles match, was on a random Smackdown against Bog How :cawg:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

St Evan Echoes posted:

The first time Roman Reigns ate a pin was the climax of that amazing match with the Wyatts.

The 11-on-3.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Senerio posted:

The 11-on-3.
Oh poo poo, you're right :(

E: Wait, wasn't that after Elimination Chamber?

E2: No :downs:

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 1, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They even made it a big announcement.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ROMAN REIGNS HAS JUST BEEN PINNED FOR THE FIRST TIME

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

St Evan Echoes posted:

For example, the current WWE Champion, who has been pinned clean as a whistle at least twice on Raw and probably a bunch more times.

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/seth-rollins-3328.html?year=2015&res=2000

John Cena has lost on Raw or Smackdown one-on-one 31 times in the last 10 years. Seth Rollins has lost one-on-one on free TV 11 times since Wrestlemania 31.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The problem is not that John Cena never loses. The problem is that no one else never loses.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I mean, not a lot of people should be booked like a top face other than Cena/Lesnar, but Rollins and Reigns definitely should.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Alain Post posted:

I mean, not a lot of people should be booked like a top face other than Cena/Lesnar, but Rollins and Reigns definitely should.

Rollins shouldn't be booked like a top face, but he should be booked like a top heel.

Like when Triple H was doing the McMahon Helmsley bit, he won by run in and got himself DQed a lot, but he also won lots of matches via shenanigans. Rollins never really cheats, other guys just run in to help him.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

It just seems like WWE forgets that there are finishes that both get heat on your heel and make your babyface look like the better man even though the heel wins. weapon spots, feet on the ropes, etc. WWE just seems like they either want their heels to win clean, which is ok for setup matches but they really shouldn't be doing it too often against top faces, or they want to have heels win via interference, which just pisses off everyone and makes your heel look weak.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

as we all know, wins and losses dont matter

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tezzor posted:

According to profightdb, the Big Show has won 10 matches clean on TV (one was on Main Event!!!) or PPV since January 1. He is facing Brock Lesnar. We are in a post-wins-and-losses world.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Does Cena's merchandise sales really drop if he loses a match clean once in awhile? I thought that was an excuse that was used for him never losing.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Does Cena's merchandise sales really drop if he loses a match clean once in awhile? I thought that was an excuse that was used for him never losing.

The rumor was that the Cena/Owens rematch was booked after Cena's sales dropped like 2% after losing to Owens despite the fact that it boosted Owens sales even more.

Cena Owens and Reigns are the top merch movers IIRC.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cena merch accounts for something ridiculous like 10% of annual revenue.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

crazy to think punk beat his merch sales mid 2011 and they pissed that all away

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Skaw posted:

Gotta feel bad for Heath there, man. The Twitter hype machine building up his appearance, first time on a televised RAW program in god knows how long(last I remember was Rusev when he got pops for using a boxing style on him,) and to top it all of it's a match with John Cena. Then it gets sidelined on a moments notice of a rewrite. I'm glad he can take it the way he does and make jokey joke videos for youtube and the website about it and he's still getting paid. But that has to hurt inside.

Heath jobbed to a dwarf in a bull costume and it was very clear, even around kayfabe, that he thought it was and would be the greatest moment of his life. he's right and it would be of yours, too I doubt very seriously Slater gives a single solitary poo poo about anything involving prestige and is just there to have fun. If he does have any problem with it, it's probably disappointment at not being able to get out there and entertain.

I mean I don't know the man personally, I'm just making guesses based on what little I've heard about him backstage and how earnest he is in kayfabe. But still.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 1, 2015

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

This is probably not anywhere close to accurate. All WWE consumer products combined accounted for 14% of revenue last year.

edit: I know this post is extra 'spergy but I had WWE's latest 10-k close at hand for a college course.

Retromancer fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 1, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

crazy to think punk beat his merch sales mid 2011 and they pissed that all away

thats why they did

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

St Evan Echoes posted:

Table For 3: Foochs Thinks A World Title Is Just Around The Corner For These Guys And It's Heartbreaking edition

Only Dean.

But I will not give up or waver.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Luigi Thirty posted:

On one hand that sounds absurd and made up

On the other, Cena

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
From the Cageside Seats rumor section so take this with a boulder of salt, but uh, this sure is something:

quote:

Here's a super fun rumor: Apparently Big Van Vader has been offered $5000 to do a shoot fight in the US sometime this month.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Luigi Thirty posted:

REVENUE!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Benne posted:

From the Cageside Seats rumor section so take this with a boulder of salt, but uh, this sure is something:

Gotta make Trump look big to keep those poll numbers up.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Niwrad posted:

Basically despite one of his big catchphrases being "Never Give Up," Cena fans absolutely will give up the very moment he loses because kids are amazingly fickle and Cena's appeal is that he's the best and can beat up everyone all the time.

At this point I generally think of the ending of the "Stanley's Cup" episode of South Park whenever this comes up - just with a cancer kid saying "I hate you, John Cena" before passing away.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Oh Snapple! posted:

Basically despite one of his big catchphrases being "Never Give Up," Cena fans absolutely will give up the very moment he loses because kids are amazingly fickle and Cena's appeal is that he's the best and can beat up everyone all the time.

has this ever actually been tested

has Cena ever lost clean to anyone and then spent multiple months building up to a rematch where he finally overcame the odds, and did it impact his merch sales in any way

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

At this point I generally think of the ending of the "Stanley's Cup" episode of South Park whenever this comes up - just with a cancer kid saying "I hate you, John Cena" before passing away.

Just like they gave up on John Cena when he lost to Brock Lesnar.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
John Cena could join ISIS and the babbies would still cheer for him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kid me pretty much gave up on WCW until the final Nitro when Sting lost the belt to Savage (who lost it the next night to Hogan) so WWE is right to be worried that kid fans will go find something else to do, and a different hero to worship.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Luigi Thirty posted:

We are in a post-wins-and-losses world.

Welcome, gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Retromancer posted:

The rumor was that the Cena/Owens rematch was booked after Cena's sales dropped like 2% after losing to Owens despite the fact that it boosted Owens sales even more.

Cena Owens and Reigns are the top merch movers IIRC.

This still pisses me off because it flies in the face of logic. If Cena loses a match to say Big Show and his sales drop, then that would be cause for concern because nobody is going to buy a Big Show shirt. In the case of Owens, though, the sales directly transferred to the guy who won. It's not like Cena shirts turn more profit per shirt. In fact, if Cena only dipped 2% and Owens skyrocketed, they might have made more money by having Cena lose. Having multiple revenue streams is not a problem. The whole scenario just speaks to the myopic view of a company run with an iron fist by a senile steroid abuser.

• Locked thread