Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Wipfmetz posted:

Might be lethal, but surely fun.

The child version of that roller coaster designed to kill you from the G forces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

tech_culture thread gonna love this

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

middle america.jpg

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

reagan posted:

middle america.jpg

do Russians have any sort of equivalent to country music?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

It's an abortion clinic's biowaste chute.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wipfmetz posted:

Might be lethal, but surely fun.

russia.txt

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

etalian posted:

folk music?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

etalian posted:

Not really, though if one would pick generalized musical preference of Russian farmers etc. then it would be chanson. Though, unlike French chanson, which is basically storytelling with music, Russian chanson is mix between French chanson, bard tales, klezmer and thug life. Which basically boils down to criminals, convicts and ex-convicts primitively singing to a simple music with a 'smokers' voice, even if they have to fake that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93SNmcyrio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qtdojkAvnE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rOMX-2wDEc

Also, rock is popular, Soviet rock like Viktor Tsoi in particular.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

tech_culture thread gonna love this

Toddlr is going to disrupt the hell out of the fosselized day care industry with their antiquated standards and regulations.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
Also Funk was really popular back then, not just in Russia, but throughout all the USSR. Welcome to Georgia, 1973: http://youtu.be/nIP8yqIuQiE?t=3m43s

Afro and moustache mandatory.

edit: russian rock in 1969 was endearingly goofy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mhEkbujP-Q

A SWEATY FATBEARD fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 7, 2014

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Something that has just happened in Finland, but for a reason it fits RUSSIA.JPG:

E75 (Nelostie), the main road running through Finland has been closed after a car transport driven by a foreigner crashed his truck under influence. In all likelihood the driver is Russian and the cars were picked from a Finnish port to be delivered to Russia.

I just wish this country was more like Russia so we'd have a dash camera recording of the event :(

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Nenonen posted:

I just wish this country was more like Russia

A thing nobody should ever wish for.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Warning: Not Fit for Russian Consumption

Putrid Water Based Beverage

May Cause Vomitting

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I just came to post, "Da."

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

naem
May 29, 2011

I woke up mildly, pleasantly hung over this morning and scrolled through the last few pages and have to say it all makes a lot more sense in this state

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

naem posted:

pleasantly hung over

That's a thing?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I can confirm that it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

dik-dik posted:

That's a thing?

If you drink like Russian you wake up with a buzz and a cigarette. Or dead. Dead is better but Russian "hangover" is better than being sober in Russia.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

While a bunch of these pictures are simply stupid design (or building stuff without any design) some others show a lot of inventiveness with very limited resources. I like that. It's like the Cuba documentary thing where they repurpose any and all old electronics for the weirdest stuff because they can't get new things.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

syscall girl posted:

If you drink like Russian you wake up with a buzz and a cigarette. Or dead. Dead is better but Russian "hangover" is better than being sober in Russia.

A former Russian flatmate and I drank a litre bottle of birch vodka each after deciding to do "a few" shots. I spent the next day lying on the bathroom floor vomiting approximately every 20 minutes for 7 hours while he went to work like nothing happened.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
Even the birds are wearing adidas.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.
hahahaha

this is loving hilarious but i don't see any cyrillic on anything the shelf :(

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I want a blanket like that.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Carbon dioxide posted:

It's like the Cuba documentary thing where they repurpose any and all old electronics for the weirdest stuff because they can't get new things.

Can you link this

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
This thread is way better when it's hilarious pictures of Russian life instead of staged Putin photo ops.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

d0s posted:

Can you link this

This maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-XS4aueDUg

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
there's so much empty undeveloped space in russia, all of it going to waste (also it's full of russians). someone should move in, settle and develop it. europe is too cramped & it'll alleviate this.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Snowy posted:

I want a blanket like that.

The Meijer by me used to have a little shop at the front where you could get Face Blankets. Every Christmas they'd roll that one that had two twin women and a beagle. All three had matching sweaters and matching dead eyes.

I still kick myself for not buying it.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

I will never leave your side, tovarish frodo

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

So do they just give away those Persian-looking rugs for free with the purchase of a potato? "With potato, you get rug."

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

de_dust posted:

there's so much empty undeveloped space in russia, all of it going to waste (also it's full of russians). someone should move in, settle and develop it. europe is too cramped & it'll alleviate this.

the problem with russia is that, like most of canada, it's a barren cold wasteland and the parts that aren't need to be cleared of human waste before settling

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

de_dust posted:

Last I recall, some German dudes tried that a few years ago, and it just ended up making Russian-ness spread as far west as Berlin!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

de_dust posted:

The Chinese are on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Good to see Strelok settled down after getting out of the Zone.

• Locked thread