Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Pretty good entry. Glad they kept it short and sweet. A lot of exposition but that's better than MORE walking around in the woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
The stupidity of the comments under the credits video makes me thankful the main series has comments turned off. Maybe I'm just watching the wrong videos but these seem way dumber than usual YouTube comments. Are these the people from Unfiction?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Didn't even notice it ended. Crazy as gently caress to think this thread is why I registered. (Or atleast the S1 thread)

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
So, uh...okay. So the ultimate plot was.

-Tim was connected to the Operator some way since he was born, we never find out how or why.
-Tim joined Alex's amateur film and somehow 'infected' the rest of the cast with Operator-presence.
-Alex decided everyone needed to die, but also gave Jay those tapes, while the Operator went around making people go crazy and have blackouts and whatnot.
-Ultimately everyone except maybe Tim and Jennifer died, and for all we know nothing was accomplished save a bunch of people being pointlessly killed because the Operator was an rear end in a top hat who decided to screw up a movie.

I'm not complaining...I just feel like I'm missing something.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Cornwind Evil posted:

The ARK

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

They thanked The Something Awful Forums again in the credits :allears: Also apparently the grouchy old groundskeeper was Tim's dad or uncle or something? That's kind of awesome.

It's... a little weird for MH to finally be over. There's not much entertainment outside of, like, sports and the odd truly great TV series that I've ever followed consistently for 5 years. And certainly none of those ever bought me a game on Steam for being a fan :3: Thanks, dudes; looking forward to whatever THAC does next.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Docjowles posted:

They thanked The Something Awful Forums again in the credits :allears: Also apparently the grouchy old groundskeeper was Tim's dad or uncle or something? That's kind of awesome.

It's... a little weird for MH to finally be over. There's not much entertainment outside of, like, sports and the odd truly great TV series that I've ever followed consistently for 5 years. And certainly none of those ever bought me a game on Steam for being a fan :3: Thanks, dudes; looking forward to whatever THAC does next.

Carl is daddio

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
And now, everyone, TO THE ARBY'S!

(do not actually do this)

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD

Cornwind Evil posted:

So, uh...okay. So the ultimate plot was.

-Tim was connected to the Operator some way since he was born, we never find out how or why.
-Tim joined Alex's amateur film and somehow 'infected' the rest of the cast with Operator-presence.
-Alex decided everyone needed to die, but also gave Jay those tapes, while the Operator went around making people go crazy and have blackouts and whatnot.
-Ultimately everyone except maybe Tim and Jennifer died, and for all we know nothing was accomplished save a bunch of people being pointlessly killed because the Operator was an rear end in a top hat who decided to screw up a movie.

Pretty much this. Were any of the questions like what ToTheArk was all about, the apparent time travel/teleport stuff, the coughing, actually answered or even addressed?

VVV Spoiler that poo poo, man!

A shrubbery! fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Aug 8, 2014

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

A shrubbery! posted:

Pretty much this. Were any of the questions like what ToTheArk was all about, the apparent time travel/teleport stuff, the coughing, actually answered or even addressed?

Slender man is a Spooky Monster who has Spooky Monster Powers

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

ThaGhettoJew posted:

And now, everyone, TO THE ARBY'S!

Oh man that guy... did they bill him in the credits for that season? I wonder if he is aware of his nickname

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
He's baaaaaaack (for this season of American Horror Story).

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=761878833848102

except it's probably not him at all

How's everyone doing?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

fullroundaction posted:

He's baaaaaaack (for this season of American Horror Story).

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=761878833848102

except it's probably not him at all

How's everyone doing?

I saw you posted and was all looking forward to another episode of Marble Beerboyz.

:sigh:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
My girlfriend has been bugging me about shooting a finale. I guess I'll :toxx: myself to have one up by Halloween to make sure it gets done (I've got a few ideas on paper still).

:spooky:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Alex/Joseph is doing a weekly series where he is playing scary games, the first is Five nights at Freddy's : http://youtu.be/9INBHtpaa-s

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
Apparently they released a teaser for the movie (Which is being called "The Operator"):

http://vimeo.com/111943573

It's saying it's been privatized, or that could just be me.

Here's the twitter where they give updates on the movie:

https://www.twitter.com/trumacfilms

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Wasn't expecting to see this thread bumped.

It's not marked private for me but it's literally just the Operator symbol flashing on screen for a second and then a title card.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Docjowles posted:

Wasn't expecting to see this thread bumped.

It's not marked private for me but it's literally just the Operator symbol flashing on screen for a second and then a title card.

Still more exciting then walking in the woods

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Did they ever get to it?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Volume posted:

Did they ever get to it?

Yeah man, there were giraffes and everything

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Hey yeah, they never did explain what the ark was, did they?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I thought it was supposed to be a metaphor for the slenderman nightmare world place.

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I thought it was supposed to be a metaphor for the slenderman nightmare world place.

Yeah, that's the general consensus of what The Ark is suppose to be, the place Tim got transported to once where he saw the guy who got killed by Alex in the tunnel.

To this day though people still think ARK=Alex R. Kralie, even when Jay said on twitter that wasn't the case.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

are you really spoilering things that happened years ago

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Slenda World Peace is my favorite spooky b-ball player.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

The Rokstar posted:

Slenda World Peace is my favorite spooky b-ball player.

Get with the times, now he's pandaman. Or 'the pandaman.' He is loving terrifying, though.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I just went to my nephews birthday, and he got a minecraft toy named "Enderman", which looks like an all-black version of 'ol slendie. It's pretty eerie how far this has come.

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator
Yeah, the enderman is a pretty obvious reference. In the game, endermen teleport around and turn hostile if you look at them.

Also thanks phenom64 for bumping this thread. I'll probably end up regretting this but I'm still looking forward to seeing the movie.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Don't know if it is the case anymore but Notch actually followed the channel at one point before Enderman came out. So that's neat I guess.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Who's Notch?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

thats not "neat"

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
The two girls who stabbed their friend for ol' Slendy were found to be competent to stand trial.

http://us.cnn.com/2014/12/18/us/wisconsin-stabbing-slenderman/index.html?sr=fb121914slenderman8aVODtopLink

ninja: The video on CNN starts with a white-on-black title card which makes me wonder if they're in on it.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GIMMEL posted:

Here we go again, aw yeah. Buckle up boys! :)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

marble hornets is a terrible loving name who came up with that poo poo

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

me. i did. itw as me.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Necros posted:

me. i did. itw as me.

whats a marble hornet. like a hornet made out of marble?

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
stuff like this is why people want to bomb white folk

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

stuff like this is why people want to bomb white folk

why do people bomb not-white folk then.

Also what ever happened to that Doug Jones movie

Necros