Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
The intrigue skills are great in this game. That said, princessing is also important so let's do Internal Affiars and Dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

ViggyNash posted:

Those look pretty normal, until:

-Waifu Simulation
-Doujin (this game isn't even Japanese)
-Spoiled Brat Simulator
-Hella Yuri
-Magical Girl Sim (ok, this can sometimes be accurate)

Yeah. I have a feeling that there will be stupid tags on pretty much every Steam game, but the anime-esque games' tags will be especially stupid. "Loli" is now one of the "top tags" for Long live the Queen

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Internal Affairs and Foreign Intelligence.

Have a file on everybody.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Things like logistics or production seem like silly things for royalty to focus on. There should be a delegation skill we can train. Or make someone else train for us :v:

Anyways, Poison seems like a thing that might come up again. And let's train some big picture poo poo for when we conquor the world; Strategy!

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

We really should get some Public Speaking and Flattery.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Court mannersx2, if we go to court we can't look like an idiot. One moment you ask for wine in a water glass, the next you have a dagger in your back.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

-Waifu Simulation
-Spoiled Brat Simulator
-Hella Yuri
What in the world does Hella Yuri even mean? This game isn't yuri at all. :psyduck:

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009

Poil posted:

What in the world does Hella Yuri even mean? This game isn't yuri at all. :psyduck:

People find subtexts in the most innocuous things.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
2x Foreign Intelligence, then attend court.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Poil posted:

Obviously it's because she's a loli girl with a loli friend and the twist will be that when her friend tells Elodie she's in love with her, Elodie will say, "I'm sorry, but there's someone else." "Who?" "Your mother."

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Do I want to know what these terms mean?

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Military Strategyx2 all the way. We have to show the other countries who's boss.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Dr Pepper posted:

We're trying to be the good kind of monarch, which dedicates themselves to improving the lives of the common people.

I think.

Hell no! I don't know anything about this game, but I am doing my best to create a backstabbing bitch with a façade of caring. Self serving above all else!
Voting presence and court manners once again.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

No. No you don't. Don't Google them. Especially not Yuri or Loli. You will hate yourself for it if you do.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 13, 2014

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

ViggyNash posted:

-Waifu Simulation
-Spoiled Brat Simulator
-Hella Yuri

Nice to see that the tag system is apparently freeform and completely unmoderated. There's potential for some fun there if that's the case.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I can't help but wonder how much longer the poor princess will survive.

MegaZeroX posted:

No. No you don't. Don't Google them. Especially not Yuri or Loli. You will hate yourself for it if you do.
Eh, it's nothing that will cause you to want to ingest bleach ocularly if you avoid the adult crap. If you don't like it just roll your eyes and move on with your life. :)

Poil fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 13, 2014

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

V. Illych L. posted:

Yuri just means lesbians. Don't google loli unless you want to be on a watchlist.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

This lets play got me to buy the game. And on man did my first run go terribly. I pump liked 9 stats to 100, but apparently I picked the wrong stats. I only got two chances to make a skill check against those stats, and both times were stupid small things.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Poil posted:

Eh, it's nothing that will cause you to want to ingest bleach ocularly if you avoid the adult crap. If you don't like it just roll your eyes and move on with your life. :)

Well, I remember a few years back when I Googled "Yuri" to find out what it meant, it had results that were :nws:. This is may not be the case now, but it is better safe than sorry.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 13, 2014

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
All swords, all the time.

(That's swords x2)

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Class Vote

Internal Affairs: 16.9

Foreign Intelligence: 15.2

Strategy: 14.5

All other skills < 10.0

The exact vote statistics can be found here.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm liking the looks of those winning votes.

MegaZeroX posted:

Well, I remember a few years back when I Googled "Yuri" to find out what it meant, it had results were :nws:. This is may not be the case now, but it is better safe than sorry.
That's very true, and I said "if you avoid the adult crap" for that very reason. Back when I first searched it a few years back there wasn't anything nws (besides being manga/anime of course). However I was just looking for pictures of the character Yuri from Red Alert 2 on deviantart out of boredom.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Thank you.

However, I must call for your aid. The Ixionite occupation of the county of Imbrium has gone on for too long. Now is the time to push back.

This is a foreign affairs check, not a foreign intelligence one. The difference is that foreign affairs concerns itself with Nova's interaction with other nations while foreign intelligence doesn't involve Nova at all.

Should we try to negotiate or is time for :hist101:? What classes should Elodie take next week (remember, Elodie's strongest emotion will most likely be depressed).

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 14, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
It's about time we passed a check, though I'm annoyed that foreign intelligence didn't play into that at all. Normally I would want to be cautious since we don't know what's going on there, but this time, lets start a fight.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Negotiate, and Lore X2.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

We can't be a murderqueen if we don't get to murdering :black101:

Prepare for Battle

Also Swords x2 as usual.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Let's Negotiate. poo poo, lets not charge into anything we don't know. We might piss off some of our stronger supporters (we have supporters?) if we just agree to any deal willy-nilly.

Animals x2 for the classes. I'm not giving up on our little terror falcons.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

War! I'm sure it'll be over by Christmas. Also Elodie decides the answer to crippling depression is to go on long rides in the country Horses x2

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Negotiate, I don't trust that slimy looking prick at all.

Internal Affairs times two. Never stop until you know more what's going on with people than they do.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Negotiate.

Also tirelessly study swords all day long just in case negotiations break down.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

We can't be a murderqueen if we don't get to murdering :black101:

Prepare for Battle

Also Swords x2 as usual.

Agreed

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Poil posted:

Internal Affairs times two. Never stop until you know more what's going on with people than they do.
All of this.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Poil posted:

What's the point of all this Intrigue if we don't use it, eh? Can we see the character bios too? Just so we can see how much a slimy git some of these people are.

Since we'll be negotiating with a foreign power, let's train Foreign Intelligence and Internal Affairs.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Prepare for :hist101:

Then go cozy up to the actuaries and learn accounting so we can get to that treasure, and then some nice feminine Archery to relax.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Forgot to put in my vote for Foreign Intelligence and Internal Affairs.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Battle + Archery x 2

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Poil posted:

Do this.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I vote we play this like it was Kings of Dragon Pass - be the single most brutal, rear end backwards collection of people possible who go to war at the drop of a hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Can we see the character bios too? Just so we can see how much a slimy git some of these people are.

The character bios are now shown in the same image as the first dialogue the character appears in. The last let's play did this and I think it looks more natural that way.

• Locked thread