Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

LoG posted:

I signed up for the goon site a few hours ago but still haven't received my authentication email. Did I do something wrong or does it take a while? My forum name is the same as here.

Oh god you are real. You were getting flagged as a spam user over and over. I'll fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Also:

:siren:Register your mans:siren:

http://wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/add-your-characters-to-the-auth.92/

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Kelp Plankton posted:

25 is when you get the ability to use them, at least for the normal ones on vendors. Don't know if this'll be any different.

It's probably just going to effectively be a free hoverboard and just save you the gold cost.

More important question: If I upgrade from standard to deluxe post-launch do I still get the fancy 'board and outfit and junk?

VVV: Medic isn't really 'ranged'. I mean it's not MELEE, but we're talking 10-15 meter telegraphs, so you're kind of right up in the action anyway.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 27, 2014

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

And now I shall be the prettiest princess of them all!

So I am wanting to roll with a ranged class that can dps or heal. Options seem to be Spellslinger, Esper, or Medic. Anyone have any suggestion on which to start with when I can actually play?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.steamhawkegaming.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1785403

New charts! new words! new infoblog!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

what happened to the gun?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Wow that's a terrible graphic.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

dreffen posted:

what happened to the gun?

I'm pretty sure they took it out of this image

and "made" it fit. Making my eyes bleed right now.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

WarLocke posted:

I honestly can't tell whether this is a serious post or not. Something about the word choice...

What's wrong with it? '.'

Soothing Vapors posted:

I got "Kawaii" so I can be the chibi-est, kawaii-est Aurin bishi that ever glomped =^.^=

^__^ What server are you rolling on so we can party together for MORE GLOMPING!!!

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Destoration posted:

I'm pretty sure they took it out of this image.

You are correct. That is unless the gun comes with fingers pre-attached.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Kizurue posted:

Who knew Wildstar would get so grimdark so fast

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Kizurue posted:

Brings new meaning to prying the weapon from someone's cold, dead hands.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

wtfmoses posted:

Oh god you are real. You were getting flagged as a spam user over and over. I'll fix that.

Ha, that was strange. Got the email now and I'm good to go. Thanks!

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

Tensokuu posted:

Brings new meaning to prying the weapon from someone's cold, dead hands.

They could have at least put a lil effort into it

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Destoration posted:

This is fantastic.

RiffRoff
Aug 28, 2012

Strike the earth.
While I appreciate the effort that goes in to running the wildstargoons forum and stuff and I'm going to use it..

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a Geocities page from 1997? Between the color scheme and how mashed together everything feels, I get the late 90s web design vibe from it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RiffRoff posted:

While I appreciate the effort that goes in to running the wildstargoons forum and stuff and I'm going to use it..

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a Geocities page from 1997? Between the color scheme and how mashed together everything feels, I get the late 90s web design vibe from it.

This is good, something new to bicker about. We're making progress!

RiffRoff
Aug 28, 2012

Strike the earth.

Soothing Vapors posted:

This is good, something new to bicker about. We're making progress!

Just trying to change the subject from pvp v pve

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I think the offsite forum's color scheme is the key deciding factor between the success and failure of goon MMO guilds. We should err on the safe side and make a poll.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

RiffRoff posted:

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a Geocities page from 1997?

There's nowhere near enough blinking text or animated .gifs for this to be true. As far as the color scheme goes, though, mess with the AD Styler and Color Options at the bottom and you can find something more pleasing, I suppose.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

RiffRoff posted:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

hey i got it this time

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Destoration posted:

why is there a shield from Skyrim in the background?

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

dreffen posted:

hey i got it this time

wtfmoses fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 27, 2014

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
And why did they go with a smooth rear end font for a thread about tanking?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lakedaimon posted:

why is there a shield from Skyrim in the background?

because

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

wait wait wait I GOT IT

oh wait i hosed up im sorry

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Haven't seen it mentioned, but new Nvidia drivers are out including a Wildstar profile :toot:

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

dreffen posted:

wait wait wait I GOT IT

oh wait i hosed up im sorry

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Because my friends are the worst human beings on the planet I will apparently be playing this, but my couple hours of poking around in beta really didn't leave me with a great sense of which class I want to go for so I am seeking input; I want to be high mobility and am more interested in PvP than PvE performance. Basically I want to be a frost mage again only in a game better than WoW. It looks like Spellslinger is the go-to, but I was seriously underwhelmed as of like level 10; do more movement powers open up later or can they get some way to increase the distance their teleport covers/decrease the cooldown? The few videos I've watched make it look borderline impossible to maintain distance and didn't show off any remotely interesting offensive abilities but I'm prepared to believe that's just because people who make videos of games pre-release are always terrible.

Other candidates are Stalker and Warrior, because if there's anything more fun than moving better it's moving other people around to places they don't want to be. How effective is/what's the cooldown on that grapple skill they like to show off for warriors? Does the Stalker's tether mine trump a Spellslinger teleport, or does it just prevent regular walking? Words about these and any related matters it hasn't occurred to me to ask about would be greatly appreciated.

More fighting game gifs would also help.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Kizurue posted:

And now I shall be the prettiest princess of them all!

So I am wanting to roll with a ranged class that can dps or heal. Options seem to be Spellslinger, Esper, or Medic. Anyone have any suggestion on which to start with when I can actually play?

I played healer-medic during beta and I don't recommend it. The only times the class felt unique to me were the times where it pissed me off. That said, some goons in this thread really enjoyed medic dps.

Out of my friends who tried the game, the one who liked it picked Esper, so maybe that?

FallenSystm
Feb 9, 2005

"Full of Fish?"
Making a second post. I feel like all the Aurin anger is being taken out on me! Goon site worked fine before this so called "fix" and now I have tried everything to my knowledge and cannot get the website to load. I can access it on my phone but let's be serious... what's the point of having two monitors if I can't be reading all the petty man child arguments, I mean fantastic posts and ideas about the servers we should play on and our goals to dominate both PvE and PvP.

Error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Dumped cache, then dumped all internet history, rebooted router. I am at a loss, I have never seen this issue before.

Please wtfmoses, let me into the club. I promise to bring man child arguments, and support them with Everquest logic!

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

RiffRoff posted:

Please submit your suggestions for revisions by Wednesday. Then we can have a poll and :suicide:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

RiffRoff posted:

So basically it's every 'guild website/forums' ever?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

FallenSystm posted:

Making a second post. I feel like all the Aurin anger is being taken out on me! Goon site worked fine before this so called "fix" and now I have tried everything to my knowledge and cannot get the website to load. I can access it on my phone but let's be serious... what's the point of having two monitors if I can't be reading all the petty man child arguments, I mean fantastic posts and ideas about the servers we should play on and our goals to dominate both PvE and PvP.

Dumped cache, then dumped all internet history, rebooted router. I am at a loss, I have never seen this issue before.

Please wtfmoses, let me into the club. I promise to bring man child arguments, and support them with Everquest logic!
I think it's whoever you're using as your DNS server that's causing the issue. I can't get to the page at work but I can through my home internet which leads me to think that my ISP's DNS servers at home are updating faster than the ones I use at work. You could try using Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) to see if it helps at all?

Applebomb
Mar 15, 2011

No really, Apples can't swim.
During beta I built a skatepark in my house plot. Now that's it is what it is, I thought I'd share it with ya'll.

enjoi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPe4C0kVSuE

Jargon
Apr 22, 2003

PvP servers are just like PvE servers except with more opportunities for trolling and gooning around, that's literally the only difference.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

FallenSystm posted:

Humor me and try a different browser. If that doesn't work check your DNS settings or get on IRC so we can help.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
What are the guest passes that come with this? A way to try it for free? I'm pretty interested in this game but I really need a demo that I can try, also to see if it'll work on my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I'm pretty sure that the main reason people wanted to play on PvP servers is that they allow you to do all of the game content at the same time. The group of people playing on the PvP server absolutely will be doing endgame PvE content, we just also want to be able to do world PvP in addition to instanced PvP.

Darth Windu posted:

What are the guest passes that come with this? A way to try it for free? I'm pretty interested in this game but I really need a demo that I can try, also to see if it'll work on my computer.
Those of us who pre-ordered each get a couple of guest passes we can give out but I think we'll probably have to wait till the actual launch for that (June 2nd).

• Locked thread