Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Radio! posted:

Who is Koi Boy in this scenario? I would say Hunter, but we've already established he's Kinda Hawkeye.

Well Donnie boy is currently swimming with the fishes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopRocks
Jul 4, 2003

WTF am I reading?

Blazing Ownager posted:

Did you miss the episode?

Jemma lets him out, he kills a bunch of inhumans, then we don't see him again.

...Oh, I read "out" as "out of the picture" as in dead. Perhaps "out" was meant as in released? I misread the pronoun him as referring to Ward and not Lash. I don't see the focus next spring being hunting Lash instead of Ward.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PopRocks posted:

Jemma let's him out, he kills a bunch of inhumans, then we don't see him again.

...Oh, I read "out" as "out of the picture" as in dead. Perhaps "out" was meant as in released? I misread the pronoun him as referring to Ward and not Lash. I don't see the focus next spring being hunting Lash instead of Ward.

They don't know Ward is still around.

Lash isn't going to fill the rest of the season but he'll likely be their immediate concern when it comes back.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Rurea posted:

Slowly crushing someones sternum with your robo-hand is pretty far away from a mercy killing. A bullet to the head would have sufficed.
Oh. I thought the last of the bullets were used on Will/It to keep it from getting to the stargate.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well Lash may not be an incredibly immediate concern. He wants to kill inhumans but he'll have a hell of a time tracking them down now without an in at Shield or his other inhuman lackey or the ATCU inadvertently spring a stockpile for him.

From now, Shield will have a really good shot at reaching awakened inhumans first.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Speaking of gooey inhuman corpses, they seemed to make a big deal of showing their names a few times. Did you comic book nerds recognize any of the names, were any of them significant?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I'm calling it now: Lash will be the one who kills Zombie-Ward in the end.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And then he;ll be perfectly fine because he was destined to kill that particular inhuman and he's just been getting confused.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Nah, he was killing other inhumans as a way to suck their power because he needs that power to defeat the hydra god. And then SHIELD will have the classic moral dilemma of "should we tolerate the murder of a few inhumans if the goal is to prevent the desolation of our planet?"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

enraged_camel posted:

Nah, he was killing other inhumans as a way to suck their power because he needs that power to defeat the hydra god. And then SHIELD will have the classic moral dilemma of "should we tolerate the murder of a few inhumans if the goal is to prevent the desolation of our planet?"

Now thanks to your av, I'm imagining Lash doing Jack Nicholson's big speech from the end of A Few Good Men.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

halwain posted:

Hydra God is going to posess Lash.

enraged_camel posted:

I'm calling it now: Lash will be the one who kills Zombie-Ward in the end.

Lash is gonna be the only thing that can stop the Hydra Godmonster.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Everyone who came back was possessed by the kraken. Even the robot hand. Especially the robot hand. :tinfoil:

edit: the robot hand is actually the one in control and ward is the puppet that carries it.

Coulson had to walk by the Hive or whatever it is, the timing just doesn't add up. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Lash is gonna be the only thing that can stop the Hydra Godmonster.

I thought all it would take would be to somehow burn Ward-copse-suit (what Fitz did with Will) and then just step on the slug that comes out (what Fitz didn't do).

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

counterfeitsaint posted:

Speaking of gooey inhuman corpses, they seemed to make a big deal of showing their names a few times. Did you comic book nerds recognize any of the names, were any of them significant?

Nothing obvious. V. Ramirez could be a reference to Magda Ramirez, she was a mutant in a Cable comic with a plotline about being sentenced to death for superhuman crimes or something. In the end she willingly let herself be executed for a greater good of some sort.

R. Gray could be referencing Mary Gray, she was a superpowered person, I think mutant, that worked for the FBI and didn't trust other superpowered people.

If they are significant it's very vague, but then it was a very deliberate close up. Possibly they were characters at one time considered for the show? They are very much in the shows wheelhouse.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Hydragod is going to do his thing with them and we'll get undead Hydra Power Rangers VS Shield Power Rangers?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Vitamin P posted:

Nothing obvious. V. Ramirez could be a reference to Magda Ramirez, she was a mutant in a Cable comic with a plotline about being sentenced to death for superhuman crimes or something. In the end she willingly let herself be executed for a greater good of some sort.

R. Gray could be referencing Mary Gray, she was a superpowered person, I think mutant, that worked for the FBI and didn't trust other superpowered people.

If they are significant it's very vague, but then it was a very deliberate close up. Possibly they were characters at one time considered for the show? They are very much in the shows wheelhouse.

Maybe viewers who won a contest?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vitamin P posted:

Are they people who worked on Marvel stuff that ties into the episode? Like helping create HYDRA, or S.H.I.E.L.D. or Lash or Inhumans or something like that? They apparently had quite a few easter eggs like that in Jessica Jones...

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

Are they people who worked on Marvel stuff that ties into the episode? Like helping create HYDRA, or S.H.I.E.L.D. or Lash or Inhumans or something like that? They apparently had quite a few easter eggs like that in Jessica Jones...

Nothing I know off the top of my head. I think Bendis got a mention in Daredevil and didn't Byrne get a mention in Jessica Jones?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

notthegoatseguy posted:

Nothing I know off the top of my head. I think Bendis got a mention in Daredevil and didn't Byrne get a mention in Jessica Jones?

According to this video:
Simpson's first name was changed to Will, the artist for Alias.
The bus driver is Charles Wallace, an Inker for Marvel.
Yost Cafe is a sign in the background. Christopher Yost is Marvel Comic, TV, and Film writer.
Some of the names on the list at the morgue are the names of editors who worked on Jessica Jones comics.
Higgens street is either John or Michael Higgens, both Marvel artists.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Calling it that Andrew's/Lash's split personality will allow him to kill himself after The Beast possess him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My favorite part is still how Andrew convinced her to let him out.

"I know we haven't seen eye to eye on inhumans!"

Yes, for instance Jemma is coming to acceptance through understanding her teammates and Andrew murders and dismembers them at any chance he gets.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Yes, for instance Jemma is coming to acceptance through understanding her teammates and Andrew murders and dismembers them at any chance he gets.

The whole exchange was excellent between that and Gemma's scolding

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Chokes McGee posted:

In season 2 Jemma was the one who seemed to want to kill the Inhumans for the good of humanity so I can believe she'd be able to forgive herself for releasing noted Inhuman killer Lash.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Oasx posted:

The #standwithward hashtag has some really weird people
It must be a strange experience as an actor.

Grant "I killed her just to hurt you" Ward sure is a victim, yessir.

Kheldarn posted:

Interesting. So, the look could have been, "I saw you murder a guy, you saw me murder a guy. SecretMurderBuddies."...

Now I want a Coulson/Fitz spinoff sitcom called Secret Murder Buddies where they go murder people and farcically keep it away from SHIELD via wacky antics.

*BANG*
"Another one, Fitz? Really?"
"I'll get the tarp."
(laugh track)

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

AbstractNapper posted:

I thought all it would take would be to somehow burn Ward-copse-suit (what Fitz did with Will) and then just step on the slug that comes out (what Fitz didn't do).

I'm thinking that Corpse-ward will be less corpsey than corpse-Will. Corpse Will was alone on a desert planet, corpse Ward is going to get the best superhero comic medical care an undead husk can get.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Has the Chairman even had any lines yet? I feel like the show is gonna waste Mark Dacascos on him getting killed soon...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Has the Chairman even had any lines yet? I feel like the show is gonna waste Mark Dacascos on him getting killed soon...

Yeah, he had, like, 2, in the last episode. He wanted to de-goo the Inhumans, and Malick told him no.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know why people keep thinking that Coulson/Fitz thing at the end was because of "murder." I don't know if what either of them did even qualifies as murder, even with the extra brutality thrown in. Killing Ward was the mission, and that's pretty close to sanctioned wet work and every single person there, as mentioned, was behind that. Now telling Jemma that you set fire to Will might be rough except... it wasn't Will, it was an alien parasite using Will's rotting to the bone carcass as a puppet (he apparently died when he went hunting the thing with a single bullet?), so honestly, I can't see her hating Fitz for that either.

While it'll take some time to explain neither one of them did anything that would need to be hidden, even remotely, from the team at large.

PopRocks posted:

Jemma lets him out, he kills a bunch of inhumans, then we don't see him again.

Ah, I see the confusion. Yeah. They meant "out" as in "out in the world."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I didn't read it as Fitz having a problem with Coulson killing Ward, just the sheer brutality of it. That was hosed up.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There's a big difference between capping a guy in the head and looking him in his eyes as you compress his ribcage into his lungs. The latter is disturbing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

(he apparently died when he went hunting the thing with a single bullet?), so honestly, I can't see her hating Fitz for that either.

No. It said it killed Will when Jemma was escaping.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sticklefifer posted:

Now I want a Coulson/Fitz spinoff sitcom called Secret Murder Buddies where they go murder people and farcically keep it away from SHIELD via wacky antics.

*BANG*
"Another one, Fitz? Really?"
"I'll get the tarp."
(laugh track)

"I'll call Damage Control"
(laugh track)

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Blazing Ownager posted:

While it'll take some time to explain neither one of them did anything that would need to be hidden, even remotely, from the team at large.

Fitz will probably not want Jemma to know about Will, because it's not just "he was already dead and I lit his possessed corpse on fire", it's "he was already dead and he died saving you". It will be hard on Jemma for sure.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Phylodox posted:

I didn't read it as Fitz having a problem with Coulson killing Ward, just the sheer brutality of it. That was hosed up.

I think it was a combination of things in line with that.

It was an execution, it was a brutal one, and it was one that threatened the safety of both Fitz and Coulson because they were running out of time to get to the portal.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm almost certain Fitz will deliver some variation on a "You didn't kill Ward! You executed him!" line.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You know, there is a small but nonzero chance that Ward can recover from all of this and remain on the show after they've destroyed the parasite monster.

Because Comic Books.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why didn't the Hydra god wait until it was through the portal to reveal itself

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

nooneofconsequence posted:

because when will evil ever pass up a chance to monologue?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I think it was going to take Fitz and leave the dead Will body behind. Maybe you need to be alive to cross the portal? No, that wouldn't make sense, Ward came back.

Maybe it could only switch bodies on the other side of the portal.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Phylodox posted:

I'm almost certain Fitz will deliver some variation on a "You didn't kill Ward! You executed him!" line.

"And that was my job!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Fitz started messing with it's leg.

• Locked thread