Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Still not the worst TNA belt and the one that they are all judged on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i really miss the all night express you guys

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kenny King is a lovely Cedric

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

The CM Punk belt

wrong colors

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

man imagine the tag division right now but also with ANX

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA's already being sued by Bischoff and Bischoff so unless their legal team is paid in boxes of old, unsold Bully Ray merch, I can't see them juggling two lawsuits and maybe a bankruptcy hearing in the fall.

e: have we talked about the terrible new X-Division belt yet?

It's a worse version of the 98-09 Intercontinental belt.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
why is there a new belt

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Spermgod posted:

why is there a new belt

They love burning money.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

bobkatt013 posted:

Still not the worst TNA belt and the one that they are all judged on

It would have worked if the Star Platinum was TNA's champion.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

It would have worked if the Star Platinum was TNA's champion.

JoJo Hardy.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I have a weird respect for any wrestler who can fleece a money mark like Dixie.

I mean, Jeff did get TNA to foot the bill for his crazy title... right? Or did he pay for it out of pocket like a mark.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

PWInsider is reporting that the new Slammiversary main event won't be for the world title, haha

quote:

TNA changed the planned Slammiversary PPV main event of Kurt Angle vs. EC3 from that night to the 7/1 episode of Impact Wrestling (which is titled "Bell to Bell") as there was no way for the company to conceivably tape episodes that would air after the PPV without spoiling their plans. The company is working on plans for a new main event, but it won't have the TNA title on the line.

http://pwinsider.com/article/94446/why-tna-changed-slammiversary-main-event-and-more-tna-news-and-notes.html?p=1

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

tna loving sucks

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Did we? Did we really?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Josh Matthews mostly likely doesn't know what the KOTM is.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oh my god I'm so happy.

It's back.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

What is the stip on King of the Mountain? I don't even remember.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

purkey posted:

The rules are really quite simple.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

purkey posted:

Ok, so it's really quite simple.

It's a reverse ladder match, so you have to climb a ladder to hang a title belt in order to win.

But in order to be eligible to hang the title belt you have to score a pinfall or submission.

If you're pinned or forced to submit, you get put in a penalty box for like 2 minutes.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

purkey posted:

Five men enter, they have a five man match. First man to score a pin or a submission gets to start the reverse ladder match where he has to hang up the title belt to win the title belt. The Guy who got pinned or submitted has to sit in the penalty box for like two minutes or something. You can only hang up the belt if you got a pin/submission over the other guy.

It's overcomplicated nonsense that usually ends up being made even more daft by getting overbooked to gently caress. It's going to be the first time I watch TNA since Aries looked like he was winning that tournament. Proper car crash telly.

Edit: Beaten

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Great White Hope posted:

Ok, so it's really quite simple.

It's a reverse ladder match, so you have to climb a ladder to hang a title belt in order to win.

But in order to be eligible to hang the title belt you have to score a pinfall or submission.

If you're pinned or forced to submit, you get put in a penalty box for like 2 minutes.

OK, I remember that now it was as bad as the rules made it seem. Wait... the title isn't on the line though. Tag title King of the Mountain? X-Division?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

They've done that before, they should do a reverse casket match or inferno match instead if they want to try something new.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Thauros posted:

They've done that before, they should do a reverse casket match or inferno match instead if they want to try something new.

Reverse cage match. All the matches happen outside the ring while the crowd is locked in a cage inside the ring and forced to watch.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Gonzo McFee posted:

Reverse cage match. All the matches happen outside the ring while the crowd is locked in a cage inside the ring and forced to watch.

But is the ring big enough to hold 50 people at once?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Thauros posted:

My dude....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOIeTZf1Ww

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

okay nevermind I want to go to Slammiversary again

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Wow they've done 8 KOTM matches? I thought it was just a goofy stip Double J came up with for a couple matches.

Mick Foley was in one!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Wow they've done 8 KOTM matches? I thought it was just a goofy stip Double J came up with for a couple matches.

Mick Foley was in one!

That one ended with Samoa Joe joining the Main Event Mafia after an angle where he killed Main Event Mafia member Scott Steiner with a sword out of revenge for the Mafia beating him up.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Man, I was hoping that when TNA brought back the King of the Mountain match, they would combine it with the Reverse Battle Royal. As in, the entire roster starts on the outside until 5 men slowly make it into the ring to start the KotM part, except that you have to throw people over the top rope to be eligible to hang up the title, and you get eliminated after you have been thrown over the top rope 3 times.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA's already being sued by Bischoff and Bischoff so unless their legal team is paid in boxes of old, unsold Bully Ray merch, I can't see them juggling two lawsuits and maybe a bankruptcy hearing in the fall.

e: have we talked about the terrible new X-Division belt yet?

The DX-Division belt.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
A reverse Royal Rumble. Everyone starts in the ring and every 90 seconds a name is drawn out of the hat and that person has to survive for 30 seconds in order to stay in the match. Whoever eliminates that person who has their name drawn in that 30 second survival wins 3 points. Whoever has the most points by the end of the match wins.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

According to prowrestling.net, a TNA performer had reached out to the site noting that they were frustrated over the company showing off a new X Division Title belt because TNA was behind on paying talent. The same source also stated that employees of the company are paid on time, but the independent contracts (wrestlers and production) fall victim to the late pay. The feeling is that talent will receive checks this week, due to the fact that they have TV tapings and a PPV coming up.

Prowrestling.net clarifies that the X Division Title belt is not a new one. It is the one they already had with a new paint job. TNA has not commented on the latest allegations of pay being late.

Next show is the June 24 TV taping

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That's exactly what happened last time. They were late on pay, but made sure to issue checks on Taping Day so production and the wrestlers wouldn't walk off. This actually may be their business model at this point -- leave the paycheque money in the bank earning interest unless you absolutely have to pay the employees.

edit: rovert, you can have this one for free

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 16, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Next show is the June 24 TV taping

Jesus loving christ

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

lmao, see? the rules are simple.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

super macho dude posted:

lmao, see? the rules are simple.

That is as simple as the adjective, "play".

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Two things: One, a page ago someone asked about King Mo. He talked about TNA as recently as February and according to him he's still on a PPA deal, TNA just hasn't called him in a very long time about appearances. For some reason they're keeping the King Mo card in their pockets.

Also I wish I could say I was surprised that Slammiversary is going to be just as pointless as BFG. I wish so hard. Jesus, I know you've all probably heard about how the product is better than it has been in a very long time, but it's things like this that brought TNA to this point. The loving incompetent management.

EDIT: Also jesus KotM again, really? Goddamn. The only decent gimmick matches TNA ever came up with are Ult X and maybe Elevation X (and the most recent Ultimate X match was won when the babyfaces USED A LADDER, sure)

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/610934460918292480

KOTM ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe or WWE's killing all their gimmick matches by making them monthly PPVs

• Locked thread