Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is your 7th-round pick?
Pro Bowler
Future Hall of Famer
Gets the key to every city in America
Future President of the Universe
View Results

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

I like him a lot too. Is he still with the buccs?

Sadly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ross Angeles posted:

Please don't hope for Parm to be in a car crash

Parm probably has recurring nightmares about hanging off a building and only tinyhands is there to save him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHHB00Nu3Ak

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Metapod posted:

I know you hate alex smith but it is actually not a bad thing to be like him

Seeing as Alex Smith sucked loving rear end for like 10 years, you better hope Mariota isn't like him.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chromatic posted:

finefinefine.

At the very least, Parm should be glad that this is probably going to be Alex Smith's last year of goodwill with the media and the fans. A lot of casual, happy-go-lucky fans I know started to get a whiff of doubt last year especially after that pathetic 2 minute drill against Arizona where he threw nothing but 3 yard dump offs that were smothered.

He's got an upgraded o-line, probably the best receiving group he's ever had and the best ground game he's ever had. Seriously. Charles, Maclin, and Kelce are better than Gore, Davis, and Crabtree. So if he continues to put up safe Alex Smith numbers, I can see a huge part of the fanbase and media getting antsy and starting to turn on him.

He's out of excuses.

Unfortunate, because he can't be cut until 2017 season. I mean, I guess he could be a post June 1, but the reality is he is the QB for at least 2, probably 3 more years, even if he's bad.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Matt Ryan: "Get your loving mind right"

https://vid.me/4HhW

Matt Ryan: "We didn't fuckin' score many touchdowns, we got 2. Alright, so if you're content with this poo poo... that's not right"

https://vid.me/hyGx

I can tell he's not acting, because it's really obvious when he's being fed lines.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 3, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The pontificating over training camp fights by the media every year is hilarious. People engaging in physical contests with each other sometimes get angry, how shocking!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol cowboys twitter was suspended for some reason.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

NC-17 posted:

The pontificating over training camp fights by the media every year is hilarious. People engaging in physical contests with each other sometimes get angry, how shocking!

How often do fights happen in actual NFL games?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brannock posted:

How often do fights happen in actual NFL games?

Handful a season, but training camp fights happen at most camps every year. It's not really a big deal that a guy takes a swing at another guy, just how the players and team responds to that happening.

For example, here's the Packers having three fights in one practice back in 2013 being relegated to the 2nd half of a training camp report: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/0ap2000000227457/Players-getting-chippy-at-Packers-camp

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 3, 2015

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

But you break one guys nose who's making gay advances on you and suddenly you get suspended smdh

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brandon Weeden quote: “God forbid I am forced to play,”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Brandon Weeden quote: “God forbid I am forced to play,”

Weedman knows what the fucks up.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Clay Matthews missed practice for some reason and was only briefly seen on the field but with no pads on.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Cards fans (and Falcons fans, I guess)

Sean Weatherspoon leaves camp with Hamstring Injury

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Matthews out with "knee soreness" and unfortunately a rookie WR Coxson left the field on Saturday in an ambulance with a really bad concussion.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Panthers DT Star Lotulelei left practice with a sore foot. Same one he had surgery on.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Panthers DT Star Lotulelei left practice with a sore foot. Same one he had surgery on.

Max Henson
‏@PanthersMax
Rivera said Star's right foot is sore. He left practice early.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chromatic posted:

finefinefine.

At the very least, Parm should be glad that this is probably going to be Alex Smith's last year of goodwill with the media and the fans. A lot of casual, happy-go-lucky fans I know started to get a whiff of doubt last year especially after that pathetic 2 minute drill against Arizona where he threw nothing but 3 yard dump offs that were smothered.

He's got an upgraded o-line, probably the best receiving group he's ever had and the best ground game he's ever had. Seriously. Charles, Maclin, and Kelce are better than Gore, Davis, and Crabtree. So if he continues to put up safe Alex Smith numbers, I can see a huge part of the fanbase and media getting antsy and starting to turn on him.

He's out of excuses.

The part that most Chiefs fans should apologize for is saying we can't believe we're getting San Francisco's cast-off garbage while they keep the talented young real quarterback.

I'm sorry. It could be worse, they could have traded us Kaepernick.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chromatic posted:

finefinefine.

He's out of excuses.

We are definitely in agreement here! If he can't hit 3500 yards and 25+ TDs, he's not worth starting

kiimo posted:

The part that most Chiefs fans should apologize for is saying we can't believe we're getting San Francisco's cast-off garbage while they keep the talented young real quarterback.

Kaep is better than Smith and didn't take two seconds so we got the worst of it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

We are definitely in agreement here! If he can't hit 3500 yards and 25+ TDs, he's not worth starting

Kaep is better than Smith and didn't take two seconds so we got the worst of it.

3500 and 25+? Are there QB's that don't hit this? That's less than 2 TD's/game.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Well, let me introduce you to one

<-----------

Also, Marcus Peters got three picks and four breakups today. Looks awesome!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs are on Inside Training Camp right now.

e: they're making GBS threads on Alex Smith, Parm this segment is for you.

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 3, 2015

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Guess the last time a Chiefs WR caught a TD.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WHOOPS posted:

Guess the last time a Chiefs WR caught a TD.

In the playoffs!

:smith:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Parmesan Basil posted:

You literally think Manziel and Hundley are better than Smith so why should anyone listen to you

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Max Henson
‏@PanthersMax
Rivera said Star's right foot is sore. He left practice early.

Congrats on your player with bad feet. Can't be a good sign for a 320lb man.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

You literally think Manziel and Hundley are better than Smith so why should anyone listen to you

In a stable environment, sure. If you don't rush young QBs out onto the field with a bad team around them, things go a lot better. Geno would probably have been a lot better as a Chief if he sat for a year or two and learned instead of getting tossed into the game because of bad decisions.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
So you'd rather KC had drafted Geno Smith, who is terrible, and sat him behind........_________ QB to develop into a star while the primes of guys like Charles, Hali, DJ, etc. are wasted. Don't say Kyle Orton, he'd rather be a backup than a starter as his time in Dallas showed. Tyler Bray?

Geno Smith would be on nearly as bad of an offense in KC two years ago as he was in NYJ. The only difference is Jamaal Charles and a better OL in NYJ, both teams were very thin and terrible at pass catchers.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

kiimo posted:

Of course it could be a lot worse. A bigger and bigger part of me just thinks that this franchise isn't going to get a deep run in the playoffs with AS at the helm.

I hope he proves me wrong and does great.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

So you'd rather KC had drafted Geno Smith, who is terrible, and sat him behind........_________ QB to develop into a star while the primes of guys like Charles, Hali, DJ, etc. are wasted. Don't say Kyle Orton, he'd rather be a backup than a starter as his time in Dallas showed. Tyler Bray?

Geno Smith would be on nearly as bad of an offense in KC two years ago as he was in NYJ. The only difference is Jamaal Charles and a better OL in NYJ, both teams were very thin and terrible at pass catchers.

Maybe Geno would have flourished under Reid, as he's better able to relate to grown men of Geno's culture.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

Ereck Flowers on the side not practicing. Working with trainer #Giants

We will never have a good O-line again. That was the Faustian bargain for the Superbowls.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Alex Smith is already wasting everyone's prime so I'd rather take a chance and fail than trade two seconds for a dude who has never gone over 3300 yards passing. Orton would have also probably stayed and started for two years if given the chance too.

Also, you are totally underselling the difference between us and the Jets. We have a better D, a better front office, a better coach, better assistants and our receivers last year were better as a whole. Geno would have had every chance to flourish here. Alex Smith got all that and he still struggles.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeez I was kidding about Kaep.

Anyway this guy will be starting very shortly.

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/12759/the-play-of-cb-marcus-peters-is-very-encouraging-to-chiefs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Also, you are totally underselling the difference between us and the Jets. We have a better D, a better front office, a better coach, better assistants and our receivers last year were better as a whole. Geno would have had every chance to flourish here. Alex Smith got all that and he still struggles.

Lol no. Decker alone is better than every chiefs receiver combined last year

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Parm part of the problem is you think the Chiefs have this amazing roster ready to win a Super bowl, with a garbage rear end QB destroying the team. the actual truth is we have a slightly above-avg roster lead by an average QB which has resulted in two winning seasons and a trip to the playoffs. It's not as interesting of a storyline so I get your gimmick, and I'd love to swap Smith with Aaron Rodgers, just like you, but that's not gonna happen.

Smith has a 3.15 TD to INT ratio while he's been in KC, throwing to a terrible group of receivers behind a line that is very bad at protecting him. He also averages 300 yards a season rushing, which is a nice bonus.

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 3, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What we should really never forget or forgive is passing on Russell Wilson for right loving tackle Donald Stephenson, who by the way is already making GBS threads up camp again.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Metapod posted:

Lol no. Decker alone is better than every chiefs receiver combined last year

They had such awesome receivers that's why they caught so many touchdowns last season.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Pron on VHS posted:

Parm part of the problem is you think the Chiefs have this amazing roster ready to win a Super bowl, with a garbage rear end QB destroying the team. the actual truth is we have a slightly above-avg roster lead by an average QB which has resulted in two winning seasons and a trip to the playoffs. It's not as interesting of a storyline so I get your gimmick, and I'd love to swap Smith with Aaron Rodgers, just like you, but that's not gonna happen.

Smith has a 3.15 TD to INT ratio while he's been in KC, throwing to a terrible group of receivers behind a line that is very bad at protecting him. He also averages 300 yards a season rushing, which is a nice bonus.

Alex Smith was 30 of 46, 378 yards and 4 TDs in his one KC playoff appearance. In his three career playoff games, he has 9 TDs and NO Ints and a QBR never below 100. He's an average QB who has elevated his game in the postseason in his limited opportunities. He's fine, you should probably stop trying to debate PB about Smith but you're a grown rear end man, whatevs.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I'm still growing muscle-wise but you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN