Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Arghhh, our crappy postal service were apparently unable to deliver my New 3DS Ambassador edition (I have no idea why), so it has been sent back to Germany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
Here are some monster hunter NA codes. Enjoy!

A0704FLE17YMBKG7
A070YLD42W84RJBH
A07032Y91PRBR4EW

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Krazee Eyez Killa posted:

Here are some monster hunter NA codes. Enjoy!

A0704FLE17YMBKG7
A070YLD42W84RJBH
A07032Y91PRBR4EW

Grabbed this one. Thank you!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Alteisen posted:

Tried the MH demo again, when you guys said lock on I figured it was a traditional lock on that tracks, this doesn't, at the very least it rotates the camera, but I still find myself struggling with the controls and wrestling with the camera to much. Then again if it did have a tracking lock on then I figure that would remove "challenge" as I guess your character moving with the grace of a paraplegic elephant is par for the course for this series.

Actually when you learn the monster tells, you can dodge even if the camera isn't facing right at them. While camera controls have been an afterthought in the MH games (THE CLAW), they're not nearly as bad as you're making them out to be since you can just tap L at any time and the camera will center on the monster.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Had a few minutes waiting for my ride home and played a bit more of the MH4U demo and uh... Holy poo poo, the insect glaive is amazing. Maybe my new main.

Yeah, it's really drat good especially when you get used to grabbing the essences without using the marker (don't use the loving marker).

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Get ready for some Monster Hunter 4 codes.

A070R9QH1GMSHYU3
A071643R0FK184GN

I'll post more later when I'm not at work.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Had a few minutes waiting for my ride home and played a bit more of the MH4U demo and uh... Holy poo poo, the insect glaive is amazing. Maybe my new main.

I've been playing with the Charge Axe. I was pretty much all Long Sword all the time in 3G, but I really like the Charge Axe a lot. It's a lot less of a hassle to get into your "super mode" with it, and it seems like it's probably a little safer for other players around me :shobon:

It's also anime as gently caress, which I appreciate.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Tried the MH demo again, when you guys said lock on I figured it was a traditional lock on that tracks, this doesn't, at the very least it rotates the camera, but I still find myself struggling with the controls and wrestling with the camera to much. Then again if it did have a tracking lock on then I figure that would remove "challenge" as I guess your character moving with the grace of a paraplegic elephant is par for the course for this series.

Have you ever played one of the monhun clones that have true lock on? It's actually way more of a hindrance than it is helpful

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

So, could I theoretically transfer things to my micro SD card, continue to use it in my Old 3DS XL with the SD adapter, then simply pull out the micro the day my New 3DS arrives, do a system transfer, and plug the card in?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

dragon enthusiast posted:

Have you ever played one of the monhun clones that have true lock on? It's actually way more of a hindrance than it is helpful
It's pretty awesome in Toukiden, at least if you're using a bow or kusarigama.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fryhtaning posted:

So, could I theoretically transfer things to my micro SD card, continue to use it in my Old 3DS XL with the SD adapter, then simply pull out the micro the day my New 3DS arrives, do a system transfer, and plug the card in?

Yes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bring N3DS to America, etc. etc.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Well poo poo, I'm sitting at 345 Club coins so now I have to choose between Wario Land II (200 coins) and Donkey Kong (150 coins) :(

There's no way for me to pick up a few extra coins to bump me over 350, is there?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Karthe posted:

Well poo poo, I'm sitting at 345 Club coins so now I have to choose between Wario Land II (200 coins) and Donkey Kong (150 coins) :(

There's no way for me to pick up a few extra coins to bump me over 350, is there?
Buy more Nintendo games.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Buy more Nintendo games.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Karthe posted:

Wait for February when they release more games.
You can buy club Nintendo codes on eBay.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Karthe posted:

I don't know if it's changed since CN is ending but games that you can redeem from it also give you survey coins.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Bring N3DS to America, etc. etc.

We are getting it. In a convenient extra large form.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Detective No. 27 posted:

We are getting it. In a convenient extra large form.

Yeah but it doesn't have swappable faceplates, which seems like a huge thing people want, to accessorize their gaming system to match their Pokemon purse.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Awesome, it worked. Tricky part was trying to find a utility that would format the 64g card to FAT32 instead of exFAT. Fat32format.exe did the job perfectly.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Louisgod posted:

Yeah but it doesn't have swappable faceplates, which seems like a huge thing people want, to accessorize their gaming system to match their Pokemon purse.

It's a pokemon satchel :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Apparently nintendo is giving out codes soon for a steam world dig demo, which should at the very least supplant some of the monster hunter codechat

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Apparently nintendo is giving out codes soon for a steam world dig demo, which should at the very least supplant some of the monster hunter codechat

Lol
Project Steam

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Skeezy posted:

Lol
Project Steam

Now THAT is one demo I don't expect to disappoint.

...please do not disappoint me, successor-to-Advance-Wars.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fryhtaning posted:

Now THAT is one demo I don't expect to disappoint.

...please do not disappoint me, successor-to-Advance-Wars.

I think you mean Steampunk Valkyria Chronicles :colbert:.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah it looks kinda like an ugly Valkyria Chronicles combined with XCOM

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

irlZaphod posted:

Arghhh, our crappy postal service were apparently unable to deliver my New 3DS Ambassador edition (I have no idea why), so it has been sent back to Germany.

Eu doesn't ship those puppies out until probably the 12th or 13th.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hey, I loving love Valkyria Chronicles and I approve of steampunk Valkyria. It's just more and more obvious that we'll probably never get another Advance Wars, and that this is meant to be the closest thing to a substitution.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Skeezy posted:

Lol
Project Steam

Yes, whatever steam game

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So I haven't seen very many impressions on how well the 3D tracking works, which is the only reason I'd jump on the new system since it doesn't really offer much else. What's the verdict?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Louisgod posted:

So I haven't seen very many impressions on how well the 3D tracking works, which is the only reason I'd jump on the new system since it doesn't really offer much else. What's the verdict?

Seems like people who have been against 3D now say they keep it on almost all the time because it works so much better now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 3D tracking is suppose to be a significant improvement to the 3D mode. Nintendo found that a lot of people weren't able to use the 3D or were frustrated with how you had to hold your 3DS a certain way to get it to work properly. This fixes that issue.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

More like Steampunk Fire Emblem, assuming they don't do the stupid thing and lock out the characters on Amiibo's forever.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All of these Project Steam comparisons just made really interested in it.

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
GameStop might be getting extra shipments for the Majoras Mask n3DS cause they called me to ask if I wanted to switch over my preorder from one of the plain ones and after going to the store they processed it. Looks like you have to pay the whole thing off right away though.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That's good to hear. Hope Best Buy gets more so I know for sure my pre-order isn't in danger of being cancelled.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rirse posted:

That's good to hear. Hope Best Buy gets more so I know for sure my pre-order isn't in danger of being cancelled.

I keep checking mine multiple times a day. It's a fun little mini-game, until I lose, anyway. I think I'm in the clear; I only ordered one, and it was within the first 15 minutes of them going up. The rumors of cancellations are supposedly coming from people who either ordered just before they sold out, or people who ordered multiple units.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

enojy posted:

I keep checking mine multiple times a day. It's a fun little mini-game, until I lose, anyway. I think I'm in the clear; I only ordered one, and it was within the first 15 minutes of them going up. The rumors of cancellations are supposedly coming from people who either ordered just before they sold out, or people who ordered multiple units.

That's why I am worry since when I ordered mine, it was actually showing it as sold out on the page, but since I was already in checkout it let me proceed.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Louisgod posted:

Do you not want to play Xenoblade on the go?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Louisgod posted:

It seems like MH4U and probably other games will take advantage of the beefed-up hardware to display better textures, also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Louisgod posted:

Better battery life, better speakers, faster processor that makes the UI, eShop and Web Browser run faster, built in NFC reader, and the right stick. If that isn't much to you...

• Locked thread