Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

We need some info one this new suit. History Time! :eng101:

In UC 0074 the Zeonic Company's YMS-05 Zaku was accepted by Zeon as its first Mass Production Combat Mobile Suit. However it had competition from three other designs. One of these was the EMS-04 Zudah, designed by Zimmand Company (who would later design the Dom, Gogg, and Gyan).

While the Zaku was a solid and balanced design, the Zudah was considerably faster than it thanks to the use of a prototype engine, called the Mercury. For a while it seemed like the EMS-04 was going to win the competition, until on multiple occasions Zudah prototypes suffered engine malfunctions, killing their test pilots. At full throttle the Mercury would sometimes become unstable, causing the Zudah to break apart in flight. Thanks to this, and successful lobbying by Zeonic Company, the MS-05 Zaku was selected for mass production instead.

Now, in light of the impending threat of Federation Mobile Suits, Zimmand Company has pulled this design back out of the garage. Apparently they've not only fixed the breakup problem, but say the new and improved Saturn engine will propel the improved EMS-10 Zudah to even faster speeds. They've also updated the mobile suits armament to take advantage of the latest in Zeonic's MS weaponry Arsenal.

Personally I say No to the Zudah. That said, I'm far more interested in Zimmand's YMS-08 High Mobility Prototype, but unfortunately that lost a design competition to the YMS-07 Gouf. Maybe they should rework that instead and bring it back to us, I think it has some potential. :colbert:

EMS-10 Zudah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.
Sacrifice a respectably decent ace so we can develop a flying deathtrap? I say thee, Nay!

There are other weapons we can use to deal with Gundam-related messes. Like Gelgoogs. They need pilots, though... and I'd rather we not lose even one to develop the freakin' Zudah.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

This guy is a pretty decent pilot too.

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

Please, talk to me about Eberron! And by Eberron I mean Warforged. Really I just wanna talk about the Warforged.
Voting no , we only have so much time, money, and resources and I don't want any of that spent on what amounts to a faster more fragile zaku

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
No

Speed isn't everything. I know this personally, I'm a Raiders fan.

Unless we're making a Madden football team featuring Mobile Suits, in which case YES :unsmigghh:

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009
It's the only shield using space-capable MS you'll have for a long while, but space isn't the important battlefield. For the foreseeable future, the ships you started with will probably be fine. I say No.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I'm not nearly as big of a fan of the Zudah as I am the Hildolfr, but I'll still say Yes because it sounds like it'd make a decent ace suit.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Jegan posted:

It's the only shield using space-capable MS you'll have for a long while,

What, the Zaku's right shoulder plate doesn't count as a shield?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

No, suck it Zudah you piece of poo poo :colbert:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
gently caress NO

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What, the Zaku's right shoulder plate doesn't count as a shield?

Unfortunately not. The Prototype-Gouf is the only current MS that has a shield.

That second Special Data that indicates shield use.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No,the zudah looks dumb.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
No, that thing looks kind of boring.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Continuing my vote for 'gently caress IGLOO' no

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Jegan posted:

Unfortunately not.

That seems pretty dumb, the Zaku's shoulder plate is used as a shield all the time in the anime.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I say thee nay

That suit isn't ridiculous enough to cost us a pilot, and considering the clip of how the Punchtank's pilot died, I doubt this test pilot can die awesomely enough to match that.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Yes, because the Zudah is cool as hell, gently caress the haters. :smugbert:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Isn't the Zudah the suit that went so fast it tore itself apart and exploded? Because that's pretty metal. Get one

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Night10194 posted:

I say thee nay

That suit isn't ridiculous enough to cost us a pilot, and considering the clip of how the Punchtank's pilot died, I doubt this test pilot can die awesomely enough to match that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfE_IXAcVk

At 52 seconds.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Don't let that sway you. He dies for a bitch reason

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Zudah is nice when you first get it, but does it really do anything the Zaku IIR1A can't do well enough in it's stead?

(this is one of the Zaku variants that hasn't been researched yet, but is available; it's basically a slightly better Zaku for space only use).

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It has a speed of 10 versus an average speed for all others of 6?

Just turn everything else into Char Customs, so they have a speed of 18. Problem solved.

No.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The Hidolfir was worth it because we gave up an ace to get a unit, and also deprive them of an ace. This is just expending an ace to get a unit. No.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
We're getting new mobile suits as it is, and a fragile speedster consuming our resources isn't going to hold a candle to the V Project. Definitely No.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Tell Zimmand to get back to work on the Dom, which isn't a useless deathtrap. No.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I vote No, the Zudah isn't worth it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Get another Zeon ace killed? Yes please.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no. We do need need the sonic the hedgehog mecha

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Get another Zeon ace killed? Yes please.

Hey, man, what do you have against our noble and totally not at all whacko militarist genocide space Hitler brave defenders of Zeon? :colbert:

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
No unless you think you got a use for it.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

This is much harder than the Hildolfr. If you think you'd get any use out of it, NO. If this is just going to be an expensive failure, then YES.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

No, when space becomes more of an issue we'll have better stuff anyway.

While we're hanging with the 603rd, does Monique Cadillac show up as a pilot in her totally-not-like-Char red jacket?

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
If we get something to research after it then sure, but if it is a dead-end research then No, it's not worth it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Apparently they've not only fixed the breakup problem, but say the new and improved Saturn engine will propel the improved EMS-10 Zudah to even faster speeds.

In reality they had made no such improvements, they just said that to try and get the suit used.

That said, if we don't get the Zudah than we can't get the rest of the 603rd events and get the Big Rang at the end.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Khisanth Magus posted:

In reality they had made no such improvements, they just said that to try and get the suit used.

Are you saying Zimmand would lie to us? :colbert:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Well, the Zeon are space nazis so turning down a chance to develop a prototype unit that is expensive, of dubious value and will probably kill the test pilot is completly against their philosophy. I vote Yes.

tangledstring
Sep 8, 2012
I vote No. That ace could be useful in the future and I don't think we need that moving space coffin.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Going to vote NO again. I voted against the Hildolfr before knowing what it was capable of, but this time we're better informed. Seeing other units this development leads to would be nice, but I'd rather see you win, and this looks like it's simply faster, less-armored, more-expensive Gundam fodder than the standard Zaku. Plus it's useless on the surface, where you need to be concentrating your efforts at the moment; you have space locked down for the time being. Tell Zimmand to get back to you when they have something better, like the Dom.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yes, if you think it would be useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
YES
I want to see the entire crazy tech tree!

• Locked thread