Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:getin: or :frogout:
This poll is closed.
:boom: 38 17.35%
yes 34 15.53%
no 18 8.22%
maybe 22 10.05%
paging pagancow 40 18.26%
all of the above 24 10.96%
:same: 43 19.63%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm being too nice to my santee. it's really easy to go over budget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

the stuff i ordered has started arriving

some of the stuff i ended up ordering 2 cause i thought "yeah i want one of those too"

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Annual Gift Panda posted:

I'm being too nice to my santee. it's really easy to go over budget

this is the reason i'm sitting out 2016. you start with a couple ideas when you sign up. then you get your santee's info and this balloons your original ideas or adds extra new ones. then you go shopping or start ordering stuff and you get even more ideas or find upgrades to existing ones. then comes extra elements, often homemade, and ideas about how to pack things in fun ways. then suddenly you have a package that's like 4x the size you thought you were gonna get away with, and you're already stressing because you missed your self-imposed deadline by a week, so you just pay whatever the rate it is they tell you at the counter to be done with it, instead of shopping around or trying to pack things in a different way

the spirit of yosmas, it is

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I was a professional ebayer for a while so I know how to package at least

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

sounds like you could get it at a collection facility if you don't want to roll the dice on a monday delivery

nah the wife will be home on Monday to receive whatever horror was shipped

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

I was a professional ebayer for a while so I know how to package at least

remember to mark the gift "for parts or repair" so they can't dispute it as not as described when it doesn't work

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i hace this semi interesting idea but just cant finish it, i hope the shiping part doesnt take as long as I think it will

im also sending some ugh "non perishables" so need to get that stuff at the right time too

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
i spent way too much on this, oof

it's worth it though

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hello Optimus_Rhyme

please describe in excessive detail your musical tastes, specifically how "synthwave" and "metal" fit into those

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello Optimus_Rhyme

please describe in excessive detail your musical tastes, specifically how "synthwave" and "metal" fit into those

He's into Big Iron, that's metal right? :v:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

My poo poo is all here, I just have to find a box and write an insane cover letter

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I need to figure out what I'm going to paint this year. I like making paintings.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i think im gonna paint something too

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

teh perfect yospos gift,,

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

teh perfect yospos gift,,

I don't think that the sounding kid ever posted in YOSPOS

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

OSI bean dip posted:

I don't think that the sounding kid ever posted in YOSPOS

you have an interesting idea about how insemination works :pwn:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello Optimus_Rhyme

Warning my music tastes suck

All over the map. I love me some smooth rear end chiptunes (long time legacy music hour listener) and synthwave is right the gently caress up my alley (I really like this track from this week's adventure zone: https://soundcloud.com/zackerywilson/storm-top-dog) I almost bought the pertuberator album but I'm cheap af. I'm also super in to future funk, before Saint Pepsi sold out.

Metal not on my radar unless Steel Panther or Ninja Sex Party counts. In fact my son loves the NSP under the covers album (yes I know they don't count as metal).

Also got all my stuff for my santee just need to print some things and ship.

Optimus_Rhyme fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 27, 2016

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I have received a thing

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

People are shipping uncharacteristically quick this year.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

yosmas has come early

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

yosmas has come early

that it has, mr santa

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
a package came in!

but what is inside???

oh poo poo a note!

wife is super curious at this point and but has valid concerns.

the keys for customs sake (they shall remain unopened)

some light reading

including gems like

aaand the main attraction:

which the wife immediately opened and started jamming picks into, getting one stuck at one point :ohdear:

then we tackled the main lock with me handling the tortion and showing her how to raise bars until the tortion holds them aaand

BAM!

all and all this is a super cool gift and i have never picked a lock before

thanks Wiggly Wayne DDS!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

pro gift

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

What's in the box? What's in the booooooox!?!?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

that's in the same condition as shipped so customs doesn't care about locked boxes apparently.

be careful when opening as there's exposed screws, and make sure you don't throw anything away

apologies for the lack of sweets/coffee scotland isn't exactly booming in those areas

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
holy poo poo, I wish I was smart enough to think of challenge gifts like that

Symbolic Butt fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Nov 28, 2016

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

that's in the same condition as shipped so customs doesn't care about locked boxes apparently.

be careful when opening as there's exposed screws, and make sure you don't throw anything away

apologies for the lack of sweets/coffee scotland isn't exactly booming in those areas

wheres my fuckin irn bru

i popped one of the little padlocks but can't seem to pop the other one
its very difficult to get tortion on them and get a pick in at the same time

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

if i knew you'd take it this well i'd have put actual locks on it and made a bigger challenge

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

if i knew you'd take it this well i'd have put actual locks on it and made a bigger challenge

nah id say this will be just about the right level but holy gently caress my fuckin fingers

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

ok good it made it. i was getting nervous

pro gift btw

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

yosmas starting strong

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it's still november

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

it's still november

the stakes are high this year

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my gift is ready (ish) but I was gonna send it a week or so into december. makes sense to ship early if it's going to oz though

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i also expected it to be held in customs, not be ready for delivery 48hrs after pickup

still hilarious that they never inspected the inside. what concerns did your wife have ahmeni

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

my gift is ready (ish) but I was gonna send it a week or so into december. makes sense to ship early if it's going to oz though

usps needs time to find an airworthy house in Kansas so they can fly it airmail. also a little dog, too

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
just about done putting my santee's gift together. got some awesome stuff coming their way

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

open the yosbox ahmeni

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I feel like my gift will be inadequate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I feel like my gift will be inadequate