Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Seems right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol Montana

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man when I was last in Toronto the hatred for Boston was reeeaaalllll

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Seems right.

They can't have interviewed more than 3 british columbians

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Bip Roberts posted:

They can't have interviewed more than 3 british columbians

In my experience, folks from BC have a varied hatred for a wide range of NHL teams, so there is no consensus. Meanwhile, they all seem to utterly hate the Sounders. Give it enough time and I think the Kraken will replace the Sounders in this map.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Indiana hating the pats a Peyton thing?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
More or less. That rivalry in the early 2000's was definitely a thing. Peyton's statistics vs. Brady's rings.

I don't follow NCAA basketball so I don't know who the Hoosiers have as a rival. Michigan?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I like that there's only a few "matches". Kinda shows the real rivalries. Saints/Falcons. Eagles/Cowboys. Red Sox/Yankees. Michigan/Ohio State. Cubs/Cardinals.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Android Apocalypse posted:

More or less. That rivalry in the early 2000's was definitely a thing. Peyton's statistics vs. Brady's rings.

I don't follow NCAA basketball so I don't know who the Hoosiers have as a rival. Michigan?

Purdue above all.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The Celtics? Who even thinks about them.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Silly Burrito posted:

Seems right.

Like I said in the GDT, the most hated team in SC is either Clemson or South Carolina. It sure as hell isn't Alabama

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I dunno about the pick for California. I'm in the Bay Area and I never hear the Celtics mentioned. Our rivalries are either Dallas or LA teams, with a side order of Sacramento because gently caress the Kings.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
like 2000 people in California aren't Laker's fans

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mllaneza posted:

I dunno about the pick for California. I'm in the Bay Area and I never hear the Celtics mentioned. Our rivalries are either Dallas or LA teams, with a side order of Sacramento because gently caress the Kings.

No one in SoCal cares about the Bay Area teams other than the Giants. Or Sacramento. Or Dallas.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Predator high five only it's Kansas and Colorado hating the Raiders

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

a neat cape posted:

No one in SoCal cares about the Bay Area teams other than the Giants. Or Sacramento. Or Dallas.

I would have expected the Giants tbh

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That cali tells we failed. Dodgers should be the most hated team.

That or the Cowboys.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
Cali needs to be split on that map

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I have enough hate for the Cowboys above all that Wisconsin should be them on that alone.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rotten posted:

Cali needs to be split on that map

Probably in real life too. It will definitely happen after the water wars.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Seems right.

i have to assume they're not counting in-state rivals here

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

stuker posted:

i have to assume they're not counting in-state rivals here

They are...Calgary Flames got outvoted by Edmonton in Alberta.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Mr. Nice!, in the SNF GDT posted:

I will say it is funny how much defenses have completely failed to adapt to a team that can always get 1-2 yards. Defenders have grown accustomed to and happy to give up all but 1-2 yards on third down. An OC that runs plays on third that deliberately are short by a yard gets laughed at, except for the Eagles offense.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Silly Burrito posted:

Seems right.

There's no way the most hated team in North Carolina is UVA.

Also deeply skeptical of the Cowboys in DC.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Garbage rear end team whose defense is the only reason they vaguely in game. This usc kid better be good unlike the last two big early round picks

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Silly Burrito posted:

Seems right.

Nebraska hasn’t been in the Big 12 since 2011 and yet…

Things move slowly in that state.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I’m sure the methods used by what appears to be an Instagram account are rigorous and the results are therefore well worth reflecting on.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Shrimpy posted:

Also deeply skeptical of the Cowboys in DC.

Yeah NC should be split between Duke and UNC imo, but I don't live there. DC only cares about the Commies and Caps so the Cowboys seems right unless maybe the Pens. The Nats are too new still to have any deep seated rivalries and the Wiz don't exist.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 23, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shrimpy posted:

All the in state teams are split.

Everyone at Duke hates UVA because that was their first choice.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I was thinking of the last gif when I posted that. That really seems like the Eagles offensive philosophy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

Predator high five only it's Kansas and Colorado hating the Raiders

I'm lollin at Wyoming hating Colorado State and Colorado being like "yeah whatever gently caress the Raiders"

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can't stop watching the Garrett field goal block

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Harlock posted:

Can't stop watching the Garrett field goal block
You cant say this and not post a link!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You cant say this and not post a link!

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1716154776889471063?s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1716155254616519062?t=67OWDSjnMOIZnOlC0MDhwg&s=19

This is the initial broadcast version, which is even funnier to me. By the time they cut to the normal camera angle he's already there. Someone said it looked like Myles spawned in front of the kick.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Oh god, someone is gonna gif that Watson clip into something funny.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Quay Walker did this against Detroit a few weeks ago and got flagged for it, what's the difference?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

C-Euro posted:

Quay Walker did this against Detroit a few weeks ago and got flagged for it, what's the difference?

You can't make any contact i think, not with your team or theirs

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Can't make contact, and you also can't do a running leap. I think Walker did both. Under the unsportsmanlike conduct section of the rulebook, these apply for blocking a kick:

quote:

(o) Jumping or standing on a teammate or opponent to block or attempt to block an opponent’s kick or apparent kick.
(p) Placing a hand or hands on a teammate or opponent to gain additional height to: (1) block or attempt to block an opponent’s
kick or apparent kick; or (2) attempt to jump through any gap between offensive players to block an opponent’s kick or apparent
kick.
(q) Picking up a teammate to block or attempt to block an opponent’s kick or apparent kick.
(r) Running forward and leaping across the line of scrimmage in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or Try Kick, or apparent
kick, unless the leaping player was in a stationary position within one yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped.
A player who is more than one yard behind the line of scrimmage before or at the snap, may run forward and leap, provided
he does not cross the line of scrimmage or land on players. Rule 3-19-3 does not apply.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Quay also started off the line, if you're on the line its ok.