Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Celt des Ghoules posted:

Where's this update then McGee? You're on a zero hour contract here!

It'll be done when it's done and not a moment before!

Also these puns are awful. I liked none of them. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celt des Ghoules
Nov 9, 2014
You forgot the "bah, humbug". :v:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

He came, he saw, he groaned.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Get it? None? Zero? Anyone?

Anyone at all?

:smith:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

TKMobile posted:

So, in the SaGa 2 remake, is the "Dad has an affair" plotline still intact? Admittedly this game wasn't made in an era where you could give Gameboy RPGs lots of onscreen time to play out the twist, but my sadness for Roy is matched only by my curiosity...

It's still there, and spelled out a lot clearer than in the English GB translation.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
As goofy as it is, that is admittedly the kind of plot twist you don't expect out of a light gameboy-era portable RPG. 'Oh, yeah, I was off saving the world, and stuff, uh, meet your half-sister!'

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

Get it? None? Zero? Anyone?

Anyone at all?

:smith:

Sorry man, it's a null result.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Are you going to set up a wordplay contest for the LP, Chokes? Allow people to send up to 5 pairs of jokes.

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.

Tylana posted:

Are you going to set up a wordplay contest for the LP, Chokes? Allow people to send up to 5 pairs of jokes.

Nah, don't be silly. None of us would win.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
What I'm taking away from this debacle is that the thread's wordplay amounts to nothing.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

UmbreonMessiah posted:

Nah, don't be silly. None of us would win.

So, we'd end up with a post like "I sent in my best material, hoping something would get in. But sadly no pun in ten did." ?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Tylana posted:

So, we'd end up with a post like "I sent in my best material, hoping something would get in. But sadly no pun in ten did." ?

I'm thinking it's more that we miss some of the fine print in the rules and our entries are all rendered null and void.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm sorry, but this whole punny derail has resulted in zero laughs for me. As in the number zero, signifying the concept of nothingness, which also happens to be the name of the character Zero.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
This entire derail has been about as relevant as love between two tennis players!

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

MaskedHuzzah posted:

This entire derail has been about as relevant as love between two tennis players!

Wouldn't that be the beginning of the match? You know, the origin?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh god must get update finish and posted before puns get worse

he;lp

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Goons will make puns about anything and everything. Nothing is sacred.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

You have nobody to blame for this but yourself.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Though magic is infused in his skull,
his wit is truly quite dull.
The mutant known as Zero
wishes to be a great hero,
but the chance of this... is null.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Personally, I find this derail to be beautiful.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Great White Hope posted:

This is false. This whole derail has no value.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Chainsaw.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Great White Hope posted:

The nadir of nihilism, but beautiful.

(Speaking of beautiful, who's the smoke coat Persian in your avatar, Chokes?)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Twenty sodding posts since last night... I come here expecting another amusing update and instead it's a bunch of bloody awful puns about the number zero, actively provoked by the arse who is supposed to be telling a humourous story about a very old game and instead of updating passes his time encouraging this wank.

Truly, this LP is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

:smug:

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

I'm sad so few jokes about the main character have been made by you lot. I guess you can't get anything Royt.

Celt des Ghoules
Nov 9, 2014

JustJeff88 posted:

Twenty sodding posts since last night... I come here expecting another amusing update and instead it's a bunch of bloody awful puns about the number zero, actively provoked by the arse who is supposed to be telling a humourous story about a very old game and instead of updating passes his time encouraging this wank.

Truly, this LP is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

:smug:

A nice attempt, but I'm afraid it still scores nul points.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ratoslov posted:

Chainsaw.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
What have I done...

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Nothing really.

Or at least nothing Zero wouldn't have done.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

alcharagia posted:

What I'm taking away from this debacle is that the thread's wordplay amounts to nothing.

This but unironically.

It doesn't stop us from trying, mind you, regardless of whether I can defend the practice on the strength (or lack thereof) of our linguistic agility.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Shady Amish Terror posted:

It doesn't stop us from trying, mind you, regardless of whether I can defend the practice on the strength (or lack thereof) of our linguistic agility.

Not that either one matters, since Mana is the god stat here. Of which I think we all have a 0 in anyway.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Despite all my rage I have no puns for the mage. :(

...I think I might have issues. Brain problems. I'll stop now.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Despite all my rage I have no puns for the mage. :(

...I think I might have issues. Brain problems. I'll stop now.

While I do like that Smashing Pumpkin's song, there is another, far more appropriate one to invoke.

Wow, Zero's lyrics seem to fit the game quite well. God is empty, being bifurcated with a power tool would do that.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

So Dad left 10 years ago, and Lynn's 7 or 8 (or 9, oh god I don't like the implications of that).

Dad didn't waste any time starting his 'for real' family. I don't know how this let's play can continue without the son having a heart-to-heart with his Dad.

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008
So happy I caught up to this thread in time for a Christmas Season of Puns, that I will refrain from adding to lest another page is consumed by them.

Chokes, thank you for all the great writing work you do. Seeing this thread got me to check out your FFL1 LP (I know, COMPLETELY UNHEARD OF sequence of events) and as everyone agrees, it was a real peach. Now playing through this and excited to rediscover a childhood favorite. I always thought Jackie Kashian's FFL joke was referencing this game until I read your FFL1 LP. I may also be misremembering a god takedown here, who knows. It's a 90s RPG. God's gonna die.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Do It Once Right posted:

Dad didn't waste any time starting his 'for real' family. I don't know how this let's play can continue without the son having a heart-to-heart with his Dad.

Who knows how biology works in this universe. From what we know of the world, they gave birth to a sentient robot.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Chuu posted:

Who knows how biology works in this universe. From what we know of the world, they gave birth to a sentient robot.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:ssh: he was adopted.:ssh:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Zore posted:

:ssh: he was built by Bigamy Dad, because he's that kind of badass :ssh:

Fixed that for you; no need to thank me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

What if Roy's family was the *other* family, and the one we met was the guy's primary one (thus his disappearances and long absences)

• Locked thread