Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
the refs were clearly in favor of wvu the entire game, that particular call most notably, but that goes with good home field advantage, they probably would've won anyway and I'm not gonna worry about an away game that Baylor likely wouldve dropped with neutral refs when theres more important poorly officated games like Houston Portland Game 1 NBA last year no fouls the entire first half on Portland and Game 3/5 Houston LA series 2009 when Houston would've won and thereby won the NBA CHampionship Rockets and 2nd half of series Houston Dallas in 2005 gently caress Mark Cuban and the NBA Gambling Ref man. it was jarring though to watch the rest of the games last saturday and wonder what was happening when there wasnt a flag on every possession like in the wvubaylor game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Remember when Jimbo Fisher saw Jameis Winston being excited near cameras and immediately intervened?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

wa27 posted:

Apparently Herbie Husker can take his hat off? :stonk:

Imagine Herbie Husker making out with Rowdy the Cowboy

And now try to sleep

EDIT: I also think this is Big Bob Pataki's origin story

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 20, 2014

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

How mad would you be if we got to make a national title trophy case before you filled yours up?

Not remotely? Why would you think I would care?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tide posted:

Wasn't that season where 'decided schematic advantage' came from? I swear I read that somewhere under Weis. Maybe someone had that as a red text.

Weis said it but it was when he got hired at Notre Dame. It seemed slightly less dumb before Brady Quinn graduated.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

anne frank fanfic posted:

the refs were clearly in favor of wvu the entire game, that particular call most notably, but that goes with good home field advantage, they probably would've won anyway and I'm not gonna worry about an away game that Baylor likely wouldve dropped with neutral refs when theres more important poorly officated games like Houston Portland Game 1 NBA last year no fouls the entire first half on Portland and Game 3/5 Houston LA series 2009 when Houston would've won and thereby won the NBA CHampionship Rockets and 2nd half of series Houston Dallas in 2005 gently caress Mark Cuban and the NBA Gambling Ref man. it was jarring though to watch the rest of the games last saturday and wonder what was happening when there wasnt a flag on every possession like in the wvubaylor game

This was a pretty solid tangent.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Crotch Bat posted:

Not remotely? Why would you think I would care?

That was a bad post by me. My SECRant instincts kicked in when you said you were saving a post for future quoting after we crash and burn.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Please do not call out my hubris as it makes me a bad poster

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dattserberg posted:

Brian Kelly tears are somehow sweeter. They don't run illegal plays, don't even insinuate that ND would dare do such vile things.

That is hilarious and so ND.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Tide posted:

Wasn't that season where 'decided schematic advantage' came from? I swear I read that somewhere under Weis. Maybe someone had that as a red text.

That was my av, with Weis' big ol' belly.

It was from his time at ND, but I made the av while he was at UF. He was not OC for 11-2.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Florida football is watchable in the same way that 3-2 and 6-4 are football classics.

Muschamp...or Duchamp?

E: floridafootball.jpg

Never would have expected a Dadaism/Duchamp reference in a football thread

Andro
Jun 30, 2010
I'm really glad I don't spend any time on actual college football forums.

http://youtu.be/MVZJmnDvfkM

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'd unironically love to see Kurt Roper untethered with our offense with the talent we have. We could do some magical things with Treon at QB, running a mixture of pro style and spread with a vertical passing attack. Takes me from six to midnight.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

anne frank fanfic posted:

just a little more... i am about to come

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
Did Les Miles get posted yet? Let's have some Les Miles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ntnKb2SiX0

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Captain von Trapp posted:

Holy poo poo. Hahahahaha this owns.

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.
My favorite time of the year is here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2BAfhUHX0

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

KKKLIP ART posted:

Never would have expected a Dadaism/Duchamp reference in a football thread
You might think that some college football fans have...you know...gone to college.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Just gonna say those ND WRs threw some really great blocks, if that'd been a running play.

There is a way to accomplish the goal of that rub route legally, but they did not do it in an even remotely close to legal way.

Also I'll again reiterate, gently caress Pitt, and I hope we ruin Miami so I can have some remaining glimmer of hope for this season.

The only way you can ruin Miami is to get blown the gently caress out.

Miami fans are flying a Banner at VT to fire Golden.

Literally banners at away games.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Dilber posted:

The only way you can ruin Miami is to get blown the gently caress out.

Miami fans are flying a Banner at VT to fire Golden.

Literally banners at away games.

They probably just want someone to see them.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Further Adventures of Clem the Aggie

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

Yep.

We've gone from incredible football to absolutely abysmal football in less than 5 years.

I'm not expecting any sympathy, but goddrat this team is unwatchable. I've said it a million times--I can take a fair bit of losing if it's watchable. This is dreck. This is worse than dreck. It's like dragging the head of your dick across a cheese grater.

I haven't watched a Gators game in a good two seasons because the team is just that bad. Heck, I watched through all of the Sexy Rexy era and I can't remember being as bored or uninterested in the team as under Muschamp. At least with Grossman you always had the possibility that his coke rumors would turn out to be true which would spice things up a bit by forcing a second QB into rotation. Driskell will ride this bomb into the ground.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 21, 2014

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT DT Luther Maddy will seek a medical redshirt. This sucks for now but should be good for next year.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

You might think that some college football fans have...you know...gone to college.

yeah but thats a pretty big stretch to pull out even for college people. I could ask most college students what dadaism loosely is (type or art movement) and they would be like "huh"

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

KKKLIP ART posted:

yeah but thats a pretty big stretch to pull out even for college people. I could ask most college students what dadaism loosely is (type or art movement) and they would be like "huh"

we covered it even in public high school in alaska i dont think its nearly as esoteric as you believe

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Captain von Trapp posted:

never change, you beautiful creature :allears:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

wheez the roux posted:

we covered it even in public high school in alaska i dont think its nearly as esoteric as you believe

It absolutely is that esoteric.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

KKKLIP ART posted:

N'est pas une post bon

wheez the roux posted:

i mean, you have to have an interest in art. it is a major movement though, and lots of college kids are into it. Have their framed prints on the wall and a copy of On The Road on their table, next to the lamp.

A solitary freshman at Wisconsin looks out past his window towards the Madison campus. Badger players traipse the pathways reminding the student of their upcoming game against Maryland. "How can I subvert Saturday's contest? I know I will support the visitors!" he exclaims to no one at all except his Pink Floyd poster. "No, that is too conventional," he says, doubting himself. "What is a shared communal ritual? Oh yes! They jump around!" Realizing his discovery, he comes to a conclusion. He will not jump around.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I learned about dadaism in high school. Not even an art class, just tenth grade euro history.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

swickles posted:

I learned about dadaism in high school. Not even an art class, just tenth grade euro history.

same, 10th grade euro history and then again in ap euro

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I went to a good high school so we covered whatever it is we're talking about

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I went to a good high school so we covered whatever it is we're talking about

dadism.

The cultural movement of dad jokes.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014

Thermos H Christ posted:

Further Adventures of Clem the Aggie

This is... a work of art. :unsmigghh:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

I always hated fighting that dude in Street Fighter.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

wheez the roux posted:

We covered it in Mississippi public school but we also had a class on catfish farming

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Things my backwoods high school didn't cover:

1) art in any form or manner of any kind (although I remember giving a rambling, non-specific presentation about Dali in Spanish IV for some reason)
2) European history that occurred between the fall of Rome and 1492 or anything after 1970.

Things we did cover:

1) Virtually every fortress in New France
2) The entire steelmaking process

French weirdos with their non-art didn't come up until college. And then I dismissed them as French weirdos. Because they were.

Sash! fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 21, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

My best friend teaches English in Florida and a lot of the kids write about Hitler every chance they get.

Also https://vine.co/v/OqQnI3hheDH college football rules

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

My best friend teaches English in Florida and a lot of the kids write about Hitler every chance they get.

I got an A- on my fourth grade Hitler speech.

Three speeches into my life and I'd already zeroed in on Hitlers and such.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

dadism.

The cultural movement of dad jokes.

Self-referential humor is lazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Party Plane Jones posted:

I haven't watched a Gators game in a good two seasons because the team is just that bad.

A lovely fan deserves a lovely team.

• Locked thread