Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Goons: Boobs Are Weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Boobs are weird, dude.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Captain Invictus posted:

Goons: Boobs Are Weird

says the guy who's only ever seen them in his japanese anime

edit: oh, and the mirror

:haw:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

says the guy who's only ever seen them in his japanese anime

edit: oh, and the mirror

:haw:

You're losing your edge Barons, it's old hat!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Maybe Dan should just watch Space Dandy. It's got his name right in the title, it's dubbed, it's partially funded by Cartoon Network, and most importantly, it's Super American

the space dandy finale is the game of the year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Metal Gear Scanlon - Part 11 LIVE! (Premium)

So loving Hype.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 29, 2014

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
At which point is Drew going to choke?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Dr Suntory posted:

At which point is Drew going to choke?

Rex fight. I finished MGS plenty of times and I always have to redo that fight over and over. Drew is bad at the game so I imagine him doing worse.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Overbite posted:

Rex fight. I finished MGS plenty of times and I always have to redo that fight over and over. Drew is bad at the game so I imagine him doing worse.

Drew will get Rex and get stuck on Liquid. He has so much trouble with distances in melee.

Me_Game
May 21, 2010

Alas, poor Johnny! I knew him, Mark, a fellow of infinite greetings, of most questionable fancy. He hath pet me on my head a thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is! My dick rises at it.

NmareBfly posted:

I'm so happy right now.

This is my friends and I's go to "large group intro to table top games" game. It's so much fun and it will be so awesome to watch the GB guys play it. I'm so stoked.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
I'm grinding a loot cave in Destiny and I feel dirty. ;__;

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I have no idea what Avalon is...

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

mikeycp posted:

Avalon is a tabletop game where everyone has to figure out who is a traitor. It's cool but Resistance is cooler because it's the same game but cyberpunk.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

mikeycp posted:

It's basically Mafia, but without the whole lynching part of mafia.

Me_Game
May 21, 2010

Alas, poor Johnny! I knew him, Mark, a fellow of infinite greetings, of most questionable fancy. He hath pet me on my head a thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is! My dick rises at it.
Avalon is a pretty simple group game with a traitor(s) mechanic. Basically the traitors know each other and the good guys know nothing and the objective is to send certain people from the group to go on missions which can be passed or failed if traitors trick their way on the team.

It boils down to a lot of suspicion and accusing and bluffing and usually is pretty entertaining. As the name of the feature implies though it's not a video game. Since pathfinder worked pretty well I think this should yield similar entertainment.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My favorite part of the latest derby was Jason having a PTSD flashback to the GI days when every swear Dan did was 30 seconds off his life.

Which I don't get why Gameinformer has a no-curse policy.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Tae posted:

My favorite part of the latest derby was Jason having a PTSD flashback to the GI days when every swear Dan did was 30 seconds off his life.

Which I don't get why Gameinformer has a no-curse policy.

That was the fenix ql, also ad dollars

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)

VR Native American posted:

I'm grinding a loot cave in Destiny and I feel dirty. ;__;

Do you have FOMO?? Here, read this article that will help you conquer your FOMO and live life to the fullest

quote:

FoMO-related distress is our soul crying out for help, imploring us to limit our superficial connectivity and our frantic hopping from site to site before our quality of life and our ability to express intimacy and individualism erode.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

emoticon posted:

Do you have FOMO?? Here, read this article that will help you conquer your FOMO and live life to the fullest

what is this

this is a thing???
I thought patrick was just making stuff up

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

emoticon posted:

After level 20 the only way to level up in Destiny is through random loot drops. There are strikes that are above level 20 which people say has the best contend in Destiny, what I'm suffering from is bad game design.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Edit: mobile is weird

VR Native American fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 28, 2014

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

I have intense FOMOphobia

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

VR Native American posted:

After level 20 the only way to level up in Destiny is through random loot drops. There are strikes that are above level 20 which people say has the best contend in Destiny, what I'm suffering from is bad game design.

The easiest way to level up past 20 is through buying the equipment from the vendors. There's nothing random about it.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I just hope they play Avalon with enough people. Minimum is 5 and it plays fine but I like it a lot more with 6 or 7 or so. I think Drew has played it before? I have a vague memory of him mentioning it on a podcast. It seems like a good fit for the group, though the Vinny gap will likely be noticeable.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

randombattle posted:

The easiest way to level up past 20 is through buying the equipment from the vendors. There's nothing random about it.

Multiplayer isn't great, and leveling up ranks for the other vendors is slow. This is the fastest way to do this even accounting for the random element of drops.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

randombattle posted:

Avalon is a tabletop game where everyone has to figure out who is a traitor. It's cool but Resistance is cooler because it's the same game but cyberpunk.

Oh. Resistance: Avalon. I know what that is.
I thought it was some random RPG, since I've never heard it called just "Avalon."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh, this will be Dan's first tabletop game on GB. This should go well, as he's a lover of fantasy stuff.

(this is a lie)

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Tae posted:

Oh, this will be Dan's first tabletop game on GB. This should go well, as he's a lover of fantasy stuff.

(this is a lie)

Thats why Resistance is cooler!

They should get the Terminator license and make Resistance but instead of traitors it's terminators.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Tae posted:

(this is a lie)

You could throw the game out and write cool guy/bad guy on a few scraps of paper and it wouldn't change the game at all.

Me_Game
May 21, 2010

I like the theme of Resistance better but I like the special cards from Avalon better so we usually play that in my group. But I hear there's an expansion somewhere that puts the Avalon special abilities into Resistance so that's cool. Other than that it's the exact same game so the theme isn't really essential to the enjoyment of it.

Edit: ^^Yeah pretty much, you could play the game at home with a deck of cards if you wanted to.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Me_Game posted:

I like the theme of Resistance better but I like the special cards from Avalon better so we usually play that in my group.

This is how I feel about it. Avalon has way better mechanics, but not as interesting a theme.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

mikeycp posted:

This is how I feel about it. Avalon has way better mechanics, but not as interesting a theme.

Danny O'Dwyer's accent will go perfect with the theme. Or his cockney accent for Sweeney Todd.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Danny O'Dwyer's accent will go perfect with the theme. Or his cockney accent for Sweeney Todd.

Danny's accent is perfect all the time. :allears:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

mikeycp posted:

Danny's accent is perfect all the time. :allears:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-house-of-cods/2300-6418746/

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I think I might be in love with Alexis.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Professor Latency posted:

I think I might be in love with Alexis.

Allow me to link my Drew/Alexis slash fic available on the Kindle Store that I call "Giant Bone."

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Is Dan at a point in his animoral crossroads that he would consider playing Policenauts?

I mean certainly he's played Snatcher, the dude has a Kojima shelf.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

The Machine posted:

Allow me to link my Drew/Alexis slash fic available on the Kindle Store that I call "Giant Bone."

Is it just one page linking to that one video of Drew/Alexis with a insert Floppy that also just has that one video on it?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

F. Lobot posted:

I mean certainly he's played Snatcher, the dude has a Kojima shelf.

No way has Dan played Snatcher, or he'd be way more able to admit how anime Metal Gear (and Kojima's work in general) is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
Uh

Has that been up there awhile?

• Locked thread