Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
So I'm confused by the conspicuous lack of vengeful faeries. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student
BTW they are actually two more variants to the prince ending we haven't seen (at least in terms of how Cinders acts as queen) depending on your stats. Goodie and Bitch basically

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Zoe posted:

So I'm confused by the conspicuous lack of vengeful faeries. :confused:
It's never explained outright, but here's my take: their Concord was with Cinders' mother, to watch over her daughter. Cinders herself never made one in this timeline, so they have no power over her. All that bluster about remembering them was just if she forgot they existed completely, and was likely empty posturing anyway. We'll find out more about the Fairy once we go down her route, and that should shed more light on the situation.

weso12 posted:

BTW they are actually two more variants to the prince ending we haven't seen (at least in terms of how Cinders acts as queen) depending on your stats. Goodie and Bitch basically
Indeed. They're not as interesting as going for a completely different class of ending though.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

You know while this LP is great and all, but there is a thing that bugs me a lot.
It's Perrault.
Why? Because, well...

Just tell me you don't see it!

Regallion fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 25, 2015

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

I forgot to vote earlier and I'm gonna say

Take over the estate
Romance Tobias
Fairy I guess, we haven't seen that yet

Also show what happens when your a jerk to both stepsisters

a bloody icon
Apr 22, 2012

weso12 posted:

Also show what happens when your a jerk to both stepsisters

We actually did get the ending for that, even though we'd connected to Sophia, because we were horrible to her mother and she doesn't like that.

Romance Perrault.
Take back the estate.
Be a total idiot and ask the fae for help.

Also be nice to everyone, including Carmosa, goddamnit :argh:

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

a bloody icon posted:

We actually did get the ending for that, even though we'd connected to Sophia, because we were horrible to her mother and she doesn't like that.

Romance Perrault.
Take back the estate.
Be a total idiot and ask the fae for help.

Also be nice to everyone, including Carmosa, goddamnit :argh:

No thats not what I meant If your particularly an rear end in a top hat to both your sisters theirs some unique dialogue at a certain point during the plot NOT the ending. Its actually quite interesting

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

DmitriX posted:

You know while this LP is great and all, but there is a thing that bugs me a lot.
It's Perrault.
Why? Because, well...

Augh, gently caress, don't

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

DmitriX posted:

It's Perrault.
Why? Because, well...

you son of a bitch

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

DmitriX posted:

It's Perrault.
Why? Because, well...

I'm glad it wasn't just me.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Who is that?

Indiiea
Sep 26, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Who is that?

Rodney Philips aka Railrunner from Miranda Leek's wonderful novel Twisted.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It does seem Tobias and Perrault were rather marginal to this so far, though there is some nice potential for Perrault...

And what is up with that shady character and Ghede? Is he some Jack of Fables personage?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Alright, it looks like we'll be turning to the Fairy to help us take back our house. We're giving Gloria a ticket to the Hug Train this time too. Perrault and Tobias are tied for romance, so we'll be flirty with both of them and see what happens. :getin:

Glazius posted:

And what is up with that shady character and Ghede? Is he some Jack of Fables personage?
That's pretty much his deal, yes.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
The Hug Train rides again! Let's do this.

These first choices are mostly to start establishing what kind of Cinders you want to play. For much of this run, I'll be going with "good" choices, since they will make the Fairy like us more.

Here we read the book, for the same reason.

Since my father's death, Carmosa and her daughters treat me as their servant. 'Cinders, do the cleaning!' 'Cinders, go to the town!' 'Cinders, why isn't my dress washed yet?!' Ugh... I hate it so much! I'm sure today won't be any different.

At least I still have my books to take me away from this. The book I read last night was pretty aggravating, but not all romances are like that. I have some favorites. My 'sisters' took most of my other things. All the dresses and trinkets. But luckily for me, books hold no value for such 'practically-minded' young ladies. I must admit though, I've read them all to death by now. Carmosa would never spend a penny on something so 'unpractical'. So I'm stuck with what Father got me. Mostly fairy tales and legends he gave me when I was a child. I don't really believe in knights in shining armor or fairies anymore. But I would be lying if I said I don't enjoy reading about them.

Sorcery. Romance. Adventure. I bet that even in a hundred years it won't get old. Same thing as what I've read tonight really, but good writing and characters can make all the difference. So... which chapters was it...

I'm sorry, but I'll have to drag you out of that little fantasy world of yours.

The best character shows up, and things proceed as before, with Carmosa wanting to see Cinders to give her an errand We meet Gloria in the hall, who bitches at us a bit.

This time I choose "Well, actually..." to give us some derp points, but that wasn't the best move, since it decreases our relationship with Gloria. We can make it up later, at least. Gloria proceeds to mock us some more.

I decide not to even question this order, because what we have to do today is already going to piss her off mightily. Best not to make it worse.

And of course, here we choose to go to the Lake.

Still, there's something to this place. It feels enchanted. Maybe it's because it hasn't changed a bit since I was a little brat.

Of course! We must always keep the fairies appeased.

I wish I had brought something with me, but I don't really own anything that would make a proper gift, anyway. Well, it's the intent behind the gift that matters more than the actual gift. As long as I'm honoring the fairies, they'll appreciate it. That's what Father would say. I guess he really was a big child deep inside. I think I'll weave a wreath out of some of the flowers here. I'm sure the fairies would appreciate it.

Hmm... It's coming along nicer than I expected. It's been such a long time since I did anything like this. It feels a little nostalgic. It's funny how when we grow up, we start rejecting things we consider childish, only to return to them later with great joy. I think I'll leave this wreath under that old oak. That's where Father always left our gifts when we came.

Then we go into town, watch Perrault belt some bandits, and go visit Tobias. Since we definitely need to learn about the house and the will in this run, we ask him about the errand again.

And he refuses to tell us again, like a punk.

Time to turn on the charm.

Oh, it's 200 sovereigns?

That was the original estimate, yes.

Aww... it's that much, even for me?

I'm not sure what you mean.

You and I go so far back, and I've always thought there was something special between us. You know. A spark. I thought that with a relationship as close as ours, you'd treat me differently from Carmosa.

That may be true, but I like you more than your other customers do. Don't you feel the same way about me?

Wait, are you trying to charm me, Cinders? Because I think you're really overdoing the whole 'flutter your eyelashes' business.

It's not like I've had a lot of chance to practice so you better start appreciating my efforts!

Haha! I'm just trying to give an honest criticism here, friend to a friend. But sure, you are special to me. I don't suppose 175 sovereigns would satisfy you?

That sounds perfect! It's so sweet of you to lower the price for me.

They then proceed to share their backstories, like before.

Here we go to the inn, so we can put that massive charm to work on the Captain too.

Approach him!

I'm already spending time drinking beer at the tavern. I might as well just take the plunge.

This is actually a lot like the first conversation we had with him in the previous game, with Cinders asking him about the hostage situation.

Only we choose the really naive option this time. You can skip some and still end up with a "good" Cinders, but I wanted to show how cringe-inducing this is.

It was not my choice. They chose that path when they put an innocent life at risk.

I'm sure those bandits were just desperate and not thinking clearly. It's cruel to take someone's life just because of a poor decision.

That's a fair argument, but what would you have me do? Would you rather risk the life of the child, who did nothing wrong? Or better yet, should I leave the fate of the bandits and child to the crowd? What if they tried to break in and the bandits decided to kill the boy? Or maybe the crowd would have burned the house down, and everyone would have died slowly. At least by my sword, those men were given a swift death. It's my duty to uphold the peace. That is what I did.

For some reason he calls this an interesting way of thinking (and it is, if you find mental disorders interesting), then asks her name and chats with her a bit.

Sure, we have time!

I wonder if the gift I left at the lake is still there. It's probably silly to think that fairies took it, but I'm curious.

:aaaaa:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

...The kingdom can burn. :downs: Cinders is annoying as hell.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
So you're roleplaying Cinders this time as a naive flower girl that spends her time daydreaming and being a princess in her own heart.

I do like the variance at least, and it is hilarious.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Keldulas posted:

So you're roleplaying Cinders this time as a naive flower girl that spends her time daydreaming and being a princess in her own heart.

I do like the variance at least, and it is hilarious.

To be fair it IS the cannon option if one goes by the source material

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Let's have the sweetest and naivest Cinderella possible because it will make it even funnier at the end when the faeries suddenly eat her soul or steal her first born child or whatever.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

It's growing late, though. I should return home.

So when we return, not only are we super late, but we spent the money we saved at the inn. I apologize to seem like the obedient doormat canon Cinderella is supposed to be, and... it does not go well.

I... apologize. There was a lot of commotion in town, and I sort of got caught up in—

Enough with your excuses. They make you look so pathetic. If you chose to ignore my orders, at least have the pride to stand by your decision instead of simpering like that. The child you once were is gone. You must be a woman now. Have more pride in yourself. Otherwise, you are nothing more than a lazy and useless little girl. At least you managed to finish the task appointed to you, though I take little solace in that. Is it too much to hope that you managed to keep some of the money I gave you?

Why am I not surprised? I suppose it is foolishness to expect more from a girl as disjointed from reality as you. You never take the first offer! Anyone who conducts business—No! Anyone in their right mind knows that.

But Tobias is my friend. He would not—

Enough! I am not interested in your excuses. What a disaster! You are more useless than I could have imagined. If I stopped feeding you, it would be exactly what you deserve. But I suppose I would be arrested for petty crime if I did that.

But I—

Silence! Get out of my sight. Just looking at you makes me ill. You will go to your room, and you will stay there until you are summoned. Is that clear?

So yes. That happened. That night, the Shady character shows up being Super Discreet, and again, since we need to find out as much as we can about this stuff, we follow him again. We soon discover that Carmosa has been paying him and Tobias a fee to sell her jewelry and such discreetly.

Unless you have the right stats and previous choices, confronting Tobias here is likely to backfire, hurting our relationship with him and gaining us no useful information. Going home and using it later is the safer path.

So then he wakes up in the forest with a hangover, then hides as the Prince and Perrault approach, discussing the Ball. Only this time, we've actually met the Captain by this point, so he has some words about us. Blatantly false words, but hey, it's something.

Even yesterday, I met a young woman who had a quick wit and a fire in her eyes. She did not seem like a woman of nobility, though.

A shame that is, for I would gladly have gone to see any woman that you hold in such regard.

And yet you must choose a wife from among the nobility, regardless.

A Ball!

Then Gloria and Sophia argue.

The "correct" choice here is "You sure told her!" since that increases relations with Sophia, but doesn't decrease them with Gloria, because she's gone. But the other option gives us more niceness points, and we'll have plenty of opportunity later to sway Sophia

We then have the dinner preparation scene with Sophia. When she asks what Cinders' life was like...

The answer she "likes" the most is "It was too dreamy", and she hates all the nice-girl options in this scene. So we have to break character for a minute and tell her what she wants to hear in order to get her on the Hug Train.

"For political gains" is Sophia's preferred option.

Telling her she's not worthless is still the right way though.

Cinders next decides to go visit her mother's grave, where she meets awesome maybe-witch Madame Ghede.

So you're really not a witch?

Now, I never said that. Only that the stories about me have been exaggerated. Besides, some people consider it magic when they find their way back home from drinking all night. It really depends on your perspective.

Well, even in gossip, there's got to be a grain of truth.

The only truth is that I'm intelligent, independent, and I take care of myself without a husband. If the townfolk want to call that witchcraft, so be it. It makes their own lives so much simpler.

True... but, still.

They discuss dear old Mum a bit, then:

Maybe a little. My father raised me to believe, and I suppose I do miss my childhood, when I could believe wholeheartedly. But there are so many strange and wonderful things in this world, maybe magic really does exist.

Your reasoning makes sense.

And?

And what?

Does magic exist?

Well that depends on what you consider magic. Years ago, people thought medicine was magic. Some still think that way. We label things we don't understand as magic, but then what does that mean? People call fairies magical, but we could also consider them normal creatures who live in the world like we do. Birds fly, and fish breathe underwater, but we don't consider them to be magical. What makes fairies different?

Haha, well it would certainly be unwise to claim otherwise while we're in this forest. Perhaps you would like to come visit my shop the next time you're in town. Tomorrow, maybe?

Come home to find Shady meeting with Carmosa, but none of our stats are high enough to get him to spill anything, so I just go with the "nice" option.

Since we're trying to get Gloria on the Hug Train this time, let's go ask her about this.

Maybe Gloria will know something. She always tries to make Carmosa's business her own.

I don't sulk, Gloria.

Oh! There you are. I've been looking for you everywhere. Dinner is about to be served. You're needed in the kitchen.

I was just washing up. I saw a strange man in the front hall a moment ago, though. Do you have any idea who he is or why he was here?

I suppose there's no real harm in telling you. The man said he had some information that might be of interest to Mother. I wanted to send him away, but Mother let him in. I still don't know why!

Interesting. Carmosa must have recognized him if she let him in.

I suppose that depends on what they were talking about.

Unfortunately, I don't know that part. Mother has her secrets as any head of a noble house does. It could be earth-shattering or it could be trivial... Considering how poorly he was dressed, he couldn't have been anyone of consequence.

Oh, Gloria. You were to close to having an insight, then you ruined it.

Well, thank you for telling me.

I suppose you're welcome. I don't really see how this is of any use to you at all. Either way, don't forget that dinner will be served in a few minutes. Be in the dining room by then.

That night... a strange dream!

Hello...? Is someone there?

:aaa: Who could that be!?

Who are you? I can barely see you.

Oh, but we can see you quite well.

What is this place? Where am I?

So this is a dream?

It is.

Then none of this is real.

Why? You're real, and so are we. That's real enough.

But who ARE you?

You don't remember us?

We know you. You don't know us, but you know OF us. If you want to meet us, come to The Lake.

The lake?

And don't forget to bring a gift. It would be improper if you didn't. Now rest, darling. You deserve it, and you'll need all the strength you can get for tomorrow.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
So that's definitely what Carmosa is like when you piss her off. I'm guessing that asking the sisters about the man raises their affection because it gives them and Cinders some pleasant conversation? At least one where they're not actively being rude or at conflict with each other, which makes some sense.

Is this the full Hug Train run, or just the sisters? Cause recovery with Carmosa seems... kind of hard at this point.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Keldulas posted:

Is this the full Hug Train run, or just the sisters? Cause recovery with Carmosa seems... kind of hard at this point.

No love lost from me if that's the case.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Welp. The fairies got flowers and now they're full-on codependent.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Keldulas posted:

So that's definitely what Carmosa is like when you piss her off. I'm guessing that asking the sisters about the man raises their affection because it gives them and Cinders some pleasant conversation? At least one where they're not actively being rude or at conflict with each other, which makes some sense.

Yeah, just Gloria and Sophia this time. Carmosa would be impossible at this point. It's very hard to be in her good graces if you're also trying to get the Fairy's help, even harder when you want to spin plates with Perrault and Tobias. :getin:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

I had such a strange dream last night. It felt more real than any I've had before. I wonder what it meant. I suppose time will tell. Time to get up and see what the day has in store for me.

What the day has in store:

Sisters arguing!

We actually have to call them both hopeless, because siding with Gloria will piss off Sophia too much for her to ride the Hug Train in this playthrough. It's usually the better option though. If you want both of them on your side, the general strategy is to side with Gloria when they're both in the same room, and Sophia when they're not. Sophia has more solo scenes to increase your relationship.

Going to town, and telling Gloria!

Despite her initial greeting, she is well disposed toward us enough in this run to not refuse outright.

Do you need anything from town? I could pick it up for you while I'm there. You'd save the time you might have spent going there yourself. We'll both win.

That's not a bad proposal at all. I do have a list of things we need from the general store. You know the man who runs it, don't you?

Do you mean Tobias?

Yes, I believe that's his name. I trust that you'll be able to fetch all of these things before nightfall?

Not a problem. Give me the list, and I'll take care of it. Thanks.

Going to town! But first the Lake. Going to the town saves you time, but going to the Lake continues the Fairy plotline.

Though, I have to admit, I'm a little bit disappointed. I guess I was really hoping that someone would be waiting here for me. Well, the voice in the dream asked me to bring a gift. And that's what my Father would do, too... I think I'll gather some wild flowers and wrap them in my shawl. A beautiful bouquet should be a nice gift. I'll just place it by this tree... Hm, nothing's happening. Yeah, I don't suppose I was expecting anything, anyway. It must have been just a dream. In the end, real life is more exciting than dreams and fairy tales. For instance, this place is so tranquil and beautiful. Even if it's not magical, I feel so at peace. I just want to lie down in the grass, close my eyes, and let my problems drift away. Actually, that sounds like such a good idea right about now. This is my day to do what I please with. If I want to take a nap, I will.

Mmm...... That's strange. Everything's so quiet. The wind is picking up so suddenly!

D-did the wind just call my name? Who's there!? ...No one's there. I suppose it was just the wind playing tricks on me. Creepy.

Th-then who are you? Who am I speaking with?

???
You are speaking with us. Naturally.

But I don't see anyone.

???
How can you not see us when we are everywhere around you?

I don't understand. How do you even know my name?

???
We know you because you left gifts for us, just as your mother and father did before you. Surely you know us. You wouldn't leave gifts if you didn't know who they were for.

So... you're fairies? Am I dreaming?

Makes sense... I guess. Well, what do you want from me?

???
We have no desire for anything from you. You're the one who seeks our aid, do you not?

I suppose so... Do I get a wish or something?

???
If it's the right wish, then yes.

Then I wish for...

???
The time is not yet right, Cinders. Do not worry. When the moment comes, you will know, and the Lake owes you a favor.

???
It would if you were awake. But here—in between wakefulness and dreams—it is as it should be. You are leaving now, but we will meet again.

Wait, I'm leaving? Where? What do you mean...

To town, to visit Madame Ghede!

This choice isn't terribly important, except to give us a small amount of smart/good/bad points. Similarly for the next one about what our plans are, except that one greatly changes our relationship with Ghede. I chose "I'll wait for my chance," resulting in a bit of a debate. Highlights:

The parting is slightly colder than last time as a result.

Going to see Tobias. We could go to the inn first, but then it would be nightfall and we would automatically go home, missing out on some Tobias flirting and giving him Gloria's shopping list. The scene with the Captain is basically the same if done another day, anyway.

This time, we take a flirtatious approach.

You missed me? But it's only been two days since we last saw each other.

As do I. And even though it was only two days, I missed you, too.

I'm glad to hear that.

With Carmosa out of town, maybe we'll be able to see each other more often?

She'll only be gone for two days, unfortunately.

That's too bad. Things might change for the better, though. As the saying goes, 'Where there's a will, there's a way'.

Well, I need to get going now. Gloria will have a fit if I don't return early. She's taking her role as house guardian VERY seriously.

I can imagine. Your sister has always been serious about everything.

That's true. She tries so hard to be like Carmosa. I know she means well, but it's truly annoying.*

*If we hadn't managed to get a decent relationship with Gloria, this line would instead be "She is NOT my sister.", etc. There are a lot of little differences in the script like that.

Oh! That reminds me, I promised Gloria I'd give you a list of items we need.

Alright. Let me have a look at it. Hm... This isn't a problem. I can deliver all of these things within three or four days.

After some more reminiscing, but before Cinders leaves-

Yes? What is it?

I've really enjoyed seeing you again. I missed our time together as children. But more than that, I miss our time together now as adults. You've changed into such an intelligent and beautiful woman. I was wondering if you'd like to dine with me tonight. I'd love to have more time to talk with you.

Wait... Are you asking me out?

Yes, I am. What would you say? We might not have this opportunity after Carmosa returns.

I'd love to! Gloria might be angry if I return late, but I hardly care about that.

Wonderful! So it's a date, then. Wait for me at the town square at dusk. I'll join you once I close up the shop.

I'll be there. Take care, Tobias.

I really should head back home. Why did I agree to go out with Tobias tonight, again? I must have been out of my mind. If I do go out with him and get back late, Gloria will surely throw a fit. And she does not look pretty when that happens. I should bring a shield. A big one to fend off the insults she will surely aim at me. Does Tobias sell shields? Probably not. But he is a good friend. And that is a rare thing, at least for me it is. My life does not offer a lot of opportunities for friendship. And tonight I am also risking spoiling the one I have. It is a bit too late for second thoughts though. I have made the decision and I will have to deal with the consequences when they come. Might as well just sit on the bench here, relax and watch the sunset. Tobias is sure to finish work soon...

Hell, if a week ago someone told me I would consider Tobias 'a man.' The same 'man' that tried to bet everyone he'd eat an earthworm and considered sneaking up and pulling other childrens' pants down a lot of fun. Yet here I am, waiting for him. He ought to be here by now. He really should hurry up, before I change my mind.

You should be. And I should storm out of here sulking. Why did I wait, I wonder.

Because you want to spend the evening with a brilliant young man who offers an interesting, sparkling conversation?

Oh, so you brought someone with you?

Ok, maybe I deserved that. But please don't be mad. I have a very good excuse for being late. There was this fat man at my store. He had a big, curved up mustache and he was really huge—

I'm serious. There WAS an enormously large customer in my shop. He was picking chocolates and candy. He wandered around asking about this and that, unable to make any decision. He sampled every single edible thing I have for sale. And even then it took him what seemed like hours to make up his mind and choose the kind he wanted. I had to give him a discount as fat as he was to finally get rid of him and be able to come here.

Oh, how chivalrous of you to put me before your own profit!

Always, milady. mmmmmmmmilady.

So how about that sparkling conversation you offered? What topic shall we begin with?

Oh, I'm not a good interlocutor when I'm hungry. I don't know about you, but I am starving right now. What would you say about a trip to the inn? I know the place is a bit shady, but I know the owner, so we can be sure to find a free table. Your waist is so slim I half expect you not to eat at all and live solely on air and sunshine. But you simply have to try their ribs! So how about it?

Sounds good!

I am glad to hear that. After you...

I apologize, Cinders. I'm just really hungry. Believe it or not, but a busy day at the store can sometimes be as wearisome as—

Chopping wood?

Guess you could say that. That or carrying water from the well. Or working stone at a quarry.

I wouldn't know about the quarry, but water and wood seem all too familiar to me.

Of course, I'm sure they would be. How silly of me to complain to you about hard work. I apologize.

I shall never be caught denying a request of a lady. Now let's get that meal. Where are my manners, you're my guest so it's only proper if you order first.

You're too kind, sir. Believe me, I'm not used to this kind of treatment but I think I'm beginning to like it. As for the meal I'll get what you're having. No time to lose, if we want to save you from certain death. You really shouldn't be eating supper this late you realize? It's neither healthy, nor polite.

Oh, I see. This is about my not-so-chivalrous lack of punctuality.

A knight really shouldn't keep his princess waiting, or he may end up feeling hungrier than the dragon.

Oh my. That didn't come out right... Just in time, the drinks are here. Please excuse me while I grown myself and die of disgrace.

Tobias, you really need to relax a bit. You seem to be even more nervous than I am. Besides, I have more reasons to feel uneasy right now. Not only should I be home already, soundly sleeping in my bed like any decent lady should be at this hour... Or helping the servants with their evening routine—as I should be according to Carmosa. I also shouldn't be... Oh, I don't know. Playing a princess, I guess.

If you're referring to us going for a date... Because I'm not really sure I'm still following this fairytale metaphor thing we've got going on. Maybe we could start speaking more plainly from now on?

Yes, Tobias. I'd like that. Even fairy tales shouldn't be too convoluted.

I think I know what you're trying to say. It does feel strange to go out like this. I mean, we've known each other since childhood.

Exactly. It's like one moment we're children playing guards and bandits—

Fiends and fortresses.

Or dens and doctors.

I don't think I remember that one.

You're right of course. But isn't this the point of being all grown-up? Being able to play games without anyone telling you to—

Play them safely?

Yeah. I guess we're not children anymore and we can't do this the same way that we used to. Being nervous is only a sign that we're aware enough of what may happen, what may already be happening. Children are carefree due to ignorance which we can no longer afford.

A very keen observation, Cinders. I think you've managed to grasp exactly what is going on right now. Which isn't really surprising, since you're the one who has arranged this situation. I may not be as observant as you, and certainly not as good with words, but... What I want to say is that I think... Oh, I don't know.

Oh come on, now you have to tell me! What is it?

Alright. I got the impression that you've been flirting with me for the last few days. Now I may be just a humble merchant, but reading people comes with the trade. And you certainly weren't this nice before.

Because I think it would be amusing and/or disastrous, I am turning this date back over to goon democracy. Because if anyone knows how to have a smooth date, it's goons. What should we say here?

(Also note, we haven't necessarily locked ourselves out of romance scenes with Perrault by doing any of this, so don't worry.)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Jesus what did Tobias ever do to you that you leave his fate to the goons.

Maybe...

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

*If we hadn't managed to get a decent relationship with Gloria, this line would instead be "She is NOT my sister.", etc. There are a lot of little differences in the script like that.

By the way, in case anyone hasn't noticed the pattern already, (minor interface-related spoiler) the flowery branch that sometimes appears in the upper right corner of the screen signifies when a scene is affected by our previous choices. I picked up on it pretty fast when I was playing but it's less obvious in a format like this.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

But you weren't exactly protesting, quite the opposite—you seemed like you were enjoying it. And I think you played along just fine.

No need to deny it, I did enjoy the changed you and it felt good to be able to reciprocate your attention. Don't get me wrong, in my eyes you were still that dreamy-eyed girl from years back, who loved her tales of magic, courage, and love. So it took me a while to see beyond that ghost conjured with memory alone and see the real you, the way you are now. But once I did, I was glad to make the effort. You've changed in the most wonderful way. You bloomed and grew into a beautiful woman, and I'd be a complete fool not to play along!

Haha! Oh, Tobias. It might have been the most knightly thing you said this evening just now. And cunning too. I must admit, you coped with my question like a true Sir Gallant! Even if you followed the easiest way out of any trouble—using flattery.

And I am glad to hear that I've passed yet another test.

Thankfully our meals are here and we can stuff our faces silly. Let's eat.

Oh, it sure looks good.

I'd be shocked to find good food in this place too.

Actually I'm surprised. The inn doesn't seem like a place that would serve meals like this.

Oh yes, their chef is excellent.

They even have a chef?

Sure they do. This may be just a local inn, but the food here is quite well-known. According to some, the old King himself liked to dine here from time to time.

Chef, Cinders! And no, quite the contrary—he denies it. But it only makes the people more suspicious. Besides, those who remember the old King have little trouble believing the story. He truly was a great monarch—royal splendor and honor embodied. Just and strong, but also kind and caring for the people. He was a ruler, but not a distant one, and people still miss him. Coming here and eating the food he allegedly favoured gives them comfort.

And what kind of food was that exactly?

Why, the royal cucumber soup, of course!

Cross my heart!

But you must realize how ridiculous it sounds!

Like I said—underneath, the old King was a humble man.

You're obviously pulling my leg!

I am shocked and appalled by such baseless accusations!

Still, the meal IS delicious! I wish I could come here more often.

You can't afford that many comforts living with Carmosa, can you? Would you believe me, if I said that only now I'm beginning to understand your situation? How it changed after your father had died. We may be childhood friends, but I don't really know you that well, Cinders. Actually, I think there are some farmers and traders whom I know better than you.

There is really nothing special to tell. My life isn't that interesting and for the most part it's completely uneventful. Besides, we both know how my situation looks these days. I'd prefer not to dwell too much on this topic, if that's fine with you.

I know. You know what would make a really nice subject for our conversation?

Yes?

You! I bet that Tobias, the merchant, has some really interesting stories to tell!

:siren: There are a few more choices to vote on after this, but if you don't care and want me to just pick whatever, please vote saying that instead.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm fine with your pick.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
Clearly we should see how deep this hole goes.
Ask about Tobias' love life

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

ultrafilter posted:

I'm fine with your pick.

Let's go with this, I just want to see more ~HugTrain Action~.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Pick whatever is the most interesting for these

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
OP's choice

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So Toby's got the childhood friend spot in this production?

I'll let you decide how to deal with him.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

Yeah, just Gloria and Sophia this time. Carmosa would be impossible at this point. It's very hard to be in her good graces if you're also trying to get the Fairy's help, even harder when you want to spin plates with Perrault and Tobias. :getin:

It might be possible and not even that hard, though I need to use detailed game mechanics to explain why.

Character's opinions are stored in the data as a number 0-10 (though the Prince, the fairy, Ghebe, and Carmosa opnions can't actually reach ten)

While I don't know for sure how much opinion we need with Carmosa, I know we didn't get enough last time, because if we did we would have gotten her as an advisor instead of Ghebe.

Let's see here, you get +3 at the start of the game (so your opinion with her can actually go down), we got +1 for doing the shopping without question, -1 for screwing up the shopping trip (not bringing money and arriving late), we got +1 when we told that Ghebe that we admired Carmosa, we will probably get a +1 for both the sisters saying good things about us, and the final +1 for know about the ball isn't that hard to get, this gives us a total of 6 which while that might not seem like enough should be enough for a reason that is a legit plot spoiler about a different ending

If 6 wasn't enough to get Carmosa then marrying the captan in the independent woman ending would be legit impossible.

Because I'm pretty sure you need to visit the captain on Day 1 in order to marry him, and the only two routes to get the independent women ending that allow you marry the captain require a good opinion with Carmosa.

Also I never thought to try going for both the captain and Tobias, I wonder if they thought of this I know there is no ending for this though so at most we are seeing some unique dialouge

weso12 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 11, 2015

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

weso12 posted:

It might be possible and not even that hard, though I need to use detailed game mechanics to explain why.
I'm sure it's not literally impossible, but we've certainly made things harder, and most people don't want her to ride in this run anyway.

In any case, I'll be choosing the interesting/comedy options for the rest of the date, but it will take a bit. I'm in the process of moving and starting a new job, so yeah.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Let's ask about Tobias's love life. This should be good.

What's going on inside his heart?

Haha... You can be very inquisitive, Cinders! The answer is very boring: I simply haven't found the right woman yet.

But how is that possible? I'm sure there were, and are, dozens of ladies dreaming about becoming Mrs. Tobias.

Oh, of course there were. Scores of them! I'm joking, Cinders. But you're right, there were some... candidates. Nothing more than that. It never lasted very long with any of them.

It's not that, I'm not very picky. The problem lies elsewhere. Most of the girls I met weren't really interested in me. You said it yourself, Cinders—I am a shopkeeper. People see my store and they know that I'm doing well. When they look at me, what do you think they see? An investment. Those girls I used to meet with, most of them didn't even bother to act like they were really interested. What they were offering was a deal, a transaction—their good looks and company for my stability and financial security.

Ah, a budding Men's Rights Activist.

Are you trying to tell me that girls don't dream about true romance anymore? I'm sure some of them were looking for a prince rather than a purse.

You're right. There was that one girl... Are you sure you want me to tell you about it?

Tobias, I wouldn't be asking out of false politeness. I really want to know.

Alright. There was this one girl. She was pretty and really nice. She really seemed to be interested in me—she always looked at me when we were talking—unlike some of the other girls. She was really paying attention to my every word. And she had a very cute smile too. I thought she really liked me.

And? What went wrong?

It's a little embarrassing, really... After a while I noticed that the reason she looked at me so intensely each time we were talking, was because—Well... I really shouldn't be too critical. She was very nice you see.

She stared at me because she didn't understand most of the words I was using, and she thought I was reciting her poetry.

...She thought what?

I told you it's embarrassing! She wasn't very bright, you know. And also—She would sometimes breathe through her mouth, also while eating or drinking...

Oh, it was a disaster, Cinders. I tried to explain it to myself that it's actually an asset, that she's original.

One in a million!

But it drove me mad eventually. I realized that spending my entire life with her would be quite hellish. Eventually, we had nothing to talk about, nothing to share. It was dull.

I see. I never realized how difficult it must be—finding a good wife. Now that you've told me all that, I wonder who that would be actually. What is she like—the perfect candidate for Mrs. Tobias?

Oh, I'm not asking for that much. She has to be smart. Beautiful. Supportive. And faithful.

Are you sure women like that walk this earth? Or maybe you're imagining some fairytale princess?

A princess? Oh no! Heaven forbid! My ideal woman exists, I know she does!

And what about you, Cinders? Has some dashing prince caught your eye recently, by any chance?

Practically a prisoner at my own home, I can hardly leave without Carmosa trying to control my every step. I can't really afford to fall for anyone and I don't think about it that much.

:smith: This girl has a complex. Notice this isn't the first or last mention in this conversation.

Looks like yet another dream that woman has stripped you of. I'm sorry, Cinders.

Oh yes, it was delicious, thank you Tobias!

Would you like to go for a walk then? I can tell you're just as stuffed as I am, and there's nothing nicer than having a stroll after a decent meal. Besides, the town looks really picturesque in the evening. Have you ever had a chance to see it?

Yes, it's very beautiful, I know. And strolls aren't very high on Carmosa's list of the things I should be doing...

It's decided then, let's go!

Still, it's quite late—are you sure it's safe to just walk around?

Haha, don't worry, what could possibly happen... You're with me!

Uh... yeah. Sure.

Alright Mr. Poet, let's go!

Ha ha!

Well, it IS a GENERAL store, after all.

I'm glad you liked my stories. Usually I can't really share them with anyone, salesman's ethics, you know.

Well, I guess I should really thank you for sharing them with me then. And thanks for this evening, I had a great time.

I really missed talking with you and I didn't even realize it. I feel like I've met this different person tonight. I've learned quite a lot about her.

You already knew me very well, Tobias.

That's what I'm trying to say: I didn't. At least not like this. You can hardly compare the relationship we had as children to us talking now. Besides, that connection was weakened when your father died. Do you remember that? One day we were talking at least once a week, and the other you were the customer, and I was the merchant.

Pretty sure she remembers her dad dying, bro.

Those weren't the happiest of times.

I could tell you were suffering, but wasn't even able to reach out to you. And after that it just stayed that way. We would only speak about groceries or how much money Carmosa was willing to spend.

Tobias? Do you think I've changed?

Of course you did. You used to be a girl and now, there is this clever and beautiful woman standing in front of me.

“Clever” might be a bit of an overstatement in this run...

Oh? Tell me more about her! Would you say that she is also likable?

Quite a lot, to be honest.

...Since we're being honest, I must say that you've grown up to be a very nice man.

Actually I am the one who got a real bargain this time. Thanks for agreeing to go out with me.

That's not exactly accurate. It was a pleasure for me as well, so it's hardly a bargain. More like a very fair and successful transaction.

I would totally pick the second option, but then Gloria wouldn't like us enough to get the best ending with her. Alas. I'll show it off another time though, for sure.

You're right, we've been talking for hours. Gloria must be out of her mind by now. Which means that it's probably the last time you see me alive. As soon as I walk through the door, she will murder me using the first thing that's heavy or sharp enough. Like a poisoned blade I always think she's hiding in all of that hair.

Actually, she looks more like a candlestick type of a murderer to me.

Maybe that's for the best. Would be a shame to see you murdered with a piece of décor.

Or killed by a bear for that matter. Would you like me to escort you through the dark forest on your way back home? I'm serious, Cinders—it can be dangerous at this hour.

Now this is really nice of you, but I know the way well enough to easily evade the clutches of the big bad wolf.

Alright, I won't argue with you. I really hope you'll have another chance to come to town soon. I'd love to see you again, you know.

Yes, I'd like that.

So... I guess this is goodbye? For now?

Uh, obviously.

Haha! I doubt it was your first kiss, Tobias. If you're trying to play the innocent type you must know that I doubt that refraining from kissing people is a sign of innocence.

No, it's not like that at all. It's just special with you.

Oh my goodness, my poor Tobias. Are you actually blushing?

I think I am. Is that bad? I'm just really happy.

Well if you're happy then I'm happy as well. I'll make sure to come to town and pay you a visit as soon as possible.

Moment ruined, as is the way of their people.

And every coin that passes through your cashbox! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Of course, I wasn't thinking about your money when we kissed. Well, maybe a little bit. Have I told you about my taste for sapphires?

You are incredible. I'm trying to be chivalrous here!

Also rubies. Ooh, those are nice too!

Go already! Leave me to my pining. Oh woe is me! Sir Gallant has met his nemesis! And she was a redhead!

Take care, my dear Tobias!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

:allears:

Oh they are just so cute together

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's good to see Cinders having a nice time of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

I used to love returning home when my Father was alive. I miss sharing the events of the day with him. Now it just seems like a grim prison. And my parole has just been revoked. Not to mention I'm probably up for a long talk with the jailor, seeing how late it is.

Though, I probably shouldn't be surprised that they didn't want you either.

Yes, we do still have a high relationship with Sophia. She's just a jerk like that, all day erryday.

Sophia, charming as always. I kind of expected Gloria to be here and try to reprimand me. It doesn't seem like her to just let such a breach of rules slip without a word.

It does seem strange, doesn't it? I'm as surprised as you are. I thought there was nothing as important for her as taking any chance to mimic Mom's contempt. Oh, I can imagine it already: 'If Mom was here, she would tell you you should have a stick up your derriere, like I do.'

You're awful. And more importantly—off the point. What happened with Gloria?

Both mean that she's not well at all, so I'm content either way.

Still, I wonder what could throw Gloria off her high horse. And out of that annoying Carmosa pose, for that matter. Did something happen in the house today?

Well, dinner was burned a bit, so Gloria got her reason to shout at the servants some more.

That hardly sounds like a reason to get depressed, does it?

No, it does not. But apart from that I couldn't tell you what the reason could be.

Thank you. So if you couldn't say what happened—does that mean you did get the chance to get out of the house?

I didn't. Sunshine, birds and bees and friendly people that will stab you the moment you turn your back are not for me. But I took my time of freedom to stay in my room and rest from all of this, so I saw little of Gloria today.

You stayed in your own room the whole day? How come?

Surely it will come as a surprise to you when I say I'm not a people person. I preferred to use this time for myself alone.

May I ask what you did then?

Things like...?

Oh, that is nothing of importance. At least not in comparison to the ominous discovery Gloria made this morning. Did you know she has found a stain on a curtain in the hallway? That one!

Oh no!

Hard to believe, but it's true. Half of our morning and all of dinner conversation was about that stain being a sign of something greater. Household and lifestyle deteriorating. Servants' morale and respect dropping. Kingdoms falling. Dark times approaching. And most of all—that stain is improper!

Maybe. But so are you. Surely after the whole day in the town you have loads of stories to tell.

It really was nice to get out without the feeling I need to hurry 'or else'. And we usually have so little chance to speak to anyone outside of the house. And the town looks magical in the evening. It simply doesn't go to sleep. All windows are lit, people walk the streets—if only to stroll to the tavern. Have you ever been to the town past sunset?

No, I haven't. Carmosa saw it neither appropriate nor useful for her daughter to go out in the evening. But you must be exhausted.

Indeed I am. Even my small and rock-hard bed seems like a piece of heaven now.

I won't stop you from re-uniting with your bed of rocks, then. I prefer to be alone anyway. But do be careful. Those bed bugs can get really big and eat you alive if you let them. Everything is possible in the fairyland you seem to live in, princess.

I wish you well too, Sophia. Goodnight.

The next morning...

...I'm awake. I'll be right there. I'll get to work in a minute.

No, it's not about that. I just need to talk to you.

Alright, Gloria, what is it? What is so important that you have to speak with me at this hour?

At this hour? You mean noon? I wanted to speak with you about the way you've been behaving these past few days.

Now there goes my nice morning... Or afternoon.

:aaa: Some of this conversation is the same as the last run, but a lot of it is going to be different, so I'm going to go through it all.

Alright Cinders' imagination, now you really need to wake up!

You're right. Our relationship hasn't been very good in the past, but I can see this changing. Lately, you've started behaving more reasonably and responsibly. You are less self-centered, and more aware of our common interest. I just wanted to tell you that I noticed and that I appreciate this little bit of support from you. Deeply.

Oh. Well, I'm really surprised. I don't really know how to respond. Thanks, I guess? It wasn't something I planned, you know? This change you speak of.

As Mother always says: 'Causes aren't important, only consequences matter.' So no matter what caused you to change, what's important is that you are maturing, and it is a good thing indeed.

Excuse me, 'mature'?

Yes, become an adult, a person who is able to grasp a larger picture, go beyond one's own interests. Also someone who can sacrifice personal happiness for the greater good of the house. If it is necessary. I don't deny that it can be difficult at times, but we are not children anymore. We must realize how we all depend on Carmosa and support her in any way we can.

I see. Well it certainly doesn't play well with my idea of maturity. Especially that part about 'supporting' Carmosa.

But her intentions are good! Think about the way she is putting all her strength into giving us a good life. And if you still doubt her, try imagining our lives without her.

Don't mind if I do.

How long do you think this house would last with her gone?

Unfortunately, the 'correct' answer here is to agree.

Alright, I see your point. And as much as I hate to accept it, I think I can agree with at least part of what you're saying. Of course Carmosa MEANS well, it's her house and we're her daughters after all. At least you are. It's her actions, not her intentions, that I have trouble understanding. But maybe not anymore. Perhaps we're more alike than I've imagined. We're survivors. Doing what's necessary to cope with the situation we've been presented with.

If that's true, then Carmosa must be really old, and her sight is completely different than mine. That would explain some things which... Maybe she is a victim of harsh circumstances, maybe she did have to struggle all the time. And yes, maybe I can't really imagine what she went through. But think about the woman she became. A black widow. So spiteful that she hurts her own children.

But Cinders!

Please, let me finish, Gloria. With all the pain she suffered, there was a lesson there that she missed: sometimes being nice to people around you can make all the difference in the world. She has no right, no right whatsoever, to turn our lives into hell, Gloria. And you know it!

She is how she is, Cinders! She is doing her best to manage everything and it is a great burden. She can be terrible but only because life can be terrible to her. You surely don't intend to change her now!

I'm talking about changing ours. We could certainly use some improvement in our natures, you know.

This picture you are painting in front of my eyes, seems pleasant but also not very realistic. It requires one thing which we do not have: mutual agreement. And we will not have that as long as we are not of one mind. That is, as long as Sophia keeps up her silly act.

Gloria, I doubt that it is Sophia who we should be worrying about in this situation. I'm having trouble picturing her opposed to anything that would bring us more freedom from Carmosa. Not, Gloria, it's you—you are the unknown in this equation. We can't be sure about your loyalties.

Now this is something I didn't expect—you behaving just like Sophia! It would seem that you two have much more in common than meets the eye. You both prefer to spend your time criticizing me rather than trying to contribute. You could be helping me, helping US somehow! How can we understand each other if you do not even try?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sophia isn't exactly the happiest girl in the world. She is broken, deeply wounded by the hate that you and Carmosa poured onto her through the years. Her bitterness and armor of cynicism are like a cry for help. If only you could give her any credit, any recognition, then maybe she'd be willing to help you?

She hardly seems interested in...

Let me finish! Before you judge her with your usual presumptions tell me this—when was the last time you actually talked with her?

Do not be ridiculous, Cinders. I spoke with her as recently as yesterday!

I don't mean commenting on house affairs or managing chores, but actually talking. Like sisters. You do remember that you two are sisters, right? Or is family only important to you if it allows you to put blame on other people?

Alright! I see where this is going. Fine. I am not really certain when it happened, but we did lose our connection.

I agree that it is unfortunate, and it isn't only Sophia's fault that we grew apart. Maybe we could work on changing that.

You may be thinking that I'm telling you this to criticize you, but I'm not. All I want is to hear you say things like this. So that we can stop hurting each other all the time—it is the only reasonable thing to do. And you are always the most reasonable one, so it's good that you are willing to give it a try.

And so you recognize it as well. I AM the most reasonable. And I AM the only one here that actually does anything to keep up the house.

That might be just a bit of an overstatement, Gloria. Each one of us puts some work into how this place works. For better or worse. We just have different perspectives, and so we give a different kind of input, but—

Surely you realize how naïve that sounds. It is something one might say to a slow child to spare its feelings.

I didn't want to say anything, but...

Will nobody ever learn? How long am I supposed to guide you and work alone against the laziness and stupidity of others?

Hasn't it ever occurred to you, that you might not have all the answers? Because that's the root of the problem, right there! You try to be our teacher, or a disciplinarian. You have no knowledge that we lack, nor a higher status. And you are not our mother. Stop trying to imitate Carmosa. Is this how you think a sister should act?

Despite the claim that she is the “most reasonable”, the biggest disposition increase actually comes from apologizing rather than reasoning with her.

You're right. I'm sorry. I guess both sides are always responsible for a relationship and neither me nor Sophia has made it easier for you—

Yet again the voice of reason speaks on my behalf. And all it took was a little honesty with yourself to admit that I am right. Can you see the argument for my previous behavior now?

The things we endure for the sake of Hugs...

Stop it! Can you actually hear yourself?! I reached out to you and apologized. And what do you do?

You yourself have admitted that I was right and my behavior WAS correct.

I said that both sides are always responsible. And so I apologized for my faults towards you. But you are responsible too!

And we could do what we always do: throw the blame around. I'm sure there's plenty for everyone. We could even share some with the neighbors! But how about acting normal for a change? We have had it hard in the past and took it out on each other. Let's start over.

And how do you imagine we do that?

We could try to act like sisters for starters. Or at least like a group of semi-friendly normal girls. Exchange information in basic conversation without bringing out the big guns. You know? Talk?

I think I would like that.

I'm glad. I promise to treat you better from now on. To act more sister-like.

Thank you. Fine, I shall try to put some effort into it and treat you well too.

And, in light of taking care of one another, you are still speaking a bit like Carmosa. Please, take more care of yourself and your own needs. Stop trying to become her. Gloria. Would you please stop for a second to think and answer one simple question truthfully? What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in the future? What will you do when Carmosa's not here and you are able to move on? Where do you want to go?

I—I do not know. I just want to make everything better. This house should work as intended and it should do so because of me.

That's fine. You don't have to answer me, just yourself. It may take time and effort. But that is all I meant. I didn't mean to hurt you.

And yet you did.

I'm sorry. But I think someone had to say it. And you needed to hear it. You are not alone. We all have our issues, and we all have it hard. I am simply concerned about you. You seem lost in Carmosa's expectations. Lost enough to even lose your true self.

That is precisely the question you shouldn't be asking anyone. Apart from yourself, that is. We could use a sister, though—especially Sophia needs one.

That sounds nice.

We all need to work on sorting out our own problems, and not waste effort taking things out on each other. This is the only way things will work out.

I guess I thought things would work out for the best if I pleased Carmosa. But my efforts never seem to be sufficient. I think you are right, and there is no 'normal' life to be found in that path.

I'm sorry.

That's fine. We have lived this pattern for so long and we have only started the process of breaking it. And it does not come easily! I'm glad we've had a chance to talk, dear sister. Thank you for really listening.

I am glad as well.

So. Sisters?

How about 'friends'?

That is a start.

I do not see a use for you in the house, since everything seems to be running smoothly.

Thank you, Gloria. If that is the case, how about taking some time off. Don't you want to do something just for fun? In search of your own interests, likes and dislikes?

No. No, I do not think it is wise to leave the house unsupervised. I did hear you though. It is just—But you go ahead. Your life is not easy, so you have the right to use this time of freedom. I do recognize you as a reasonable adult, capable of making wise decisions about how to spend your time.

I really, really appreciate that. I think I will use this time to get out. So—

Cinders, do you—Do you think Sophia hates me?

Thank you, friend. For your honesty, as well as making an attempt to cheer me up. Have a good day.

We did it! :unsmith:

• Locked thread