Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

ed: ^^ Me for the Ravens/49ers SB. Ravens should have lost, I fully expected a run play, instead 3 passes and we won. Amazing.

If you wanna call "getting one surgery instead of the recommended two and getting hurt again less than 4 months after returning early" ok, sure I guess

The Ravens had a block in the back on that kickoff return too. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Grozz Nuy posted:

At least my team didn't fire its coach after a dumb play in the Super Bowl.

(I hope our rivalry is still fun after your team carpet-bombed its core "for reasons")

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm trying to get excited for the draft but... this offseason has been hard, to say the least.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

I saw the first one and it was a hilarious trainwreck, and almost a literal interpretation of Robot Chicken's "Michael Bay Presents Explosions" sketch. The one saving grace was Robert Patrick chewing scenery.

Has anyone seen the other sequels? How terrible are they?

Bad but I've seen worse movies in my time being a guy who watches movies both for fun and also sometimes for a living. Looking forward to Marine 4 because I'm hoping it's as good as Syfy original stuff.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Chris James 2 posted:

I think we all could use a good laugh right now

The worst part about this picture is that my wife offered to actually take me to this for my birthday, and I lived in Baltimore at the time. I saw a card that had Mark Henry/Big Show, and a Nash match, and Ryder was likely jobbing - so I passed. :smith:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Grozz Nuy posted:

The 49ers made two key errors that aren't talked about much. The LaMichael Hunter fumble early on that was a potential 14-point swing and the Ravens drove it down and made it 14-3 when it could have been 10-7 soon in their favor.

And the BIG ONE late, that was wasting a timeout near that final series, like right after the 2-minute warning they took their 2nd timeout when because of miscommunication. That was such a terrible error you don't even understand, they should have just taken the delay. With that 2-minute warning they could have even kicked a FG there because they would have just had to stop the Ravens 3 times and then could have kicked a FG when they got it back(and they 99% would have) to win the game and they were driving the ball really well. That was such a terrible error by the 49ers.

Also Daniel Bryan is finished.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bryan could safely be a trainer right? Goddamn that'd own.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
News comes out that Bryan sprained his ankle.

"Welp, Bryan is retiring."

- PSP

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

News comes out that Bryan sprained his ankle.

"Welp, Bryan is retiring."

- PSP

Considering they're saying they don't even know if he's working Extreme Rules, uh

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Considering they're saying they don't even know if he's working Extreme Rules, uh

I'm just making fun because people were saying the same thing when he was injured before. Immediately just all "he's done forever".

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bryan could safely be a trainer right? Goddamn that'd own.

"No Bull THIS is how you do a Diving Headbutt"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kawalimus posted:

Also Daniel Bryan is finished.

Suddenly I'm optimistic about the future of Daniel Bryan.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I'm just making fun because people were saying the same thing when he was injured before. Immediately just all "he's done forever".

As an isolated incident/first time, I'd agree. But as it stands? He done. Or should be for his own health.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

You mean the injury that put him out for 7 months and he was unable to successfully return from?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

It's a re-aggravation of an injury / problem that took the guy out for months just as he reached the top. There's legit concern if the same issue is popping up again just a couple months into his return.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I too think it's irrational and hilarious that people think the guy in his 30s who has literally 20+ concussions and just suffered a major neck injury that a full year later he's still not recovered from might be just about done.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

On a scale of 1 to Kurt Angle how hosed up is Bryan's body overall, at this point?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RZApublican posted:

On a scale of 1 to Kurt Angle how hosed up is Bryan's body overall, at this point?

We have no way to know for sure but I personally would guess probably about .8 Angles.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

IcePhoenix posted:

Um actually I have it on good authority that Wisconsin is worse than hell

It's pretty nice once you divorce yourself from the sad reality of Scott loving Walker being Governor and a conservative state legislature that seeks to ruin everything good about this state.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RZApublican posted:

Better than Christian... maybe

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr.Smasher posted:

It's pretty nice once you divorce yourself from the sad reality of Scott loving Walker being Governor and a conservative state legislature that seeks to ruin everything good about this state.

This is literally North Carolina too so sad high five in solidarity buddy.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Holy poo poo, they changed the motto on the GoT-style crest for House T from "we comin' for you" to "can you dig it, sucka" :lol:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

ed: ^^ Me for the Ravens/49ers SB. Ravens should have lost, I fully expected a run play, instead 3 passes and we won. Amazing.
God that Superbowl made me feel dirty... I had to cheer for the Ravens to beat the 49ers to keep the Steelers record intact :smithicide:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

pressedbunny posted:

There's a very real chance that DB can't take a Brock beatdown, let alone the one Reigns took.

I recently watched Brock/Angle where Angle couldn't take any bumps that might bother his neck. Knowing that before seeing it, Brock is incredibly safe with Angle. And then he nearly kills himself with the shooting star press. Brock can be as safe as needed, is my point.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

daniel obrian sneezes and this whole forum has a heart attack and yet giant jason tensai train retired from active matches and barely anyone noticed. you all are hypocrites as well as jerks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

daniel obrian sneezes and this whole forum has a heart attack and yet giant jason tensai train retired from active matches and barely anyone noticed. you all are hypocrites as well as jerks.

At least with Albert retired, he can be a cool agent and teach newbies the way instead of guy who isn't used for anything offcamera or on and does nothing while getting paid.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

on one hand, i cannot argue against what you say about tensai.

on the other hand, tensai at least gave us this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQz_L5NKMQQ&t=61s

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If Bryan wasn't such a pussy he could just fill himself full of drugs and HGH like Cena and we wouldn't have a problem.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Dimebags Brain posted:

If Bryan wasn't such a pussy he could just fill himself full of drugs and HGH like Cena and we wouldn't have a problem.

Oh please, everyone knows Cena is powered by the stolen souls of all the Make-A-Wish kids he sees.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd be sad if Bryan went away but Sami Zayn is ready to come up and take over that underdog face role.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Luigi Thirty posted:

Holy poo poo, they changed the motto on the GoT-style crest for House T from "we comin' for you" to "can you dig it, sucka" :lol:

That's some bullshit.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shine posted:

That's some bullshit.

poo poo, I didn't look at it at first. Did it really originally say that? I want to see that so badly.

Also hey Shine can I PM you about some workout advice? It's a really unique situation but I figure you know your poo poo, thanks :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Is Bryan an anime yet? Can someone look on the internet and confirm this?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I like Daniel Bryan

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I like Daniel Bryan

I also like farms and anime

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MassRafTer posted:

vs Nigel McGuinness from the ROH Driven PPV (but taped at an earlier show in Philly.) They basically charged straight at each other and did unprotected headbutts repeatedly until Bryan was busted open hardway. If you've seen a random photo of him from his ROH days with a face full of blood that doesn't look like a blade job you've seen the aftermath.

i didn't know the background of that picture. it's unbelievably badass though, makes him look like an ice cold killer

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Chokes McGee posted:

I also like farms and anime

anime is good.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Daniel Bryan is a beekeeper?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Bryan no-showing Extreme Rules means they can stretch Show/Reigns extra long to keep Chicago happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Chokes McGee posted:

Is Bryan an anime yet? Can someone look on the internet and confirm this?

Bryan's a manga.

• Locked thread