Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mooncity
Feb 15, 2014

You're so wet Cyntia. I cannot possibly describe how wet you are.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

ahahaha how did this guy not get thrown out of art college

Better question is, how did he ever get IN..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

mooncity posted:

If you didn't know any better, based on the art alone, you would also believe that he had potential. It's all about potential.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

All laffs

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Ryan Sohmer posted:

There’s much talk in the [comics] industry of late about sexual harassment, inappropriate behavior and general gender issues. While I don’t think the comics business in any way has a monopoly on these, I am pleased to see that we’re talking about it, recognizing it.

Discussion is always the first step to change.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

worse than even Humon or Polanball

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
don't forget the one w zantanna

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
wow sohmer... wow

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

il-landier posted:

worse than even Humon or Polanball

let's not get ahead of ourselves

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

With no other context, I have to admit that I chuckled at issue #249.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Fortis posted:

The only time you can really get thrown out is Junior Reviews, when it's more like they don't let you keep your major if you haven't shown any improvement. From what I've seen of his work (like that art timeline meme he did), he was actually improving (slightly) until AFTER he graduated, when it went downhill pretty quick, since no one was lighting a fire under his rear end to actually try.

e: also yeah it's a private college, they're not actually going to kick anyone out if they're paying tuition money.

I don't really know how American college works (especially private), but can you not fail a degree by being objectively poo poo by the end even though relatively you're improving? is there no regulation as to what standard you have to be at to earn the degree? Surely the point of having one is to prove you have some baseline level of ability, not just that you 'improved' :psyduck:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Yeah, that's the thing about the K&K world. In universe, humans have evolved past the point where they were supposed to, e.g. the point where we started disrupting and destroying the environment. So birds from our future traveled into an alternate past and stopped monkeys from evolving into humans, instead uplifting every animal and shepherding the evolution of their culture into an exact duplicate of our own without the industrial revolution somehow loving over the environment.

So anything that's a purely human construct is bad, but anything that can be attributed to animal behavior is good. So tool use is bad except when it's Information Technology but overusing technology is bad except when it isn't because The Birds say so.

I don't really know how American college works (especially private), but can you not fail a degree by being objectively poo poo by the end even though relatively you're improving? is there no regulation as to what standard you have to be at to earn the degree? Surely the point of having one is to prove you have some baseline level of ability, not just that you 'improved' :psyduck:

He had improved, the thing was that he attributed the improvement to "being forced to work in someone else's style to make the grade" rather than "being trained to make something that's aesthetically pleasing." Once he got out of college he backslid to the point where he's at now.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 2, 2014

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!

The way it works with most programs (as someone who went to a private American university) is that you get credits by passing classes and you get your degree once you get a certain number of credits (and also fulfill some number of other criteria like a thesis or breadth requirements or whatever), and if you haven't fulfilled all the requirements after four years you have to stay on until you either finish up or decide to give up and stop racking up debt (at which point you have definitively flunked out). It's theoretically possible to pass art classes while not being very good at art by coasting through on a Gentleman's C, but I'm not sure if that's what happened here.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

hmm, i haven't checked this thread for months, i wonder if web comics are still bad

ah, great, well cya

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, that's the thing about the K&K world. In universe, humans have evolved past the point where they were supposed to, e.g. the point where we started disrupting and destroying the environment. So birds from our future traveled into an alternate past and stopped monkeys from evolving into humans, instead uplifting every animal and shepherding the evolution of their culture into an exact duplicate of our own without the industrial revolution somehow loving over the environment.

So anything that's a purely human construct is bad, but anything that can be attributed to animal behavior is good. So tool use is bad except when it's Information Technology but overusing technology is bad except when it isn't because The Birds say so.

LOL!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

mooncity posted:

He drew the pirate and the turtle and sent the brochure in

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
The hustings are in! With most of the votes counted, it looks like a runaway victory for "andy wilkins sux cok lol"

They also have a high school newspaper that gets published more than once every three months, by the looks of things.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Private colleges are basically giant scams built around sucking as much money out of the federal student loans program as possible and then leaving the student with crippling debt and a worthless degree at best.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Private colleges are basically giant scams built around sucking as much money out of the federal student loans program as possible and then leaving the student with crippling debt and a worthless degree at best.

The Ivy League are all private colleges. You're thinking specifically of for-profit colleges; important distinction :eng101:

(that said, it appears a large number of America's accredited for-profit colleges are in fact art schools)

mooncity
Feb 15, 2014

ALFbrot posted:

Heh. I actually got that reference.

FYI: Charles Schultz worked for that outfit as an instructor back in the 50's.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Kurieg posted:

K&K is really weird. I love that birds were the next logical species to rise to sapience after humanity evolved into beings of pure energy.

Of course after becoming sapient they immediately turned into malevolent beings and went full on Terminator, but you left out the best part. After going back in time and playing god they grew tired of ruling the world as the shadowy dominion of the birds, so they created Skynet. Skynet then took over ruling the world under the cover of Y2K, and the bird illuminati shot their advanced technologies far into the future to prevent tampering. Finally they washed their wings of the whole affair and went on to live normal bird lives.

Oh and the leader of the bird illuminati went to live as a dolphin in the human world after Skynet took over.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
so what you're saying is that its bad

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

You just need to pass. It's really easy to pass art school if you do the bare minimum. The trick is to leverage the resources available to you to really make something out of the experience instead of spend 4 years doing nothing but what you're told to do and then expect to be handed a job on your way out.
Also, the threat of failing probably lit a fire under his rear end. His art timeline meme showed actual improvement (however incremental) during his college years and then immediately goes back to eyebrow motion line bonanza time as soon as he's out.

ALFbrot posted:

MCAD is a good school :arghfist::saddowns:

Fortis fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 2, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

So, since he got elected to some non-position at a dumb school she now wants to spermjack him because :biotruths: ?

I just spent fifteen minutes looking for the "she hung up!" Ted Rall blowjob of despair and found nothing, wanted to combine it with this. gently caress that. gently caress this. gently caress everything.

VIPER STRIKE!

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647496&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post431674559

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

e: bromide no

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

they could just permaban him but this way he can keep buying unbans and giving them more money even though its arguably far more harmful to him

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So last time on anime mom can't get laid we found out her two children, half-siblings, hate each other. This time, poo poo starts getting really anime.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Afraid of Audio posted:

so what you're saying is that its bad

Well it is a webcomic soooo

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Post 9-11 User posted:

I just spent fifteen minutes looking for the "she hung up!" Ted Rall blowjob of despair and found nothing, wanted to combine it with this. gently caress that. gently caress this. gently caress everything.

You could've asked. :shobon:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

corn in the bible posted:

they could just permaban him but this way he can keep buying unbans and giving them more money even though its arguably far more harmful to him

honestly worried about them at this point

mooncity
Feb 15, 2014

Is Bromide our Chris Chan, then...?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

mooncity posted:

ill start the wiki

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

mooncity posted:

so far no goons have got married because of Bromide, but there's still time

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Spoonful is the reason lowtax brought back the forums instead of leaving them to die.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Allen Wren posted:

So last time on anime mom can't get laid we found out her two children, half-siblings, hate each other. This time, poo poo starts getting really anime.

Time out kids! You know what that means. No moving your necks for the next hour.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Wait, someone got married because of Chris-Chan? Like he drove some poor woman to rush marriage with her boyfriend in a vain attempt to stop him from creeping on her?

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

vaguely posted:

so far no goons have got married because of Bromide, but there's still time

brb working on my CAD proposal comic edit

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation

Angry Walrus posted:

Wait, someone got married because of Chris-Chan? Like he drove some poor woman to rush marriage with her boyfriend in a vain attempt to stop him from creeping on her?

Nah, I think two of the people devoting their lives to documenting the shirts he wore in his videos etc bonded over the experience and got hitched.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Was there a Chris-Chan/Sonichu themed wedding or something?

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

BloodWulfe posted:

brb working on my CAD proposal comic edit

nevermind, it was a miscarriage of an edit :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

a real hero, real humon being

• Locked thread