Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mark Sanchez just moved the Jets up 1 spot in the draft. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

commy gun posted:

Mark Sanchez loving owns.

He's probably too good for Philly, TBQH.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lock thread, your messiah betrayed us when he was needed most

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Told y'all.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Eat a dick Mark Sanchez. So the Redskins are still gonna trade us RGIII for peanuts, right?

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Kalli posted:

Told y'all.

This season has had Colt McCoy beat out RG3, and Jimmy Clausen get played in place of Jay Cutler. I dreamed of an all pro Mark Sanchez, compounding the frustration of an aimless Jets organization, but today that dream has died.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

357 yards 2 TD and he still loses, he still. loses

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

The loss today ain't on Sanchez. Despite that interception

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Yaws posted:

I understand the point you are making, but the interception led directly to the winning FG

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean it was a tie game and the interception put the Redskins at midfield so I think I would probably say that the loss was on Sanchez

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Do it Chip, go get RGIII!

:getin:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

I mean it was a tie game and the interception put the Redskins at midfield so I think I would probably say that the loss was on Sanchez

Or their FG kicker who missed two key FGs? Or their D who played poorly against the dismal Washington offense?

Looking at Sanchez' stats, I think I'd still place the blame elsewhere.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

357 yards 2 TD and he still loses, he still. loses

On 37 completions. If you expect him to be a real QB and not a YAC initiator, welp

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

lmao not with a bang but with a whimper

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yaws posted:

Or their FG kicker who missed two key FGs? Or their D who played poorly against the dismal Washington offense?

Looking at Sanchez' stats, I think I'd still place the blame elsewhere.
I mean if the Eagles defense gave up 0 points then yes I suppose the INT wouldn't matter but an interception in a tie game that leads to the game losing score is A Bad Thing

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Yaws posted:

He still had a lovely game, the stats don't tell the story. He's ridiculously inaccurate+late and nearly threw two picks before the one he finally boned.

Of course he's not the only problem (Cary Williams, Bradley Fletcher, Cary Fletcher, Bradley Williams, those three bananas roughing the passer calls) but before he took over the team was good enough to overcome those problems. Now they ain't.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

quote:

lmao not with a bang but with a whimper

With a DeSean Jackson sticking a dagger into their heart. Cooper did play well though so it takes some sting out of my "JESUS gently caress THIS TEAM WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER WITH DJAX" rant today.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yaws posted:

Replace Sanchez with Romo and this was the exact conversation I had last year during the Broncos/Cowboys game. Not saying I disagree with you buddy, but public perception is what it is.:smith:

EDIT: Oh wait. Almost forgot. Sanchez actually is bad. Romo actually is good. So there's one big difference.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680478&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post437510967

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I expect a win tonight. And then moving on to being terrified of most of the rest of the schedule. (Aside from Dallas on Thanksgiving. Eagles win that one easy. That's the deal, we get to clown NFC east opponents in big spots like that but we never get to have a ring.)

:cripes:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

aBagorn posted:

I understand the point you are making, but the interception led directly to the winning FG

if tony romo made that same pick in the same situation people would be coming out of the woodwork to talk about how it's not his fault

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you are in a position where a single play decides the game, you probably should have played better in the first place hth

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sour Diesel posted:

if tony romo made that same pick in the same situation people would be coming out of the woodwork to talk about how it's not his fault

Tony Romo has a body of work that gives him the benefit of the doubt.

He has never run into a butt, as an example.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

CharlestheHammer posted:

Tony Romo has a body of work that gives him the benefit of the doubt.

He has never run into a butt, as an example.

He botched taking that snap for the field goal against the Seahawks and then failed to make the first down and turned the ball over on downs.

Not as sexy as a butt fumble though, I guess.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Mark Sanchez actually sucks. Who knew?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'd be okay with Philadelphia Football Eagle Robert Lee Griffin III

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

commy gun posted:

Mark Sanchez loving owns.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sour Diesel posted:

uhhhh, don't ever drive through Dallas after a game like that. Sometimes I'm not sure who the psychotic Cowboys fans would kill first: Jones or Romo. Being a Romo supporter in the DFW area can be a frustrating thing at times.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I live in DFW

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sour Diesel posted:

I live in DFW

Then tell me where you live, and I shall move immediately. Cause I've been surrounded by Romo haters since I moved up in 2007.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sour Diesel posted:

Maybe because there is actual evidence of Tony Romo being a terrific QB?.....

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Please rename the thread Mark Sanchez is an Ugly Moron with a Big Butt and his Butt Smells and he Likes to Smell his own Butt Station

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 21, 2014

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Sour Diesel posted:

To be fair, most of the fans outside TFF would be saying "lol Romoception, so unclutch". Lest we forget when Romo did just that against the Broncos last year.

Quiet Feet posted:

Please rename the thread Mark Sanchez is an Ugly Moron with a Big Butt and his Butt Smells and he Likes to Run Into His Own Butt

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Alouicious posted:

if you are in a position where a single play decides the game, you probably should have played better in the first place hth

Not for nothing, but there's several Super Bowls where this has happened. High stakes games are basically 22 people playing chess against each other while simultaneously having a bar fight.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Quiet Feet posted:

Please rename the thread Mark Sanchez is a Stupid Moron with an Ugly Face and a Big Butt and his Butt Smells and he Likes to Kiss his Teammate's Butts Station

Ftfy

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Quiet Feet posted:

Please rename the thread Mark Sanchez is an Ugly Moron with a Big Butt and his Butt Smells and he Likes to Smell his own Butt Station

Mods please do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The Eagles Have Been Eliminated From The Playoff Race.

Mark Sanchez Is Who We Thought He Was.

• Locked thread