Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

There are two stories here.

1) Brown Univ. student wanders off and suicides. During the search, the internet speculates he was the bomber.
2) Random guy at the Boston Marathon is seen in photos wearing a backpack and gets put on the front page of the NY Post.

3) GBS goes into damage control mode and claims it was only reddit doing the internet detectiving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

3) GBS goes into damage control mode and claims it was only reddit doing the internet detectiving

They always leave out number 3

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Yeah, that was the best part.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

3) GBS logs into their reddit accounts to continue discussion in a larger and more popular setting

ftfy

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
stay safe floating head javascript ghost

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

If you haven't set up a mike brown cafepress yet then you're officially backing the wrong agenda and also an eva fan by extension

that's one bad crop away from being a p good fyad flag

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

bucketmouse posted:

that's one bad crop away from being a p good fyad flag

shut the gently caress out my face with that crap

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

bucketmouse posted:

I see it even with all scripts disabled. GBS is really haunted! :ohdear:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Paladinus posted:

In Russian it's considered cutesy for a young woman to use masculine verbs when talking about herself. It's a recent fad, though.

I guess I should pay more attention to our social media, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RottenK posted:

I guess I should pay more attention to our social media, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe you should talk to women more. :smug:
I've heard it in real life from ladies from Minsk, Yekaterinburg, Moscow, and Harkiv. Things like 'Вчера я посмотрел(ь) фильм'. It's close to babytalk when they refer to themselves in third person probably mixed with a stereotypical Central Asian accent borrowed from the hit sketch comedy show Nasha Russia (Russian version of Little Britain).

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Paladinus posted:

Maybe you should talk to women more. :smug:
I've heard it in real life from ladies from Minsk, Yekaterinburg, Moscow, and Harkiv. Things like 'Вчера я посмотрел(ь) фильм'. It's close to babytalk when they refer to themselves in third person probably mixed with a stereotypical Central Asian accent borrowed from the hit sketch comedy show Nasha Russia (Russian version of Little Britain).

Huh. Never encountered anything like that.

Also I know what Наша Russia is, I think at this point every russian with a tv or a VKontakte account knows what it is :v:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Maybe the professor thought boy was gender-neutral. :shrug:

For all white people in authority are old-timey racists, you see.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

oppa gangnam style

(eyyy sexy lady)

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

I identify as a 'sack of poo poo,' my pronouns are poo poo/poo poo/poo poo.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

seriously always wondered what the offspring of richie rich and whoopi goldberg would be

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

thisiswhiteculture" posted:

quote:

Anonymous asked: I'm going to unfollow you until you stop posting Ferguson stuff sorry.
nah, you can just unfollow me forever. have fun supporting institutionalised racism and cold blooded murder.

thisiswhiteculture posted:

Like, I think the Wilson grand jury result was bullshit, but wow do I love seeing these people's impotent rage.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
the only thing worse than a yume nikki clone is a yume nikki clone with default rpg maker graphics:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

the only thing worse than a yume nikki clone is a yume nikki clone with default rpg maker graphics:

im the bed tiles with nothing behind them

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

im the bed tiles with nothing behind them

wow i never noticed that

the rest of the game was so eye-meltingly lovely I sort of went into a waking coma while playing it

also... she made a loving rhythm game (using a script from someplace else of course) :gonk:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Noyemi K posted:

For those who don't know, the original Yume Nikki could be best described as outsider art (and could only be described very loosely with the term "game", really). It only works because it comes from a place of such sincerity -- you get the idea playing it that the creator made it because it was the best way to express his ideas, not to get Internet Famous. Making a clone of it because you liked it and it's popular is missing the point entirely. Making a clone of it that is this low-effort is sad for multiple reasons.

e: Don't play Yume Nikki if you are expecting a game; it is by most possible measurements not a good game. If you're curious there's an LP of it.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

loquacius posted:

For those who don't know, the original Yume Nikki could be best described as outsider art (and could only be described very loosely with the term "game", really). It only works because it comes from a place of such sincerity -- you get the idea playing it that the creator made it because it was the best way to express his ideas, not to get Internet Famous. Making a clone of it because you liked it and it's popular is missing the point entirely. Making a clone of it that is this low-effort is sad for multiple reasons.

e: Don't play Yume Nikki if you are expecting a game; it is by most possible measurements not a good game. If you're curious there's an LP of it.

copying for popularity has worked for a select few (mostly japanese)

tumblrites and pixiv-goers alike fap endlessly to lol's terrible pixel art and music (it's really, really loving bad but they say it's great) and spend countless hours examining and re-examining it for "themes" and other things ham-fistedly crammed into some lovely facsimile of yume nikki's style of not-symbolism

I lost interest not long after I started making games but for some of these people they haven't grown out of it yet and their mission is to make "the next Yume Nikki... with more gore"

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I too, burn flags when juries make decisions I don't like.

Why can't we have some kind of autocrat who always makes the right decision. Like me.

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

Man Whore posted:

I too, burn flags when juries make decisions I don't like.

Why can't we have some kind of autocrat who always makes the right decision. Like me.

As a flagkin...

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Tracula posted:

It's almost like sometimes you can dox the wrong person too. Didn't Reddit go on a pretty big witch hunt after the Boston Bombings and get some innocent people in some serious trouble?

Also I hate to be this guy but even if they are KKK members... so what? What does posting dox even accomplish other than you hope someone goes to their house and murders them?

not just reddit, read the GBS thread at the time, goons were in on the game too

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
wait i followed that lp link and it says the game was released in 2004, whats all this tumblr crap about it?

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This rule is so easily exploitable. I'm triggered by poor grammar; if you're gonna turn every word into its own exclamatory sentence plz tag that poo poo or my life will become a ruin, TIA. Same with unnecessary apostrophes, whining, bad opinions, imperatives made toward people over whom you have no authority regarding rules they never agreed to, all of it. Tag everything. Because I told you to. Don't tell me it's not valid. :colbert:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
People using apostrophes to signal an incoming S triggers me something fierce

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
trigger warnings that don't apply to me trigger me because it makes me feel inferior that i don't have cool phobias

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I just remembered the king of the hill episode where they hire the drug addict and everyone starts pretending to be disabled to get out of work

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

all it needs is a third tumblrite to accuse them of cultural appropriation for their hairstyle or something

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I'm triggering because I am a fat bitch.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I am not a book posted:

nah, you can just unfollow me forever. have fun supporting institutionalised racism and cold blooded murder.
Like, I think the Wilson grand jury result was bullshit, but wow do I love seeing these people's impotent rage.
[/quote]

actually they are overjoyed to have a source of righteous outrage, if racism didn't exist they'd invent it

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

laws of thermodynamics? :rolleyes: what the gently caress does that white cishet male newton know, i generate my energy out of nothing

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Thin privilege is having your boyfriend threat you with break up

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
dont bodyshame anyone!

ur thin selfie on ur own blog is triggering me stop it!

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

wow if you gain nearly 100 pounds in less than 3 years you deserve to be dumped

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Noyemi K posted:

If i learned one thing from the internet, its that it is HIS fault for LETTING her gain 100 pounds in 3 years.
loving CWMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Noyemi K posted:

At that point, you're nearly another person from who they started dating.

• Locked thread