Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Maybe the curse gets broken if you drive a stake through Anthony Burch's heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Memes are good now, welcome to the future.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

Much topical. So humor.

It seems weird to feel this but... I kinda wish Sunset Overdrive got the FUSE treatment. The traversal looks fun and I'm a sucker for a good character creator, but goddamn is their flailing at hipness off-putting. The game's style seems like the sum of a hundred dads asking, "What're the kids in to?"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The memes Jack!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The first trailer had that Death Set song from the VHS credits, so that's good.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I want to know what memes are based on social commentary.

Swolegoat
Nov 4, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

Memes are good now, welcome to the future.

I have seen the meme wars

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

But what if pouting like a lovely baby when someone makes a joke you don't like is itself a meme?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The lesson developers learned from Borderlands 2 is that no, you really can just stuff a bunch of memes into your game and people will in fact eat that poo poo up.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

why does he come out feet first? is it because the cake is a lie?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
You can't make a portal in the air they hosed up

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Captain Novolin posted:

Watson is a perfect likeness of David Burke who is about as perfect for it as it gets.

cheesetriangles posted:

Jeremy Brett was the best. Those were the best adaptation of Holmes there ever will be.
loving good opinions, right here.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Multiplayer in the new call of duty is pretty fun, adding the third dimension to movement and level design really does a lot to spice it up.

If you don't already like the basic CoD gameplay, it being faster and more dynamic won't do anything for you, but I haven't played one of these since Black Ops and it's fun as hell.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

getting_everything_wrong.gif

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
New Call of Duty and Sunset Overdrive are absolutely my poo poo

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Arstan posted:

Much topical. So humor.

It seems weird to feel this but... I kinda wish Sunset Overdrive got the FUSE treatment. The traversal looks fun and I'm a sucker for a good character creator, but goddamn is their flailing at hipness off-putting. The game's style seems like the sum of a hundred dads asking, "What're the kids in to?"

According to popular Japanese animes the kids are into incest

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Arstan posted:

why does he come out feet first? is it because the cake is a lie?

I'm triggering so loving hard right now.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

VDay posted:

The lesson developers learned from Borderlands 2 is that no, you really can just stuff a bunch of memes into your game and people will in fact eat that poo poo up.

Why do you think Youtube personalities are so loving popular.

Hint: it's not because they are original.

Hint 2: It's the same reason stuff like Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are popular.

It's because there's a lot of loving people that are really loving stupid out there and can't handle any comedy beyond the most stupid braindead jokes.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Yes please large professional team spending years and millions to make a commercial game, I would like you to use the style of humor used by amateurs to quickly say something funny for low effort in forum posts and youtube comments.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hat Thoughts posted:

New Call of Duty and Sunset Overdrive are absolutely my poo poo

poo poo is your poo poo?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Higsian posted:

Yes please large professional team spending years and millions to make a commercial game, I would like you to use the style of humor used by amateurs to quickly say something funny for low effort in forum posts and youtube comments.

Also it's mad important to base this humor on short lasting memes funny when you start development and sure to be old and unfunny after the year or so it takes to get the game in our hands.

Hey guys did you hear about this fuckin grumpy cat?

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

poo poo is your poo poo?

don't kinkshame

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Sputty posted:

don't kinkshame

i just didn't know he was german

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Things I like in games

1. Going Fast
2. Shootin/Stabbin stuff

Things you do in Sunset Overdrive/Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

1. Go Fast
2. Shoot/Stab stuff

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hat Thoughts posted:

Things I like in games

1. Going Fast

Things you do in Sunset Overdrive

1. Go Fast

yeah... you don't go fast in that game bro

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
They trick you into thinking you're going fast via speed lines and sparks, that's all I need

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also it's mad important to base this humor on short lasting memes funny when you start development and sure to be old and unfunny after the year or so it takes to get the game in our hands.

Would you say that the SA memes placed into New Vegas acceptable because they are borderline obscure even on this forum (also because they could be toggled off)?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I find them unacceptable specifically because they had to be toggled on.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mordiceius posted:

Why do you think Youtube personalities are so loving popular.

Hint: it's not because they are original.

Hint 2: It's the same reason stuff like Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are popular.

It's because there's a lot of loving people that are really loving stupid out there and can't handle any comedy beyond the most stupid braindead jokes.

Can you tell this to my coworker who says "Bazinga!" thirty times a day?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Hell yeah

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9axpBpxfw6Y

Goddamn it now I want to play CoD just to see how stupid it gets

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

guess you werent a bad enough dude? heh

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Can you tell this to my coworker who says "Bazinga!" thirty times a day?

drat u get sheldoned 30 times a day???

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Call of Duty is confident in being the most bombastic, stupidest thing on earth and I love it

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Grumpy Cat is extremely topical though??
http://gladwinput.com/idiots-gave-grumpy-cat-movie-just-bad-youd-think/

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh my god, Spacey is doing another stupid loving accent? I have to play this game. Hope Redbox gets the 360 version.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
lock n' load
rock n' roll
stay frosty
jetpacks hot

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Gears of War: Your friend's wife is a rock and things are sad or whatever, Donnie Darko Mad World

Call of Duty: Ur riding a horse and shooting rockets at helicopters and gunning down other people but later you jump on a tank and fight him Indiana Jones style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I want to die.

Oh no I'm the grumpy cat fuuuuuuuu

• Locked thread