Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

HulkaMatt posted:

No I'm sorry this wasn't very irritating at all compared to his OH EDDIE.

please dave please you're hurting me please don't hurt me please dave please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Matlock posted:

please dave please you're hurting me please don't hurt me please dave please
His best friend was attacking him! You can be so cruel :smith:

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

Atticus Finch posted:

His best friend was attacking him! You can be so cruel :smith:

We can? Thanks, Atticus Finch!

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
THEMattHardy (or whatever): don't worry y'all... v1 may have laid down 2nite but this issue between me and batista is far from over... ITS JUST CHAPTER 1 MFers!!!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Does this chapter end with him losing a match and getting kicked off Smackdown?

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
CM Punk is reduced to beating up on referees now?

Smackdown is breaking my heart. :cry:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NoMoneyDown posted:

As long as he's smiling and having fun that's all that matters. He'll get the title back don't worry.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

NoMoneyDown posted:

He could be in TNA jobbing to referees.

Codependent Poster posted:

Does this chapter end with him losing a match and getting kicked off Smackdown?

It ends like this:

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
So I wish Striker would just pull double-duty announcing since the shows tour and tape together anyway, because the new ECW guy was just a platitude-spouting phony broadcasting cliche.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Sugar Blaster posted:

So I wish Striker would just pull double-duty announcing since the shows tour and tape together anyway, because the new ECW guy was just a platitude-spouting phony broadcasting cliche.

I didn't think the new guy was that bad. He wasn't as good as JR or Striker, but he was still much better than Cole.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Sugar Blaster posted:

He's new.

He's already better than Cole, Coach or Adamle.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Umbra Dubium posted:

He's new.

He's already better than Cole, Coach or Adamle.

for pure hilarity, nobody will be better than mike adamle.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

He reminded me a lot of Coachman when he first started talking. He did alright as the show went on but eh.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

HulkaMatt posted:

He reminded me a lot of Coachman when he first started talking. He did alright as the show went on but eh.

They should've had Dusty as the color commentator. :(

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

nyratk1 posted:

They should've had Dusty as the color commentator. :(

Dusty wouldn't want to do it.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

HulkaMatt posted:

Dusty wouldn't want to do it.

Too bad because I want to see him call Yoshi Tatsu and a bicycle.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

HulkaMatt posted:

What, because he's black, eh?

I agree with you, but he managed to talk about the match without waffling too much, I think he'll improve.

Josh Mathews has improved leaps and bounds in the few months he's been on.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Umbra Dubium posted:

Josh Mathews has improved leaps and bounds in the few months he's been on.

He was quite good on Velocity; I think it was just a matter of getting used to the position again.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Umbra Dubium posted:

What, because he's black, eh?

More because he was quite silent at times. :v:

Guzim
Nov 10, 2007

Take me away from this big bad world and agree to marry me. So we can start over again.

Writer Cath posted:

He was quite good on Velocity; I think it was just a matter of getting used to the position again.
WWE should reunite Matthews with Bill DeMott (Hugh Morrus). They were pretty good together.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Josh Matthews is responsible for some of my favorite commentary exchanges of all time.

quote:

Josh: "You know Tazz, Matt mentioned the solar system. You hate the solar system."
Tazz: "I can't stand the solar system."

quote:

Tazz: "I got an idea."
Josh: "Yeah, I got an idea - why don't you stop hurting me with your words!?!"

I loved how Tazz openly complained about being punished by having to work with Josh on Velocity.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I want Noble to go to ECW, just so Josh can call him the "Redneck Messiah" or "Jamie :bahgawd: Noble" again.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Tato posted:

Josh Matthews is responsible for some of my favorite commentary exchanges of all time.

quote:

Josh: "You know Tazz, Matt mentioned the solar system. You hate the solar system."
Tazz: "I can't stand the solar system."

:wtc:

Was this as hilarious and as out-of-nowhere as I'm imagining?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If it was Striker, he would have said "We've got music in our solar system."

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chilly McFreeze posted:

If it was Striker, he would have said "We've got music in our solar system."

Nah, he'd call Tazz, Galactus the Devourer of Worlds. Because he hates the solar system.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NoMoneyDown posted:

He's beating up refs at the suggestion of Vince McMahon. This makes him a thoroughly made man.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn
I love WH2K sometimes.

"God, RAW is so boring, its just the same main eventers wrestling over and over again"

"What? CM Punk is not in the main event for Smackdown? This is bullshit!"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dylar Addict posted:

I love WH2K sometimes.

"God, RAW is so boring, its just the same main eventers wrestling over and over again"

"What? CM Punk is not in the main event for Smackdown? This is bullshit!"

Gotta admit, this is true. Besides, for all those saying "PUNK IS DONE NOOOOO" he's VINCE MCMAHON (the character at least, if not the man himself)'s new golden boy.

Punk is just fine.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
R-Truth b. CM Punk

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Slam Master J b. CM Punk

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

"It's clobberin time!" is now a regular part of Punk's entrance. It's perfect.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

tzirean posted:

:wtc:

Was this as hilarious and as out-of-nowhere as I'm imagining?

Pretty much out no where. Josh Matthews did a good job recognizing that Tazz is a curmudgeon and hates pretty much everything, including solar system references in Matt Hardy promos.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Thursday's Impact

quote:

Madison Rayne vs. Taylor Wilde
Wilde wins by pinfall. Rest of Beautiful People run in and beat down on Wilde. Sarita attempts the save but gets beat down. ODB runs in and clears the ring.

AJ Styles makes his way to the ring. Talks about Hogan bringing TNA to a whole new level. Switches to who has jumped him and calls him out. Daniels comes out they go back and forth and ends with Daniels calling AJ arrogant and saying he is spoiled by TNA. Daniels claims he is just as good as AJ. Now Joe comes out to join the conversation to stir things up saying Daniels is jealous of AJ. Sets up AJ vs. Daniels for tonight.

EY and Rob Terry vs. Beer Money
Beer Money wins after EY accidentally hits Big Rob with the Legends Title. British Invasion comes down to save EY from a DUI. When W.E. gets to the top of the ramp they are jumped by the MCMG.

Penzer announces that Joe will be the ref for the AJ vs Daniels match.

Cody Deaner vs. Desmond Wolfe
One clothesline and its done...guess who won...Wolfe. He goes to the top of the ramp to address Kurt just running him down wondering why he would want to get back in the ring with him at Turning Point.

Joe comes down to ref AJ vs. Daniels with latex gloves on?

Daniels makes his way to the ring and they cut to AJ in the back with JB. AJ is attacked by his mystery attacker so its not Joe or Daniels...as Daniels goes back to check AJ, Joe jumps him and gives him a muscle buster.

Tara vs. Hamada
Tara wins after a Widow's Peak. Kong comes out but is stopped by security just before she can get in the ring. Tara goes to the top rope and dives on Kong and security.

Penzer claims Daniels vs. AJ will still happen.

Mick Foley comes out and says he has a gift for Abyss which turns out to be a drawing of him and Abyss. He praises who Abyss has become. Next week Abyss vs. Dr. Stevie. If Abyss pins Stevie then he is gone from TNA.

Homicide vs Bobby Lashley w/ Krystal who quickly gets sent to the back by Earl Hebner. Lashley wins after a one handed press slam. Cide attacks Lashley from behind only to be brought up for another press slam Lashley drops him after he sees Steiner on the screen going after Krystal. Lashley goes to the back. Cide pushes Earl Hebner twice until Red comes out to save Earl.

AJ vs. Daniels (Take 2)
Crowd was really behind this one and it was a great match that went back and forth between the two. AJ wins after the Styles Clash. At the end of the match Joe looks like he is about to leave and instead chokes AJ out and poses over the two holding the title belt.

Team 3D vs. Morgan and Hernandez
During the match Rhyno comes down mid match and attempts to give Brother Ray a chair but he pushes Rhyno away. Ray finally snaps and uses the chair on their opponents. They 3D looks disappointed in themselves and Rhyno gores both Hernandez and Morgan. He then raises 3D's arms in the middle of the ring.

The Beautiful People and Kong vs ODB, Sarita, Taylor Wilde, and Tara
Heels win after Kong pinned Taylor.

For the record, Hogan did a book signing in St. Louis tonight

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Well that looks like a lovely episode.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That... well, that actually sounds like a decent iMPACT!.

Russo, trying to keep his job, has proven that he can, in fact, put on a decent show. In doing so, however, he's also shown us that he must have purposefully been putting on a lovely show until now.

grody but still def posted:

Well that looks like a lovely episode.
Why? It advances every match from the PPV, nobody acts out of character, there aren't any wacky antics, the wrestling was taken seriously, and the main-event feud looks strong as poo poo. What looked lovely about it?

Edit: You also have to keep in mind that the segments are shot out-of-sequence, so they won't air in this order.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Wasn't Abyss and Foley just feuding? Now they're friends again? I'm so confused.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

That... well, that actually sounds like a decent iMPACT!.

Russo, trying to keep his job, has proven that he can, in fact, put on a decent show. In doing so, however, he's also shown us that he must have purposefully been putting on a lovely show until now.

Why? It advances every match from the PPV, nobody acts out of character, there aren't any wacky antics, the wrestling was taken seriously, and the main-event feud looks strong as poo poo. What looked lovely about it?

Edit: You also have to keep in mind that the segments are shot out-of-sequence, so they won't air in this order.

Lets look at it. British Invasion are suspended, yet are still running in. If they were suspended, they wouldn't even be allowed in the building. WHY ARE THEY STILL ALLOWED TO APPEAR? It just makes TNA Management look totally inefficient at doing their jobs.

Who is attacking AJ? We know it's not Joe or Daniels, so what bearing does this possibly have on their feud? Why do AJ and Daniels still hate each other now that AJ knows Daniels didn't do it?

WHY DOES FOLEY INEXPLICABLY LIKE ABYSS NOW? HE HASN'T CHANGED AT ALL. WHY IS ABYSS STILL FEUDING WITH STEVIE?

Lashley makes Homicide look like a complete joke, showing that his heel turn done weeks ago was done with zero direction planned.

Why are the Dudleys teaming with Rhyno if they hate him?

Let's be real here, I'm one of the most forgiving people on the TNA side of this forum, but this episode looks like complete poo poo.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

grody but still def posted:

Who is attacking AJ? We know it's not Joe or Daniels, so what bearing does this possibly have on their feud? Why do AJ and Daniels still hate each other now that AJ knows Daniels didn't do it?

Why are the Dudleys teaming with Rhyno if they hate him?

You're right on most accounts, but these two seem pretty easy to answer just based on the spoilers.

-Yeah, Daniels didn't attack AJ, but he's still been manipulated to think AJ doesn't think highly of him. That happened before AJ was ever attacked, so it stands to think AJ is still unhappy with the way Daniels feels.

-Rhino's help is unwanted. I'm guessing Team 3D can't finish off Morgan and Hernandez, so a frustrated Ray takes the chair Rhino brought out and uses it. Rhino's fine with that, he just wanted to see Morgan and Hernandez taken out. It also wouldn't surprise me if he simply grabs 3D's hands and raises them up when they're not paying attention to where he's at.

Discounting the British Invasion part, which grody's totally right about, and the Foley/Abyss/Stevie storyline, which just needs to end, this actually does sound like a decent Impact. I'm also assuming the 8-girl tag match isn't part of the show, and maybe was taped for next week's show.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Nigel murdering Deaner is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

quote:

Next week Abyss vs. Dr. Stevie. If Abyss pins Stevie then he is gone from TNA.
Which one has to leave, Abyss or Stevie ?

• Locked thread