Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Hopefully the Tunisian guy was able to get a job and live in safety away from his oppressive country before murdering 80 people out enjoying an evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

the guy who purposely steered the thread from a conversation about terrorism in France toward US gun politics talking about what is and is not relevant. great

even with completely unrelated things they can't help but bring up guns, it's like a mental illness or something

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Hot Jam posted:

I don't think we should roll the ol' lawbook back a millennia I think things would probably be much worse for us peasants.

I didn't say anything about those laws other than they actually existed, which Prorat seemed to think was impossible.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hmm. Only thing Im getting on Belgium is 23 hours ago. Deliberate arson of 4+ cars caused an explosion but they claim no terrorism. :shrug:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/brussels-bombings-fears-of-terror-attack-in-belgium-capital-20160713-gq5bgp.html

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

David Corbett posted:

After all, you can choose your immigrants and pick the ones who you feel are best for your country

No you cant. thats completely racist and youll be shouted down in any western country for even suggesting it

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

cock hero flux posted:

it's actually really disingenuous to bring up reducing firearm-related deaths as a justification for gun control

yeah no poo poo if you reduce the number of guns the number of people killed by guns will also be reduced

the important thing to check is whether the total number of deaths goes down or if the people who would have been killed by guns are now just killed by something else

note that the statistic he chose to use (if actually accurate, which I can't be bothered to check for low effort trolling) includes suicides as well

which is actually a pretty decent example of why you need to care about substitution effects, since France has a higher suicide rate than the US does, they just use firearms less frequently (and hanging and insecticide poisoning more often)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Holland giving himself emergency powers for three months. He's gonna crack skulls on burning tires.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

tsa posted:

even with completely unrelated things they can't help but bring up guns, it's like a mental illness or something

Reminder:

*Brings up guns constantly to win dumb rhetorical points* 'Uh why do you guys keep talking about guns!'

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

11 days ago a suicide bomber killed 308 people in Iraq. The media acts like attacks like these are only every once in a while. They are every day.

who loving cares

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

RaceBannon posted:

No you cant. thats completely racist and youll be shouted down in any western country for even suggesting it

its also what literally evry western country already does

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

TheIllestVillain posted:

Some better than others.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

khwarezm posted:

Reminder:

*Brings up guns constantly to win dumb rhetorical points* 'Uh why do you guys keep talking about guns!'

i think you would find, if you werent being so intentionally obtuse, that the jokes were about reactionary banning of things in the wake of tragedies rather than addressing the root cause

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

David Corbett posted:

This is what worries me the most. Normally, the children of immigrants are better-integrated than their parents, and by the third generation, they're basically indistinguishable. At least, that's been the North American experience. In Europe, the children are if anything more radical, more religious and more distinct. After all, you can choose your immigrants and pick the ones who you feel are best for your country; you can't pick their grandkids fifty years down the line.

They are definitely more radical, it isn't even a question. It honestly is extremely troubling and it's pathetic and angering that so many progressives refuse to even talk about the issue for fear of I honestly don't even know. The far right could have been stopped on this issue but good lord most on the left are just remarkably retarded and it's just going to get worse.

Helical Nightmares posted:

Hmm. Only thing Im getting on Belgium is 23 hours ago. Deliberate arson of 4+ cars caused an explosion but they claim no terrorism. :shrug:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/brussels-bombings-fears-of-terror-attack-in-belgium-capital-20160713-gq5bgp.html

Yea they might want to revisit that one.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

i think you would find, if you werent being so intentionally obtuse, that the jokes were about reactionary banning of things in the wake of tragedies rather than addressing the root cause

I was serious about banning trucks tho

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This French adaptation of Mad Max is looking promising so far.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Cocksmith posted:

who loving cares

who gives a poo poo about france either

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I need more pics of the truck. All I've seen is the NY Times pic with all the bullet holes in the windshield.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Oh ok, and in GBS sorting out the root cause here has come to mean 'kill the Muzzies, prevent them from entering the west and closely moniter all of 'em'.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

okay, so, since you agree with that logic, why doesn't it apply to Islam? the rough estimate of how many Muslims are extremists is 3-4%. i would say 4.5-6 million bad apples definitely spoil the bunch

I was being sarcastic.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

I need more pics of the truck. All I've seen is the NY Times pic with all the bullet holes in the windshield.

CNN has the truck running over people on loop lol

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

khwarezm posted:

Oh ok, and in GBS sorting out the root cause here has come to mean 'kill the Muzzies, prevent them from entering the west and closely moniter all of 'em'.

'.

That's your response to guns so....?

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

TheIllestVillain posted:

western countries cant even track who has entered their country - german officials admitted to basically losing track of thousands of economic migrants last year.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Just The Facts posted:

I'd rather see the Dems* grow a spine on this rather then people putting up with Repubs lovely social beliefs.

*Not Obama, he's been doing well.

They can't afford a Twitter outrage.

Twitter reactions drive the democratic party today

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

khwarezm posted:

Reminder:

Reminder: Shut the gently caress up. You brought up the fresh new topic of gun control.

Edit: Ah. A D&D poster.

PROBATION 04/04/16 02:45pm khwarezm Complaining about people talking about Europe in the European Politics thread in D&D. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Absurd Alhazred zen death robot

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 15, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stereotype posted:

There was also one five days ago and three days ago and two days ago

drat son thats not much days

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
theres was a second crazy driver apparently

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/14/technology/robot-stanford-mall/index.html

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

tsa posted:

They are definitely more radical, it isn't even a question. It honestly is extremely troubling and it's pathetic and angering that so many progressives refuse to even talk about the issue for fear of I honestly don't even know.

This extremism of immigrant descendants is actually really rampant in the US as well except its mostly expressed in form of frat dudes chugging cheap canadian whiskey and then telling you its cool because they are 1/8 Irish.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

khwarezm posted:

You shouldn't use racial slurs even when you're quoting imaginary quotes in your head.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
france is just one big ol european texas

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Hot Jam posted:

This extremism of immigrant descendants is actually really rampant in the US as well except its mostly expressed in form of frat dudes chugging cheap canadian whiskey and then telling you its cool because they are 1/8 Irish.

:lol:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Just The Facts posted:

That's your response to guns so....?

Guns aren't people.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

tsa posted:

They are definitely more radical, it isn't even a question. It honestly is extremely troubling and it's pathetic and angering that so many progressives refuse to even talk about the issue for fear of I honestly don't even know. The far right could have been stopped on this issue but good lord most on the left are just remarkably retarded and it's just going to get worse.

Yea they might want to revisit that one.

Europe doesn't have "progressives", they have communists and poo poo and those guys aren't going to agree with anything that undermines their attempt at power.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Daaamn y'all are just going full unironic stormfront in here huh :stare:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

khwarezm posted:

Guns aren't people.

But you're using the exact same logic.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
isis can have france

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

What do Muslim robots get when they martyr themselves and go to heaven?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
everybody is racist except me im great

you guys are all hitlers just exactly like hitlers my heart cries

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

there's no alternative at this point

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

:lol: gently caress you I laughed.

:golfclap:

Edit: good find

Knightscope

quote:

The K5 robot stands 5 feet tall and resembles a squat white rocket. It is designed to patrol malls, campuses and workplaces. Cameras stream live video, and Knightscope says it can predict unusual and potentially dangerous behavior.

She said a mall employee lamented that this was the second time in a week a child had been struck by the robot. Knightscope said this is the only report it has received.

:laugh: at the cnn news links in the story

quote:

Related: MIT robot helps deliver babies

#NotAllRobots

quote:

Related: Robot's role in killing Dallas shooter is a first

#YesAllRobots

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Stormfront is advocating for truck control?

• Locked thread