Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Studio posted:

I believe the most satisfying romances can be found in Bonetown.

lukily this game has made it through the greenlit process, so we will soon be able to experience this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Ah, the old Assassin's Creed defense. Guess it's another game I won't be picking up.

Why would you ignore my truthful post for the joke one, WTF

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Terminator: Salvation is boring as gently caress. I'm an hour and 15 minutes in and I just want it to end. No amount of Christian Bale or special effects could save this turkey.

Terminator 1 is still the best Terminator movie.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
W T F

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

protip its Joker

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Horns posted:

Terminator: Salvation is boring as gently caress. I'm an hour and 15 minutes in and I just want it to end. No amount of Christian Bale or special effects could save this turkey.

Christian Bale is only good at playing rich sociopaths.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hat Thoughts posted:

I was skimming and somehow didn't even see yours. Now I'm mad at you that I'm going to spend $60.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
If you don't prefer T2, please lower yourself into a blast furnace (I'll lower you if you can't do it yourself).

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dezinus posted:

If you don't prefer T2, please lower yourself into a blast furnace (I'll lower you if you can't do it yourself).

This is a correct opinion. I love The Terminator, but come on. T2 has that Guns N Roses song and Robert Patrick being way better than Arnold ever was as a villain.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Well, I just got to the part where John Connor tricks a motorcycle robot with GnR. Maybe this movie is kinda OK, but it's still way below the first 3.

It's also funny hearing Sam Worthington try valiantly to suppress his Australian accent and fail like 70% of the time.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Dragon Age Inquisition glitched in the middle of a fight and everyone but Sera froze. I've just been holding the trigger for five minutes shooting bows and it's still not dead.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

One of my high school teachers was author Tim Powers. Terminator 2 was his favorite Terminator. T2.

T2 for life.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Studio posted:

One of my high school teachers was author Tim Powers. Terminator 2 was his favorite Terminator. T2.

T2 for life.

Anubis Gates Tim Powers?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

pseudorandom name posted:

Anubis Gates Tim Powers?

Yar

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

T2 is no Die Hard. :colbert:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I found a weird scroll stuck in the mechanism of my sofa bed...

Legend posted:

There will one day come a man, fierce and sleepy, who will put an end to the terrorreign of the Flea Couch. Upon it he will nap, and the two shall become one, and the one shall become into null.

Thus humanity should be saved.

-Lazarus E. Boyd, 1835

Weird.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Horns posted:

I watched all of fifteen minutes of Terminator Salvation until I saw the humans hack a Skynet computer and the projector at the theater broke down.

All I could think about was why the gently caress are the robots in the movie using other computers. :psyduck:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Mutation posted:

I watched all of fifteen minutes of Terminator Salvation until I saw the humans hack a Skynet computer and the projector at the theater broke down.

All I could think about was why the gently caress are the robots in the movie using other computers. :psyduck:

Chests giving keys. Babies having babies.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Peary kish

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I've only ever seen half of the first Terminator but I watched all of Salvation and all of it was incomprehensible.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Kishy Peary

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm watching UPF and I see a dog next to Flea Couch, coincidence?????

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

hash tag hire peary twenty fourteen

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I beat dragon age! It was pretty good. 4/5 is a solid review the core of the game is good but it had a bunch of things holding it back from that 5/5. Maybe work on your ui design some more next time bioware.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Are there cool frost swords

e:
Weird nerd: I love to play RPGs because I feel immersed in the setting and it allows me to express myself in a unique manner, through a variety of choices and options that I am given I can truly feel like I'm living in the mythical world.

Me: I like when I get the swords with a lot of + to frost or whatever

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 23, 2014

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

cheesetriangles posted:

I beat dragon age! It was pretty good. 4/5 is a solid review the core of the game is good but it had a bunch of things holding it back from that 5/5. Maybe work on your ui design some more next time bioware.

Enjoyment of DAI is directly proportional with how much you enjoy doing MMO-style quests (kill 10 rats and fetch quests).

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

Are there cool frost swords

you can put frost runes on swords if that counts.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

you can put frost runes on swords if that counts.
Hmm, not a good sign

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Enjoyment of DAI is directly proportional with how much you enjoy doing MMO-style quests (kill 10 rats and fetch quests).

Jokes on you I used a trainer to skip all that bullshit.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

cheesetriangles posted:

The UI is really atrocious. It get's in the way all the loving time. Even DA 2 with it's limited tactics mode was easier and less a hassle to interact with. If you want to make DA more like ME, then include a working UI with it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The UI is bad on like every level.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Can I even play it if I relied almost exclusively on the tactical view in origins and actually heavily utilized such trivial concepts as healing magic and the conditional ability usage stuff for non active characters? It seems like in their pursuit to make it console friendly they took away everything I actually liked in origins.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

A Lamer posted:

Can I even play it if I relied almost exclusively on the tactical view in origins and actually heavily utilized such trivial concepts as healing magic and the conditional ability usage stuff for non active characters? It seems like in their pursuit to make it console friendly they took away everything I actually liked in origins.

They did.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

When I played DA:I and ME2 I had the idea that you should do romance as these people pursuing you rather than you coming onto them. Who you'd attract would depend on the decisions you made in the game, as that shows evidence of the sort of person you are and then at that point the 'romance' would a)be based on actual character development and b)not act like a coin-operated machine.

You probably shouldn't gently caress your subordinates, though.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
In order to enter a relationship you must play 3 hours of mandated HR training

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

A Lamer posted:

I tried this for the first 2 hours and gave up, was unplayable. Restarted, plugged in a controller, realized the buttons were the same as Mass Effect and just played it like that.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

A Lamer posted:

There's no healing magic in the game (it's mainly focused on tanks generating secondary health by taunting and mages using protection spells), but you could stick it on hard and play using the tactical view. I don't know that it'd be much fun, but I think it's false equivalency to say they took it away, because you didn't have to use that poo poo in Origins 90% of the time either on normal and the few times I've used it in Inquisition it did its job.

Edit: For the record I'm not defending the game's UI, it's bad and I prefer not using the tactical view, but I do object to the idea that people are holding up Origins as some deep tactical experience when it loving wasn't. The extent of my tactics in Origins = pause, tell dude to target X, unpause. I'm not playing Inquisition very differently; it's mainly about positioning and using your abilities to stop dudes from targeting your mages/rogues - there are still ability combos and that sort of thing.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Nov 23, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Horns posted:

Please post your thoughts on the amazing ending NO YOU FUCKER I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

I love that the end of the Smash Bros quick look is just Dan trying to beat the first dungeon of Legend of Zelda in 4 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Does Patrick have a football podcast with Dave Lang? He should. Every episode would them just talking about how terrible the Bears are though.

• Locked thread