Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you have no control over your biological impulses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
having kids is a cool thing to do like a tattoo that shits on you forever

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
So, is it safe to say that anti-kid having goons believe all parents (especially their own), are loser scrubs who wasted time and money raising kids that will (without exception) inevitably turn to hateful husks of human beings, whose accomplishments (however how great) will mean nothing in the grand scheme of life, which is also meaningless?

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

No. 6 posted:

Having a child is the single most selfish thing a person can do.

this but unironically

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'm so glad you don't have kids either, op.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
life is meaningless but sex is cool and accidents happen woopsie :shrug:

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
If evidence of your sexual fitness doesn't exist in the form of offspring, get out of GBS

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Shnag posted:

So, is it safe to say that anti-kid having goons believe all parents (especially their own), are loser scrubs who wasted time and money raising kids that will (without exception) inevitably turn to hateful husks of human beings, whose accomplishments (however how great) will mean nothing in the grand scheme of life, which is also meaningless?

Yeah, more or less. Forcing another person into the world is a pretty hosed up thing.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
Have you seen the documentary Idiocracy

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

A girl I went to high school with just had a baby and I'm having a good time laughing about it, thinking about all the annoying things she'll have to do every day now. Like a tomagatchi they could actually send you to jail over. Glad that's not me. Kids are weird and annoying

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Shnag posted:

whose accomplishments (however how great) will mean nothing in the grand scheme of life, which is also meaningless?

especially this part. there is a 99.9999999999999% chance your kids will be worthless nobodies and not the next ghandi or socrates or zuckerberg

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
kids are cool but they cost money so if your siblings have kids you can spend money on things like go-karts and ice cream instead of braces and bail

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Why have a kid when you can play with other people's kids and give them back before they start crying/coughing/puking/making GBS threads themselves/spraying boogers everywhere?

I love kids but being the weird aunt for someone else's gives you all of the benefits without any of the annoying bullshit. No college fees too!

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I meant to throw my empty candy wrapper in front of the subway but whoops instead I threw my kid. Simple mistake mixing up my hands but now I'm in jail for life. Don't be like me. Don't ejaculate inside anyone of the opposite sex

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
I agree with all of LifeSizePotatoes' posts whole-heartedly yet there's a part of me that still wants kids, and I might just have them. Wanting kids is the true mental illness - it's just the over-whelming compulsion you share with all of humanity and all of Life. And some humans manage to transcend that compulsion due to the sentience they have that other animals lack, and I unironically think that's pretty cool.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i'm not enough of an adult to be able to properly handle children so i'm glad i don't have them.

i'm self-aware enough to know that i'm too childish of a person to properly take care of a large dog, let alone a child.

i'm definitely the type who will help out a single mother in need whenever i can though because honestly the closest analogue i can find to an actual superhero in the real world are single moms trying their hardest to do the right thing.

life is hard enough without kids.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Costello Jello posted:

And some humans manage to transcend that compulsion due to the sentience they have that other animals lack, and I unironically think that's pretty cool.

Other humans manage to transcend that compulsion because they have been rejected as mates for their entire young-bearing lifespan and I think that's pretty funny.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What kind of selfish rear end in a top hat would bring a child into this world with how the rest of the 21st century is looking?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

If I had a kid I would just do this all day

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Zeno-25 posted:

What kind of selfish rear end in a top hat would bring a child into this world with how the rest of the 21st century is looking?

well, i'm pretty great, so therefore, the world needs more of ME running around. duh.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Archer666 posted:

ugh thanks for reminding me how horrible babies are. fyi kids are pretty much useless lumps of poo poo until about 5

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

LifeSizePotato posted:

well, i'm pretty great, so therefore, the world needs more of ME running around. duh.

This is how my pillhead younger brother was convinced by his chain smoking moron girlfriend to have two kids that they could neither afford nor effectively care for.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I'm a proud atheist so I don't want to have something I'll get super attached to and then never get to see again after I die :smith:

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Shnag posted:

If both options are meaningless in the end, I'd prefer the scenario where I get to sleep in.

GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh
Having both my parents die from cancer (in my mom's case lupus caused the cancer) and cancer related complications before I reached thirty has made me question my genes. I don't want children and even if I did I would adopt.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Lots of genetic dead ends in this thread I see. Nothing wrong with having kids, besides, who's gonna wipe our asses when we're all loving old and senile?

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
like everyone, kids or not, it'll be a hispanic lady who hates you.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Tarkus posted:

Lots of genetic dead ends in this thread I see. Nothing wrong with having kids, besides, who's gonna wipe our asses when we're all loving old and senile?

i'm counting on cybernetic androids

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Archer666 posted:

:captainpop:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

rezatahs posted:

ugh thanks for reminding me how horrible babies are. fyi kids are pretty much useless lumps of poo poo until about 5

4 year olds are pretty chill, but yeah anything that can't operate a toilet yet is just bonkers

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

LifeSizePotato posted:

especially this part. there is a 99.9999999999999% chance your kids will be worthless nobodies and not the next ghandi or socrates or zuckerberg

Yeah, but he could easily be the next balloon boy, though, no more or less meaningless then being ghandi, as all human life will end at point some anyways. Regardless of technological progression. Not to be negative or anything, just saying.

Al Nipper posted:

If both options are meaningless in the end, I'd prefer the scenario where I get to sleep in.

That is also meaningless but can be purty good too.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Shnag posted:

No, kids are just smelly and messy and noisy and expensive and I like sleeping, drinking my feelings, traveling all the time, and not passing onto another poor soul the emotional poo poo storm of neurosis my mother laid on me.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

barfoid 4 posted:

Not wanting or having kids is a mental illness

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

lol if you have no control over your biological impulses

Agreed that's why you stop at 3 after fulfilling your duty. :)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

barfoid 4 posted:

Not wanting or having kids is a mental illness

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Tarkus posted:

I will use all the money I was able to save not having to pay endless amounts of tuition to pay for some pretty lush end-of-life care.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I love not spending millions of dollars raising a child who will ultimately yell that he hates me and slams his door so he can play loud angry music that I just don't understand how kids are listening to nowadays

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

tbf, if i did have kids, i'd definitely be the cool dad that they and their friends love

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Libelous Slander posted:

4 year olds are pretty chill, but yeah anything that can't operate a toilet yet is just bonkers

yeah, 4 year olds are pretty cool cause it's when their capacity for everything really starts taking off and they start becoming their own person, and are energetic and curious about everything and can talk surprisingly mad poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I like to wrestle my newphews because I'm way stronger and better and smarter than them. Like they're fuckin weak and stupid they'll never win. Winning makes me feel good.

My favorite tricks are to chase them up the stairs and grab a leg and pull them down the stairs, or to pick one up and throw it across the room at the couch. They love this poo poo because they are fuckin children. I'm way stronger

• Locked thread