Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
It seems like everyone my age is married and has kids or is a single mother or baby daddy.

Thank God I'm not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
yeah rip

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
I joined this internet forum after all my friends starting owning houses, having kids, and being boring fucks

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
same op lets start an unfulfilled and will die alone club

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
married without kids, dispensable income is great.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
eat poo poo familyhavers

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Do you think it's okay to hit/spank your sperm/eggs?

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

it's good to have kids because they completely occupy all your time and thoughts for at least two decades that you'd otherwise spend struggling to cope with the meaninglessness of existence instead

if your kid's a fuckup and needs support well into adulthood it's even better because then the distraction might last until you die

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i know right you need sometihng to loving destract you from your 30s

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
You know how people pick up their dogs shits when they take it for walks?

Well Imagine if it was your own poo poo, except you had to keep it forever, and it could walk and talk and was a complete parasite until you could throw it into the streets to fend for itself.

gently caress having kids.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
goonsay af

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Torka posted:

it's good to have kids because they completely occupy all your time and thoughts for at least two decades that you'd otherwise spend struggling to cope with the meaninglessness of existence instead

if your kid's a fuckup and needs support well into adulthood it's even better because then the distraction might last until you die

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

Torka posted:

Life doesn't seem meaningless to me at all.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Tonight I got stoned off my rear end, went snow tubing and then had a chicken burger. I am so happy I'm single and childless :)

Maybe one day....but I ain't in a rush!!

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
goons forget that in fact their mom is doing the same thing they complain about itt

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
Not wanting or having kids is a mental illness

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

barfoid 4 posted:

Not wanting or having kids is a mental illness

doctors call it "can't get laid" or you're gay but it's cool then

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
keep finding the silver lining to why no one will have sex with you op

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Gays may exist just to raise other people's children and curb the pop, so to speak.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Robbie Fowler posted:

married without kids, dispensable income is great.

til she divorces your rear end and takes everything

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My understanding is the entire point of kids is that you can pressure them to achieve your dreams, which you never could. Someone please confirm this.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

gannyGrabber posted:

My understanding is the entire point of kids is that you can pressure them to achieve your dreams, which you never could. Someone please confirm this.

Ask Gary Coleman. Wait...

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

England Sucks posted:

It seems like everyone my age is married and has kids or is a single mother or baby daddy.

Thank God I'm not.

Kids are an extension of you mortality, you are in their genes. Is this what you really want? A world without your genes in it?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Having kids rules. 4-year-old pals are awesome and edgy Aartek joke out of the way yadda yadda. Not having kids is fun, don't get me wrong, but it's not a binary thing; having kids is just a different kind of fun. Life owns unless you actively try to gently caress yourself out of its owningness

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
I dunno, i find being able to do what I want, when I want and however I want a lot more appealing than cleaning up little jimmys poo poo for the 4th time today while my wife and i who've had less than 5 hours sleep combined start a screaming match over nothing at all because our nerves are shot due to fatigue.

but that's just me.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Robbie Fowler posted:

but that's just me.

Nope, that's everybody. The rough part smoothes out right on the cusp of actual murder/suicide if you don't gently caress it up too fiercely

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

bringing a child into the world only to endure years of existential crisis and the fear of inevitably becoming a forgotten clump of dirt when they were doing just fine not existing in the first place seems kinda cruel imo

also my own life is short enough that i'd like to maximize the fun through expensive hobbies and trips, though your mileage may vary

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
HOT TOT

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lawyer-mom-of-georgia-tot-who-died-in-hot-car-devastated/

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I have two.... children

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Married five years, no kids, both working. Having both time and money is great.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Can't wait to die alone in peace and quiet without a procession of people I have to pretend to like filing by to awkwardly say goodbye while blubbering all over me.

In the meantime I can do anything I want any time I want and the only person I have to worry about is me.

Solitude rules.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

honestly why would you even want kids now that we are so close to singularity

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i will choose the father of my children from this forum

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

whoflungpoop posted:

i will choose the father of my children from this forum

Children don't come from there

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
My children are the murdered dead may the apes inherit the earth

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
who would want to bring an innocent baby into 0bama's america

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Having a child is the single most selfish thing a person can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

gannyGrabber posted:

...which you never could because you had to give up all your hopes and dreams to pay for plastic toys and wipe spit-up all day long.

• Locked thread