Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

that would cost like maybe 10,000 in laos

rest of it will go to building a menagerie where all the animals are also on opium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

laos is entirely a bunch of poor rice farmers

getting randomly exploded by the billionbux worth of unexploded bombs that the land of the free saturated them with :911:

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
god drat I want a bag of opium

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

zooted heh posted:

god drat I want a bag of opium

i smoked real opium once as a teenager and it was fuckin incredible. my friends had this windowless marble room in their apartment for some reason and we filled it with soft things and blocked the hallway with giant drapes and turned on a fog machine and one of those disco ball things. we all hung out and smoked like an ounce of opium over the course of the day and tbh it might have been the single most relaxing experience ive ever had

opium is nothing like the hardcore synthetic painkillers you get from the doctor

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
i dont care if it makes me a dirty druggie, I want to do some old school opium smoking, like the whole ten yards in a fancy room laying down on a bed with some curvy asian hookers heating a pipe with a lamp poo poo.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
They also got that Plain of Jars thing, which is really weird. There are ancient giant stone jars scattered all over this one area, and some of them have human remains inside and others have booby traps left over from the 70s

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

For this money in Laos you can shoot a real dude with a RPG7.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Laotian? What ocean?

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
they have some nifty chickens over there

the junglefowl!

grandpappy of all chickens

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
more chickenpappy

Electric Charity fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 22, 2014

Swastikatzen
Apr 10, 2006

welp, now i wanna go to laos and go out Leaving Las Vegas style but with opium and weed in addition to booze. and way more hookers. how much money would I need to do this?

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
i dont know what currency you working with, the markets for calls and puts are wierd in laos because the region has shady bankers so getting the right exchange rate can be tough without extra charges, but it might be irrelevant.....

1 Laotian Kip equals
0.00012 US Dollar

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
yeah I gotta say Laos seems pretty OK

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
what's the ladyboy scene like?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Swastikatzen posted:

welp, now i wanna go to laos and go out Leaving Las Vegas style but with opium and weed in addition to booze. and way more hookers. how much money would I need to do this?

basically nothing. you can live in luxury for like 50 bucks a day

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

John Denver Hoxha posted:

i dont care if it makes me a dirty druggie, I want to do some old school opium smoking, like the whole ten yards in a fancy room laying down on a bed with some curvy asian hookers heating a pipe with a lamp poo poo.
same

Fandyien posted:

i smoked real opium once as a teenager and it was fuckin incredible. my friends had this windowless marble room in their apartment for some reason and we filled it with soft things and blocked the hallway with giant drapes and turned on a fog machine and one of those disco ball things. we all hung out and smoked like an ounce of opium over the course of the day and tbh it might have been the single most relaxing experience ive ever had

opium is nothing like the hardcore synthetic painkillers you get from the doctor

that sounds pretty rad and lucky. i hope to get the chance to try smoking opium sometime. never really saw the point of injecting poo poo like heroin and poppin pills i could probably be down with smoking some liquid gold

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

Rajjoble posted:

more chickenpappy

:stare:

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

chickens own

Swastikatzen
Apr 10, 2006

if it's that cheap i know what my new life goal is and it's achievable

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i remember seeing those menu pictures before was gonna ask if that's laos

i'm sold on loas

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

basically nothing. you can live in luxury for like 50 bucks a day

what are the visa reqs i'm down for a sharemansion

Swastikatzen
Apr 10, 2006

down to sharemansion and bro out smoking opium and banging hookers all day. also weed and booze

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

only vietnam requires a visa in se asia i believe. cambodia visa is on arrival

se asia rules, also thailand and vietnam have the best food in teh world and its like a 2-3 dollars for a full meal and beer

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

what im saying is you should quit your job but a ticket to south east asia and live off your savings for as long as possible

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
maybe it's the alcohol but i'm handcuffing myself to my desk or i might wake up on an airplane

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
How to Find a Job Teaching in Laos

Most language schools and international schools usually require an interview in person and most people will find a job when they are already in the country. It is rare for schools to advertise for positions online, but they sometimes do advertise on websites, local forums and job boards.

The best way to find a job teaching English in Laos is to start looking for a vacant position when you are already in the country. You can try looking in the local newspapers, but you’re probably much better off heading to the schools yourself and enquiring about vacant positions in person.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

would smoke opium with her

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
laos owns

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

dated a laotian girl once. still miss her sometimes. laotians and laos own.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Laos is awesome. When I was backpacking through SE Asia years ago it was my favorite country. Cheap as hell and new enough to tourism that you don't get hassled by beggars and people trying to sell you junk.

My favorite place was called 4000 islands or something in the middle of the Mekong river just north of Cambodia. We stayed in a room over looking the river for about 1$ US a night. Rode bikes around the island smoked joints and swayed in a hammock watching the river roll by drinking beer Lao.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Fandyien posted:

if i ever win a million bucks im gonna buy a mansion in laos and fill it with bean bags and throw pillows and opium pipes

Swastikatzen posted:

if it's that cheap i know what my new life goal is and it's achievable

Stoic Commie posted:

what are the visa reqs i'm down for a sharemansion

Swastikatzen posted:

down to sharemansion and bro out smoking opium and banging hookers all day. also weed and booze

This may be the only Goon Project that ever gets off the ground.

Zen Punk fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 24, 2014

jo588658
Oct 24, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Are thai and laos almost identical?

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

jo588658 posted:

Are thai and laos almost identical?

thai got money

e. i want to go to laos to smoke weed for weeks but I want to go with a girl so I don't get accused of being a sex tourist (i just want cheap blunt man)

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
SE Asia owns but the smell kinda gets old after a while, especially in places like Hanoi.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

is laos where the hmong come from or is that hmongolia

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

is laos where the hmong come from or is that hmongolia

i think its viethmong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
is the weed really lovely like old mexi brick where you gotta smoke the whole joint to get high?

• Locked thread