Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Serious post: if you want a great hair day use them in backwards order, conditioner first then shampoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I use shampoo but not conditioner because the conditioner makes my hair look like I have shined it with crisco and I do not like that. Thanks for reading

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Why use either? Soap is just a surfactant. Water and manual scrubbing do the heavy lifting to actually clean you.

If you have hard water, try using a baking soda paste to soften the water. If you have soft water, try using water and manual scrubbing for a couple weeks.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

As long as the bottle says AXE I put it on me.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

bobfather posted:

Why use either? Soap is just a surfactant. Water and manual scrubbing do the heavy lifting to actually clean you.

If you have hard water, try using a baking soda paste to soften the water. If you have soft water, try using water and manual scrubbing for a couple weeks.

Or I could just use freakin soap and not smell like a sewer in public

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

schmitty9800 posted:

As long as the bottle says AXE I put it on me.

schmitty9800 posted:

not smell like a sewer in public

Pick one

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

when i was a kid i read an article in my mom's reader's digest that was all about how this man's wife asked him to clean himself up as an experiment and he discovered the wonders of conditioner and got his nails manicured and his wife was like don't get them polished and shellac'd next time welp thats my story bye

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I dunno what sewers you've been hangin out in brother but you must live in a place with very strange shits if your sewers smell like axe

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

CJacobs posted:

I dunno what sewers you've been hangin out in brother but you must live in a place with very strange shits if your sewers smell like axe

lol if your turds don't reek of a man's heady musk

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

criscodisco posted:

Serious post: if you want a great hair day use them in backwards order, conditioner first then shampoo.

lol

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
Think about it, Why do you have arms and legs?? For a Reason. Why do you have grease in your hair?? For a Reason. We lived 500,000 years with no shampoo and we did just fine. It's just another product you don't need being forced down our throats. It dries out and saps you of your natural and essential oils making it impossible for you to function fully as a confident human being. This is just what they want. To keep you fearful, insecure, flaky haired, shelling out your hard earned worthless fiat currency, deprived of natural sexuality, a consumer robot.

Edit-
The chemtrails

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

What part of "Serious post" did you not understand?

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Why bother getting separate shampoo and conditioner bottles, just buy the shampoo/conditioner ones. It's two things in one bottle.

Bonus points for the ones that are shampoo/conditioner/body wash

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

my hair's real fine and brittle and will break at the slightest provocation if i don't condition it

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't like using conditioner because I feel like I can never tell when I've rinsed it all out.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

SHISHKABOB posted:

I don't like using conditioner because I feel like I can never tell when I've rinsed it all out.

That's exactly why I posted that helpful hint earlier, because doing it backwards still moisturizes your hair, but is left light and clean.

Conditioner is serious business.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

my hair looks better when it's not super moisturized

do they make something for this? like, my head is too moist as it is guys

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i got a sweaty rear end head i don't need a beathroom product weighing down my hair any further

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

HJE-Cobra posted:

Why bother getting separate shampoo and conditioner bottles, just buy the shampoo/conditioner ones. It's two things in one bottle.

Bonus points for the ones that are shampoo/conditioner/body wash

i just tried one of these all in one cocksuckers and sweet titty rainbows do i love it! It's from Nivea i think and it smells great and it's completely clear with a smattering of those lil microbeads and it feels so good on my body and my hair shines like a diamond and just won't quit! i smell great and feel great and my pompadour bounces like my friend tenaja's booty and man oh man is life good because of this shampoo/conditioner/bodywash!!!

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

It's time to take naps and eat yum yum...and I'm all outta yum.

Zorodius posted:

Shampoo? Heh. Just another conspiracy by Big Toiletry. I haven't shampooed my hair in years now, and it's so much better with all its natural oils.

*head smells like a rancid deep fryer, looks like a bird's nest, a baby sparrow peeks out*

Did this for almost a year. My hair actually looked a lot better but I didn't like the way it smelled. It did smelled like french fries.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Mandator posted:

my hair looks better when it's not super moisturized

do they make something for this? like, my head is too moist as it is guys

Buy nice shampoo and conditioner from a salon and use it once every week or so.

I have super thick hair and I just rinse it thoroughly with warm water every day, even with styling products I only use shampoo and conditioner sparingly.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXQMoyhPNJA

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i assumed this was the second reply of the thread, after "i'm gay". glad we still got to it

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

whoa i was just using that played out bullshit as an example of a poo poo post

don't censor me

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

HJE-Cobra posted:

that poo poo weirds me out, like how does it know when to stop shampooing and when to start conditioning. thats gotta be a really smart bottle like goddamn

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

that poo poo weirds me out, like how does it know when to stop shampooing and when to start conditioning. thats gotta be a really smart bottle like goddamn

separate compartments like those peanutbutter and jelly squeeze tubes?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
shampoo gives you dandruff and conditioner gives you zits on your back

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Twat McTwatterson posted:

I don't loving get it. It's the same poo poo.

Cleaned and soft dumbass.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

criscodisco posted:

for real i'm going to try this tomorrow but if one person makes fun of my hair i am going to dox you and ruin your life

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Mandator posted:

separate compartments like those peanutbutter and jelly squeeze tubes?

gently caress this just reminded me of that toothpaste that came in a big plastic container with two compartments with the squeeze dispenser that dispensed from both compartments at the same time but it was never quite even and always have too much from one side and not enough from the other, my mom hated it and would never get it but I'd get to try it at my childhood abuser's house so I never told anyone about what he did to/with/on me bc i really wanted to keep using that toothpaste, gently caress anyone remember that stuff? What was it called? One side was white and the other was this cool refreshing blue gel and it came in a big bulky dispenser and it was very potent and made your mouth feel so clean no matter how dirty you felt before using it

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

has it been long enough since the last "splash urine on your face to promote facial hair growth" thread to try that again?

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

gently caress this just reminded me of that toothpaste that came in a big plastic container with two compartments with the squeeze dispenser that dispensed from both compartments at the same time but it was never quite even and always have too much from one side and not enough from the other, my mom hated it and would never get it but I'd get to try it at my childhood abuser's house so I never told anyone about what he did to/with/on me bc i really wanted to keep using that toothpaste, gently caress anyone remember that stuff? What was it called? One side was white and the other was this cool refreshing blue gel and it came in a big bulky dispenser and it was very potent and made your mouth feel so clean no matter how dirty you felt before using it

I feel like I know absolutely what you're talking about. The two different tubes were supposed to combine into some sort of super-mouth-cleaner.

... or maybe I'm thinking of that two pump mouthwash that keeps your breath fresh all day. I don't know man.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Mandator posted:

has it been long enough since the last "splash urine on your face to promote facial hair growth" thread to try that again?

or "mix piss and cum strained through a coffee filter, let it ferment for a month, use as aftershave, drown in pussy" thread, complete with successful testimonials

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Mandator posted:

I feel like I know absolutely what you're talking about. The two different tubes were supposed to combine into some sort of super-mouth-cleaner.

... or maybe I'm thinking of that two pump mouthwash that keeps your breath fresh all day. I don't know man.

yeah they were apparently too potent to be combined until they were actually on your toothbrush

I can still picture that boxy dispenser and those two big things on top you pushed simultaneously but I can't remember the goddamn name, of all the parts of those particular memories to block out i can't believe it would be the name of that toothpaste!!

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

or "mix piss and cum strained through a coffee filter, let it ferment for a month, use as aftershave, drown in pussy" thread, complete with successful testimonials

this... didn't happen

i can believe splashing some pee on your face to get that bead going, because it totally works

but, nah, nobody's buying that

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
lol just lol if you dont save up ur jizzum in a giant moonshine jug and use it as conditioner

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Gatekeeper posted:

yeah they were apparently too potent to be combined until they were actually on your toothbrush

I can still picture that boxy dispenser and those two big things on top you pushed simultaneously but I can't remember the goddamn name, of all the parts of those particular memories to block out i can't believe it would be the name of that toothpaste!!

aquafresh made one

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Mandator posted:

this... didn't happen

i can believe splashing some pee on your face to get that bead going, because it totally works

but, nah, nobody's buying that

lmao this absolutely was a thread and it was incredible. it was pheromone science! and there were goons who believed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
goons yet again somehow find a way to make a basic hygiene ritual seem convoluted and confusing

• Locked thread