Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do I have to pay extra if I want to
Call you a filthy whore
Be called a filthy whore
Watch you watch two other people while I watch from outside the window
Read you this sick rear end take-down of my town's mayor I just posted on his Face Book about His Majesty's stupid pet poo poo rules
Only drumsticks
I only brought $38
View Results

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

God used to be a huge dick. The devil got tired of it and cut out God's tongue, then cut off his arms and legs. Now god lays on the floor in heaven able to watch and listen to us live better lives but can't do anything to gently caress it up.

Hail Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Rando posted:

Erotica.

song of solomon would make a killing on the kindle erotica market if it were written today, even more if you throw in gay dinosaurs

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dreddout posted:

Hail Satan.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
There sure is a lot of text and no pictures in this thread about sexy sluts from the bible. Way to drop the ball nerds.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rutibex posted:

God is a weak rear end bitch, and can't even win a wrestling match with a regular guy without using his power to cheat. Goku would mop the floor with this guy
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2032:24-30

Lol jacob had gay sex with god?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Absolute Lithops posted:

Actually for most stories in the Hebrew Bible we don't know which ones were supposed to be taken as allegory, as literally true history, or what. Probably the way a lot of stories were "meant" to be viewed changed over time.

e: In any event, the Hebrew Bible is about fallible people who don't set perfect examples. Plus, the stories developed over the course of 1000+ years and reflect shifting (and competing) ethics, mores, and theologies. One part says that Hebrews shouldn't marry Moabites. In another, Ruth the Moabite marries a Hebrew and King David is among her descendants. It's all over the place and, as you might guess, the newer parts make more sense to us than the older parts do. IMO it's fascinating that all these different points of view were preserved and canonized.

Do you mean like in the pre-written phase? Because even as it's organized the torah pretty clearly lays out which sections are parable and which are supposed to be historic, at least better than the old testament does. I mean you're right there's a lot of stuff that we know is bullshit/historically inaccurate now, and could've been believed earlier, and more than a few cases of "Look guys! I found a real surviving copy of the holy text looks like your version was missing the fact Judea wasn't actually god's kingdom -A convenient find now that they've been sacked and we were at war with them," followed by "Oh poo poo never mind, Judea actually survived that and Israel didn't looks like Judea carried on David's bloodline and here's why..."

But yeah there's a lot cool bickering like that where there's flat out contradicting older poo poo, or weirdly trying to twist old prophecy that didn't come to pass to fit modern (at the time) sensibilities. Kinda like how Christians keeps reinterpreting the coded prophecies of Rome's downfall to be about the literal end of the world, since Rome became a Christian nation.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
The Bible kinda owns. Like some of it is boring as poo poo, but man there is some crazy poo poo in there.

I remember being dragged to Sunday School as a kid to a church that was a pretty middle classy, laissez faire kinda church where no one really bible banged too much, but it was still boring. I used to get bored and just flip through the Bible we had to bring, and at the age of like 10 reading the story of Onan made my eyes bug out.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
You guys should read the book of Mormon. Like castle sieges and poo poo in south America after the jews conquer the dark skinned natives Spanish style.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

There sure is a lot of text and no pictures in this thread about sexy sluts from the bible. Way to drop the ball nerds.

fine

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
the old testament owns, especially onan

quote:

Genesis 38:8-10New International Version (NIV)

8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.

dude got killed by god for jerking off on rocks lol

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Edgar posted:

You guys should read the book of Mormon. Like castle sieges and poo poo in south America after the jews conquer the dark skinned natives Spanish style.

Both were Jews. God just punished whoever was bad at any given moment and turned their skin dark for their wickedness because God is a piece of poo poo MRA racist.

They came across the writings of some "natives" and put them in the book but it turned out they were ALSO Jews who came over during the Tower of Babel stuff.

But don't mention DNA as a reason to dispute all of this lol.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the bible is full of barfs, all the barfing and chundering is my favorite scriptural theme and it runs like a golden thread from genesis thru revelation & even the apocryphal song of guzman. when jona gets swallowed by the fish and dies then gets barfed up on the shores of nineveh, thats a classic barf scene, or when judas is so embarased at the last super when jesus laughs at him for barfing on his knees that he decides to betray jesus later on (the betrayal of judas ends on a barf note as well when he hangs himself and he barfs his guts out his own rear end), theres the scene on the shores of the sea of galilee when jesus does like his hundreth wine miracle and simon peter starts barfing and its contagious and all the other apostles start barfing too, the book of revelation when jesus barfs up the sword that will punish the nations, and of course the famous parable of the Blowing of the chunks in the song of guzman.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus barfed. :barf:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i think there is more cumming than barfing in the bible

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

i think there is more cumming than barfing in the bible

the words for barf and cumshot both come from the same root hebrew word 'barfo'

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Samson is the coolest because he just couldn't stay away from that hot Philistine pussy, and as a result had to tear a lion in half, torch a city's crops, and murder over 1000 people.

Then he died by pulling a pagan temple down on himself, the most metal death possible.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

Samson is the coolest because he just couldn't stay away from that hot Philistine pussy, and as a result had to tear a lion in half, torch a city's crops, and murder over 1000 people.

Then he died by pulling a pagan temple down on himself, the most metal death possible.

his enchanted mullet was metal as

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

jackyl posted:

the old testament owns, especially onan

dude got killed by god for jerking off on rocks lol

I really don't get how this one got interpreted as masturbation=sinful as opposed to "hey dude you've got a duty to knock up your dead brothers wife". Nor do I get why Onan was such a pussy about nuttin in them guts.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i sometimes call barfs 'heavy belches'

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i read the whole bible :)

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

flerp posted:

i read the whole bible :)

yeah i read the whole thing too and i was not convinced, i found the whole thing lacking in scientific evidence, im something of a skeptic. im kind of a skeptic. but, ive read the whole bible.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

yeah i read the whole thing too and i was not convinced, i found the whole thing lacking in scientific evidence, im something of a skeptic. im kind of a skeptic. but, ive read the whole bible.

i love jesus

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I really enjoy the time some children dissed god's homie, who then cried to god, who then mauled the children with bears

quote:

Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 11, 2016

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I got a crush on Judith. The way she chopped off holofernes head... drat, like, drat let's gently caress

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

flerp posted:

i love jesus

i got to the end of the whole entire bible, by reading it, and my take away from it was that jesus was just a great moral teacher, like buddha whose bible i also read

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

A Spider Covets posted:

I really enjoy the time some children dissed god's homie, who then cried to god, who then mauled the children with bears

The translational poo poo about this is super intense, it could have been punk kids bullshitting a bald guy, or it could have been gang members assaulting God's bro and calling him a empty headed retard... gently caress

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

solaranus posted:

Nor do I get why Onan was such a pussy about nuttin in them guts.

It's not rocket science dude. If he knocked her up he wouldn't have been allowed to gently caress her anymore.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

i got to the end of the whole entire bible, by reading it, and my take away from it was that jesus was just a great moral teacher, like buddha whose bible i also read

whos bubbha?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

judaisim made a lot more sense before the babylonian captivity, where they got all indoctrinated into zoroastrianism. before then, yahweh was simply a fire god who lived on top of a mountain and ordered the jews to worship only him, rather than all the other gods there were.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prettz posted:

judaisim made a lot more sense before the babylonian captivity, where they got all indoctrinated into zoroastrianism. before then, yahweh was simply a fire god who lived on top of a mountain and ordered the jews to worship only him, rather than all the other gods there were.

the jews were the first people to worship mazda outside of japan

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There is a fun book called "holy Sh*t" a brief history of swearing.

There is a part that deals with latin and how alot of their vulgar words become our medical word. Vagina is a rather crude roman slang word meaning sheath.

The other part is basically a bible lesson talking about Abram, how he had that dream where a torch passed through cut up cows, and it was basically god cursing himself to honor the convent. It also talks about how abram followed pagan practices like planting a tree, blah blah blah

And how god leveled himself up soo much that he went from saying "LOOK HOW I AM STRONGER THAN THESE OTHER GODS" "There were never any other gods its was just me"

Sadly God left his wife

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

flerp posted:

whos bubbha?

fat gay jesus

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

solaranus posted:

I really don't get how this one got interpreted as masturbation=sinful as opposed to "hey dude you've got a duty to knock up your dead brothers wife". Nor do I get why Onan was such a pussy about nuttin in them guts.

basically it's all ejaculation not inside a woman is evil, and he didn't wanna knock her up cause if she died with no kids he got all his brother's money and poo poo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the bible is dumb as gently caress but then again this thread is too, so

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

solaranus posted:

Yeah he wasn't jerking it, he specifically was disobeying god's will to procreate and pulling out.
Did any of you ever play that text adventure game old testament simulator? It's pretty cool in that every choice fucks you.
Like even obeying every one of god's wishes gets you punished because he comes down and says "Oh, you didn't really want to follow my commands, you just did it so I'd reward you!"

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Elfgames posted:

basically it's all ejaculation not inside a woman is evil, and he didn't wanna knock her up cause if she died with no kids he got all his brother's money and poo poo.

I'm pretty sure Onan already had a wife that he was knocking up on the reg already though, or at least that's what I remember from my reading. Like all I took away from it was: his brother died, it was explicitly stated bros had to pitch hit in case of death, and Onan was like nah dude I'm pulling out just because. Am I misremembering things?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Dude you're really loving up the lineage inheritances, just baste your sister in law already

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah he wasn't jerking it, he specifically was disobeying god's will to procreate and pulling out.
Did any of you ever play that text adventure game old testament simulator? It's pretty cool in that every choice fucks you.
Like even obeying every one of god's wishes gets you punished because he comes down and says "Oh, you didn't really want to follow my commands, you just did it so I'd reward you!"
I want to play this game now. What's his name?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Elfgames posted:

Did they not know about anal in those times or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I prefer the women in the Koran because they're half your age or 7.

Wait I think I hosed that joke up...

• Locked thread