Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

woke wedding drone posted:

I don't know, if the cardinal was in red sweats instead of a robe this looks like a lot of black kitchens to me:

Look at all that wasted floor space. Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNakedFantastic
Sep 22, 2006

LITERAL WHITE SUPREMACIST

Who What Now posted:

What do you mean "replacing" whites? Immigrants aren't body snatchers.

Google the concept "demographics". Thank me later.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

TheNakedFantastic posted:

Google the concept "demographics". Thank me later.

So, by 'replace' you mean 'also be there with.'

Man, your language is weird.

TheNakedFantastic
Sep 22, 2006

on the left posted:

I thought the immigration was more about creating a poor mestizo underclass to perform degrading labor at low costs for elite whites.

A lot of it is. But as you can see that's not why some people are supporting it ideologically.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ze Pollack posted:

Only a small portion of people on earth get to sit on the top with a good quality of life and human rights, so every non-white enjoying those things means one less spot for a white. Also white people only enjoy most of those things from brutally exploiting and oppressing others and stealing their wealth and labour, so eventually some other group is going to come and oppress and exploit "whites" because that's just how it works. Ultimately a lot of white people are terrified of being treated like they've treated others, currently or historically.

TheNakedFantastic
Sep 22, 2006

BrandorKP posted:

Here's what I want to know: What in your life led you to these beliefs?

I am uninterested in the structure of your beliefs. I don't care about the rationalizations for them. I want to know the meaning, the real significance they have for you. What happened in your life that brought you here believing this?

Well uh if you eliminate those things from an ideological belief I'm not sure there's much for me to tell you?

TheNakedFantastic
Sep 22, 2006

KiteAuraan posted:

What is "white culture"? Name it's defining traits, name a country that has all of those traits on display. What are it's traditions? It's interpersonal customs? It's family dynamics? It's foodways and cuisine? List the places these traits are universal. White culture doesn't exist. You have a bunch of national and ethnic cultures of people with light skin, but there is no unifying white culture, even giving allowances for some shared heritage from the Greeks, Romans and European Church.

In the US "White" culture was the dominate culture for most of 20th century since Whites constituted somewhere between 80-90% of the population, feel free to read up on that era of history.

TheNakedFantastic
Sep 22, 2006

Ze Pollack posted:

I mean demographic change over time in a given geographic area as a function of birth rate and population movements.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Back in high school I spent some time on a couple different Chans. Mostly 7 and 420chan because they had /i/ boards for forum invasions and stuff like that since 4chan had technically banned those. It was kind of fun for a while. I did end up wondering "What if this goes too far someday?" Question answered.

TheNakedFantastic
Sep 22, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Only a small portion of people on earth get to sit on the top with a good quality of life and human rights, so every non-white enjoying those things means one less spot for a white. Also white people only enjoy most of those things from brutally exploiting and oppressing others and stealing their wealth and labour, so eventually some other group is going to come and oppress and exploit "whites" because that's just how it works. Ultimately a lot of white people are terrified of being treated like they've treated others, currently or historically.

The capitalist system that exists today has resulted in a lot material development in the third world (especially Asia) such that a much larger percentage of people are capable of having a "good quality" life. The relationship between nations is significantly different from the colonial or cold war era.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

Baronjutter posted:

I thought it was more like the top 10%/1% get to live the high life. Importing a bunch of poor people would definitely help a lot of people on the bubble get into that group, especially when you think about people who are social capital rich/cash poor (think anyone with some retard "policy" job in DC).

Note how Democrats have really stonewalled attempts at increased skilled immigration. Imagine some twinkish Georgetown grad in Allen Edmonds stepping on a human face, forever.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I mean demographic change over time in a given geographic area as a function of birth rate and population movements.

And that's why you'll lose.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
What I want to know now is what the establishment right is going to do with the alt-right after the election? You can pretend all you want that this will be The End of Conservatism, but it's incredibly dangerous to assume a group that went from internet nobodies to effectively taking over a major political party in just over a year will simply disappear. It's impossible not see the established right try to use the bloc as a bargaining tool, especially if they "keep backing Hillary" after the election.

Edit:

The capitalist system that exists today has resulted in a lot material development in the third world (especially Asia) such that a much larger percentage of people are capable of having a "good quality" life. The relationship between nations is significantly different from the colonial or cold war era.

That's because the critical relationship is actually between non-state actors and (developing) nations. Nation to nation relationships between nominal allies amount to the larger nation guaranteeing certain rights to individuals and businesses in exchange for aid (or "aid") for the smaller nation. It's only different from colonialism because the repression is effectively being perpetrated by people's own state.

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 8, 2016

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Fantagraphics books (publisher of Matt Furie's 'boys club') issued a pretty cool statement condemning the use of Matt Furie's character as a the alt-right's racist Joe Camel.

http://fantagraphics.com/flog/truthaboutpepe/

quote:

The Truth About Pepe the Frog

Fantagraphics Books and Matt Furie, the creator of the eternally chill comic book character Pepe the Frog, condemn the illegal and repulsive appropriations of the character by racist fringe groups linked to the alt right movement and the Donald Trump presidential campaign. Furie’s character has been categorized as a hate symbol by the Anti-Defamation League as a result of these uses, creating significant emotional and financial harm for the creator.

Most media reports now routinely default to a narrow description of Pepe as a representation of white supremacy, ignoring the mellow, positive-vibed frog that he is in the hands of his creator, Matt Furie, within the pages of Furie’s Boy’s Club comics (as collected by Fantagraphics Books). Yet the myriad copyright violations of recent weeks have resulted in Furie’s name now turning up in Anti-Defamation League database search results.

Having your creation appropriated without consent is never something an artist wants to suffer, but having it done in the service of such repellent hatred — and thereby dragging your name into the conversation, as well — makes it considerably more troubling.

Fantagraphics Books wants to state for the record that the one, true Pepe the frog, as created by the human being and artist Matt Furie, is a peaceful cartoon amphibian who represents love, acceptance, and fun. (And getting stoned.) Both creator and creation reject the nihilism fueling Pepe’s alt-right appropriators, and all of us at Fantagraphics encourage you to help us reclaim Pepe as a symbol of positivity and togetherness, and to stand by Matt Furie.

We encourage reporters and others citing Furie as the character’s creator to also note that he condemns these illegal representations of his character. Matt is available for interviews through Fantagraphics. We encourage fans and others who support Furie to block, report, and denounce the illegal uses of the character by individuals and groups pirating him to foment hatred.

#SolidarityWithMattFurie
#MakePepeGreatAgain

This whole thing is just so weird - seeing the reactionary right steal iconogrpahy from underground comix creators who are about as far away from their bigoted bullshit as you can get.

The alt-right can't create their own culture so they just steal it from liberals after it's been wrung through memeing several billion times.

:feelsgood:

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Spacedad posted:

This whole thing is just so weird - seeing the reactionary right steal iconogrpahy from underground comix creators who are about as far away from their bigoted bullshit as you can get.

The alt-right can't create their own culture so they just steal it from liberals after it's been wrung through memeing several billion times.

Fascist have a long history of stealing other ideas from before their time and repurposing them to suit their needs. The NSDAP basically hijacked the romanticized (and only very,very racist) Nordic idealism element of German nationalism, in order to appeal to a common interest. Alt-right fascists stealing memes from 4chan to appeal to their common collective isn't exactly a new or even novel thing.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

A White Guy posted:

Fascist have a long history of stealing other ideas from before their time and repurposing them to suit their needs. The NSDAP basically hijacked the romanticized (and only very,very racist) Nordic idealism element of German nationalism, in order to appeal to a common interest.

And now they're stealing cartoon frogs from stoner comics.

quote:

Alt-right fascists stealing memes from 4chan to appeal to their common collective isn't exactly a new or even novel thing.

Yeah, they're taking decade-old memes and trying to use them as a racist Joe Camel to recruit the youngsters pretty much. This has been happening for a while actually, but I'm surprised it's gotten this much mainstream buzz.

Poor Matt - This is the last way any comix artist would want to get their creations recognized.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 8, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I honestly assumed every "alt-right" pepe meme I ever saw was ironic or satire. Sort of like "lol ths is what trump people actually believe" like the onion's Kelly comics.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Some are some aren't.

It's pretty clear now though that the unironic racists took it and ran with it.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

MizPiz posted:

What I want to know now is what the establishment right is going to do with the alt-right after the election? You can pretend all you want that this will be The End of Conservatism, but it's incredibly dangerous to assume a group that went from internet nobodies to effectively taking over a major political party in just over a year will simply disappear. It's impossible not see the established right try to use the bloc as a bargaining tool, especially if they "keep backing Hillary" after the election.

No,the Alt-Right are still Internet nobodies. Trump is not the Alt-Right. He is merely an extension of the Far Right movements that have swept over Europe. He's the most visible because AMERICA but this stuff was happening years and years before he decided to run.

As for the future of the GOP
http://www.nbcnews.com/specials/donald-trump-republican-party/gop-future

I thought this was an excellent appraisal of the possibilities. If the Republican Party starts now, maybe it can reshape the party into something less horrible. Otherwise, its attempts to cater to rich old white guys will only result in all of those rich old white guys dying off and the vacuum being filled by the Alt-Right.

The mainstream Right hates these fuckers as much as most of us do (in fact I enjoy the National Review articles I've read that savage them) so hopefully they can start to reform the Party soon.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 8, 2016

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

Spacedad posted:

Fantagraphics books (publisher of Matt Furie's 'boys club') issued a pretty cool statement condemning the use of Matt Furie's character as a the alt-right's racist Joe Camel.

http://fantagraphics.com/flog/truthaboutpepe/

Pretty glad to see more of the left turning into the uncool finger-wagging mother. This will only add fuel to a movement made attractive by its opposition to establishment thought.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugJ8TQh9gaM

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

on the left posted:

Pretty glad to see more of the left turning into the uncool finger-wagging mother. This will only add fuel to a movement made attractive by its opposition to establishment thought.

Yeah, maybe grabbing women by the pussy will be cool now.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

on the left posted:

Yeah, the Left are the real racists. We're just race realists :smuggo:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

on the left posted:

Yeah they should just say nothing when their stoner character gets stolen by people who think spamming tired old memes with racism is transgressive. :geno:

lothar_
Sep 11, 2001

Don't Date Robots!
Posting hitler memes and nazi furry art on /b/ is all fun and games until you stare at what you posted and wonder if those guys had a point after the funny shock value wears off.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
I'm pretty sure that if there's a strategy to convince chan trolls to stop posting racist cartoon frog shock memes, arguing about it on national television is the opposite of that strategy.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Pretty sure most know there's no way to convince trolls to stop posting racist memes and instead talking about it is to inform people to recognize hate symbols.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

So calling for continued immigration and globalization for the explicit purpose of replacing whites isn't anti white?
Immigration and globalization occurs because it's profitable, not because it's 'anti-white'. There's nothing special about whites, or non-whites, or any stupid partitions of humanity. You will lose your racial identity because your racial identity is an illusion, and all illusions are shattered when they contact reality.

If it's any consolation, the same people fetishizing blackness, or asianess, or whatever, the same thing will occur to them. "All fixed, fast-frozen relations, with their train of ancient and venerable prejudices and opinions, are swept away, all new-formed ones become antiquated before they can ossify. All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind. "

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

In the US "White" culture was the dominate culture for most of 20th century since Whites constituted somewhere between 80-90% of the population, feel free to read up on that era of history.

What you call "white culture" in that period never existed and was a fantasy of television shows such as Leave it to Beaver. In reality, that period was defined by numerous regional cultures based on race, but also on income, but defined by their shared identity as "American" as well as a vibrant mix of immigrant cultures that kept traditions from their homelands (Irish, Italian, Spanish, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, German etc.) and sometimes saw these traditions adopted into the greater regional cultures of the United States. At the same time you had African-American and Native American people practicing aspects of a shared American culture, while also maintaining incredibly distinctive and vibrant traditions of their own.

If anything was "white culture" at the time it was the use of state power to abuse and destroy minority communities in the name of protecting the myth that is "white culture".

Just admit that your mythic unified "white culture" never existed and that what has been defined as "white culture" is either fantasy, a general American culture that crosscut racial boundaries and was as much regional and financial as racial with many sub-divisions based on immigrant origin and ethnicity and that "white culture" is in-fact as varied as "African culture" and "Asian culture" in that it is a giant patchwork quilt of different cultures crosscutting regional, national and racial boundaries and is based far more on practice and language and that it borrowed from other "non-white cultures" just as much as they borrowed from it. Rock and roll for an example from your mythic time period of "White Purity".

This is also why "White Pride" and things like "Why is there no White Heritage Month?" are racist. They are based on a mythic construct of a shared "white culture" that doesn't exist. There are so many different cultures in the "White World" that lumping them together is purely a racist construct to define them in opposition to the other. Whereas Black History Month and Native History Month, at least in the United States, are based around the shared experiences and histories of distinct cultures that do exist, and aren't just 19th and 20th century constructs. It's also why Irish, German, Swedish, Spanish, etc. heritage celebrations aren't racist, at least in theory, because they are about cultures that exist, and share distinct histories and experiences that may differ from other ethnicities in the United States. It's also important to note that ethnic groups are more defined by shared language, culture, history and sometimes geographic boundaries than they are skin tone.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

rudatron posted:

You will lose your racial identity because your racial identity is an illusion, and all illusions are shattered when they contact reality.

easy - reject reality

like the naked fantastic guy who is lecturing others about revsionist white identity that never existed and then telling others they need to read more and do the research, lol

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

New hbomberguy video. Mocking a trailer for an alt-right wankpiece by davis 'moving skull' aurini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_Bs-8L4Mo

Also:

https://twitter.com/daveexmachina/status/784792319056830468

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Google the concept "demographics".

No. Use your own words like a big boy.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

KiteAuraan posted:

What you call "white culture" in that period never existed and was a fantasy of television shows such as Leave it to Beaver. In reality, that period was defined by numerous regional cultures based on race, but also on income, but defined by their shared identity as "American" as well as a vibrant mix of immigrant cultures that kept traditions from their homelands (Irish, Italian, Spanish, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, German etc.) and sometimes saw these traditions adopted into the greater regional cultures of the United States. At the same time you had African-American and Native American people practicing aspects of a shared American culture, while also maintaining incredibly distinctive and vibrant traditions of their own.

Not only that but refugees all throughout that period from post-ww2 such as those fleeing countries taken over by Russia were able to wield fairly significant regional political power. To the point that upsetting them could cost one an election.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Spacedad posted:

Not only that but refugees all throughout that period from post-ww2 such as those fleeing countries taken over by Russia were able to wield fairly significant regional political power. To the point that upsetting them could cost one an election.

Is that why Slavic cultures as a group got upgraded to "white" status? Because they had political power?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

KiteAuraan posted:

Is that why Slavic cultures as a group got upgraded to "white" status? Because they had political power?

I have a feeling that has more to do with them being "the guardians against the Turkish scourge".

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

MizPiz posted:

I have a feeling that has more to do with them being "the guardians against the Turkish scourge".

Surely then they'd love Ataturk.

Also, I reckon there's gonna be a LOT of salt coming up to the election day now.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

KiteAuraan posted:

Ding-Ding-Ding. If they wer enot perceived as having power they would be treated almost as bad as people identified as blacks or Latinos are.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Samovar posted:

Surely then they'd love Ataturk.

Dude's a muzzie. Doesn't matter what his actual beliefs were, what's important is that he wasn't born a Christian.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Thought this was decent and on topic:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...EdmHwwa403vAyBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

This seems like an extraordinarily poorly thought out suicide cult. Once all the enlightened once kill themselves the world will be better because all the losers will be left on earth to run it without the capital N, capital L "next level" people?

McDowell proselytizes for Heaven's Gate, a bona fide suicide cult, most of whose members drank the Kool-Aid sometime in 1997 or 1998.

• Locked thread