Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Uncle Jam posted:

he'll disappear from this thread racking up the hours in Barley Break.

Mentioning which, the OUYA store now has 112 titles. Barley Break is still among them. I really don't understand why you would put something of that quality in your store. Even if it was free it would still be terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hey guys; Ouya?! MORE LIKE BOOYAH!! Amirite, bros!

Please forward your congratulations and kudos of my witty jibe in the form of OuyaCOINS to gmaestud_420_@stomped.com

They're just showing their appreciation of the future Grammy award-winning OUYA RAP.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

raditts posted:

They're just showing their appreciation of the future Grammy award-winning OUYA RAP.

loving hell, why.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

raditts posted:

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

loving hell, why.

Hey come on, for a couple of days that was the closest we got to audio or video of the South by Southwest keynote.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Mentioning which, the OUYA store now has 112 titles. Barley Break is still among them. I really don't understand why you would put something of that quality in your store. Even if it was free it would still be terrible.

A big part of the OUYA concept is that no game will ever be rejected from the market because the OUYA people don't like it. So that means that even the worst possible game, if it were properly put together, would have a place on their store. You could not create a game that they would fail for subjective reasons if you tried.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

XboxPants posted:

You could not create a game that they would fail for subjective reasons if you tried.

Challenge accepted.

DigitalAdhesive
May 6, 2011

"Hey kid, wanna make a dollar?"

raditts posted:

What an age we live in. When this is all over we can look back on what a magical ride it was. And it also helped to answer questions about who the real game journalists are, and who just bang on the keyboard and call themselves one :eng101:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

XboxPants posted:

So that means that even the worst possible game, if it were properly put together, would have a place on their store. You could not create a game that they would fail for subjective reasons if you tried.

Didn't they fail their own sample game without recognizing that it was their sample game?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

XboxPants posted:

A big part of the OUYA concept is that no game will ever be rejected from the market because the OUYA people don't like it. So that means that even the worst possible game, if it were properly put together, would have a place on their store. You could not create a game that they would fail for subjective reasons if you tried.

Gonna get working on that Ouya port of SANIC GAEM asap.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

raditts posted:

Aaahaha the author comment wasn't wrong, they actually did put the lyrics up on Rap Genius.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Didn't they fail their own sample game without recognizing that it was their sample game?

No, one of the reasons they failed it was listed as "also this seems to just be our sample game, is that some kind of accident?". Theflyingorc posed as a member of mojang and submitted that app, so they gave him the benefit of the doubt, like "uhh when we run this it just seems to be our sample game? are we missing something?"

The other reasons weren't subjective quality things, though, it was basic functionality issues.

theflyingorc posted:

Hey! I haven't trolled him across multiple sites!

It's basically been this one and the fact that I got OUYAGamingSource to retweet some of my fake messages about the OUYA. That was a good day.

edit: Did you know that all OUYA consoles come with $3 to spend on day one? It's true, I read it on Twitter!

I just thought it was dumb at the time, but looking back, this was kinda funny.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 12, 2013

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

XboxPants posted:

You could not create a game that they would fail for subjective reasons if you tried.

Okay, I get the concept and I'll say it's an absolutely stupid idea with good intentions.
You saw those screenshots I took of Barley Break right? It's a 15 square numbered sliding block puzzle. It has no music, the blocks are white (not even a picture to finish the puzzle) you get a white "Congratulations" on black background when you win with a score, then back to start.

I know it's an "open" platform, but I think I might have seen better games made in my introduction to programming classes.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I know it's an "open" platform, but I think I might have seen better games made in my introduction to programming classes.

Hell yeah. Me and my lab partner made a turn-based RPG and a Battleship clone in Turbo-loving-Pascal during our first your of high-school programming, and we sucked at programming at the time.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

raditts posted:

The kids like androids and opened sources, I hear they like those raps too...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hell yeah. Me and my lab partner made a turn-based RPG and a Battleship clone in Turbo-loving-Pascal during our first your of high-school programming, and we sucked at programming at the time.

CONGRATULATIONS! You are (possibly over) qualified to make an BIOUYA game!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nowadays it's Python that's all the rage for into to game programming classes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Someone make a game in LOGO and port that to the Ouya.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I've sort of fallen behind on this thread, but I assume that literally every single aspect of the OUYA is still hilarious?

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

raditts posted:

Hold on, that's not a joke?

The "rapping" sucks, he sounds terrible but I guess it's fitting for the whole OUYA experience.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The first ten seconds of that "rap" made me so uncomfortable I had to shut it off.

Then again Julie Uhrman speaking has the same effect on me so maybe it's actually an effective recap of her SXSW interview.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Someone make a game in LOGO and port that to the Ouya.

LOGO is the loving poo poo, don't you dare drag it into this.

DigitalAdhesive
May 6, 2011

Big Mad Drongo posted:

LOGO is the loving poo poo, don't you dare drag it into this.

Oh my god, Turtle Logo on the Atari... memories.

:unsmith:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Actually, someone's bound to have made a BASIC interpreter for Android, right? So in theory someone could submit GORILLAS.BAS?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

XboxPants posted:

No, one of the reasons they failed it was listed as "also this seems to just be our sample game, is that some kind of accident?". Theflyingorc posed as a member of mojang and submitted that app, so they gave him the benefit of the doubt, like "uhh when we run this it just seems to be our sample game? are we missing something?"

You're remembering this wrong. I don't remember who submitted the default game - maybe zylche?

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

raditts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9EbOXYenJY

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

You're remembering this wrong. I don't remember who submitted the default game - maybe zylche?

That would explain why I couldn't find it in your post history. I'm gonna bet redmage, then, if it wasn't you.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

kirbysuperstar posted:

Actually, someone's bound to have made a BASIC interpreter for Android, right? So in theory someone could submit GORILLAS.BAS?

I certainly don't see why they can't. Gorillas or Nibbles would easily be better than Barley Break.

DigitalAdhesive
May 6, 2011

That rap was better.

:colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Leon Budd, that's my name,
That name again is Leon Budd

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

XboxPants posted:

That would explain why I couldn't find it in your post history. I'm gonna bet redmage, then, if it wasn't you.
You really are good at betting on the wrong horse.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532967&userid=167535#post413711665

zylche posted:

My OUYA game was rejected :ohdear:

quote:

Subject: [Game] (1.0.2) was Rejected T_T
Hello [Name],

Unfortunately we can't yet distribute [Game] (1.0.2) on OUYA.

Here is our team's feedback. Please consider it. We'd be thrilled if you resubmitted.
1. No Install details
2. Loads OUYAtron not [Game]
3. Options do no function, crash to menu
4. Characters are not easily viewed on a 1080 tv

Our goal is to be the most developer-friendly gaming platform. If you have questions about our process or our feedback onn what you submitted, please feel free to reach out to us at app-reviews@OUYA.tv

- Team OUYA
It was their sample game from the ODK

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I want to see Crazy Bus 2.0 get an Ouya port. Imagine that music on a sweet HDMI capable receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qneFuPjiVVo

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I want to see Crazy Bus 2.0 get an Ouya port. Imagine that music on a sweet HDMI capable receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qneFuPjiVVo

Someone submit Desert Bus 2.0 for the Ouya. It'd technically be their longest game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

Someone submit Desert Bus 2.0 for the Ouya. It'd technically be their longest game.

Well it's already on Android, so there wouldn't be much work to do.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well it's already on Android, so there wouldn't be much work to do.
Yeah, but it's just not the same if you can't plop down on your couch with a controller annaahahhahahahahahahahha i can't do it with a straight face sry

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
Ouya is being featured on Jimmy Fallon right now.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Cantorsdust posted:

I don't know if it's a good fit, the drift on the analog stick might counteract the bad alignment on the bus.

Just out of curiosity, what game did you say it was supposed to be, anyway?

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Guacamayo posted:

Ouya is being featured on Jimmy Fallon right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b9cbUlTgsA

"They get the console early which is now shipping out".

Somebody got a check.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Really surprised someone has not changed XboxPants' name to OuyaPants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

luncheon meat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b9cbUlTgsA

"They get the console early which is now shipping out".

Somebody got a check.

Haha, and the game he showed was Stalagflight. How many times now has it been shown?

• Locked thread