Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

This little animation is from the game, I think?

(Perfect new page post :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009
I knew we had different play styles, but I didn't realise until this update just how much. Goufs everywhere, no Goggs, Subs or Magella Tops. Goggs are amazing, they're basically fast amphibious Guntanks, admittedly with lower range, and an inability to hit air targets. As for the cost, 750 Money 3600 Resources isn't that much for something you'll rarely need to replace, compared to 850/1520 for Dodai Zakus, or even 900/1800 for Gouf As. Twice as much a Gouf sounds like a lot, but as long as you aren't constantly upgrading, or losing units, resources are easy to get hold of. More often than not, Money is what you need to worry about, especially if you want Doms fairly early. With Magella Tops providing air superiority and Subs to refuel them, Goggs can take care of everything else, even Gundams.

Tobias Grant posted:

The Feds have started fielding GMs!

I keep Norris and Ramba near a retreat point just in case things turn out badly, but hopefully the two will be enough to fight them.

The one on the left anyway. Take a closer look at the right one.

Pimpmust posted:

This little animation is from the game, I think?

The 2005 PS2 version. It was chasing a Fanfan. If it didn't turn to shoot, it's shield would have saved it.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
What the hell is the Zakrello supposed to be? I have no idea what that design is aiming for.

Also, does Zeon actually have any units that can take on the Gundam at this point? Most of the update was spent running around it, but I imagine that gets a lot more difficult later on.

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009

Inadequately posted:

Also, does Zeon actually have any units that can take on the Gundam at this point? Most of the update was spent running around it, but I imagine that gets a lot more difficult later on.

In space, Chivvays and Gwazines could probably manage it, eventually. Goggs can manage pretty well, in the water and at range 2 at least. You generally don't want anything attacking a Gundam at range 1, but Goggs or Gouf Bs that get lucky with their shields can probably survive.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Inadequately posted:

What the hell is the Zakrello supposed to be? I have no idea what that design is aiming for.

The design idea behind the Zakrello is that it's a space superiority mobile armor. It has enormous boosters that let it go incredibly fast, and the mouth-mounted mega particle cannon is for use against large ships. The two giant knife arms are for close combat in case it needs them while doing its strafing runs, and it also carries missiles because why the hell not. There wasn't anything all that terrible about it, really, but it was just another entry in the prototype parade.

quote:

In terms of just slugging it out, no. One of the reasons the Gundam is so powerful is because its beam rifle gives it the firepower of a battleship, and Zeon can't miniaturize mega particle weaponry to that extent. They do eventually get it figured out for suits we'll see later, but by that point, it's too late to alter the course of the war.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Meaty Ore posted:

The asteroid belt is beyond Mars and they would take too long to get within usable range. His dad also signed a treaty that bans dropping poo poo on Earth as well as using nuclear weapons; so as long as he's in charge, Gihren has to play somewhat by the rules. And any practical conventional artillery launched from orbit would burn up in the atmosphere before reaching its target.

You wouldn't use conventional artillery, you'd be using rods from god. Drop a ten tonne rod of Tungsten (surprisingly small) and it hits like a pocket-nuke.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Basarin posted:

Huh. Didn't realize the Mudrock was made playable in other games. Can you point out which ones? If nothing else just to see how it operates WITHOUT the idiot who basically hijacked it in order to kill you (he really held a grudge against the PCs at that point)

You can get it in all four Gundam Battle games for the PSP. I think you can get it in Gundam Assault Survive for the PSP as well. Past that, I'm not sure.

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009

To show the superiority of the Magella Tops, here's the Federation's early fighters.

While the Top has less HP and Energy than any of them, it's also the strongest and cheapest, and 1-2 range makes up for a lot. Until Coreboosters start showing up, Magella Tops own the skies, and even then they're much cheaper and can be built anywhere.

Mikl posted:

I remember reading a let's play of this game over in /m/, where the lp-er played as the Federation with the challenge that he couldn't develop his own MS or MA, but had to steal blueprints from Zeon. It ended with a mass attack on A Baoa Q by Zakrellos versus mass-produced Big Zams, and it was awesome.

What I'm getting up is that Zakrellos are awesome and you should mass-produce them. All Zakrellos, all the time.

Zakrellos might be great for the Federation who have to fight their way across all of space, but for Zeon they're pretty much Musai that won't fall apart at range 1. There are a couple engine changes in the newest Gihren that make them really good, but they're just not very useful in this one.

Basarin
Oct 15, 2012

Midjack posted:

You can get it in all four Gundam Battle games for the PSP. I think you can get it in Gundam Assault Survive for the PSP as well. Past that, I'm not sure.

Explains why I never picked up on that. Thanks though!

Jegan posted:

The one on the left anyway. Take a closer look at the right one.

Oh dear. Is that an RX-79?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

goatface posted:

You wouldn't use conventional artillery, you'd be using rods from god. Drop a ten tonne rod of Tungsten (surprisingly small) and it hits like a pocket-nuke.

I believe I saw some animation (possibly from the 2005 version of the game) where Zeon is using a resource railgun to drop lots of tiny asteroids all over Earth but I believe it is taken out by some Federation fleet before the show/game starts. Plus the whole banning blowing poo poo up from space treaty.

Seems kinda dumb in hindsight! What, did Zeon really spend tons of their 1:30 underdog resources on building Earth invasion drop ships, equipment and ground forces? They can't have done it during the war because they launch that invasion within a matter of months.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

Basarin posted:

Explains why I never picked up on that. Thanks though!

Oh dear. Is that an RX-79?

next update spoilers.

It's the EZ-8. I wasn't expecting it so early, so I didn't comment on it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Inadequately posted:

It's one of those designs that people just love:

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
The Zakrello design makes me think some luckless Zeon engineer was tasked to build a giant mantis robot, but they ran out of budget, slapped everything on the head and called it a day.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Does anyone else look at the Zakrello and think "Hey, that looks like some enemy you fight in Descent!"?

Because it sure looks like it. :v:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The Zakrello is basically a ghetto Bigro. Both are incredibly fast mobile armors designed for anti-fleet action, one just looks ugly as sin outside of that one picture in MS Era.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Mikl posted:

I remember reading a let's play of this game over in /m/, where the lp-er played as the Federation with the challenge that he couldn't develop his own MS or MA, but had to steal blueprints from Zeon. It ended with a mass attack on A Baoa Q by Zakrellos versus mass-produced Big Zams, and it was awesome.

What I'm getting up is that Zakrellos are awesome and you should mass-produce them. All Zakrellos, all the time.

I remember that Challenge. That was in Blood of Zeon I believe for the PS1. Which actually had animated cutscenes for its various events (I loved those things). Every now and then /m/ gets on a GG kick, they are very fun games.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
You know Tobias, if you have IT'S A GUNDAM posted in the update you'll tempt fate and some poor Mook will inevitably explode afterwards.

Probably a Leo.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

LEGO Genetics posted:

You know Tobias, if you have IT'S A GUNDAM posted in the update you'll tempt fate and some poor Mook will inevitably explode afterwards.

Probably a Leo.

But a Leo is from AC, not UC

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Like that's going to stop a Leo from exploding.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Onmi posted:

But a Leo is from AC, not UC

So, that poo poo don't matter.

Even if this game takes place in UC, when a Redshirt yells IT'S A GUNDAM, a Leo explodes

It just does.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

LEGO Genetics posted:

Even if this game takes place in UC, when a Redshirt yells IT'S A GUNDAM, a Leo explodes

It just does.

I assumed Leos just randomly exploded whenever someone announces any enemy contact. Like a squad of them is dispatched into combat and the new guy is like, "Enemy spotted" and everyone else is just like, "Ffffffffffff-" and then someone explodes.

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.

LEGO Genetics posted:

Probably a Leo.

...you know, when you compare them to Leos, you suddenly realize that any Zaku after MAYBE the MS-03 prototype is a remarkably durable and useful piece of equipment.

Speaking of Zakus, I think I've finally gotten the hang of this. I can reliably three-turn Odessa, occasionally two-turn it, and have gotten to Turn 8 or so with Odessa/NY/Cali taken, Europe and Asia nearly mine, and bits of Africa/S. America taken.

The turning point was when I noticed how few Zaku you were using in any one battle. I started out thinking of one unit of Zaku as a full three-deep stack, and couldn't expand nearly fast enough- once I started sending in one or two units and reinforcing them if needed, the Feddies started keeping the defender count manageably low.

That same strategy also taught me how to make Salami explode in droves. Thanks for the help, and +1 to the Goons Who Learned to Play GG Here counter.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Bluemage142 posted:

...you know, when you compare them to Leos, you suddenly realize that any Zaku after MAYBE the MS-03 prototype is a remarkably durable and useful piece of equipment.

Speaking of Zakus, I think I've finally gotten the hang of this. I can reliably three-turn Odessa, occasionally two-turn it, and have gotten to Turn 8 or so with Odessa/NY/Cali taken, Europe and Asia nearly mine, and bits of Africa/S. America taken.

The turning point was when I noticed how few Zaku you were using in any one battle. I started out thinking of one unit of Zaku as a full three-deep stack, and couldn't expand nearly fast enough- once I started sending in one or two units and reinforcing them if needed, the Feddies started keeping the defender count manageably low.

That same strategy also taught me how to make Salami explode in droves. Thanks for the help, and +1 to the Goons Who Learned to Play GG Here counter.

Just wait until you decide to play Federation because it's a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BALL GAME compared to Zeon. Since you can't just hold the line until you get Gundams (which will stomp everything, make no mistake) You have to push hard to take Peking in the first 5 turns. If you don't. Scrap it. However much you can control of Eurasia and the Earthsphere, that's how well you're going to do. You have to leave to hold space with Ships. My honest to god Recommendation is Scrap your Salamis for Resources and produce Mags. With good ship control and Minovsky screening you can hold space with those Mags. But trust me, the Federation have it so much harder in the early game, especially if you blow your resources making tanks/fly mantha (Which you may, as you might need it to take Pecking/secure your position)

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

LEGO Genetics posted:

It just does.

I loving died. thank you

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

LEGO Genetics posted:

It just does.

The funny thing is that I once saw some dude crunch the numbers. Almost every mobile suit out there has numbers for its weight, stats for what it's made of, crap like that. The end result: the Leo was actually the toughest grunt MS out there, across all the continuities. But the Gundams in Wing were so disgustingly powerful that nothing could keep up, so Leos picked up their "made of tissue" reputation that sticks to this day.

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012

MechaCrash posted:

The funny thing is that I once saw some dude crunch the numbers. Almost every mobile suit out there has numbers for its weight, stats for what it's made of, crap like that. The end result: the Leo was actually the toughest grunt MS out there, across all the continuities. But the Gundams in Wing were so disgustingly powerful that nothing could keep up, so Leos picked up their "made of tissue" reputation that sticks to this day.

The Leo is an amazing unit.

Unfortunately, everyone in AC started off the Leo and built up.

Poor Leos.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

MechaCrash posted:

Out of curiosity, which was the weakest?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I've been playing catch-up with this thread, but seriously...

Holy gently caress it's Visch, the Wild Thunder of Zeon!

Does that mean the White Dingos are in, too?

I still own Side Story 0079. If my capture card supported SD resolutions, I'd be LPing it right now; I love it to death! There's also no game that will make you respect the Gogg more. It's terrifying fighting one of those when all you've got is a standard GM or GM Cannon.

I may have to pick up an RCA to HDMI converter just to show it off. Side Story 0079 really deserves to be seen.

Edit: VVVV It's great! There's only one mission that I didn't enjoy. gently caress that Gau! :argh:, and there's even an important choice part-way through that changes the end game significantly. Also, Visch pilots a Gouf and then a Gelgoog. :3: VVVV

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 11, 2014

Basarin
Oct 15, 2012
Yup, the Side Story characters are there on both sides (not that they're restricted to Australasia at all in this game...).

Sadly, never had the console to play it, but looked damned nifty.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Is the Zanny in the game? It was a stop-gap mobile suit the Federation (re)built using salvage Zaku chassis. It kind of sucked.

How about the GM Camouf? :ninja:

Given how late into the War the GM was introduced, its kind of silly that Zeon had enough time to rebuild some Zakus into some weird infiltration unit.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Materant posted:

Out of curiosity, which was the weakest?

Unfortunately, I do not think those numbers were processed, I just know that the Leo gets a really bad rap.

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Does that mean the White Dingos are in, too?

I still own Side Story 0079. If my capture card supported SD resolutions, I'd be LPing it right now; I love it to death!

White Dingos, but no White Dingo Customs. Probably not a bad decision, since the MS they use all come in 3s normally.

PoptartsNinja posted:

There's also no game that will make you respect the Gogg more. It's terrifying fighting one of those when all you've got is a standard GM or GM Cannon.
Goggs as usable units are great in Gihren, Gundam Battle Universe, and Journey to Jaburo.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Jegan posted:

White Dingos, but no White Dingo Customs. Probably not a bad decision, since the MS they use all come in 3s normally.

That's fine, they just had standard units anyway. The White Dingos aren't ace-aces, they're just really capable grunts like the 08th MS Team. Their presence at all is just what surprised me since their game was a Sega Dreamcast exclusive.

Then again, the Efreet is in this and I don't think it's ever had a model kit.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's fine, they just had standard units anyway. The White Dingos aren't ace-aces, they're just really capable grunts like the 08th MS Team. Their presence at all is just what surprised me since their game was a Sega Dreamcast exclusive.

There is a kit to convert the gouf model into the efreet it would appear, which makes sense as it is technically a gouf variation.

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

I suppose. Even in Gundam Battle Universe the Customs are marginal upgrades with a couple more weapons, and a shield for the GM Cannon. Honestly, the White Dingos are probably in for the same reason the Midnight Fenrir aren't. Rise from the Ashes gives the Federation 3 pilots, and Zeon 1. Zeonic Front would give Zeon 9, and the Federation 1. After all, even with them, the Federation only starts with 46 people, 24 of whom are pilots. Zeon starts with more pilots than the Federation has total.

Jegan fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 11, 2014

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
So I've been trying out a new game again since the other one got bogged down too much, tried out the tip about mass-producing Magellan Tanks for their Tops and I have so far found it overwhelmingly useful, makes getting those annoying to get water areas MUCH more tolerable since it's only subs and flyers, Zaku 2J's for the subs and all those Tops for munching anything that flies is a successful strategy so far.

Also I did a bit of blitzkrieg and took Central America in the first turn, since the AI wasn't responding to my attack until turn 3 I just took all the territory there I could get to in time, managed to steal Mexico and also East+West Canada to stop those pesky reinforcements from the north which was a good idea.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
After seeing this thread, I picked up Gihren again. I actually contributed to the wiki a little bit back when the game came out, so it's cool to see it's still standing and has more content!

Gryps Conflict as Gihren's Zeon is such a pain in the rear end, though... my units mostly suck, and I really hope I can take out the AEUG in the first five turns, or else I'm going to have a lot of trouble dealing with all those experimental MS and skilled pilots (not that there's many of them).

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009

Tobias Grant posted:

The Jukon sub's main purpose is to be a sea transport for your mobile suits. I don't particularly like subs, so I'm gonna pass on building any more of these.

I love subs. They're fast and immune to ground fire. Unlike Fat Uncles, they can park right next to enemy targets on land to unload next turn. They still have to worry about amphibious and aerial forces, but the Federation isn't too good at the first and Magella Tops can take care of the second.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

Welp, Garma got himself injured chasing after the Trojan Horse.

If we had given Char supplies, Garma would have died here instead of just getting injured. Garma will be back to full health in about three turns.

Got some finished projects.

The Zaku F2

And the Dabude land battleship.

The Zaku F2 is the best Zaku available to us at the moment. However, only F-types can upgrade into F2s, so all of our J-types will have to downgrade into an F-type before they can become an F2.

The Dabude is Zeon's answer to the Federation's Big Tray land battleship. It has high attack range and carrier capacity, and can move around easily in everything except mountains.

I did the material trade again for some extra cash. Notice that it gave significantly less money this time around compared to last time.

Thanks to it, I'm now caught up on all my development projects (except the Adzam, because seriously gently caress that thing.)

No movement was made on this turn.

It's time to see what these new Feddie Mobile Suits are made of! :black101:

A quick scan shows gives us our first look at the GMs. specifically the Ground type

Ha! They're so afraid of us that they didn't even try to fight back!

(Also notice Ramba Ral putting the spiky shoulder armor to good use.)

Now it's time for this guy. let's see what he looks like...

:stonk:

Gentlemen, it's time to fight a Gundam!

(Norris)

(Shiro)

Norris, no!

Ramba Ral attempts to avenge his fallen brother, but comes short of finishing him off.

Honestly, I'm not surprised that this happened, but losing him still hurts.

Shiro attempts to retreat, but I was having absolutely none of it. Blood will be repayed with blood! :black101:

I may have lost the battle, but I still consider this a victory!

I almost had Japan on this turn.

Instead, this jerk had to show up.

I figure, hey, it's just one Corebooster, Johnny and Nimbus should be able to handle it.

I need to stop saying things like that, because it always ends badly for me.

Luckily, he didn't press the advantage and retreated, allowing Johnny to fall back. He's still in Japan, but will be leaving ASAP next turn.

gently caress subs. That is all

Well poo poo. There's no way two F-type squads and a single Acguy can stop that.

I move the group near an exit point so that they can leave on the next turn. I want to give the guys in Peking some time to repair and rest up before I send them off to fight again.

---TURN 24---

We get a report that we can now start a special project that will give us access to special suits designed specifically for attacking Jaburo.

Also, now that we have Peking, we can attack Madras.

The Z'Gok is done!

The Z'gok is one of the best amphibious mobile suits in the One Year War. They're a little more expensive than the Acguy, but they are worth every penny.

It's at this point that I decide, instead of keeping a single Gogg around that I'm not really going to use, I scrap it for some extra material with which to build more Z'Goks with.

And since I had no real reason not to, I start the Jaburo Assault project. We won't get any of the suits until we reach the required tech levels, but I thought that I might as well get it out of the way now.

At this point it's time for a bit of spring cleaning.

So I scrap all of my remaining Gattle fighters. They've long since passed the point of usefulness, and I need the extra material. I immediately used the extra material to build another Z'Gok squad. because I like Z'Goks :v:

Dropping a lot of long overdue units down to Earth.

I sent my Hildolfrs over to Japan. I also sent a few dudes down to assist southeast Asia because...I'm not really sure why.

Wow, I actually feel insulted by this.

The Tin Cods are quickly destroyed.

First, Johnny gets the gently caress out of there.

Next, I move my Hildolfr transport as close to the action as I'm comfortable with, but accidentally leave it within Sleggar's range. Luckily, the Fat Uncle survived.

:getin:

Hildolfr strong.

The Federation cowards flee before the might of the Hildolfr! But not quickly enough as to give me Japan.

I suppose I briefly played with the idea of fighting back when I sent these guys over.

But than I realized that that plan was retarded, and issued a full retreat.

Oh hey, something is actually happening in space!

I decide to wait for reinforcement, since the Magellan can attack outside of the Musai's range.

---TURN 25---

We got some new toys!

another High mobility Zaku.

MS-07B Goufs!

Gaws!

Also, some new projects just opened up.

Heavy goufs

And flying Goufs

Another High Mobility Zaku. This one also called the High Mobility Test Type, because the High Mobility suits in this game weren't confusing enough. Still, at least it's a noticeable improvement compared to the others.

When people think Goufs, this is what they think of. It's not a major improvement statwise compared to the Gouf-A's, but these carry around shields to block incoming damage. Plus they can use Dodai's, and you all know how much I like Dodais :science:.

Gaws are Super Fat Uncles. They're powerful and can bomb land targets, but tend to miss alot because of low accuracy. Still, once the Feds start rolling out Pegasus ships, you're going to want a few of these around.

Anyway, I skip the Heavy Gouf, and double up the Flight gouf, because of reasons.

And of course, any spare resources I have go into upgrading my Goufs into B-types and putting them onto Dodais.

Remember those Zaku-I Ace Customs that I had from the beginning? Those are scrapped too, and the resultant scrap metal goes into upgrading more Goufs.

On a whim, I decided to check out the Water territory where I first spotted a Gundam, and holy poo poo is that a lot of dudes. I'm going to have to do something about that before it becomes a problem.

I decide to go on the offensive, rather than let them attack one of my territories.

Brave Sir Feddie ran away.

This is an excellent opportunity! the forces I'm up against is only about half of what is actually stationed here.

The Z'Gok (and lone Acguy) squads move in from the left.

Gouf and Zaku Dodai Riders come in from the bottom right. The guys that were supposed to come in from the top right aren't here, so that can only mean one thing...

An enemy sub tries to attack my Z'goks, but misses every shot.

I was extremely tempted to attack the sub that's carrying five units, but erred on the side caution and played it safe.

So far, so good.

Unfortunately, I wasn't careful enough and allowed some of my Z'goks to enter the range of the entire enemy fleet, no serious damage was done, but it still sucks.

At this point, I could have gone on the offensive, and in hindsight I should have, but at the moment I was still worried about those Gundams. So instead I captured a nearby supply point and waited for the Z'Goks to repair itself.

The Goufs get their first taste of anti-sub warfare.

Annoyingly, a Don-Escargot blocks the supply line, so my Z'goks can't repair themselves. Fortunately, they don't take much damage.

The J-type's also come under fire from some Sabrefish. Oh well, better them than the Goufs.

At this point, I decide to go on the offensive. Otherwise they'll just keep chasing my Z'goks.

The first thing I need to destroy are those Gundams.

And after scanning them, I have good news and bad news, the bad news is that I'm not just up against the Prototype Gundam, but also THE Gundam. The good news is that they don't have any Ace pilots, so this is the best chance I'm ever going to get to knock out two powerful mobile suits in one go.

Shin Matsunaga and two ace-less squads lead the charge against the Gundams, the Dodai Riders go after easy targets, and the majority of my Z'Goks try and repair themselves again.

We did it! Shin destroyed the Gundam! Suck it Char! :woop:

The Dodai Riders all destroyed their targets as well.

This was a mis-timed screenshot, but the Prototype Gundam managed to kill a Z'gok, but took heavy damage in exchange.

Meanwhile, this Don Escargot managed to do just enough damage to kill a Z'gok. :argh:

I've got this battle won, now I just need to chase off the remaining Subs.

Shin kills the Prototype Gundam

The Black Tri-Stars kill a sub carrying what I think were Guntanks or some other land-only unit. Either way, they're at the bottom of the ocean now.

And this jerk also bites it.

The Feddies begin to flee for their lives, and the battle ends.

I move everyone to the center of the map, and wait for the enemy to come to me.

Now we know what happened to the guys who were supposed to come in from Europe. Truth be told, this is actually a good thing, becuase the J-types are right over a base, and the enemy force mostly consists of fighters who can't hit a grounded target.

Long battle short, alot of enemy fighters were shot down, with me losing very few Zakus in return.

Time for some Magellan vs Magellan action!

Oh hey, Revil, long time no see!

After the reinforcements arrived, Revil stood no chance and was easily shot down.

---TURN 26---

Good news! Garma's out of the hospital!

His brother, Dozle, wants revenge for Garma's injury, and asks if he can send Ramba Ral after the Trojan Horse. Decision time!

If we say YES: Two things can happen. If you have Doms, Ramba Ral will win and you will get a free Guntank, Guncannon, and Pegasus-class ship. If you don't have Doms, Than in the middle of a battle Ramba Ral will forget how to fight and he, Hamon, Akos, Cozun, and Kuranpu will die.

If we say NO: Ramba Ral won't go chasing after the White Base, and therefore won't have a reason to blow himself up with a grenade.

As of this moment it is extremely unlikely that I will get Doms in time, since Ramba Ral will ask for them two turns after you say YES.

Voting will end on :siren: Saturday at 12:00AM EST. :siren:

Tobias Grant fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

No, this is a fool's errand!

Besides, we destroyed The Gundam, right? We win. Forever.

• Locked thread